Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 14 March 2020

PREMIERSHIP

Probus                              2-0            Camborne School Of Mines

(Double header at Probus 2 x 60 mins games)

Camborne SoM                 0-1            Probus

(Double header at Probus 2 x 60 min games)

CHAMPIONSHIP

Constantine                      4-2          RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Gwinear Churchtown        5-1            St Ives Mariners

Ludgvan Reserves             1-12           New Inn Titans

DIVISION 1

Rosudgeon Reserves          4-0           Perranwell Reserves

(Venue changed to Astro pitch)

St Day Thirds                     P-P           Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

DIVISION 2

St Buryan                            2-0             Tregony FC

Threemilestone Res        P-P            Probus Reserves

DUNN CUP

Lanner                                P-P          Goonhavern Athletic

Mawnan                             10-0            Troon AFC

LOCKHART CUP

Falmouth DC                      P-P           St Agnes Thirds

Penzance Reserves            1-2            St Just

Wendron United 4ths           P-P             Holman Sports Club Reserves

RUSSELL  HALL CUP

Goonhavern Athletic Res   P-P            Chacewater

St Ives Town FC Res           3-0           Lizard Argyle Reserves

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

Stithians                        2-4             Holman Sports Club (Venue switched, now at Holmans)

West Cornwall FC              1-2          Threemilestone

26 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Penzance 1 St Just 2 in the Lockhart Cup.  The Magpies were ahead after five minutes. Then Joe Sturgeon and Ashley Ellis replied for the Tinners. Looking forward to CTB's match report.

What was the attendance? I turned up at the start of the second half, there must have been over one hundred there watching

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Happy days for you isaac...out on the Cidre tonight!

As you know, in Gloucestershire it is only the possibility of a run in the Lockhart Cup that keeps the general population staggering on, Older. I hope your lovely pitch us in top top condition. Should St Just negotiate the semi-final, perhaps they will grace it with their tiki-taki subtlety once again. Bear in mind that they are used to the snooker table surface and calm, even micro-climate of Lafrowda.Park.

Delighted to hear of the Penzance gate. If only they could get class visitors like the Tinners every week they could restore their ground and their Senior reputation. That's three victories over them now.. I expect St Just wish they could play them every week too ! Come on, CTB ! "You only post when you're winning, post when you're winning !" (i suppose you and John Mead need an early night before that hearing with Frogpool).

Probus 2 Camborne School of Mines 0

Camborne School of Mines 0 Probus 1

We took 6 points from this double header but I'm sure CSOM will be dissapointed to get nothing from either game although they rarely troubled out keeper in either game. Both games were 0-0 at half-time. In the first game we took the lead when George Marris finished well with his left foot and then Dean Southworth scored a penalty after Steve 'Rusty' Rowson was pushed over in the box.

In the second game we had a penalty awarded to us (harsh on CSOM in my opinion) after about 10 minutes of the second half, which Dean Southworth had saved by the keeper with his feet and it took us a further 5 minutes to score the winner when Rusty played in George Marris who ran 40 yards to finish well.

Overall we were really pleased to pick up 6 points against a very good footballing side. It was good to see Rusty back on the pitch with a Probus shirt on for the first time in several years - he's still a class act on the ball. 

The conditions were very difficult for both teams and I do feel for our groundsman Graham Smith who will have a difficult job to repair the pitch for whenever our next match is! We are scheduled to be away against Threemilestone next week but obviously everything is a bit up in the air at the moment. Thanks to the referee Jack Rosenfeld.

Percy Stephens cup.

West Cornwall 1, Threemilestone 2.

Threemilestone took the lead after 10 minutes, slightly against the run of play when Joe Moyle took full advantage of a poor clearance from the West Cornwall keeper by knocking the ball back over him from roughly on the half way line. Threemilestones second was one of the better passages of play in the game. It was 5 minutes into the second half when i think Joe Carlyon's ball up to Joel Snape was headed down for James Davies to run onto and he slotted the ball under the keeper.  West Cornwall put in plenty of effort but rarely troubled the Tms keeper, but did pull a goal back in the 65th minute, when a corner was headed goalward by the no6(Ryan) and somehow went under the feet of the Tms player guarding the near post. 

Not the greatest game in the world probably due to the lack of games lately and a heavy pitch, but nice to get out and watch a game in fairly calm conditions.

I counted 17 watching.

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Rusty and Jack are older than me, and I'm old enough to remember God when he was a boy down St Just !  Topical advice for you all. Stop panic buying bog roll. You're only papering over the cracks !

Why do the British always descend into toilet humour...lol

What a load of cr*p!

1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

Isaac. I heard they are in the flush of youth.

Rosudgeon Reserves 4-0 Perranwell Reserves

A comprehensive victory for the oxen who saved their best for the second half and blew the opposition away. The passing was slick and the scoreline was well deserved.

A fairly drab first half ended goalless with clear cut chances few and far between. A few tweaks to the line-up at the break made all the difference however and what followed was purely magical 🤩.

It opened when a long ball from goalkeeper Simon Mortimer found it’s way all the way through to Dan Hopkins who took his time and delicately tucked the ball home. 

