Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

Anyone got any early transfer gossip? 

Saltash - Dane Bunney working hard behind the scenes and signing a couple of players from Parkway/Torpoint. Lewis Young to sign and replace Richards goals!

Blazey to sign some quality and really make a push this season, I expect Levi to sign on and stay with them this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 19/20 season now annulled, how do the player registrations now work? Have clubs had to submit a retained list, and do those not on it become free agents? Guessing that seven day notices of approach also no longer apply.

Would be surprised if many clubs are currently thinking about recruiting.Doubt if many have any idea how budgets are going to pan out because of no idea of revenue from gates, sponsorship and other commercial activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought it would have been better to finish this season regardless of how long it takes and if necessary cancel next season as all teams are on a level footing once this season is over. If there is some spare time in between we could have a one off competition to keep players fit and revenue coming in and then carry on as normal from August 2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spot on Hoppit - no one knows when football will start again - the later it is, say October, it would have been easy to complete the leagues then  add on some internal competition for the clubs. So the season 20/21 would not exhist at all . you cannot start a new season in the autumn - Typical Fa, no idea, unable to think outside the box, didnt ask clubs only leagues, the main thing is lets get this all over, stay in and help all. Lots of wonderful people out there doing fabulous work. :clapper:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well someone had to make the decision and IMO it was the right one.

Just wait till the higher leagues are cancelled as well!

UEFA & FIFA are slowly seeing the light.

The Dutch (I think it was) have already stated that the conclusion or not of their domestic season is a decision their FA will take. They will not be dictated to on domestic matters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Was the correct decision. Null & void, all results explunged . Well done the FA. More to life than Cornish football. A great shame for the ones who missed out ... But I suppose that's life. Most important thing is everyone's safety. 😉😃

Surely by finishing  this season would give more time to make sure the virus has gone. If next season doesn't start on time we could be seeing  all sorts of problems at the end,it's bad enough when we have a few weeks rain. If the season doesn't exist that problem is gone and the remainder of this season could be easily completed even if it didn't start until after Christmas, which would have no affect  on the casualties of this evil virus.Better for everyone in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Harry sawyers said:

I heard that Callum Mcghee Is becoming the new manager at Lanreath massive loss for St Blazey  

Bit young to go into a management role I would have thought, can be only early/mid twenties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12 April 2020 at 11:54, Way Of The Park said:

With the 19/20 season now annulled, how do the player registrations now work? Have clubs had to submit a retained list, and do those not on it become free agents? Guessing that seven day notices of approach also no longer apply.

Would be surprised if many clubs are currently thinking about recruiting.Doubt if many have any idea how budgets are going to pan out because of no idea of revenue from gates, sponsorship and other commercial activities.

I agree. Before football starts again clubs will off-load average players they have and replace them with other average players! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helston are going after some St Austell boys to strengthen their team again - all three good enough to go straight into the starting x1 so really looking to ensure they win the league.

Calver, Tinsley & Dingle heading to Kellaway Parc to link with with Mass!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Helston are going after some St Austell boys to strengthen their team again - all three good enough to go straight into the starting x1 so really looking to ensure they win the league.

Calver, Tinsley & Dingle heading to Kellaway Parc to link with with Mass!!!!

Tinsley was at Parkway last season ... Must be a fantastic offer from Helston for him to drop a Division & leave  Parkway for Helston .

Maybe a family trip to flambards thrown in there as well?  Can't see Mass not winning it next season, other clubs be scratching around for Penny's, Helston could triple player's current packages. ( No qualms from me, the rest have to match them ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Tinsley was at Parkway last season ... Must be a fantastic offer from Helston for him to drop a Division & leave  Parkway for Helston .

Maybe a family trip to flambards thrown in there as well?  Can't see Mass not winning it next season, other clubs be scratching around for Penny's, Helston could triple player's current packages. ( No qualms from me, the rest have to match them ) 

£odmin can't anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SWL Veteran said:

Helston are going after some St Austell boys to strengthen their team again - all three good enough to go straight into the starting x1 so really looking to ensure they win the league.

Calver, Tinsley & Dingle heading to Kellaway Parc to link with with Mass!!!!

Will Tinsley returned to St Austell midway through last season. Would be surprised if Jack Calver left Parkway to drop back into SWPL, his dangerous free kicks and long range goals helped him become a fans favourite at Bolitho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2020 at 19:57, leedsunited said:

Tinsley was at Parkway last season ... Must be a fantastic offer from Helston for him to drop a Division & leave  Parkway for Helston .

