Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League AGM 2019-20

7 hours ago, John Mead said:

My take on that is that they must of achieved the required number of more than 50% of the votes. It would seem unfair to keep them waiting. Still a small number of votes to come in but they won't change the situation for those who've already achieved a majority vote.

John, was there any outcome from the AGM on the Combination League merging with the Trelawny League as discussed last AGM now that they are both classed as recreational leagues? 

18 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

John, was there any outcome from the AGM on the Combination League merging with the Trelawny League as discussed last AGM now that they are both classed as recreational leagues? 

There was a vote on that subject during this years AGM. Not yet aware of the outcome. The scenario going forward will depend upon that vote but there are only 2 outcomes; Agree to almalgamate for 21/22 season or CCFA will place both Leagues as direct feeder leagues to St Piran.

33 minutes ago, John Mead said:

There was a vote on that subject during this years AGM. Not yet aware of the outcome. The scenario going forward will depend upon that vote but there are only 2 outcomes; Agree to almalgamate for 21/22 season or CCFA will place both Leagues as direct feeder leagues to St Piran.

Wonder where that leaves Duchy for the (hopefully) forthcoming season?

13 minutes ago, AJ715 said:

Is this the ludgvan res becoming the 1st team or with all leagues being expunged it is ludgvan 1st team coming down from the St Pirans league after folding the team earlier in the season?

Ludgvan 1sts coming down. The reserves will continue in the Trelawny Championship.

21 minutes ago, baldy said:

Ludgvan 1sts? The team that were effectively disbanded? Steward’s enquiry on that one?

Reserves going up? What does it matter? It’s done now. They definitely have two teams next season. There was a vote and they were voted in- it can’t get any fairer than that. You could argue their first team could still be in St Piran’s with the league being null and void. 

1 hour ago, Bantona said:

Reserves going up? What does it matter? It’s done now. They definitely have two teams next season. There was a vote and they were voted in- it can’t get any fairer than that. You could argue their first team could still be in St Piran’s with the league being null and void. 

And so Carharrack also stay in the Combo?

16 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

And so Carharrack also stay in the Combo?

Why not if they had a team? Too many teams/clubs are folding. Thing is I don’t think they have... I could be wrong. All is done now. Time to look forward to something after this awful situation. Hopefully grassroots football isn’t too far away. 🤞

15 hours ago, baldy said:

Ludgvan 1sts? The team that were effectively disbanded? Steward’s enquiry on that one?

There was nothing in FA nor League Rules to prevent Ludgvan, as a Club, from applying to fill a vacancy. They needed to achieve a majority vote from those who were entitled to vote and actually voted. They received a required number of votes, so therefore were elected. That's how it works - no inquiry needed!

The clubs in the league have decided but, you have to feel for Probus. Turned down originally. Join the league work up from the bottom to the top league, only to lose out because of the old boys network. Thought we got rid of that years ago. Nothing against Ludgvan or anything to do with Probus just my opinion.

It does seem to be done on a geographic basis. I feel for Gerrans/ St Mawes personally. They already play in a league at exactly the same level as the Combo and have not been accepted in which is a bit strange in my opinion. Totally get that it's been done democratically with a vote but don't think voters actually thought much about which teams deserved to be there. St Newlyn East, in a very good position to win Duchy Premier which would mean they had as much right to go up as Holmans and you could say more right than Illogan and Ludgvan or is it still the old thing of St Newlyn East being Duchy league so people think they should have to apply to ECPL and not have a right to apply to Combo and be successful. Think we need to get to an acceptance that there might be the odd Duchy Prem side from time to time who will apply for Combo and for them to get a fair shout. Does anyone think that had St Newlyn East been in Trelawney Premier and had been in front of Holmans or Illogan that the vote result would have been different? That is a question we need to ask ourselves because if the answer is yes then St Newlyn East should have been voted in in front of some of the other sides

I am not linked to any of the clubs this is purely an observation and my opinion.

Currently, there is an automatic promotion/relegation arrangement between Combo and Trelawny Leagues. The only way a Duchy or EC League team can be considered is if there is a vacancy - which was the case this year. Filling a vacancy is the only occasion on which a vote is taken to decide the outcome. In normal circumstances there would have been 2 promoted teams from Trelawny League with no relegations because Combo had 3 places to fill. The 3rd place would have been decided by a vote.

