Cornwall Football Forum

I've heard that Windmill FC have applied to transfer from the P&WD, but with 18 teams already currently in the league (which is arguably too big) and no suggestion of any withdrawals, I really can't see that being entertained at all. I would have thought that if there were any withdrawals, the league would take the opportunity to reduce the numbers to 16 max.

At Torpoint Thirds, we're already planning for the new campaign. The lads are competing against each other Strava for their quickest 5km. We're confident we will retain the entire squad from 2019/20 and will look to strengthen with one or two additions in the right areas. Can't wait!!!

Actually,Shouter, it's 17 (Godolphin withdrew).however my understanding is that  3/4 Duchy Clubs have expressed a wish to join. On the other hand 1/2 current

EC Clubs have reached a conclusion that Senior football was a step too far.I fully agree 18 would be too many(16 seems right),IF/WHEN there a resumption !

Shouter,what can you tell us about Windmill FC ?

Sorry Adlestrop, I completely forgot about Godolphin's withdrawal. We never played them.

Which ECPL clubs do you think have concluded that senior football was a step too far? St Blazey struggled, but they have the belief that they should do better. St Teath too, but they had a very young side and one would think they can only improve. Newquay struggled too, but you'd think a Reserve side would want to retain senior status. North Petherwin struggled in their last few games, so I guess they may be a risk in terms of withdrawal. That said, with the season not actually finishing, many clubs will feel as if it's unfinished business. Personally, I don't see anything changing in terms of the constitution.

As for Windmill FC - I don't know that much to be honest as I'm not a regular watcher of the P&WDL. Decent side on paper, but many of these players are there because of their unwillingness to travel, so it does beg the question as to whether they would have the same squad should they end up in East Cornwall. They don't have a "home" as such and would imagine they would apply to play home fixtures at Millbay Park which was always decent... but not so these days. I'm not sure facilities would meet criteria. Remains to be seen of course.

Like I said, I don't see them getting in anyway by virtue of the current constitution being unchanged. 16 is a good number should anyone drop out.

Maybe Newquay might want to transfer back to the combo if the chance arose?

It's not as strong now that 3/4 of the old league have moved on to the st pirans, and have a good chance of finishing in the top 4 rather than their old position of bottom 4. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Maybe Newquay might want to transfer back to the combo if the chance arose?

It's not as strong now that 3/4 of the old league have moved on to the st pirans, and have a good chance of finishing in the top 4 rather than their old position of bottom 4. 

I thought there manager was from Plymouth way? Can’t see them wanting to do that this year if so. 

Hi all, we don't really comment much on here. As a new club competing in the ECPL for the first time, we want to express our thanks to the league committee and this years clubs. The workload that goes into running a league, especially with the bad weather that is starting to turn up every season now!

As a club we were never that keen on 18 teams in the league, due to the amount of fixtures, plus as mentioned we have a few months were games get cancelled week in week out, causing a back log! Pitches don't have the recovery time, meaning more work for club volunteers etc. We would welcome a league of 14/16 teams if it was on the cards? It would more than likely bring less stress to the fixtures and club secretary's, would help player availability too, as theres been a a few clubs that struggled this season, we being one of them. If you ae concerned about a lack of league fixtures, bring in a champions league style cup like the Duchy have, or another format?

Stay safe everyone and see you at the other side 

14 or 16 teams seems to be the sensible preference bearing in mind so few of the member teams having floodlights now.

With the two division St Piran League now established I doubt that anyone would be surprised if the ECPL & Combo were to lose  their Senior Cup entry status in the near future.

The inclusion of Devon based teams always splits opinion but clearly it interferes with the aim of a Cornish based pyramid system.

Does anyone know who is driving things forward for the league now?

Its very hard for the clubs to have a good discussion with face to face meetings being unlikely for a while.

Hopefully things will all work out but it is good to hear some opinions etc.

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:.

