Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Committee

Any from the Trelawny League Committee like to give a reason why the league fb page has been taken down 

Dave Bartlam has spent a lot of time getting the league in line with 21st century and as soon as he steps down all his hard work has just been thrown out the window 

I know its not an easy job but all i can see at the moment is major steps backwards rather than forwards 

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

That's a shame! Be interested to hear why it's no longer available. However, can't see why the league would remove it just because one member of the committee has stood down!

They don't agree with social media, certain people don't anyway. I've stepped down, they don't like Facebook and so as soon as they had control, they deactivated it. 

Worst thing is, one of the committee members have  blamed me for deactivating it 🙄 

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

That's a shame! Be interested to hear why it's no longer available. However, can't see why the league would remove it just because one member of the committee has stood down!

Without sounding too rude but a lot of the committee are stuck in the stone age and dont like using modern technology even if it makes there life easier

If I'd have deactivated it, it would still be showing in My Pages and would show as being in deactivation mode. These are the pages I run, Trelawny League one isn't on there.

I spent alot of time and effort getting that page to a few thousand followers and I held onto it until the League Secretary accepted the administration request, I then left it (as it wouldn't deactivate).

Disappointing really.

Screenshot_20200417-193725_Facebook.jpg

17 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

They don't agree with social media, certain people don't anyway. I've stepped down, they don't like Facebook and so as soon as they had control, they deactivated it. 

Worst thing is, one of the committee members have  blamed me for deactivating it 🙄 

Crazy! 

6 hours ago, baldy said:

I would aim a bit higher DB. With your youthful energy and common sense, you could go a long way (if you so desired).

I've been offered to sit on a few higher placed leagues however (one of them in particular) is really well run and doesn't need the sort of influence that I'd like to put on it. Take St Piran for example with the likes of Steve C on it, there's no need for someone like me. The Trelawny League was where I wanted to be - helping out the smaller clubs who sometimes need someone friendly and knowledgeable to turn to. That's where I enjoyed being and that's where I wanted my focus and influence to be received. I never had any issues with the club's which is what makes my departure so regretful - however, when relationships become untenable, something has to give and unfortunately, that was me.

There's been a couple of other opportunities that have been passed by me however, with a full time career in the military which gives me a bit of instability at home, it's hard to commit to anything which would require alot more of a  hands-on approach