Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League AGM 2019-20

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League AGM 2019-20

In the next day or so, Club Secretaries should be receiving details regarding this season’s LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League AGM.

This season the League is holding a Postal AGM as we are unable to meet due to the Covid 19 virus.

Inside each communication are notes from the League Secretary, Fixtures/Registrations Secretary and Treasurer.

Some things to note;

The League will follow all guidelines issued by the FA and CCFA as to when next season can “Kick-off”, and any issues regarding the safety of players, officials and spectators.

The League is NOT charging member Clubs an Affiliation Fee for the 2020-21 season.

Also included in the correspondence is a list of items that must be voted on, as at all League AGMs. To do this, there is included a voting form which must be filled in and returned within two weeks.

Individual Club Committees are advised not to meet in person but to discuss the AGM via electronic/postal communication and vote as they see fit.

Clubs must vote to agree on last season’s AGM notes, and the included reports.

Clubs must also vote on the constitution of the League next season. At present there are thirteen sides in the League and six have applied to join. Clubs must vote for three of those six.

Any rule changes and proposals are to be voted on, also who will be on the League Management Committee for next season.

Once the voting forms are received by the League more information will be released regarding next season’s members and any changes made to the rule book.

49 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Apparently the 6 clubs applying for the Combo are Gerrans and St Mawes United, Illogan RBL Reserves, Holman SC, Probus, Ludgvan and St Newlyn East. 

Can we start a prediction league as to which 3 will get in ? 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Apparently the 6 clubs applying for the Combo are Gerrans and St Mawes United, Illogan RBL Reserves, Holman SC, Probus, Ludgvan and St Newlyn East. 

Should be some interesting voting. Hope the right three get in.

Unfortunately with the TL league made null and void and the league tables ‘scrubbed’ the voting could be a bit of a lottery. Out of the 3 sides requesting to join from the Trelawny Premier Holmans & Illogan would have finished in the Top 4 and met the normal promotion criteria. Probus are the other Premier side applying for promotion and were mid table. Ludgvan are applying from the league below (Championship). Outside of Trelawny GSM are looking for a sideways move from ECPL where they were mid table at the break and SNE challenging for league in Duchy Premier and in JC SF

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 20:49, Dave Deacon said:

Lets hope their recent histories are taken into account, i.e. withdrawing from leagues and not fulfilling the fixtures. Doubt that will make a difference and the integrity of the league will be further diminished.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

Lets hope their recent histories are taken into account, i.e. withdrawing from leagues and not fulfilling the fixtures. Doubt that will make a difference and the integrity of the league will be further diminished.

Ludgvan have a new manager and a whole squad going over with him. Of which, the majority have played together for the past six years, so fulfilling fixtures will be no issue with them. It will nice to have such a hard working dedicated committee who work so hard behind the scenes off the pitch have their commitment mirrored on it. It will also be nice to see one of the founder members back in the league. Not a bad away day either, nice pitch and bar. 

13 hours ago, John Mead said:

I think that's the only fair way to decide upon promotion and relegation across their divisions.

Nothing official has been conveyed to the Trelawny League Clubs on that COA John but If that’s the case Holmans will finish top with 2.72, TMS 2nd with 2.36 and Illogan 3rd with 2.33 in the Trelawny Premier as the Feeder League to Combo

9 hours ago, Bantona said:

Ludgvan have a new manager and a whole squad going over with him. Of which, the majority have played together for the past six years, so fulfilling fixtures will be no issue with them. It will nice to have such a hard working dedicated committee who work so hard behind the scenes off the pitch have their commitment mirrored on it. It will also be nice to see one of the founder members back in the league. Not a bad away day either, nice pitch and bar. 

So when the manager goes the whole squad will follow him which I take has already happened at another club where both previously were? No offence but this pied piper scenario has been happening for several years and it is the clubs who suffer. Lessons don't seem to be learnt and it makes the leagues and local football something of a laughing stock.

I am almost certain that Cornwall FA will not allow clubs to jump multiple divisions this season. I raised concerns about this last season as I feel it is detrimental to the Cornish league structure. What is the point in teams like Holmans, TMS etc who have battled for the past few seasons to get into the Combo league, only for clubs to be able to apply and join from divisions lower than Trelawny Premier.

