Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish Guardian

I here on the radio today that the county fa are looking into the picture that appeared in the paper showing more than ............................... (well you all know).

Listening to Lawrence Reed at dinner he asked people to ring in to find out if anyone was offended by this picture (some sad bloke rang in saying just that !!! and that the player concerned should be punished But i don't see what the player has done wrong surley it's down to the editor to check the pictures before they go to print).

After all its only a bit of fun and I'm sure the player didn't think for one minute that he would make the news or be looked into by the County Fa

Was just wandering how many Members on this forurm think the player should be punished or not.

As for me i don't think he should.

Haven't seen the picture that you speak of but it sounds as though somebody was just having a bit of a laugh and once again a boring member of the pc brigade has decided to have a moan and complain. Why can't these moaning idiots just get on with finding a nice little retirement home so that they can moan to the staff that they haven't had their ass wiped properly or their porridge is too lumpy.

We've enough bloody misery and crap in the world, without some sad, moaning old goat getting his kicks out of seeing somebody punished for having a sense of humour.

Haven't seen the picture that you speak of but it sounds as though somebody was just having a bit of a laugh and once again a boring member of the pc brigade has decided to have a moan and complain. Why can't these moaning idiots just get on with finding a nice little retirement home so that they can moan to the staff that they haven't had their ass wiped properly or their porridge is too lumpy.

We've enough bloody misery and crap in the world, without some sad, moaning old goat getting his kicks out of seeing somebody punished for having a sense of humour.

your right coopsie mate,but i think he should be hung at the F.A.s next meeting :SM_carton:

This sort of thing was quite common in the mid to late eighties, so much so that DCFA told secretaries to inform their players that it would not be tollerated, people who did it after the letter was sent were charged with bringing the game into disrepute, fined heavily etc etc. I foyu think about it, it could be constreud as flashing, which is a criminal offence and carries a fine and or imprisonment. So think on.

SO YOU THINK HANGING IS TO HARSH ,stig :SM_carton:

Was speaking to the chairman of the team concerned yesterday, and he's getting a lot of grief over this.

What may be seen by some as a bit of a laugh is causing a hard working volunteer a considerable amount of nause.

On the paper side, the first complaints were received after it was published in Wed's Guardian. So why on earth was it then published in the Indy yesterday???

The editor must take ultimate responsibility fro the content of the paper.

And to answer the question, yes the player should be punished

fair enough it was a bit naughty but if the player is punished so should the newspaper,they are the people who's job it is to make sure people dont get away with trying to play pranks and like someone else said why was the photo then re-printed in the indy the editors of both papers have the final say before printing so they are saying everything was fine in the paper.

Bloody hell, some of you "fuddie duddies" need to lighten up. Why don't we bring back the death penalty and deal with this scandalous behaviour once and for all?.

Comparing a player who obviously has a somewhat immature sense of humour to some kind of mentally deranged sicko who goes around flashing at old women and children is just plain absurd. Perhaps if those of you that are blatantly over-reacting to this spot of "high jinx" could develop a sense of humour, you may see that the world is not such a bad place.

To suggest sending this guy to prison is pathetic. To suggest fining the player is pathetic (who would fine him?) and to suggest that he's committed a criminal offence is pathetic.

Atleast after reading the responses to this topic we can deduce that ECPL, Mr Mourinho and St A 2nds have a sense of humour.

I think Torpoint Imp had it spot on. What players must realise is that these photographs can be considered indecent as they will be seen by thousands of readers of the Cornish Guardian - some of a very young age. It may be a bit of a lark at the time, but doing something like that can have severe repercussions. Hopefully nothing will come of it either for the player, league, CCFA, the Cornish Guardian or the photographer and it just dies away.

But it must be a reminder to all players - who must give it a little more thought when they are asked to line up for a team photo.

Guest L Binzo

We do not know how many photos were taken

What is clear is that players (and the player pointing) thought it was funny, and the club have received an awful amount of flack about it.

Given all the work their chairman has put into the club in the last few years he should not need to give up his own time to have to deal with the complaints about this photograph.

suspended for the rest of the season for having a sense of humour and a newspaper editor who is clearly incompetent?

absolute joke in itself if you ask me!!

You and tms no9 are spot on TruroLad. Pathetic and the "over-reactors" on here and those that have made complaints to the paper need to get a grip.

These little whiny people are what is ruining football.

I say, Have a prawn sandwich and shut the hell up. :angry:

Pathetic.

Ps - These are the type of people that leave a match before the final whistle of a big game, to "avoid the traffic" - whiny lil feckers, as i experienced a few weeks ago at my beloved Emirates

Rant Over.

These little whiny people are what is ruining football.

I say, Have a prawn sandwich and shut the hell up. :angry:

Pathetic.

Ps - These are the type of people that leave a match before the final whistle of a big game, to "avoid the traffic" - whiny lil feckers, as i experienced a few weeks ago at my beloved Emirates

Rant Over.

:clapper::clapper: .. Best and most sensible post made on here for bloody ages. Jenksy007 for prime-minister, All rise for Jenksy007 :c:

Guest Helston Patriot

when my 6 aside team where selected to play at wembly we had a photo and i got my balls out the person sending the photo didnt realise :o so when they recived it they just sent it back whats so hard about that?

to many people making a mountain out of a mole hill

Brilliant!! I've known guys to place thier Dicks on un-suspecting players shoulders in team photos! Funny as you like!

Welcome back HP, where you been mate?.

Jenksy007, Rubber Soul, St A 2nds and HP.. You guys prove there are people that know when something is nothing more than a lighthearted prank. All you old slipper wearers should take note and develop a sense of humour or atleast learn to differentiate between a joke and a criminal offence.

when my 6 aside team where selected to play at wembly we had a photo and i got my balls out the person sending the photo didnt realise :o so when they recived it they just sent it back whats so hard about that?

Brilliant!! I've known guys to place thier Dicks on un-suspecting players shoulders in team photos! Funny as you like!

haha my brother does stuff like that every football picture he has theres a chairity box in tms socail club for the tms lads and hes on it with it all hanging out over my shoulder the d**k :lol: :c:

• 1 month later...

haha my brother does stuff like that every football picture he has theres a chairity box in tms socail club for the tms lads and hes on it with it all hanging out over my shoulder the d**k :lol::c:

Your brother???? Interesting!

Anyway I agree with the light-hearted crew, the guy was probably embarrassed enough by everyone going on about it, why ban someone from playing a game they love for having a bit of fun.

This is where the rules suck... I remember being banned for a few months when I was 12 for playin out of my age group........ that's right, this is how we deal with players down here.

Let people play football unless they have broken some serious rules!

stig sounds like a right laugh...........always seeming to want the worse outcome possible from every situat5ion.

coopsie for once i agree with you to many moaners out there without a sense of humour.

the lad was just having a laugh, full responsibilty has to lie with the paper they never take just 1 photo always a few so can't see how the player can be banned............PC gone mad???

The object of the photo was to get a proper Team picture and the offending Player was taking the p. out of everyone else involved.

Well what do his team mates make of it, not officials or big wigs, but the players who probably keep their morale high within team with banter such as this????

Absolutely brilliant how wound up people are getting over this, obviously not enough work to be getting on with eh?

I don't know why this is an issue either, it called a joke and i agree if the editor did his job then it wouldn't have made it into the paper. people play football for fun with the lads, if you can't do that and get banned for things like this, no wonder people lose respect for any official parties involved these days.

tms no9, 2 words for you..........

JFC pic!