Cornwall Football Forum

St Just Rumours?

Guest kern_dogg

rodney left the club as he had a few disagreements with a couple of people over the selection of the side and bits he shouldn't really be gettin involved in!!it got quite heated and he left the club as he didn't like the way some people spoke to him and walked away from the club! i have no problem with rodney what so ever as he done an awful lot for the club over the years and i wish him all the best for the future wherever that maybe? over & out :thumbsup:

Im sure that Rodney will be missed at St Just Neil & it wont be the same going down there without him but as far as St Just fc is concerned, the most important person is still there, & that is Steve Curnow !

although I agree steve is important to st just I would say rodney is equally important i think it is a sad day for st just parting ways with mr beer I hope they have someone else to take on all the jobs that rod did for them.

Good to see that the Tinners got a point at Truro from my position in the stand as the only visiting supporter.

And a supporter I'll always be. I was sorry to read that skipper Neil Curnow regards me as a mug, but my family would certainly agree !

No, I'd never interfere with team selection. Did Frazer Cadman, Andy Dyer, Shane Richards, Richie Ward, Scott Grant, Matt Harris, Jonny Row and Danial Hogg all leave the club because of he daft old mug ?

The daft old mug who drove hundreds of miles a year, did the paperwork, raised most of the funding, paid a few grand a year out of his own pocket, attended vacuous meetings, made the phone calls, ran the line, did the raffles, put the p*** artists in the recovery position regularly, acted like a lawyer to the mafia every time the Curnow family displayed their wit and repartee to referees too lyrically, paid their fines and even taxied them home when they were bevied, which is not unusual.

Steve should indeed, as the manager, be the most important bloke at the club. Unfortunately he now defers to Neil, who could have been the best player the Combo had seen for years if he could run more and swear less. Captains need to encourage, not to bellow at Dad to take off their team-mates every time they fail to interpret Neil's strategic thinking. It's like a literature course based on Noddy and Big-Ears.

If this was the only thing wrong with St Just AFC, I would still be Secretary. Neil, despite these trivial limitations, is still a good player by Combo standards. Unfortunately there is literal nepotism at Curnow United AFC. After six months of Chrissykins as the last line of defence, paws outspread like an epileptic platypus, running 50 yards to argue with himself, appealing for evocation of an offside rule he clearly misunderstands, abusing seasoned players who have won things , taking responsibility for nothing, I have had enough. Chrissy has on two occasions accused me of throwing my money around, but not at him. I must be fair at this point: he is a better centre-half than I am and on a good day, could easily outleap almost all the Combination League officers. Alongside an excellent defender like John Bird, he does less damage than he might in any other position, apart from possibly going shopping with Mum.

For whatever profound secret of familial politics, the side has been built around Chrissy, which is a bit like building your house round the bog brush. When Culdrose scored five past him, all of them onside, Father John Curnow was in the stand, explaining to anybody who would listen that this was down to me because I brought down players from the wrong side of Newbridge. And besides, Father John had raised all of 40 quid for the Duck Race, so the club would no longer need a Truro git like me. I hope that won't put off potential big-name signings from St Buryan or cause embarrassment next time Cape Building Supplies need a cheque to keep the boxers in Pedigree Chum !

Let's see, shall we ? Time for the community to rally round ! Good luck, chaps. I'll be rooting for you.

And good luck in the Duck Race, No. 5 !

:SM_carton:

Not very well as you know. Went for a policy of youth this season and it backfired on us.

All teams at the bottom of the Combo are scrabbling around looking to strengthen their squads.

Shane Richards and Andy Trathan at Ludgvan. Someone is paying out money there. We were told it was you. At the begining of this season they almost went bust and had to take out loans. So where's the cash coming from?

Oh come on, you surely don't think I'd pour money into the Hurlers to try to relegate the Pies ! Anyway, I hear a rumour nobody's going down anyway. (well, unless the Tinners lose all the remaining 14 games, eh Vidal ?)

Nah, I've got a 70 hour a week job now and kids on the verge of uni....no point throwing good money after bad !

Trath wouldn't want money anyway....he plays for the love of the game. Shayners is a cracking lad and I wish him well.

r and l, its definately Mr Beer...