If this is allowed, it would be embarrassing. Last year, okay was a one off due to the forming of the St Piran League however, there is no need to do it this season. The combo, just to fill their league may be willing to crap on the teams and divisions below them, but they shouldn't be allowed to do it! It's not the leagues fault, they have vacancies that they need filling. It would be the fault of the member clubs that allow it to happen by voting these teams in. Just my opinion. 

I've got alot of time for Sue and the Committee at Ludgvan but by recruiting a team and a manager from a different club, they are doing to that club exactly what has happened to them, that doesn't make it okay. Get these "committed" players and teams to play in the current Ludgvan team and do it the right way. If needbe, apply for a second Ludgvan team to enter the Trelawny League. 

The integrity of Cornish football is lower now than I've seen before. 

This isn’t a team or players that have gone from club to club. They were at the same club (majority of players) for 6 years. The ex-club want to go in a different direction and the manager has left. The players and the club (Ludgvan) both want the same things. A stable team that performs to the best of their ability each week and turns up. If you knew more about the situation maybe your comments would be different. But I understand that’s hard to know unless you know the whole situation. The point is in response the comment about fulfilling fixtures- that was an assurance that won’t be a problem. Why would a club put themselves through all the hard work for nothing? The new manager hasn’t taken a whole squad from just one club with him. There are players from Ludgvan that were there before and players from his contacts. Ludgvan were also St Piran’s last year and the season was null and voided so there’s an argument there. I’m personally hoping no more clubs fold due to Covid-19. I’m sure everyone would benefit from more positivity towards local football. 

14 minutes ago, Bantona said:

This isn’t a team or players that have gone from club to club. They were at the same club (majority of players) for 6 years. The ex-club want to go in a different direction and the manager has left. The players and the club (Ludgvan) both want the same things. A stable team that performs to the best of their ability each week and turns up. If you knew more about the situation maybe your comments would be different. But I understand that’s hard to know unless you know the whole situation. The point is in response the comment about fulfilling fixtures- that was an assurance that won’t be a problem. Why would a club put themselves through all the hard work for nothing? The new manager hasn’t taken a whole squad from just one club with him. There are players from Ludgvan that were there before and players from his contacts. Ludgvan were also St Piran’s last year and the season was null and voided so there’s an argument there. I’m personally hoping no more clubs fold due to Covid-19. I’m sure everyone would benefit from more positivity towards local football. 

Why don't these players and manager start in the Trelawny League and work their way up on merit? I'm guessing they are players that would be playing below their standard in the Trelawny?

My observations aren't criticism - I understand exactly where you guys are. I just feel it's becoming all too easy to just do as we want in the lower leagues to suit our own Interests. I tried to help Ludgvan with my Flexi League players last season but we weren't taken up on the offer. The majority of the players aren't of a fantastic standard (including myself) but they'd have turned up and fulfilled fixtures. That offer wasn't taken up :(

5 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Why don't these players and manager start in the Trelawny League and work their way up on merit? I'm guessing they are players that would be playing below their standard in the Trelawny?

My observations aren't criticism - I understand exactly where you guys are. I just feel it's becoming all too easy to just do as we want in the lower leagues to suit our own Interests. I tried to help Ludgvan with my Flexi League players last season but we weren't taken up on the offer. The majority of the players aren't of a fantastic standard (including myself) but they'd have turned up and fulfilled fixtures. That offer wasn't taken up :(

I can’t comment on last season. I certainly don’t want to be going back and forth with messages on here. I just wanted to defend the first comment as I know the facts as to why the boys want to move clubs and why they’ve chosen to go to Ludgvan. They are top lads that just want to play football. No one from the committee ‘recruited’ them nor the manager. Let’s just wait and see what happens. 

Just now, Bantona said:

I can’t comment on last season. I certainly don’t want to be going back and forth with messages on here. I just wanted to defend the first comment as I know the facts as to why the boys want to move clubs and why they’ve chosen to go to Ludgvan. They are top lads that just want to play football. No one from the committee ‘recruited’ them nor the manager. Let’s just wait and see what happens. 

