Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Searle (St Day AFC Legend)

Mark Leah

It is with very deep sadness and a heavy heart that we have to announce the death of our Chairman David Searle.

Dave was a stalwart of the club in every sense of the word, he was a player, secretary of the committee, head groundsman, all-round general handyman as well as our excellent Chairman, he will be very sorely missed at the club.

Dave was awarded by the FA with a 50 years certificate and medal to which he was super proud off back in 2014. The club recognised this service with his gold badge blazer which he wore with the up most pride all the time. We hold his tournament every summer to say thank you to his services to this, his club and the footballing community, it's such a shame that this year it will be in his memory.

Our sincere heartfelt condolences go to Inez and all the family at this truly sad time. We will miss you Mr Searle, but never will we ever forget you 😥

Once a Saint, always a Saint.

💛🖤💛🖤

20200316_142851.jpg

Such sad news hearing this, my wife works with his daughter Carly and my thoughts are with her and the rest of the family.

My wife also works with Mr Leah (Mark) and she said he visited Dave nearly every night at hospital and that shows what a great relationship they had  along with many others, I’ve actually just got off the phone with Steve Roscoe and he’s not on here but would like you all at st day that his thoughts are with you all and he spoke about his time playing with Dave.

Weve had plenty of rivalry with st day over the years but was always nice after the games to catch up with the old guard  and have a chat.

Hes up there now with some true local football greats.

RIP Dave from myself and all at Illogan 

Very sad news to hear .

I was very privileged to be asked by CCFA to perform his 50 year award presentation at St Day clubhouse where he genuinely had no idea about it .!

Always a warm handshake and smile at Vogue during my time playing with and against him in the 70s and then refereeing games he played in .

I jokingly called him the original man from C and A in his immaculate suits and the yellow and black tie that he was so proud to wear .

He will surely meet up with those other club stalwarts Kerwin and Tony that St Day FC have lost over last couple of years in the near future .

Goodbye my friend 😂