Cornwall Football Forum

Following the announcement below just made by the FA the St Piran League is suspended until further notice.

FA ANNOUNCEMENT

Following the Government’s announcement today, for people to avoid social contact and gatherings where possible, we are now advising that all grassroots football in England is postponed for the foreseeable future.

Throughout this period, we have taken Government advice with the priority being the health and wellbeing of all. We will continue to work closely with the grassroots game during this time.

We are in regular communication with the Government and the situation within English football at all levels remains under regular review. Further updates will follow as needed.

I have to agree it's the correct decision, has there been a discussion among the league committee on what to do with the season? Null and void, finish it as it stands or extend it? Most teams start preparing for next season around now in looking to possible new signings getting pre season sorted for june/July.

7 minutes ago, CentreHalf83 said:

I have to agree it's the correct decision, has there been a discussion among the league committee on what to do with the season? Null and void, finish it as it stands or extend it? Most teams start preparing for next season around now in looking to possible new signings getting pre season sorted for june/July.

Probably a wait and see approach,  what else can they do?

They'll take a lead from the FA I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, CentreHalf83 said:

We are at the behest of the FA on this but I had a brief email discussion with the NLS manager about it yesterday afternoon.  There's a bit of a chain of events involved which starts with the decision of the pro game.  Once they've made a decision at that level the NLS decision on the way ahead will follow.  Once we know what's happening  and when we'll let everyone know.

Potential light at end of tunnel....

Speaking to a Director of a Chinese company today about sport, he said that from the first few deaths in China to things getting back to normal again was 7 weeks....so hopefully with a lockdown now, we might be up and running again before end of May. Playing Saturday and Tuesdays and an extension of season till end of June/July (extend insurance period) the season can be finished. If start 20/21 season in September and everything back to normal (hopefully not the rain though) 

1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

Fish yes I agree this is feasible on the playing side but! What about the pitches, they have taken a monumental hammering this winter and need some tender loving care, to say the least

Well we got a few weeks/months now to get pitches back....all clubs need now is some volunteers to move earth, paint dugouts etc....who might be free at this time.....OH YEAH PLAYERS!!! 

Let's hope when their bored on a Saturday all players pour down to their football club and start helping!!🤔🤔

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Well we got a few weeks/months now to get pitches back....all clubs need now is some volunteers to move earth, paint dugouts etc....who might be free at this time.....OH YEAH PLAYERS!!! 

Let's hope when their bored on a Saturday all players pour down to their football club and start helping!!🤔🤔

And of course Mark all under strict supervision that it is done correctly. 

Dont wont anyone scratching that new kit...lol

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And of course Mark all under strict supervision that it is done correctly. 

Dont wont anyone scratching that new kit...lol

Definatly not!! I honestly think this maybe our renovation period older so, prepare the damaged wet areas, sorted out the drainage, get seed in the ground, vertidrain, sand/top dress and leave in quarantine 😂😂

Get some paint for the players to paint THEIR  Changing rooms and THEIR dugouts and we are all ready to go whenever that day comes that a ball can be kicked again.

How's the carpet at Kernick looking?

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Definatly not!! I honestly think this maybe our renovation period older so, prepare the damaged wet areas, sorted out the drainage, get seed in the ground, vertidrain, sand/top dress and leave in quarantine 😂😂

Get some paint for the players to paint THEIR  Changing rooms and THEIR dugouts and we are all ready to go whenever that day comes that a ball can be kicked again.

How's the carpet at Kernick looking?

Haha Mark. Hardly a carpet after this winter...roll on spring when it may look like it did in August! 

Screenshot_20200317-231832_Gallery.jpg

13 hours ago, Mark said:

As long as you don’t have too big a gathering Mark 😎