I get that. Regardless of all the technicalities etc, I wish you and the club all the best for the coming season as you begin the task of rebuilding :)

On 29/05/2020 at 17:47, Dave Deacon said:

“Postal” - bit old fashioned isn’t it CTB? 

I think there should be a paper trail.

11 hours ago, Bantona said:

Which Founder Member are you talking about? 

Ludgvan? 

Sorry you are way out there. 

The original members of the league for the start of the 1959-60 season were Falmouth Town Reserves, Helston Athletic Reserves, Nanpean Rovers, Newquay Reserves, Penzance Reserves, Porthleven, RAF St Mawgan, RNAS Culdrose, Roche, St Breward, St Dennis and St Just.

Ludgvan didn't join the League until the 1980-81 season.

Just for clarification... My previous post stating that surely the FA won't allow teams to jump divisions in no longer extant. I've been Informed that there is special dispensation in place this season to allow that to happen. Good luck to those teams therefore applying for these vacancies.

1 hour ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Well said Dave.  Seems to me the same sides are in and out of the combo when ever it suits them.

About time as you said, teams should earn the wright . Maybe I'm a little biast but, for instance Probus.

Have fought their way through promotions in the last few seasons.. Now in the Premiership.

Would it be right to let other clubs to just walk in to the combo , before them.

Wouldn't seem right to me. This is my opinion and nothing to do with Probus. Rant over.

On 29/05/2020 at 20:49, Dave Deacon said:

Did all 6 clubs have their applications  to  join the league submitted  by the leagues closing  date and when was the closing  date for applications?

1 hour ago, Dre 66 said:

Did all 6 clubs have their applications  to  join the league submitted  by the leagues closing  date and when was the closing  date for applications?

Before Ludgvan's application was accepted, the League sought guidance from CCFA, as it was only a couple of weeks ago. There is no FA rule which prevents applications to fill a vacancy being made, as long as they're received before the AGM. No further applications can now be accepted because the "postal" AGM has officially begun!

Who will get in? The ballot will decide!

10 hours ago, Pitty said:

Nothing official has been conveyed to the Trelawny League Clubs on that COA John but If that’s the case Holmans will finish top with 2.72, TMS 2nd with 2.36 and Illogan 3rd with 2.33 in the Trelawny Premier as the Feeder League to Combo

Hi Pitty, unfortunately CCFA have ruled that automatic promotions/relegations across different Leagues is not permitted this season. The only movement is via filling vacancies. Trelawny can use points per game only to determine promotion/relegation movements across their own divisions.

14 hours ago, John Mead said:

Hi Pitty, unfortunately CCFA have ruled that automatic promotions/relegations across different Leagues is not permitted this season. The only movement is via filling vacancies. Trelawny can use points per game only to determine promotion/relegation movements across their own divisions.

I'd imagine the 3 teams Combo accept would then have a knock on effect as to who gets promoted in Trelawny? In my opinion Holmans should definitely go up, finishing top of the Prem both as it stood and on points per games. The other 2 vacancies are difficult, however if Trelawny Prem is the feeder league to Combo, then the other sides should be Illogan and Probus. I'm unsure how SNE and St Mawes applications stand given the different league, but they have a fair claim. Ludgvan would be jumping up from the Championship which in my opinion isn't fair on the other sides applying, regardless of who their new manager and players are. Also if Trelawny are indeed doing promotions/relegations by PPG, would Ludgvan not be close to getting relegated to Trelawny Divison 1, instead of promoted to the Combination League?

Ludgvan definitely a top club with great facilities and should be in the Combination League. The players they have attracted under the new manager would make sure they'd compete at the top end of the table too. It could be argued Ludgvan would add more strength and competition to the Combo, more so than some of the other teams applying? Not an easy decision!

