Cornwall Football Forum

Daily Laugh

Billy Davies

Not a joke but it might amuse some of you .

Last year I went to Wembley with my grandson to see his team Liverpool play Manchester City in the Charity Shield . Our seats were right at the top of the stadium , but we had a good view . Before the kick off we were marvelling at the stadium  , it's size etc . I said to him " Great view of the pitch up here but we are a long way from the action , look at the players they're so small they look like midgets " He said " well they would do they're the team mascots . " 

Not a true story this one but tinged with sarcasm . I was watching the Aston Villa , Manchester City game while the mem sahib was hoovering . She knocked the television and Grealish and Sterling both went down appealing for a penalty .

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much a joke as a true* story.

Many years ago, Falmouth were due to play at home to Truro. The Truro players met at their clubhouse to prepare to travel over. Suddenly one of the players announced that he really didn't fancy bothering with the game, he just wasn't interested, Amazingly a number of players agreed and they decided to forfeit the game. One player wasn't happy with this, a new signing, Stewart Yetton, so he suggested that he go over and take on Falmouth on his own. The rest thought he was stupid, but eventually said, go for it if you want. So he did.

The rest of the players stayed in the club and watched Soccer Saturday and waited for the scores to roll in.

Nothing.

Nothing again.

Then, up pops       Falmouth 0 Truro 1 (Yetton 44)

Gobsmacked the players were glued to the screen.

Nothing.

Then up pops

Falmouth 1 (Smith 90 +7) Truro 1

Almost immediately Yetton walks through the doorway, absolutely distraught. 'Sorry lads, I've let you all down badly today'. The others told him not to be so daft, he'd played Falmouth all on his own, and got a draw.

Yetton wouldn't have it, keeping on about how he had let them all down. Eventually someone said 'How have you let us down, and how did you get back so quickly?

Yetti replied 'Well I got sent off just after half time.'

* well sort of trueish.

(Story inspired by Falmouth's most loyal supporter repeatedly telling us on here just how rubbish Falmouth are.)

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a joke but a humorous  story , one of many from my Police career  . I've only posted it to keep some life in the forum in the absence of football .

In the 90's Richard Bransons aunt opened a small woollen garment factory in Norfolk using wool from her flock of rare breed black sheep . It was opened by Princess Anne . I was part of the team who had to search the premises and nearby premises prior to the opening . We had one or two local constables with us whose job it was to guard the premises when we left . One of the officers Ian could best be described , and we've all worked with them , as a bombastic know all . As the saying go's " if you had an elephant , he'd have the box it came in " He's served in the R.A.F. and went on about how he had had to put senior officers right when working with and around helicopters . He was scathing about them and senior Police Officers  . He became a bit of a bore by mid morning especially as we'd started at 4.00am and were becoming tired . The sergeant in charge of the dog section turned up in an apparent panic . He said that there had been a bit of a **** up , Princess Ann was arriving by helicopter but they had no one trained in helicopter landing site procedures to sort out the landing site . Someone suggested Ian as he'd said that he had worked with helicopters in the R.A.F. . The sergeant explained what he wanted and Ian sort of responded that he knew about the procedure .From his manner you could tell he was struggling but couldn't lose face . Off they went in the dog van to the sounds of a barking dog . The sergeant in charge of our team said " thank God for that he was driving me crazy " . A while later the dog sergeant returned smiling and said " you lad's owe me a pint now " . He'd taken Ian to a grass field in the middle of nowhere and told him that it was the emergency landing site and had to be guarded by someone experienced in helicopters and left him there . Princess Ann was arriving by helicopter but landing at Norwich Airport 15 miles away  and would be arriving at our venue by car and  there was no emergency landing site . Ian never mentioned  being had over , if he even sussed it out , and still carried on in the same way. 

Sorry to bore you all .

Weather dry but cold up here Older , but the fields are still under water .

2 hours ago, fenman said:

This is not a joke but a humorous  story , one of many from my Police career  . I've only posted it to keep some life in the forum in the absence of football .