With the two division St Piran League now established I doubt that anyone would be surprised if the ECPL & Combo were to lose  their Senior Cup entry status in the near future.

Pretty sure that’s what the FA have arranged looking at past emails to theClubs.....Senior Cup to just be St Pirans and Peninsular primarily as a midweek evening tournament, Junior Cup for Duchy/Trelawney and a new  Intermediate County Cup for ECPL and Combo......Good idea tbh

3 hours ago, countyman said:

Pretty sure that’s what the FA have arranged looking at past emails to theClubs.....Senior Cup to just be St Pirans and Peninsular primarily as a midweek evening tournament, Junior Cup for Duchy/Trelawney and a new  Intermediate County Cup for ECPL and Combo......Good idea tbh

Didn't the County FA send out a questionnaire to all clubs to investigate which is the favoured option? Has there been any further communication yet?

5 hours ago, GSM United said:

Hi all, we don't really comment much on here. As a new club competing in the ECPL for the first time, we want to express our thanks to the league committee and this years clubs. The workload that goes into running a league, especially with the bad weather that is starting to turn up every season now!

As a club we were never that keen on 18 teams in the league, due to the amount of fixtures, plus as mentioned we have a few months were games get cancelled week in week out, causing a back log! Pitches don't have the recovery time, meaning more work for club volunteers etc. We would welcome a league of 14/16 teams if it was on the cards? It would more than likely bring less stress to the fixtures and club secretary's, would help player availability too, as theres been a a few clubs that struggled this season, we being one of them. If you ae concerned about a lack of league fixtures, bring in a champions league style cup like the Duchy have, or another format?

Stay safe everyone and see you at the other side 

That cup format turned into a nightmare for Duchy with the awful winter we had, let’s not go down that route.

40 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Didn't the County FA send out a questionnaire to all clubs to investigate which is the favoured option? Has there been any further communication yet?

I’d personally be very disappointed if we lose senior status, didn’t think Senior Cup format this season caused any problems? Wasn’t the cup that caused fixture backlog was it?

5 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

14 or 16 teams seems to be the sensible preference bearing in mind so few of the member teams having floodlights now.

The inclusion of Devon based teams always splits opinion but clearly it interferes with the aim of a Cornish based pyramid system.

Does anyone know who is driving things forward for the league now?

Its very hard for the clubs to have a good discussion with face to face meetings being unlikely for a while.

Hopefully things will all work out but it is good to hear some opinions etc.

Think this needs a discussion with East Cornwall committee Paul, not asking people to guess. I’m sure making contact with Mike Murray would help.

15 hours ago, claret&blue said:

May depend on how many evening fixtures they would get in the Combo so that they can play a stronger side !

Always nice to be able to play evenings due to so many having work commitments on a Saturday!

Newquay Reserves will be playing in the league next season whenever that may be, 

I can not comment on the Combo league before as this season being my first taste of Cornish Football. 

I think I read somewhere a couple of the Devon Teams were being moved across such as Mount Gould and Marjon but could have just been a rumour someone started and apologies if so.

I personally loved last season and to see so many teams playing young and coming talent of 17/18 year olds, 

1 hour ago, JonColenzo said:

Think this needs a discussion with East Cornwall committee Paul, not asking people to guess. I’m sure making contact with Mike Murray would help.

Just interested in any news/plans/ ideas/opinions etc from  clubs and players about the season ahead Jon, typical forum fare I would have thought. 

Try asking St Cleer that the ECPL should lose its senior status. They beat three teams above them in the pyramid. Talking about reducing the league to 16 teams could be a good idea but unfortunately we will have to wait until the summer before we find out who is actually staying in the league. Don't forget there will be no promotion and relegation yet there are a number of teams wishing to join the league. On the point of promotion the St Piran League looks as if they will never have anyone promoted as the top teams are reserve teams which defeats the object of forming the league in the first place. Will a team in that league want to drop down. Who knows - indeed if no team can be promoted then teams in the SWPL may never be relegated especially in the Eastern Division. Ten of the 16 teams being reserve teams although it is much different in the Western Division as only four of the 14 teams being reserve teams.