Trelawny Prem should  be the feeder lge to the Combo not Div 1 sides . The Combo lge should be inviting  applications from  Trelawny prem in the first instance and only opening the invite to others if they fail to get enough  applicant's  from Prem sides.  I personally think that after last season Ludgvan need to demonstrate  that they now have a bit of stability  in their club and should remain in the Trelawny  lge for the upcoming season to prove this is the case. Nothing against Ludgvan just think that the sides applying from the Prem should be the successful  one and I wish them the all the best with their applications. 

49 minutes ago, Dre 66 said:

Trelawny Prem should  be the feeder lge to the Combo not Div 1 sides . The Combo lge should be inviting  applications from  Trelawny prem in the first instance and only opening the invite to others if they fail to get enough  applicant's  from Prem sides.  I personally think that after last season Ludgvan need to demonstrate  that they now have a bit of stability  in their club and should remain in the Trelawny  lge for the upcoming season to prove this is the case. Nothing against Ludgvan just think that the sides applying from the Prem should be the successful  one and I wish them the all the best with their applications. 

Dre. Unfortunately the League cannot dictate who can or cannot apply to fill a vacancy. FA Rules govern the process.

38 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Dre. Unfortunately the League cannot dictate who can or cannot apply to fill a vacancy. FA Rules govern the process.

John, I appreciate  that the League must adhere to FA rules, I just feel that the process is not really fair on the sides that have played in the Trelawny  Prem this season and who's  goal has been to gain promotion  to the combo.I always thought that the Prem division was the feeder  league for the Combo. Let hope that the current sides in the combo do the right thing and vote the three sides applying  fron Trelawny prem in.On another note John are there any plans for the Combination  league  and  Trelawny  League amalgamateing for the new season?

22 hours ago, Dre 66 said:

Trelawney and combo is the same anyway there's no difference classed as junior football??? 

22 hours ago, Dre 66 said:

John, I appreciate  that the League must adhere to FA rules, I just feel that the process is not really fair on the sides that have played in the Trelawny  Prem this season and who's  goal has been to gain promotion  to the combo.I always thought that the Prem division was the feeder  league for the Combo. Let hope that the current sides in the combo do the right thing and vote the three sides applying  fron Trelawny prem in.On another note John are there any plans for the Combination  league  and  Trelawny  League amalgamateing for the new season?

Not for the coming season Dre but it is on the AGM agenda to vote for, or against, uniting the Leagues for the following season.

58 minutes ago, justin1 said:

Trelawney and combo is the same anyway there's no difference classed as junior football??? 

They're both classed as grassroots or recreational football ("junior" in football relates to youth) but the CCFA currently place Combo & ECPL one rung above Trelawny & Duchy.

Heard ludgvan will be the team to beat next year. Mousehole reserves who jumped up to play 2 leagues above while the likes of pendeen who didnt fancy it stayed. So now they will be in there element playing at this standard. I agree not much difference this league now too the trewlawny. Happy for ludgvan who have struggled recently with great facilities . Swings and roundabouts

1 hour ago, truthbetold said:

Heard ludgvan will be the team to beat next year. Mousehole reserves who jumped up to play 2 leagues above while the likes of pendeen who didnt fancy it stayed. So now they will be in there element playing at this standard. I agree not much difference this league now too the trewlawny. Happy for ludgvan who have struggled recently with great facilities . Swings and roundabouts

Soon see what other combo teams are about with the voting! Would be farcical if Ludgvan get in ahead of higher placed teams, regardless of who've they've got playing for them. However a local trip to Ludgvan with cracking facilities might outweigh a trip to Probus, SNE etc... 

42 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

Soon see what other combo teams are about with the voting! Would be farcical if Ludgvan get in ahead of higher placed teams, regardless of who've they've got playing for them. However a local trip to Ludgvan with cracking facilities might outweigh a trip to Probus, SNE etc... 

What team is it that's moving to Ludgvan? 

5 hours ago, John Mead said:

Not for the coming season Dre but it is on the AGM agenda to vote for, or against, uniting the Leagues for the following season.

They're both classed as grassroots or recreational football ("junior" in football relates to youth) but the CCFA currently place Combo & ECPL one rung above Trelawny & Duchy.

But not senior teams 

• 2 weeks later...