Cornwall Football Forum

Alan Wallace

Ieuan Gregory

RIP Alan, a colleague from the Referee administration world several years ago now. A vastly experienced man with a wealth of knowledge, always helpful. Sadly another of the old school has said Goodbye. 

RIP Alan .A great help in helping me turn Hayle around .Went to Hayle when they had just been relegated to F/Helston 2,first meeting we went to found us back in div1🙏Great start Alan.Another memory of Alan was of him refereeing a friendly against a team who we were easily beating and he gave us a 3rd penalty.They threatened to walk off and I remember pleading with him to overturn his decision.He did,nt they walked off and we ended up in the bar after 15 minutes 🙈.Always spoke his mind and was not for turning and made me and doggies welcome wherever we went and he will be missed .

Remember when my son played in the youth team at Hayle, he was always around helping or hindering ( chatting).As others have said it was his way or the byways. Many a chat with him when he was referee fixture secretary for the west and another old school boy gone. Keep the game going wherever you go Alan. RIP

Sad to hear of Alan's passing 😟

As others have stated, he was rarely wrong, and often forthright with his views, but a great football man all the same.

The old school administrators seem to be on the end of a fair amount of flack at the moment, I prefer to be appreciative of all the efforts Alan and co put into local football.

RIP Alan