By and large the ECPL has had an excellent season bar a couple of teams but this is no different to the St Piran league where the bottom clubs struggled but on the whole the standard has been fairly decent with many teams bringing on youngsters.

Again the rumour of combining the ECPL with the Duchy is just that a rumour. Indeed I don't think anything has actually been discussed or even muted at the CCFA recently. But at the end of the day it would be up to the leagues and the teams to discuss. This would again be difficult as nobody has the foggiest idea when the season is due to start or what their constitution will be. We are only a couple of months away from leagues having their AGM's. Can we honestly put hands on hearts and say that the season will resume in August, that is about four months away. And this is for all leagues.

What about league cup competitions. Mount Gould and St Dominick were due to meet in the ECPL final while in the St Piran League they had reached the semi final stage. Will the leagues want to start the season with these competitions, if so what about players who may now choose to play for other teams and then find they cannot provide a team to play within league rules.

The FA have proved themselves to be not fit for purpose as while they haggle over whether players should risk their lives at the highest level because of money while the grass roots game looks as if it is being left in limbo.

What the break has done is focus the minds on where football at this level is going or indeed wants to go. Who knows how many clubs will find that it is impossible to continue. What is clear is that we all want to get back to playing and watching ASAP but the health and welfare of everyone is paramount.

12 hours ago, ECPL said:

Try asking St Cleer that the ECPL should lose its senior status. They beat three teams above them in the pyramid. Talking about reducing the league to 16 teams could be a good idea but unfortunately we will have to wait until the summer before we find out who is actually staying in the league. Don't forget there will be no promotion and relegation yet there are a number of teams wishing to join the league. On the point of promotion the St Piran League looks as if they will never have anyone promoted as the top teams are reserve teams which defeats the object of forming the league in the first place. Will a team in that league want to drop down. Who knows - indeed if no team can be promoted then teams in the SWPL may never be relegated especially in the Eastern Division. Ten of the 16 teams being reserve teams although it is much different in the Western Division as only four of the 14 teams being reserve teams.

By and large the ECPL has had an excellent season bar a couple of teams but this is no different to the St Piran league where the bottom clubs struggled but on the whole the standard has been fairly decent with many teams bringing on youngsters.

Again the rumour of combining the ECPL with the Duchy is just that a rumour. Indeed I don't think anything has actually been discussed or even muted at the CCFA recently. But at the end of the day it would be up to the leagues and the teams to discuss. This would again be difficult as nobody has the foggiest idea when the season is due to start or what their constitution will be. We are only a couple of months away from leagues having their AGM's. Can we honestly put hands on hearts and say that the season will resume in August, that is about four months away. And this is for all leagues.

What about league cup competitions. Mount Gould and St Dominick were due to meet in the ECPL final while in the St Piran League they had reached the semi final stage. Will the leagues want to start the season with these competitions, if so what about players who may now choose to play for other teams and then find they cannot provide a team to play within league rules.

The FA have proved themselves to be not fit for purpose as while they haggle over whether players should risk their lives at the highest level because of money while the grass roots game looks as if it is being left in limbo.

What the break has done is focus the minds on where football at this level is going or indeed wants to go. Who knows how many clubs will find that it is impossible to continue. What is clear is that we all want to get back to playing and watching ASAP but the health and welfare of everyone is paramount.

Well said I hope someone from the fa reads this it’s spot on! 

16 hours ago, ECPL said:

What about league cup competitions. Mount Gould and St Dominick were due to meet in the ECPL final while in the St Piran League they had reached the semi final stage. Will the leagues want to start the season with these competitions, if so what about players who may now choose to play for other teams and then find they cannot provide a team to play within 

Did you miss that all  league comps are expunged....? The only “open” comps remaining are the various County Cups....