Maybe a family trip to flambards thrown in there as well?  Can't see Mass not winning it next season, other clubs be scratching around for Penny's, Helston could triple player's current packages. ( No qualms from me, the rest have to match them ) 

no qualms, but dont really see the point if im honest. Could probably win the league (due to the standard) with the squad hes got, and could probably even drop a devon lad or two for a half decent couple of local lads and save some money. Spend the money when they are in the league above/beyond... would be an embarrassment if they dont win the league having spent god knows what to win it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Helston can afford to pay high match fees, good luck to them we have no problem with that at all.
Affordability is the key word, the ones that won't get our sympathy, are the clubs who spent every penny that came in the gate on average players, and are now crowdfunding  to try to cover their basic needs to be able to continue.
One thing for certain is that they won't be getting a single penny out of us!
We have been taken to task on occasions for suggesting that clubs were paying out money to players without any regard to putting a  bit of money aside for a rainy day and any unexpected expenditure that may occur.
Obviously the current situation was never envisaged, but it certainly proves a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calver ,Dingle and Tinsley are no better than the players already at Helston and Helston should have a fully fit Liam Eddy returning after being out all year and he will add at least another 20 goals .I cannot see those 3 players leaving Parkway they are lucky to be in a Parkway team they are good players but i dont think they are good enough for the Parkway team .Parkway muast have 3 really good replacements lined up if those 3 are going but i expect this is just rumours ets wait and see who goes where

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they where all at St Austell Rocky still dont think they are any better than what Helston have there already and they got the best young players around dont think any of that 3 will go to Helston just rumours i reckon but lets wait and see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who has watched the brilliant documentary series , Round Our Way- Plymouth Parkway 2019/20 on YouTube, will see how highly regarded Jack Calver is at Bolitho Park. He is actually referred to as "the future of the club", would expect they will do whatever it takes to keep hold of him. With Shane Krac now in his thirties, looks like he is seen as his long term replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2020 at 18:43, JonColenzo said:

Jack Calver is established in the Parkway team and has had a great season. Why would he go backwards to travel all the way down Helston?

 

On 18/05/2020 at 10:52, Way Of The Park said:

Anybody who has watched the brilliant documentary series , Round Our Way- Plymouth Parkway 2019/20 on YouTube, will see how highly regarded Jack Calver is at Bolitho Park. He is actually referred to as "the future of the club", would expect they will do whatever it takes to keep hold of him. With Shane Krac now in his thirties, looks like he is seen as his long term replacement.

Jack Calver has left Parkway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattelot said:

On the way to Helston ? 🤔

With the suggestion that Jordie Dingle and Will Tinsley heading west as well - how many teams are Helston planning to have in the SWPL? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 10:52, Way Of The Park said:

Anybody who has watched the brilliant documentary series , Round Our Way- Plymouth Parkway 2019/20 on YouTube, will see how highly regarded Jack Calver is at Bolitho Park. He is actually referred to as "the future of the club", would expect they will do whatever it takes to keep hold of him. With Shane Krac now in his thirties, looks like he is seen as his long term replacement.

This hasn't aged well. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

With the suggestion that Jordie Dingle and Will Tinsley heading west as well - how many teams are Helston planning to have in the SWPL? 😀

Steve is desperate Dave, he would sign up the whole league if he could, if it meant winning it. He is from a very wealthy family & money is no object, without naming names I know someone who signed their recently, asked for their initial 'match fee' to be raised by £30 a game, this was granted without any hesitation, money is no object. Good luck to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Steve is desperate Dave, he would sign up the whole league if he could, if it meant winning it. He is from a very wealthy family & money is no object, without naming names I know someone who signed their recently, asked for their initial 'match fee' to be raised by £30 a game, this was granted without any hesitation, money is no object. Good luck to them. 

I don't think anyone believes a word you say as you spout a load of nonsense as has been proven before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else finds the endless trailing of imminent signings by clubs, and the artificial suspense they try to generate,on their Twitter sites bloody annoying?

 St Blazey were the latest culprits yesterday, treating the signing of Steve Rogers as if it was the announcement of a a new Pope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Who else finds the endless trailing of imminent signings by clubs, and the artificial suspense they try to generate,on their Twitter sites bloody annoying?

 St Blazey were the latest culprits yesterday, treating the signing of Steve Rogers as if it was the announcement of a a new Pope.

Lol

65226.adapt.1900.1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Who else finds the endless trailing of imminent signings by clubs, and the artificial suspense they try to generate,on their Twitter sites bloody annoying?

 St Blazey were the latest culprits yesterday, treating the signing of Steve Rogers as if it was the announcement of a a new Pope.

Let people have a bit of fun. Just trying to stir some interest in a time when theres little to get excited about football wise. If clubs dont keep their supporters involved people moan and when they do others moan. As is always with social media, if you dont like it, scroll on. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange making a big fuss of announcing signings now on social media as we don’t know when the next season is going to start. August, October, January????
 

Players could end up signing for 3 or 4 different clubs before a ball is even kicked!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Strange making a big fuss of announcing signings now on social media as we don’t know when the next season is going to start. August, October, January????
 

Players could end up signing for 3 or 4 different clubs before a ball is even kicked!!!! 

No change there then. !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

Strange making a big fuss of announcing signings now on social media as we don’t know when the next season is going to start. August, October, January????
 

Players could end up signing for 3 or 4 different clubs before a ball is even kicked!!!! 

Irrespective of how long before the next season, we know from past experience it doesn't stop players moving around! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Going by the club’s Twitter advice this morning - it sounds as if they’re announcing the signings of Dingle and Tinsley sometime soon 👍

Dingle and Tinsley to St Blazey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...