Cornwall Football Forum

Not seen this topic yet - but with it being 1st June, the old merry-go round starts again.

I think Penryn will be strong again, maybe picking up a couple new players - I saw they had the lad Sims down there towards the end of the season, good signing if he stays. Expecting Perranporth to be strong again, with St Day pushing again.

Not to forget the likes of Illogan, Mullion, St Ives and Hayle who tend to be up there

Anyone heard any rumours of new signings etc?

• 2 weeks later...

How many players are leaving Perranporth? Last i heard they are up there with the top sides In the new restructured st Pirran league. Also heard that the st day manager was going to step down? Any truth in this? Could be a very interesting division next season if these rumours are real.

7 hours ago, Kernowfooty said:

Ryan Reeve Penryn to Falmouth Town 1st team, Josh Magin St Ives to Mousehole. Cam Irish Hayle to Penzance. Brodie Kemp Falmouth 2nds to Hayle. 

Ryan Reeve is learning to be a groundsman at Penryn so wouldn't give up the chance to learn from Older, 

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

How many players are leaving Perranporth? Last i heard they are up there with the top sides In the new restructured st Pirran league. Also heard that the st day manager was going to step down? Any truth in this? Could be a very interesting division next season if these rumours are real.

I believe a few of there players could be off to St. Dennis. St. Day manager is already sorting pre season plans so that rumour isn't a good one. 😉

11 hours ago, Kernowfooty said:

I did wonder about the Ryan Reeve one, not quite at SWPL level yet. 

Not quite?

from the matches I watched last year in the SWPL I have seen worse players getting game time. Ryan reeve scores 20+ every season so I’m interested to see what you need to do to play SWPL

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

Not quite?

from the matches I watched last year in the SWPL I have seen worse players getting game time. Ryan reeve scores 20+ every season so I’m interested to see what you need to do to play 

I agree that the quality in the swpl in that average players are getting game time and money! As you say 20+ a season is good. I'll probably be proved wrong but we will have to see. 

Jack Willis going back to St Just from St Day. 

Reevey could play SWPL no problem at all and would get goals in it. Can’t see him leaving Penryn though! Most of the Penryn team could fit easily into SWPL, some have already had a couple seasons in it. The club would be starting next season in it anyway if the FA didn’t null and void everyone’s season from Step 3 down! Ironic really when every league above has gone points per game. Total lack of respect for grassroots football in my opinion. Just my opinion by the way!! 🤔

Ryan and loads from the top 5 or 6 in the league could/have been able step up. St Austell will be full of reserve players next year.

I Heard jack Willis isn't the only player leaving st day. Also been told Redruth have a new man in charge. Hayle looking to make a couple of signings from Helston as are porthleven. 

St ives will be the team to beat next year. Hearing they’ve added to their already decent squad. Title favourites.

Hearing hayle will be a strong force next season with a few from Penzance on the way down.

hearing  Perranporth are on a rebuild this season as a lot of their team from last year are going to be moving on

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, winston said:

Illogan flashing the cash for their returning goalie and trying to poach a striker from Perranporth, st day and penzance for a couple quid

I can assure you Illogan football club are not flashing the cash as you put it 🤔😉