I think everyone is getting a little ahead of themselves or possibly some wishful thinking but in reality we're probably gonna be looking more at the 2021/22 season before things resume as even after lock down is lifted the social distancing measures will be in place for the foreseeable future pretty much stopping any sports going ahead ,BRILLIANT!!!!!

This is all great debate. It only proves that we all want what's best for the league, and the clubs within it.

I believe the league competition (and the cup) has been completely expunged, so the Cup Final cannot be played, but I like the idea of the ECPL Cup Finalists meeting as a 2020/21 season opener!

Like I said before, I don't see many (if any) changes to the constitution for the new season, so will be looking at a 17-team league. Even if we get one drop out, there will be no capacity for additional teams - particularly as the 18-team league was voted in against the advice of CCFA, who will want a reduction. 

Clubs will no doubt be "planning" for 2020/21 as far as they can. We can only assume that amateur sport will resume in time for the start of August... if it doesn't then we could well be looking at a completely different setup for 2020/21 anyway. League fixtures only perhaps? No cups?

More importantly, I hope everyone is staying safe and well.

For DD.  The league has followed advice and the season is over.  The worrying part is if and when the new season starts.  Normally it is in Mid August but pre season friendly games start at the beginning of July.  We are talking something like 10 weeks. In the meantime when will pre season training be able to start. friendly games have to be arranged. When and how will clubs be able to sign players, when will the AGM take place.  It really is all up in the air.  Anyone out there with a crystal ball.  

The only good thing about this horrible pandemic is that grounds will have plenty of time to recover and be absolutely superb when the season eventually gets under way. 

On 25/04/2020 at 15:57, Paul Collings said:

Just interested in any news/plans/ ideas/opinions etc from  clubs and players about the season ahead Jon, typical forum fare I would have thought. 

Agree with JonC above about contacting ECPL themselves for official response. But in the mindset of open discussion and forum fare, personally I think the league should be cut down to 16 teams, as the CCFA desired beforehand last year. Main reason would be to ease the burden on the league fixtures secretary with Cornish weather causing countless postponements over the last few winters. With the season finishing with 17 clubs, and maybe a loss of a club in tough times, it would be sensible to keep it at 16/17 for whenever local football resumes. If it were to drop to 15 or less, the league can either continue with that amount or communicate with the Duchy League and it's interested clubs about new entrants.

On 24/04/2020 at 11:44, Adlestrop said:

Actually,Shouter, it's 17 (Godolphin withdrew).however my understanding is that  3/4 Duchy Clubs have expressed a wish to join. On the other hand 1/2 current

EC Clubs have reached a conclusion that Senior football was a step too far.I fully agree 18 would be too many(16 seems right),IF/WHEN there a resumption !

Shouter,what can you tell us about Windmill FC ?

Adlestrop would you mind divulging who you believe are the clubs from Duchy wishing to progress and the ECPL clubs coming to a conclusion?

F.T 3 , as the above is mere hearsay,I don't think it would be prudent to  put this on a Public Forum.Rumour is on e thing but fact another! This would be grossly

unfair on both the clubs and the Duchy League.However,I will gladly PM you on these rumours if you wish.

Perhaps Paul Collings(an excellent ambassador and spokesman for the League) could advise us if knows anything concrete:and also the prospect of CCFA's

wish to merger the 2 Leagues.  Paul?.

5 hours ago, Adlestrop said:

F.T 3 , as the above is mere hearsay,I don't think it would be prudent to  put this on a Public Forum.Rumour is on e thing but fact another! This would be grossly

unfair on both the clubs and the Duchy League.However,I will gladly PM you on these rumours if you wish.

Perhaps Paul Collings(an excellent ambassador and spokesman for the League) could advise us if knows anything concrete:and also the prospect of CCFA's

wish to merger the 2 Leagues.  Paul?.

