Cornwall Football Forum

I know the FA have said the Grassroots football is over but surely the CCFA and respective leagues (Duchy and Trelawny) could/should have issued a statement of clarification by now?
What’s happening to how the leagues are finishing? Void...points per game...current placing? There’s been talk on here but nothing official it seems from the respective local bodies. 
Are internal League Cups going to be finished? 
With only 4 games left can Junior Cup be completed? 
Just think there’s a lot of clarification needed locally... I totally acknowledge the bigger picture that football is secondary to bigger things happening right now. 

A statement was issued yesterday about the grass roots game and this stated that County FAs will be working with the leagues over the next few days on how to close out their leagues.  The same will apply to the county cups where discussions will also take place over the coming days.

There are many implications that flow from the halting of the season and these have to be carefully considered before any decisions are made.  There is no rush.  A bit of patience for the next couple of weeks or so is all that's required as things unfold.  Football is very secondary at this time.

I totally agree with what Steve has stated, what is the rush ?

Once the Cornwall FA has given us some official advice/guidance/instruction we can start to make some provisional plans but the 'lock down' could go on for months - nobody knows what is going to happen tomorrow even.

I can officially clarify that nothing is clear yet.

The FA via Cornwall FA has now issued some guidance on how to bring the season to a close. It comes in an extensive 'question & answer' document and explains the options open to the leagues, how these options are governed by League Rules and also expresses the FA's preferred options whilst pointing out that it is a matter for the Leagues to decide providing they keep within the  Rules.

The Duchy Management Committee members can now study these options and decide the best way forward.

21 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Just for clarity Paul - is there an option to still be able to play out the season, or is this guidance received from them solely on what you can do with the season now that it is already declared null and void?

I've only had a quick read through but it starts as follows:-

Q: What are the options available?

A: Having taken guidance we have concluded that there are two options to be considered:

1. Competitions are brought to an immediate end with results expunged (i.e. without promotion or relegation occurring).

2. League positions and promotions and relegation are resolved by a points per game calculation.

Q: What if Leagues want to use an alternative option? A: We are advising against any other options being used. Having considered alternatives, it is felt that these two options are the best for the circumstances we find ourselves in. Looking at a season extension was not deemed feasible as we have no date of when grassroots football can re-commence. We would ask that leagues seriously consider expunging results game. However, we strongly recommend balancing this with your ability to place teams into the right league based on their capability, especially when it comes to youth football.

So i take that to mean the season should not be played out but there was the option of completing cups at the beginning of next season but that doesn't seem very practical to me with player registrations complications.

Whilst no longer associated with the Trelawny League (as of tomorrow), I would personally like to see them apply the promotions and relegations scenario. There are a number of teams playing above/below their standard in certain divisions - i.e Newly Non-Athletico and Lanner in Trelawny Prem who I fear will fold if they are left in that division (based on results and number of players per game). 

There hasn't been a better time for a league re-structure however, I very much doubt that would happen. I would hope this season isn't just expunged and forgotten about 

16 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Whilst no longer associated with the Trelawny League (as of tomorrow)

Is this because you're involved with the new team down Madron way?

Another question re Duchy League - why is FC Tavyside still showing in the Division One table - have they not folded?

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Another question re Duchy League - why is FC Tavyside still showing in the Division One table - have they not folded?

Yes. gone. I don't know why they aren't removed yet but i don't think it is a simple key stroke - does it matter ? 

1 hour ago, Paul Collings said:

Yes. gone. I don't know why they aren't removed yet but i don't think it is a simple key stroke - does it matter ? 

You'll need to tick "hide from standings" against the team in Division setup in Full Time.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

No Dave, I'm afraid there are too many differences between myself and a few others on the League Committee - I got fed up with it in the end.

54 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

You'll need to tick "hide from standings" against the team in Division setup in Full Time.

No Dave, I'm afraid there are too many differences between myself and a few others on the League Committee - I got fed up with it in the end.

Why tomorrow particularly - April 1st! 😀🤭

On 31/03/2020 at 21:45, Dave Bartlam said:

Well, of course. Quite understandable after the Penzance v Frogpool farce. Sure hope that if the third tier is being determined on average points that Penzance games total includes the one they chickened out if against Frogpool. Ask any team in that league who deserved to win it. St Just only best Penzance THREE times. They met four Trelawny or Duchy Prem sides in cups, defeating three of them by four goals or more The difference is that St Just doesn't have Penzance's bent administrative connections. It's been the same for about fifty years.