13 hours ago, Samd said:

It does seem to be done on a geographic basis. I feel for Gerrans/ St Mawes personally. They already play in a league at exactly the same level as the Combo and have not been accepted in which is a bit strange in my opinion. Totally get that it's been done democratically with a vote but don't think voters actually thought much about which teams deserved to be there. St Newlyn East, in a very good position to win Duchy Premier which would mean they had as much right to go up as Holmans and you could say more right than Illogan and Ludgvan or is it still the old thing of St Newlyn East being Duchy league so people think they should have to apply to ECPL and not have a right to apply to Combo and be successful. Think we need to get to an acceptance that there might be the odd Duchy Prem side from time to time who will apply for Combo and for them to get a fair shout. Does anyone think that had St Newlyn East been in Trelawney Premier and had been in front of Holmans or Illogan that the vote result would have been different? That is a question we need to ask ourselves because if the answer is yes then St Newlyn East should have been voted in in front of some of the other sides

I am not linked to any of the clubs this is purely an observation and my opinion.

Best thing then is Newlyn east apply for feeder league . Trelawney.  And earn their right to be excepted into the Combo.

The are in the east Cornwall feeder league.  Only my opinion again.

5 minutes ago, manutdfcok said:

Best thing then is Newlyn east apply for feeder league . Trelawney.  And earn their right to be excepted into the Combo.

The are in the east Cornwall feeder league.  Only my opinion again.

Unfortunately there was no agreement last season between EC and Duchy regarding promotion. So SNE and other Duchy clubs do not have a path upwards. The CCFA are aware but I do not know if this will be resolved any time soon.

County FA are keen to push through mergers and so have presumably a "tidier" feeder system in place aren't they?

But is it right to assume that if mergers don't happen - the Combo and Trelawny will for season 2021-22 be feeder leagues equally to St Piran West and ECPL and Duchy similarly both to St Piran East? 

Bit like the SWPL have more than one league feeding into them.

All teams must have a promotion path. The Duchy currently don’t have one. Needs sorting and the CCFA have the power to do so. Have not seen any announcement on this issue for West or East but stated earlier in the thread that the West have had their card marked.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

County FA are keen to push through mergers and so have presumably a "tidier" feeder system in place aren't they?

But is it right to assume that if mergers don't happen - the Combo and Trelawny will for season 2021-22 be feeder leagues equally to St Piran West and ECPL and Duchy similarly both to St Piran East? 

Bit like the SWPL have more than one league feeding into them.

Separate Teams meetings took place between County and the east leagues and County and the west leagues last month to discuss the way ahead.  It would be fair to say that County are keen for mergers and this was discussed in both meetings but this is very much a matter for the respective leagues.  There certainly seems to be more of an appetite to merge in the west than the east. 

All of this though is a bit of a red herring to the main problem which could bring potential complications.  With no agreed promotion/relegation arrangements between the Duchy and ECPL documented in their respective Rule 22's there is no clear and unambiguous pathway for the Duchy clubs to progress should they wish to do so and this is contrary to FA doctrine.  Both leagues were very positive in the meeting that this can be rectified for next season.  If arrangements can't be agreed then a pathway for Duchy clubs would need to exist and would be put in place and that's where it gets complicated on a number of fronts.  Given the tone of the meetings I don't believe that we will get to that situation and the ECPL and Combination will remain as the two St Piran feeder Leagues.  With the outcomes of the Duchy and ECPL AGM's due imminently we will soon know.  If mergers do take place over the coming years the top division of the new league(s) would somewhat obviously become the feeder(s) into St Piran.

5 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

manutdfcok. This is what probus have done, a few years ago they moved across from duchy but still got turned down. The thing is St. Newlyn East is closer than Newquay, and sides were always happy to travel there. Apart from St. Just on a tuesday night. 😊

Sorry if I'm wrong but weren't NE in the trelawney league / mining league and pulled out.

In the east Cornwall and pulled out. Now in the duchy and want to pull out. And join the combo.

At least Probus have tried to do it the proper way. How would any Trelawney premier club feel if they were stopped from promotion, 

For a duchy league team to get their spot. Come on be fair. Rant over.