In general I am not a fan of secrecy but would agree that in this instance it would be disrespectful to the clubs concerned to be naming any that may be considering dropping out of the ECPL. I do know that there are teams eyeing up their options.

I think it is widely known that clubs like St Newlyn East, Gunnislake, Altarnon & Stoke Climsland would be interested in moving up and in normal times would have been trying to earn that right.

I was a club official for many years and understand how hard it is to get the balance right – struggling in a higher league or division is not as good for club morale as winning in a lower league. Club officials should always do what is best for their club, but as a league official it is necessary to take a wider view.  I don’t personally think it is helpful for teams to be randomly shifting in and out of leagues, or up and down divisions when the long term aim is to establish a good pyramid system in the county.  

There is no automatic promotion/relegation between the two leagues at present and there is no automatic right for a team to drop down into a lower league out of choice. Eventually the member clubs of both leagues have to decide these matters although obviously both committees will make recommendations.

I was certainly not expecting to do any league business via the forum, like most people I am a little bored without my football and was fishing for information because I am interested to know what is going on. I am sure the Duchy Secretary and whoever is currently handling things for the ECPL will communicate soon to discuss the situation.

With regards to a merger of the two leagues, there is nothing to report at present. The creation of the St Piran League and circumstances since have not helped .

There are two distinct areas to consider. Both leagues have 50+ years of history that is hard to let go of, especially for us older members – this will be resolved with the passing of time and I suspect a season or two will do that.  On top of this, we have younger members currently undertaking roles  and doing a great job – why would we want to change that?

Then there are the more specific issues. I think the first step will be to get a good promotion/relegation agreement in place for a couple of seasons.  I think it will be necessary for the ECPL’s apparently flexible constitution to be ended and a single division with a set number be instated so that only 1 or 2 teams go up each season and 1 or 2 teams always come down. Then there is the issue of Devon based teams. The Duchy Lge has now reverted back to ‘Cornwall only’ membership (with exemption for current members) and so ideally the ECPL would have to do likewise.

Well said,Paul:I don't really know which has been the most detrimental to Cornish football-the lockdown or the St.Piran League ! I happen to believe that we

have seen the end of future Devon teams plying their trade in ECPL and Duchy.

Many thanks,Paul.

No secret at North Petherwin FC we were delighted to get to ecpl but alas it might've been a step too far. We had enough for 2 sides and very good players but for many and various reasons a few key players departed (the draw of other teams higher up and players rightly ambitious in the main) we were struggling. We are still in the position of having 2 teams but with maybe not the same potency.... early days to really tell,  but we are weighing up options and sounded out ideas of how next season might look,  and asked for feasable alternatives/ available option for our committee to decide upon at a virtual agm

2 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

No secret at North Petherwin FC we were delighted to get to ecpl but alas it might've been a step too far. We had enough for 2 sides and very good players but for many and various reasons a few key players departed (the draw of other teams higher up and players rightly ambitious in the main) we were struggling. We are still in the position of having 2 teams but with maybe not the same potency.... early days to really tell,  but we are weighing up options and sounded out ideas of how next season might look,  and asked for feasable alternatives/ available option for our committee to decide upon at a virtual agm

That said,  the club is in a healthy position in other ways with enthusiastic committee, work happening soon to improve facilities, pitch drainage, and increase the number of youth teams, so post covid brighter skies will hopefully clear thru 

It's a shame that North Peth have found themselves in this situation but it definitely looks like Mongoose, Wayne and Co are trying to do what's best for the club's future which can't be knocked. Certainly not the last team that will find themselves in this predicament. 

Very logical points made by both Paul Collings and Adlestrop. Hopefully the committees of both ECPL and Duchy find a best case scenario to progress and move forward to keep local football alive. When better to do it than during a break in play, with no on field distractions?!

It would be a shame if North Petherwin dropped out. We've had some battles and their ground isn't particularly enjoyable to go to, but they seem a well run club with ambition to keep moving in the right direction, so I for one would not be happy in seeing them take a backward step. Good luck to them.

