Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer Gossip

9 hours ago, le boss said:

One to Sticker for game time and to do some coaching with his father, another moving away for the RAF and a third concentrating on his Argyle coaching. 

You forgot the other one that's gone to Hayle in the st piran league for game time .

9 minutes ago, mattelot said:

You forgot the other one that's gone to Hayle in the st piran league for game time .

The lad was playing for Penzance for the last half of the season anyway so I'm not even sure how it's been considered that he's left Helston. 

6 minutes ago, GKBH said:

The lad was playing for Penzance for the last half of the season anyway so I'm not even sure how it's been considered that he's left Helston. 

Fair play to anyone wanting to move on .Nobody wants to be a bench warmer. Although I'm sure there are a few that are on big bucks in the league ,that would be happy to do so .

17 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Bideford have announced two new signings - Jack Calver & Teigan Rosenquest

Decent signings for Bideford. Sean Joyce deserves huge praise for keeping Bideford competive in the Southern League, especially given their location, crowds and budget relative to other teams in that division.

2 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Decent signings for Bideford. Sean Joyce deserves huge praise for keeping Bideford competive in the Southern League, especially given their location, crowds and budget relative to other teams in that division.

Why did parkway get rid of calver ? Wasn’t he the future of the club. ? 

23 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Why did parkway get rid of calver ? Wasn’t he the future of the club. ? 

No idea if he left or was released. If his departure was because he wanted to test himself at a higher level, then more power to him. Doubt Sean Joyce has a huge budget to chuck around as he regular has players picked off by big spending clubs ( including several to Helston).Calver leaving for Bideford, and also Aaron Bentley going to Taunton (also assuming he left and wasn't released) shows why Parkway need to get promoted. 

Personally, I would have been disappointed if he had dropped back down to the Peninsula League.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

No idea if he left or was released. If his departure was because he wanted to test himself at a higher level, then more power to him. Doubt Sean Joyce has a huge budget to chuck around as he regular has players picked off by big spending clubs ( including several to Helston).Calver leaving for Bideford, and also Aaron Bentley going to Taunton (also assuming he left and wasn't released) shows why Parkway need to get promoted. 

Personally, I would have been disappointed if he had dropped back down to the Peninsula League.

Will be really interesting to see how parkway keep these players happy. That must be 5 Center backs now and every one of them will expect to play  . Also the players you signed are all lot older I expect just get you over the line for promotion losing young players is mistake in my eyes. 

2 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

I see st austell have lost another player Martin Giles moving on in the st austell voice but doesn’t say where? 

Hope it's not to St Blazey. Don't need another player with a poor disciplinary record.

12 minutes ago, Footballlover442 said:

Blazey sign jake Miller after leaving st austell 

Good piece of business for blazey

They really are spending the cash this year 

Wow. Was very impressed with him last season. An excellent signing for Blazey.

2 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

Blazey sign jake Miller after leaving st austell 

Good piece of business for blazey

They really are spending the cash this year 

Don't forget they were paying Levi £180 a game last season on his rehabilitation process. Funds from the club & supporters private sponsorship. 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Don't forget they were paying Levi £180 a game last season on his rehabilitation process. Funds from the club & supporters private sponsorship. 

I would LOVE to know where you get this information from, Leeds. Utter nonsense. Let’s say I definitely know a lot more than you do and can assure you it was 100% not £180 a game. Let’s leave it at that.  

9 hours ago, TopBloke said:

I would LOVE to know where you get this information from, Leeds. Utter nonsense. Let’s say I definitely know a lot more than you do and can assure you it was 100% not £180 a game. Let’s leave it at that.  

No one should be getting £180 a game  true or not in that league sorry.  No matter who u are.  

20 hours ago, baldy said:

Wow. Was very impressed with him last season. An excellent signing for Blazey.

Got to be honest, I watched St Austell a fair bit and, in my humble opinion, he was a weak link in their midfield.  Very gifted player but spent too much time complaining at others and doing little - the lad Dingle did all the work. All about opinions and if St Blazey can get 90 minutes from him, he/they will do well. 

17 hours ago, TopBloke said:

Ok. I can't & won't tell you who my sources are from ... However ... Why do you think a striker of this quality would choose to play for St.Blazey who in recent years have struggled ( in comparison to their standards over the last 25 years ) also why would he travel all the way down to Mousehole  ( representing Blazey ) for a game of football, when realistically he could of got a game at Saltash, Buckland, Bodmin, Tavistock, possibly Parkway .. ?? Do you think it's because he likes a car trip on the weekends .. ? 

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Ok. I can't & won't tell you who my sources are from ... However ... Why do you think a striker of this quality would choose to play for St.Blazey who in recent years have struggled ( in comparison to their standards over the last 25 years ) also why would he travel all the way down to Mousehole  ( representing Blazey ) for a game of football, when realistically he could of got a game at Saltash, Buckland, Bodmin, Tavistock, possibly Parkway .. ?? Do you think it's because he likes a car trip on the weekends .. ? 

I would imagine this is possible if he is mates with any of the managers ?

25 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

I would imagine this is possible if he is mates with any of the managers ?

