Saltash Borough                1-1         Torpoint Athletic Reserves

St Dennis Reserves            P-P            Morwenstow

St Mawgan                        4-0          Saltash United Reserves

Launceston Reserves         P-P       Millbrook Reserves

WEST DIVISION

Helston Athletic Res          P-P         Falmouth Town Reserves

Mullion                               P-P         St Ives Town

Penryn Athletic                  P-P           Illogan RBL

Perranwell                          3-1             Mousehole Reserves     (Back up plan!)

Redruth United                  P-P           Mousehole Reserves

St Day                                 2-0         Perranporth

St Agnes                             P-P            Hayle

On a serious note about your pitch @TheolderIgetthebetterIwas when I was kid I used to be amazed at kernick road and how pristine it was, did they have these problems in the 90’s or did it just rain less.

been reading your thread and while I don’t understand much of what you say, you clearly know what your doing. Hope this high pressure will help you in the next few weeks. 

16 minutes ago, Dagerags said:

On a serious note about your pitch @TheolderIgetthebetterIwas when I was kid I used to be amazed at kernick road and how pristine it was, did they have these problems in the 90’s or did it just rain less.

been reading your thread and while I don’t understand much of what you say, you clearly know what your doing. Hope this high pressure will help you in the next few weeks. 

Hello bud. It's a combination of two things.

Primarily the change in the weather patterns is the main problem,  undoubtedly global warming is the cause of that in my opinion. 

Secondly the recession damaging clubs finances stopped a lot of investment into the pitch.

Both of the above have affected all clubs I would imagine. 

But the amount of rainfall and the way it falls now is the overriding problem for everyone and how to remove it quickly from the playing surface.

At this level quite honestly...impossible. 

At premiership level with a multimillion pound pitch ...no problems. 

Anyone got a few million spare? Lol

And praying for high pressure,  but not the high pressure this weather is giving me!

Latest state of play @10:15: 

West

Helston Athletic Reserves v Falmouth Town Reserves - OFF, virus concerns

Mullion v St Ives Town - OFF, Virus concerns

Penryn Athletic v Illogan RBL - OFF, waterlogged

Redruth United v Mousehole Reserves - OFF, waterlogged

Perranwell v Mousehole Reserves ON

St Agnes v Hayle - OFF, waterlogged

St Day v Perranporth - ON

East

AFC St Austell Reserves v Polperro - OFF, player in self isolation 

Bude Town v Liskeard Athletic Reserves - OFF, virus concerns

Lanreath v Wadebridge Town Reserves - OFF, waterlogged

Launceston Reserves v Millbrook Reserves - OFF, waterlogged

St Dennis Reserves v Morwenstow - OFF, waterlogged

St Mawgan v Saltash United Reserves - ON

Saltash Borough v Torpoint Athletic Reserves - ON

22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Perhaps someone can clear this query up? Why is there now Perranwell v Mousehole appearing on the fixture list?

There was always a threat that Clijah Croft would be unfit Dave and there was a contingency plan in place for this fixture to be brought forward should that be the case.  Clijah is unfit and both teams are more than happy to play.

40 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Does seem ironic that perranwell’s pitch is playable, but well done to all concerned for getting the game on

You will find that pitches not played on for the last week or so will be playable.

Those played on last Saturday will mostly be off.

This due to them being " chewed" up.

The technical term is severe root break, when root break occurs surface drainage is lost until the grass re-establish's itself.  This is due to grass roots keeping the air spaces open and drainage from the immediate surface can then travel down the root channels again.

It is just how soil mechanics work, and the colder it is the longer you will wait. 

This is why it is said " play this week miss the next two weeks" and we've all heard that...because it's a fact.

Hope that helps.

Yes Davebut over the last few seasons Perranwell have had pitch drainage

problems, not a dig at the club just an observation. We as a club are in a catch 22 situation because the council are supposed to be digging our pitch up, so we are reluctant to throw hard earned funds on the pitch for nothing.

1 minute ago, Postman Pat said:

problems, not a dig at the club just an observation. We as a club are in a catch 22 situation because the council are supposed to be digging our pitch up, so we are reluctant to throw hard earned funds on the pitch for nothing.

Does not matter buddy the mechanics of soil structure still applies.

You can only change that by introducing large amounts of sand into the profile to keep it open.

Even if you have multiple drains installed the principle still applies, stop annual investment and drains or no you will be back to square one.

Happy to get our game on at VP today, another fixture out the way. Good size crowd of 65-70 people watching and was great to get the game on after using our new machinery thanks to the Football Foundation.

Nice to be out in the open air enjoying sport. Nice to see Common sense applied by the league....letting its clubs decide, at the end of the day it's our league and we should decide anyway.

Now for a nice dry week, bit of warmth, get the grass growing a bit. Let's hope comment sense is applied next week too.

Saints 2-0 Perranporth

💛🖤💛🖤

IMG-20200311-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200311-WA0005.jpg

5 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

I think in the last few seasons most clubs have had drainage problems ...  Could be down to the amount of rain we’ve had not only this year but several before ... 

Haha, maybe Scoffy but it won't be going anywhere near Vogue Park!!😂😂.

Yes rainfall has been a massive issue and drainage etc just cannot cope but a little thought, hard work, funding (biggest need) and equipment pitches could be better.

Players and Volunteers reading this thread and getting out with a fork in their hand during the week instead of waiting until a Saturday morning would be a bloody good start. 

#learnfromolder!!!

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 09:47, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Hello bud. It's a combination of two things.

Primarily the change in the weather patterns is the main problem,  undoubtedly global warming is the cause of that in my opinion. 

Secondly the recession damaging clubs finances stopped a lot of investment into the pitch.

Both of the above have affected all clubs I would imagine. 

But the amount of rainfall and the way it falls now is the overriding problem for everyone and how to remove it quickly from the playing surface.

At this level quite honestly...impossible. 

At premiership level with a multimillion pound pitch ...no problems. 

Anyone got a few million spare? Lol

And praying for high pressure,  but not the high pressure this weather is giving me!

And the lack of use of council owned equipment 😉

53 minutes ago, le boss said:

And the lack of use of council owned equipment 😉

Hahaha you are persistent in your incorrect assumptions, but keep trying.

I left the authority 20 years ago now...go figure.  The recession was 10 years ago, the weather patterns started changing about 5 years ago.

Do the maths.

Have you ever seen the standard of a council maintained pitch(?)

5 ton tractors, 2 ton slitters, 2 ton roller mowers and 3 ton rollers dont make for a decent surface...lol