If they are the only team to drop out - and it seems that decision has not yet been made by the way - then keeping the league at 16 is a no-brainer. Any further withdrawals will open an opportunity for applications but I think Duchy League clubs should be given priority over more Plymouth/Devon sides. As a Plymothian who was involved with Tamarside's inaugural transfer to Cornwall, that may seem an odd thing to say, but it should not be ignored that these are essentially Cornish leagues, governed by CCFA, and should only be opened up to Devon clubs in the event of a shortage, or expansion.

Talk of an ECPL and Duchy merger seems sensible - even if only to share administration and committee members. There is a distinct shortage of volunteers to take up these position so a pooling of resources seems a good way to go. The East Cornwall Duchy League has a ring! Has anyone considered a merger with the P&WDCL? A bit out there I know, but if more Plymouth sides are actually that keen on playing in East Cornwall, why not look to merge with a league that has been declining rapidly in numbers and quality year on year. Just brain storming - not advocating. Clearly, facilities would be an issue as most clubs in Plymouth play on council pitches.

I hear Ruth Saunders has now taken on the ECPL Secretary role which is a great move. I also hear a couple of member club representatives have been approached to join the committee to further strengthen and hopefully bring the the league into the modern era! Full use of the FA WGS is a must next season which will eliminate the need for paper teamsheets, while player registrations, statistics, bookings and fixture scheduling would be made much easier. There's even talk of a Twitter account!!!

All the debate and conjecture is great, but let's face it, we're not even sure when we are likely to be able to start playing again. Like someone said, with social distancing lasting for some period, we're not even sure if we will be allowed to train any time soon, let alone play friendlies. The more I think about it, the more this is looking like an August pre-season and a start in September, at the absolute earliest. Any later, and you have to wonder how any type of meaningful season will ever happen. I don't see cup competitions being played next season if I'm honest as there will be a limited time-frame for league fixtures alone. But... we live in hope!

Slowly forgetting what it feels like to kick a football...

19 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

...Then there is the issue of Devon based teams. The Duchy Lge has now reverted back to ‘Cornwall only’ membership (with exemption for current members) and so ideally the ECPL would have to do likewise...

Just out of interest Paul, what Devon-based clubs have played in the Duchy League? Genuine question.

22 minutes ago, Shouter said:

It would be a shame if North Petherwin dropped out. We've had some battles and their ground isn't particularly enjoyable to go to, but they seem a well run club with ambition to keep moving in the right direction, so I for one would not be happy in seeing them take a backward step. Good luck to them.

If they are the only team to drop out - and it seems that decision has not yet been made by the way - then keeping the league at 16 is a no-brainer. Any further withdrawals will open an opportunity for applications but I think Duchy League clubs should be given priority over more Plymouth/Devon sides. As a Plymothian who was involved with Tamarside's inaugural transfer to Cornwall, that may seem an odd thing to say, but it should not be ignored that these are essentially Cornish leagues, governed by CCFA, and should only be opened up to Devon clubs in the event of a shortage, or expansion.

Talk of an ECPL and Duchy merger seems sensible - even if only to share administration and committee members. There is a distinct shortage of volunteers to take up these position so a pooling of resources seems a good way to go. The East Cornwall Duchy League has a ring! Has anyone considered a merger with the P&WDCL? A bit out there I know, but if more Plymouth sides are actually that keen on playing in East Cornwall, why not look to merge with a league that has been declining rapidly in numbers and quality year on year. Just brain storming - not advocating. Clearly, facilities would be an issue as most clubs in Plymouth play on council pitches.

I hear Ruth Saunders has now taken on the ECPL Secretary role which is a great move. I also hear a couple of member club representatives have been approached to join the committee to further strengthen and hopefully bring the the league into the modern era! Full use of the FA WGS is a must next season which will eliminate the need for paper teamsheets, while player registrations, statistics, bookings and fixture scheduling would be made much easier. There's even talk of a Twitter account!!!