To travel from mid Devon to Mousehole for a game of football, when he could get a game at probably 20 other better sides closer to home .... Yeah ok ! Forget the £180 then! 🤣 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

To travel from mid Devon to Mousehole for a game of football, when he could get a game at probably 20 other better sides closer to home .... Yeah ok ! Forget the £180 then! 🤣 

Firstly how is Plymouth Mid Devon? He signed for st Blazey firstly to get fit after a long lay off through injury and that’s it ! Recieved no more than any other player In match fees

silly comments again Leeds and don’t blame someone else for them !!! We all know what you’re like !! Lol

but.... we would be  lost without you Matey ! 
king of banter !!

7 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Firstly how is Plymouth Mid Devon? He signed for st Blazey firstly to get fit after a long lay off through injury and that’s it ! Recieved no more than any other player In match fees

silly comments again Leeds and don’t blame someone else for them !!! We all know what you’re like !! Lol

but.... we would be  lost without you Matey ! 
king of banter !!

Truth can sometimes hit a nerve ... 🙄

On 12/04/2020 at 09:39, Shaun Harrogate said:

Anyone got any early transfer gossip? 

Saltash - Dane Bunney working hard behind the scenes and signing a couple of players from Parkway/Torpoint. Lewis Young to sign and replace Richards goals!

Blazey to sign some quality and really make a push this season, I expect Levi to sign on and stay with them this year.

First manager to be sacked !he’s terrible manager knows **** all about football . only successful because of Matt . Now he’s left can see saltash sliding considerably .. players will leave 

29 minutes ago, Dewnens Henhwedhel said:

Latest transfers on the SWPL page today indicate that everyone over 5 foot and can kick a ball 10 yards has signed for Torrington - some interesting names, some of whom have been regulars for Bideford & Barnstaple in the Southern League. 

What’s going on 24 players listed going from Holsworthy to Torrington, ?

• 3 weeks later...

Levi Landricombe signed for Tiverton i saw him a few times playing for St Blazey at 1st he looked overweight and slow but near near the end of his time there he was looking back to his old self and scoring goals , What a forward line Tivvy will have with ex Argyle payer Alex Fletcher also going there i always thought he was a good player and would get in the Plymouth Argyle 1st team but i must be wrong

11 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Levi Landricombe signed for Tiverton i saw him a few times playing for St Blazey at 1st he looked overweight and slow but near near the end of his time there he was looking back to his old self and scoring goals , What a forward line Tivvy will have with ex Argyle payer Alex Fletcher also going there i always thought he was a good player and would get in the Plymouth Argyle 1st team but i must be wrong

Add the returning Jared Lewington (released by Torquay) and an exciting young player in Jordan Bastin, and they have plenty of forward options. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2020 at 22:40, TopBloke said:

I would disregard 90 per cent of what Leeds says, it is usually utter drivel 

On 03/06/2020 at 18:04, Shaun Harrogate said:

Bumped Into Ed Timmons at the beach the other day, he says a few players unhappy with the amount of signings going on, hes off to Bodmin and taking Slateford with him. 

Do you report for The Sun ? 😀

Just watched video of Helston's first full training session. Looks like they have plenty of players, and although I do not personally know any of them, from having watched Piran Film highlight videos from last season, thought I saw Timmons and Slateford with the group. As a squad they all looked like they were all having a good time.

Looking forward to returning to England and picturesque Cornwall one day soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ed Timmons or Neil Slateford will not be leaving Helston why would they they are in a well run club with a good chance of going up this year why go back to Bodmin again .I was wandering if Glynn Hobbs has signed for anyone this year i think hes  a hell of a good player with a football brain i wont forget the goal he scored vs Newquay straight from the halfway line from Kick off think it was timed at 12 seconds ,but i think Alex Cole has got the quickest goal scored not sure if it was for the G or Newquay cant remember had a bit on my mind in lastfew years like trying to stay a live and dealing with death its not much fun really rather be standing in the rain and the cold watching footy

On 13/08/2020 at 14:09, 100%cornish said:

Ed Timmons or Neil Slateford will not be leaving Helston why would they they are in a well run club with a good chance of going up this year why go back to Bodmin again .I was wandering if Glynn Hobbs has signed for anyone this year i think hes  a hell of a good player with a football brain i wont forget the goal he scored vs Newquay straight from the halfway line from Kick off think it was timed at 12 seconds ,but i think Alex Cole has got the quickest goal scored not sure if it was for the G or Newquay cant remember had a bit on my mind in lastfew years like trying to stay a live and dealing with death its not much fun really rather be standing in the rain and the cold watching footy

I'm afraid that's incorrect,  they both agreed to sign yesterday, great double signing for Gilby.  

Is Justin Miles still at Newquay?

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

That's Martin Watts, Neok Slateford and Ed Timmons within 24 hours for Bodmin. 

Darren Gilbert means business this season.

Good move if they have have the ambition to progress, all for Cornish clubs pushing on.I just hope when it comes down to the nitty gritty of promotion that we don't get some feeble excuse as to why they are unable to take it. Got my doubts to be honest

28 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I talk to Neil Slateford on Facebook and he says hes staying at Helston dont know about Timmons he could be going with Martin Watts  signed now think only player  left from the original brilliant team they had at St Austell is Jason Peters could be a long season for them .

Peters or Chapman?