In the 90's Richard Bransons aunt opened a small woollen garment factory in Norfolk using wool from her flock of rare breed black sheep . It was opened by Princess Anne . I was part of the team who had to search the premises and nearby premises prior to the opening . We had one or two local constables with us whose job it was to guard the premises when we left . One of the officers Ian could best be described , and we've all worked with them , as a bombastic know all . As the saying go's " if you had an elephant , he'd have the box it came in " He's served in the R.A.F. and went on about how he had had to put senior officers right when working with and around helicopters . He was scathing about them and senior Police Officers  . He became a bit of a bore by mid morning especially as we'd started at 4.00am and were becoming tired . The sergeant in charge of the dog section turned up in an apparent panic . He said that there had been a bit of a **** up , Princess Ann was arriving by helicopter but they had no one trained in helicopter landing site procedures to sort out the landing site . Someone suggested Ian as he'd said that he had worked with helicopters in the R.A.F. . The sergeant explained what he wanted and Ian sort of responded that he knew about the procedure .From his manner you could tell he was struggling but couldn't lose face . Off they went in the dog van to the sounds of a barking dog . The sergeant in charge of our team said " thank God for that he was driving me crazy " . A while later the dog sergeant returned smiling and said " you lad's owe me a pint now " . He'd taken Ian to a grass field in the middle of nowhere and told him that it was the emergency landing site and had to be guarded by someone experienced in helicopters and left him there . Princess Ann was arriving by helicopter but landing at Norwich Airport 15 miles away  and would be arriving at our venue by car and  there was no emergency landing site . Ian never mentioned  being had over , if he even sussed it out , and still carried on in the same way. 

Sorry to bore you all .

Weather dry but cold up here Older , but the fields are still under water .

Loved that buddy...not cold here but biblical rain nearly everyday! 

Wouldn't surprise me to go up the club one morning and see Noah tied up loading animals.

A bloke takes his missus to the pub, he notices a fella keeps looking over, so he walks over to speak to him. 

"Aright mate" he says.

"Yeah...fine" he replies.

"Can I ask you a couple of questions" he says - "ok" the man says.

"Do you like women who when they take their bra's off their boobs hit their knee's"

"No" he says.

"Do you like women with a glass eye"

"NO" he says.

"Do you like women with varicose veins and cellulite "

"Bloody hell...no way" he replies.

So the husband says - "well stop looking at my bloody wife then".

11 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

He wouldn’t have far to come. He’s a Channel Island boy, I’m sure I read somewhere about Noah, sark. Related to Russell Crowe too it seems (if you’ve read the book, see the film!) 🎥🦒🦒🐘🐘🦘🦘🦏🦏🦓🦓🐅🐅🦕🦕‼️

You've had one of them malts again Breugel! 

I went to the Norwich Hospital today , in the car park was a notice , it said " thieves operate here "  . I know they're short of surgeons  but that's silly 

I know I'm getting old now , I went to antique auction and people started bidding on me .

Some friends of mine held a joint Burns Night and Chinese New Year party . They called it the " Chinese Burns Night " I didn't want to go but they twisted my arm .

i had to turn down the offer of a job in a  company that makes mirrors , I just couldn't see myself doing it .

In line with their new  rules on handball and offside F.I.F.A.  have announced that all Champions League and Europa Cup games will be one legged and played on a  neutral ground ,  no replay and away goals  count double .

My mate went to take his seat at the World Cup final when he noticed that there was an empty seat between him and the next man along. “Who on earth would miss a World Cup final” my mate asked. The old chap replied “My wife and I have been to each of the last five World Cup finals, but sadly she passed away”. “Oh, I’m sorry”  said my mate “ but couldn’t you get one of your other friends or family to come with you?”. “No”, he said, “they’re all at the funeral!”.

Up in the far beyond, God and the Devil were having yet another dispute.

“Let us settle it with a football match” said Satan.

“You’re on”, said the all-mighty, “but why? Up in heaven we have all the very best players!”

“Aha”, replied the evil one “but we have all the referees!”

Keith, I am sorry if I offended you or indeed anybody else. I specifically didn’t mention which God I was referring to, although from the context it would certainly be monoatheistic which could still cover a number of world religions. 
Either way, if there is a god, and I’m still on the fence on that one, I would certainly hope that he/she has a sense of humour.

Who doesn't love a non sensical piece of football punditry and comments? Here's a few corkers.

"I will be writing to the relevant authorities to complain, but I'm wasting my breath."
Joe Royle

“Cole should be scoring from those distances, but I’m not going to single him out.”
Alex Ferguson

"If you can't stand the heat in the dressing-room, get out of the kitchen"
Terry Venables

"I don't want to compare Bowditch to Matt Le Tissier, but the way he scored his goal was similar to Matt."
Joe Royle

"Beckenbauer has really gambled all his eggs."
Ron Atkinson

"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."
Terry Venables

"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat."
Ron Atkinson, breaking the habit of a lifetime!

"You're on your own out there with ten mates."
Michael Owen

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel."
Stuart Pearce

"I'm sure Spurs will get another opportunity, hopefully before the final whistle.
Steve Claridge

"And I honestly believe we can go all the way to Wembley - unless somebody knocks us out."
Dave Bassett

"All the cul-de-sacs are closed for Scotland."
Joe Jordan

"You can see the relief on Falcao's shoulders."
Michael Gray

"There was nothing wrong with the performance, apart from throwing away the game."
Glenn Hoddle

"Owen scores and breaks Lineker's competitive scoring record. Although this being a friendly it doesn't actual count, so he hasn't quite done it yet."
John Motson