Just a minute later and it was 2-0, a ball in from the left found it’s way to the feet of Substitute Kayode Odetayo, who produced a fine finish from just inside the box.

And the amazing start was rounded off with 3 goals in the space of 5 minutes. Sam McKenna’s free kick from just inside the opponents half found it’s way in via a slight delfection.

The game threatened to slow after that, the reserves having plenty of chances to score but luck not coming their way. Eventually a fourth was added late on; Simon Harvey’s terrific delivery from a corner was met by Silas Sullivan’s header.

A beautiful goal to round off a fantastic performance from all the players involved today, well done boys 🐂🐂.

Starting XI:
Simon Mortimer/ Tom Row, Matt Jones, Sam McKenna, Jamie Lovelock/ Ben Jefferies, Philip Harvey, Joe Plummer (c), Sam Wyatt/ Dan Hopkins, Jullius Spurgeon

Subs Used:
Silas Sullivan, Andrew Ozard, Kayode Odetayo, Jack Robinson, Simon Harvey 

Goal Scorers:
Dan Hopkins, Kayode Odetayo, Sam McKenna and Silas Sullivan

Percy StevensCup
Stithians 2-3 Holman SC (Fixture reversed played at Holmans)

So after Biblical Pitch destroying floods, Donald Trump trying to start WW3 with Iran by lobbing a couple of missiles at it, Megan Markle discovering being an American Disney Princess in the UK doesn’t really have a happy ending and the Australians being forced to chuck extremely well done Koalas on the BBQ because some idiot tried to set fire to an ant with a magnifying glass in the middle of their summer which rather unfortunately ended up destroying eleventy billion acres of forest it’s safe to say 2020 is turning into a bit of ‘challenge’!!!

The piece de resistance for this year though is obviously the Zombie attacking Bog Roll stealing Flu that has wiped out nearly all of the local football events.........apart from at Blaythorne where anybody should know if you can survive using the toilets in our changing rooms you should be ok to get through Mrs Browns Boys showing instead of Match of the Day on a Saturday!!!! 

Agreeing to all hold our breath and wash our hands after every tackle the game was a pretty turgid affair and whilst the pitch didn’t look to bad initially it quickly cut up and started to sap all energy and enthusiasm from the fixture. Holmans kept the lead throughout but the visitors pulled it back to 2-1 and then 3-2 to ensure it was never comfortable however the home side hung in for the win and are through to the next round which will probably be fixtured in for May 2025 the way it’s looking.

in all seriousness we as a club would like to continue to play but support the league in whatever decision they make but as a matter of course today we took precautions. I didn’t witness anyone coughing up half a lung, nobody appeared hot or distressed however we still did both the pre-match team talk outside in the open air and our ‘older’ members chose to not enter the changing rooms at all and didn’t enter the bar after. A bit of common sense and practicality needed at this time and support to continue whilst it’s still possible

Gwinear 5 Mariners 1.Well done to gwin on the win was quite a good competetive game,We mariners having only 10 players last night managed 14 at kick off and fielding 4 50 yr olds in the end battled well missing about 8 players today,few saves by me including a penalty save kept the score sort of respectable against a strong and experienced home side.

8 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Penzance 1 St Just 2 in the Lockhart Cup.  The Magpies were ahead after five minutes. Then Joe Sturgeon and Ashley Ellis replied for the Tinners. Looking forward to CTB's match report.

Yawn, Rodney . Well done  St Just. Deserved the win on the day. That is what football is about. You need a good dose  of Prozac incase you're heart rate  is faster than your flag arm😂😂

9 hours ago, Clubman said:

Yawn, Rodney . Well done  St Just. Deserved the win on the day. That is what football is about. You need a good dose  of Prozac incase you're heart rate  is faster than your flag arm😂😂

Prozac ! C'm'on, you Smacktown boys have too much skag in your water supply already for it to make any difference. I am just asking why we get cfhaptett and verse from CTB whenever you win, but total silence when St Just troubce you. But there it is. Maybe Priti's got him up Varfell now picking daffodils withe rest of you. Good bracing work, nothing wrong with that. Lovely fresh Cornish air, handsome !

• Dave Deacon unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 14/03/2020 at 19:55, Phil said:

Percy Stephens cup.

West Cornwall 1, Threemilestone 2.

Threemilestone took the lead after 10 minutes, slightly against the run of play when Joe Moyle took full advantage of a poor clearance from the West Cornwall keeper by knocking the ball back over him from roughly on the half way line. Threemilestones second was one of the better passages of play in the game. It was 5 minutes into the second half when i think Joe Carlyon's ball up to Joel Snape was headed down for James Davies to run onto and he slotted the ball under the keeper.  West Cornwall put in plenty of effort but rarely troubled the Tms keeper, but did pull a goal back in the 65th minute, when a corner was headed goalward by the no6(Ryan) and somehow went under the feet of the Tms player guarding the near post. 

Not the greatest game in the world probably due to the lack of games lately and a heavy pitch, but nice to get out and watch a game in fairly calm conditions.

I counted 17 watching.

Does anyone know which Ryan it was that scored the West Cornwall goal please - 

Ryan Williams

or

Ryan Hooper

Thanks