Cornwall Football Forum

On 06/05/2020 at 21:34, Foul Throw 3 said:

It’s 2020 that’s what emails, group chats, phone calls and even Zoom meetings can conquer! 

I do think this is how we should be approaching many meetings going forward. Reduction on travel should only help with attendance. At the St Piran SGM this year many Clubs did not attend for whatever reason, the information delivered could've easily been met via Zoom (or another acceptable media platform). There's many things we can learn from this pandemic in future. I know this is something we, as a Club, will be looking at internally for our committee.

1 hour ago, L.Gibbons said:

I do think this is how we should be approaching many meetings going forward. Reduction on travel should only help with attendance. At the St Piran SGM this year many Clubs did not attend for whatever reason, the information delivered could've easily been met via Zoom (or another acceptable media platform). There's many things we can learn from this pandemic in future. I know this is something we, as a Club, will be looking at internally for our committee.

I agree. Maximises attendance. Saves money on fuel. Saves the planet from pollution. Reduction of booking a venue which may have a cost? And saves individuals' time. What's not to like?

Most will have the capability. Some will have the technical competence.

Wouldn't fancy being a chairman of an online meeting of upwards of 40 people and that allows only 1 per team!
But it is the way forward in many respects and the facilities have been available for many years.

Suddenly organisations and especially businesses have woken up. Needs must, as they say.

I don’t think office space is going to be much of a problem in the coming years and those business expense accounts are going to be greatly reduced. Every cloud.

1 hour ago, baldy said:

Most will have the capability. Some will have the technical competence.

Wouldn't fancy being a chairman of an online meeting of upwards of 40 people and that allows only 1 per team!
But it is the way forward in many respects and the facilities have been available for many years.

Suddenly organisations and especially businesses have woken up. Needs must, as they say.

I don’t think office space is going to be much of a problem in the coming years and those business expense accounts are going to be greatly reduced. Every cloud.

Some good points Baldy. Zoom meetings allow certain settings though. Such as the meeting chairman can "force mute" every occupant. This would allow any statements to be made without interruption. If required, you can also unmute one at a time to get responses or feedback.There are also chat room settings built in to allow the responses to be made, still reducing noise interruptions. I've used the same settings for a weekend boozy quiz and it works quite smoothly! 😭

On 25/04/2020 at 09:17, GSM United said:

Perhaps a zoom SGM meeting with the CCFA involved in it too?

So why dont we as a league have an AGM via zoom? 1 rep per club so it doesn't get confusing 

The AGMs need to be held so that all leagues and clubs know at what level they are playing at next season. Even if it is months away, the notice period to restart may well be short. In this particular situation, the relationship between EC & Duchy needs sorting.

I agree it would be good for all leagues to know. The St Piran’s League, Combo and Trelawny clubs would also benefit from knowing this. Is there anything planned in terms of league AGMs?