Isaac Rosenberg (November 25, 1890 - April 1, 1918) was an English poet of the First World War who was considered to be one of the greatest of all British war poets. His "Poems from the Trenches" are recognised as some of the most outstanding written during the First World War.

Isaac Rosenberg, the son of Jewish immigrants, was born in Bristol on 25th November 1890. Seven years later the family moved to London. After being educated in East End council schools, Rosenberg left at fourteen and became an apprentice engraver.

With the help of a wealthy woman friend, Lily Joseph, Rosenberg was able to study art at the Slade School. As well as painting, Rosenberg also wrote poetry. Suffering from poor health, Rosenberg emigrated to the warmer climate of South Africa. In Cape Town he lectured on art, painted portraits and had some of his poems published in South African magazines.

Rosenberg missed London and in February 1915 returned to England. He published a collection of poems, Youth, but was deeply upset when he discovered that only ten copies of his book had been sold. In October 1915 Rosenberg joined the Bantams, a special battalion for men too short to be accepted into other regiments.

Sent to the Somme in France, Rosenberg was on the Western Front for the next two years. Isaac Rosenberg was killed on 1st April, 1918. His body was never recovered but friends arranged for his poems, Collected Works to be published in 1922.

Guest kern_dogg

For whatever profound secret of familial politics, the side has been built around Chrissy, which is a bit like building your house round the bog brush.

Mr beer, does 'Uncle' Steve pick the uni 1st team aswell?

hi rod, where does it state that i called you a mug? thought i said i have know problem with you,but yet again you go and get personal, as for me running more, that's a fair comment but the ball can move quicker than any man i've ever met and 9/10 find the right shirt, :P !! as for frazer leaving i think thats cause he was arguing with chris every week,scott grant left cause he wasn't getting in,matty left as he had enough of senior football,and wanted to get into management,shane signed for ludgvan as he's had a hard couple of month's and those close too him understand that he needed a change(did you ever get your petrol allowance back?? :clapper: )good luck shane!!!! daniel hogg is still at the club but out injured with a ankle injury, now the big one dyer and rower???? one minute they were there,the next they're gone..still not sure what happened but they both proved one thing that we were told early season by more than one of they're ex managers-it'll never last(did they're petrol allowance run dry??)!!! anyway i still have no problem with you even if you do get a bit personal!!!!don't eat too many lemons :drink:

Hiya Crown Prince Crazy Coot......

Well, the "mug" reference was actually from The Dauphin of Kern-Dogg earlier in the thread, but all you great related minds can synchronise your thoughts...it's like the amazing telepathy of those 9/10 passes. I have nothing to be bitter about. On the contrary, I am now able to stand on the touchline and smile while watching my beloved Tinners, under your glorious encouragement, expressing themselves , unafraid to make mistakes, experimenting with set pieces. Unlike netball players, they're all allowed to shoot at goal now, without fear of "Dad ! get him off !" or "what have you got in those boots ?" or the pathetic spectacle of No.5 spreading his hands out as he lets in another...always somebody else's fault, probably the lino.

If only.....

I would have expected fewer comments about other players' petrol allowances, skipper, from you. I remember your poor long-suffering father coming to me to beg £20 a game for you and £35 for the other cricket star to keep you both loyal to your village club after Helston were supposed to be offering you £40 a game....Helston didn't remember, funny, that, but never mind, these other clubs don't even have a ruling family like we do in Saudi Arabi..., I mean St Just. I think we climbed up to sixteenth that year. It was important to show what we could do using local boys, and you wouldn't want your then-Chairman giving the impression that he'd only pay them old furriners from up Camburrn.....

Kern-dogg was absolutely right. I have been a mug. But I feel better already. I've come to realise that no matter whom I paid to come down to St Just, you and Chrissy would put them in their place, which ultimately was going back up the A30 sick and tired of being slagged off by....well, okay Neil, you can play a bit and no-one minds a few words from the organ-grinder, or the organ-grinder's daddy, but your monkey is taking over now and he's throwing peanuts !