All the debate and conjecture is great, but let's face it, we're not even sure when we are likely to be able to start playing again. Like someone said, with social distancing lasting for some period, we're not even sure if we will be allowed to train any time soon, let alone play friendlies. The more I think about it, the more this is looking like an August pre-season and a start in September, at the absolute earliest. Any later, and you have to wonder how any type of meaningful season will ever happen. I don't see cup competitions being played next season if I'm honest as there will be a limited time-frame for league fixtures alone. But... we live in hope!

Just out of interest Paul, what Devon-based clubs have played in the Duchy League? Genuine question.

Lamerton, Mary Tavy Chillaton..... There must be more

19 hours ago, Shouter said:

Let’s keep fingers crossed that North Petherwin get themselves sorted.

with regards to season starting, with social distancing, I can’t see season starting before January. I’d like to think my centre halves will want to be closer to the opposition than 2 metres ! Don’t agree with zonal marking!

Now is the time, if there is going to be a merge with Duchy, to get it sorted. No fixtures, no sponsor chasing, no kit buying, let’s sort it out once and for all or stop bringing it up every season.

It does seem the best way forward is to combine the leagues with the name of ECDL (to keep the historic names of each league going),direct promotion & relegation each season,making it a cornwall based set up only (including any devon sides that are already registered),hopefully all officials stay involved which again will give the set up more persons to share the work load.Lots of issues to sort i"m sure but nothing that can"t be overcome & make the whole thing better,stronger & hopefully improve the standard as well which has dipped a fair amount in the last 5 years plus .Only time will tell i suppose .

On 06/05/2020 at 21:34, Foul Throw 3 said:

It’s 2020 that’s what emails, group chats, phone calls and even Zoom meetings can conquer! 

I do think this is how we should be approaching many meetings going forward. Reduction on travel should only help with attendance. At the St Piran SGM this year many Clubs did not attend for whatever reason, the information delivered could've easily been met via Zoom (or another acceptable media platform). There's many things we can learn from this pandemic in future. I know this is something we, as a Club, will be looking at internally for our committee.

1 hour ago, L.Gibbons said:

I do think this is how we should be approaching many meetings going forward. Reduction on travel should only help with attendance. At the St Piran SGM this year many Clubs did not attend for whatever reason, the information delivered could've easily been met via Zoom (or another acceptable media platform). There's many things we can learn from this pandemic in future. I know this is something we, as a Club, will be looking at internally for our committee.

I agree. Maximises attendance. Saves money on fuel. Saves the planet from pollution. Reduction of booking a venue which may have a cost? And saves individuals' time. What's not to like?

Most will have the capability. Some will have the technical competence.

Wouldn't fancy being a chairman of an online meeting of upwards of 40 people and that allows only 1 per team!
But it is the way forward in many respects and the facilities have been available for many years.

Suddenly organisations and especially businesses have woken up. Needs must, as they say.

I don’t think office space is going to be much of a problem in the coming years and those business expense accounts are going to be greatly reduced. Every cloud.

1 hour ago, baldy said:

Most will have the capability. Some will have the technical competence.

Wouldn't fancy being a chairman of an online meeting of upwards of 40 people and that allows only 1 per team!
But it is the way forward in many respects and the facilities have been available for many years.

Suddenly organisations and especially businesses have woken up. Needs must, as they say.

I don’t think office space is going to be much of a problem in the coming years and those business expense accounts are going to be greatly reduced. Every cloud.

Some good points Baldy. Zoom meetings allow certain settings though. Such as the meeting chairman can "force mute" every occupant. This would allow any statements to be made without interruption. If required, you can also unmute one at a time to get responses or feedback.There are also chat room settings built in to allow the responses to be made, still reducing noise interruptions. I've used the same settings for a weekend boozy quiz and it works quite smoothly! 😭