And as for uni, well, I remember the old days when I got sent to a real one...and I even passed my exams when I was there without having to come home every weekend...and it did me the power of good. Maybe you boys ought to think about a trip out of the duckpond occasionally, it's amazing how it broadens the mind. Even the king of the duckpond is still only a bleeding duck ! Okay, a drake, but not Sir Francis. Talking of Marjons, surely if Chrissy is that good he could get snapped up by a much higher standard of football in Plymouth than we can offer. I understand from father John that Saltash were desperate for him.

Saltash secretary, whoever you are, call me, I'll pay anything you want !

Maybe you ought to think about a new club. Being managed by somebody other than Dad might get you back in proportion. And ultimately, it would do him good too, even if he won't say so. He's a cracking bloke, but under a lot of stress. Every time I hear you berating him from midfield I wince: you create the kind of pressure that shortens people's lives. That's why I'm enjoying just being a supporter, Neil. Sorry, mate. I would die for St Just AFC but I couldn't stand so close watching you and your cousin making it die for you.

No emoticons....they're lemon !!!

Kern-Dogg you are a strange boy, you started this thread with heard on the grape vine about Rodney Beer leaving St.Just. You obviously new at that point he had left the club and were just trying to stir it up. Why bring other teams like Ludgvan into this?

You should keep your clubs business private, as i dont suppose Steve, Neil and Rodney really want to waste their time bitching at each other.

No one cares what team you play for....Everyone who watches the game can see how good you are!

got to agree with st justice chris what was the point of this thread other than to cause more problems between steve,neil and rodney surely everyone wants to concern themselves with football as neil hasn't risen to any bait if you and rodney have problems surely its better to sort them out in private mate

What a fantastically eloquent response by Mr Beer. I do not know you personally Rodney but you livened up this forum with that superb display. Your years of practicing literature have paid off.

Neil - Whatever you do, just keep quiet cos it'll just stir him up more. As an impartial I think you and your old man are top men and are the epitomy of what loyalty represents.

CHRIS ALLEN IS A MINCER!!!!!

Guest kern_dogg

St Justice, this group wasnt started with the intentions of 'stirring it up', but to see if a new chairperson had been appointed. However i apologise for bring another club into the equation. As for the associates of St Just football club i am unaware that there has been 'bitching' towards a certain party, and am sure St Just will allow the talking to be done on the pitch.

Guest jumpersforgoalposts

Reading this link i can see a few pints of John Smiths flying around, and to be fair to all parties its a great read..so well in! im gona keep my input brief!

Rodney, nobody forced you to put your money into the club, Pick the drunks up, drive hundreds of miles, got to meetings and so on. You took it upon yourself to do that! If you had said no to them in the first place then maybe they wouldn't have exploited your good nature! so you only have yourself to blame, you cant buy a social life!

As for the players that were getting paid, im sorry but no player in that league is good enough to be paid!!!!! St. just was looked on as a place for a certain person to give his mates from cambourne a quick call when they were skint wanting to know if they wanted to earn a quick £30...A certain winger i would pay £30 to stay away!

As for chris, maybe he is mouthy at times but you cant say he isnt a good player, he may not be a big tackler...but you can rely on him to do the simple things well, best center half st. just have seen since Scott Thomas left! Do you blame him for asking for a bit of cash? new pair of boots would be nice!ha.

My last point, you may have superior writing skills and they say the pen is mightier that the sword, however i cant take your view of chris's footballing ability seriously...seeing that you have never kicked a competitive football for St.Just

There's a simple choice at St Just. Either the family dynasty runs the junior club it will become; or the senior club behaves in a senior way and makes brave decisions to change some of its key personnel and to raise the revenue without which it will face bankruptcy by 2010.

I genuinely hope, following my own withdrawal from the committee, that the local fans whose involvement had allegedly been dissuaded by my hated presence stream back to run the club better than before.

Unfortunately two players, one able, one a laughing-stock, behave persistently in an unacceptable way towards referees, team-mates and club supporters. As a result, several players have left and the credibility of team and club management, sadly, has been undermined.

To answer my last critic, playing ability is not necessarily directly related to managerial understanding. That is why Gazza might not be the best England manager and my analysis of the psycho-social interactions of the Tinners might be better than inept.