Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 09/02/08

Guest Dermot

cornish new boys 0 - 4

nodoubt you will here alot of storys about this game my version is this we won 4 - 0 the ref was strict but fair had a good game

titans goals

tom m - 2 both pens

tim j - 1

cornish new boys og - 1

Certainly no complaints from me Titan1, Titans were the better side and the ref Graeme Tippet had a good match! Unfortunately some of the New Boys players and supporters like to shift the blame onto others, its definitely an issue that needs to be addressed but unlikely to be rectified under the current management structure!!

Better side won simple as that!

It was great to get back to the league games this week as it's been a long time since we have played a league game, now w e can start to move up the table and hopefully regain top spot.

The game yesterday was over after about 25 mins as we where already 3 up, we kept pushing until half time and where 5 - 0 up, roger decided to rest a few players in the second half and we cruised through to three points and finished the game 6 - 1.

Next week we have spice in the cup.

Well done to the reserves yesterday great result and what a goal by Ryan.......

Taken from Sunday Independent ©

09/02/09

Mining League

Div 1

Goonhavern 2 St Ives Town 2

Gwiner Churchtown 1 Gulval 6

Halsetown 0 Redruth United 2

Portreath 6 Robartes 1

Spice of Life 2 Threemilestone 4

Storm 4 St Just Res 2

Troon 0 Illogan RBL 0

Div 2

Illogan RBL III 2 Trispen Res 2

Madron 1 Cam SOM 3

Marazion Blues 2 St Agnes III 0

Mousehole III 2 Mount Ambrose 4

St Buryan 2 New Park Rangers 0

Sennen 0 Halesetown Res 3

Div 3

Cornish New Boys 0 Titians 4

Gulval Res 5 Pendeen Res 1

Portreath Res 1 Crown Inn Glory 0

Redruth United Res 1 Wendron United V 3

St Buryan Res 5 St Ives Mariners 3

Threemilestone Res 6 Newlyn NA 1

Portreath/Redruth Utd pitch at Clijah is 92 yards in length, 8 yards shorter than the official minimum pitch length, it was questioned at the beginning of the season but Portreath were given permission to use it and then Meady will complete the alterations in time for Senior Football next season??

Guest postman pat

well said geogie i to thought graham tippet had an excellent game.having played on that pitch many times i told our players that it would be a game of two halfs.you cannot keep playing long balls down the hill all the time if you are not making the goalkeeper work.in the second half we kept our discipline and deserved to win convincingly like we did,despite some of the comments on the touchline :c:

what is it with mining three take out the top and bottom two and the rest are so close together.

we are enjoying our first season in the league making new friends and trying to play good football :drink: :thumbsup:

Also :-

Jubilee cup 1st round.

Newlyn N.A. 8, Goonhavern 4.

Correction in Div 2, Illogan 2, Trispen 4.

The games in

Div 1. Trevenson v Holmans - Off - no ref

Div 2. Ludgvan v Four Lanes - Off - Think the pitch was unfit ?

Div 3. Chacewater v Madron -Off - again i think it was the pitch unplayable.

Hi all here some clear facts, the pitch which Portreath and Redruth share is a little short but still bigger than some in the leagues. The pitch will be lengthen as soon as the weather permits, which I hope will be in a couple of weeks. All the other pitches are within the Mining and Combination leagues requirements and that goes for all the other Kerrier pitches. There are a number of pitches out there that full short of this and the standard of changing facilities include yours Mr TMS NO9. I would just like to point out if all district and parish councils in Cornwall didn’t provide pitches then all the leagues would be very small. This might read that I am a little pxxx off that’s because I am. All I have this season is moans and groans from visiting teams about the pitches. I would accept this if theirs were any better but they aren’t lots are a lot lot worst. I was there myself yesterday and looking at the pitches, I am pleased with how they are especially with the weather we have had. This due to Cooke our grounds man he done a top job. Now I got that off my chest I am going to have some tea.

I think the key point, and I know this is going over old ground is that alot of work (and money) went into the Portreath/Redruth Utd pitch last Summer, so it was a pretty big mistake to leave it so short in length. I dont think anybody is doubting there are pitches as short in length but they were'nt worked on before the start of the season like Clijah was!!

I dont think anybody questioned the quality of the Portreath side Darren, they are a very good team!!

sorry i thought it was league thing. Anyway all but one are ok and like i said a couple of weeks and that one will be as well.

fair comment gorgie. i can tell you it wont happen again and i still don't know how they made that mistake but it been costly to the ones who set it out.

Sorry that you should get upset Meady, but I read the post as a complaint and was not a club thing more a public servant gripe!

Its a service that Kerrier residents pay for that the clubs in the area utilise.

That said I believe the service offered by Kerrier and indeed the department that you work for is second to none. One that I wish Penwith had given that there are only 2 council owned pitches in the district!

thanks general i did read it as my role in the council and nothing to do with my club. I use every last penny trying provide the best i can on all our pitches. I have lost count any many others we have helped out over the year on other grounds and thats in all sports. i should be use to it by now workng for the council for so many years but sometime it gets to you.

Guest Postie Pidge

Top marks to Kerrier for their dedication in looking after the footy pitches - i wish Carrick did the same for the shite ones (or two) in Falmouth. I wasn't having a dig as I love playing at Clijah - even though I don't win there often

cornish new boys 0 - 4

nodoubt you will here alot of storys about this game my version is this we won 4 - 0 the ref was strict but fair had a good game

titans goals

tom m - 2 both pens

tim j - 1

cornish new boys og - 1

No other versions of this story!!! Reading what has been written by u and Gorgie, (who unfortunately i know well), i have to agree with most of what is written. All i'll say is- I was not playing yesterday due to suspension, but from what i saw on the sidelines you did deserve to win as you were the better team, as i told a few of you boys after the match! I also think that what is said by a SELECT GROUP of our supporters (who are just passionate), should not be taken as gospel because that is not the view of most of us at the club.

I also think the ref did a good job, our boys just cant lose gracefully full stop.

As for the situation with the management well that will resolve itself, whether it takes weeks or months, its our first season also so we will learn and fast! I for one just want to play football and enjoy myself, as do most of the lads.......but all that being said id just like to say (through gritted teeth lol), Well done to the titans two wins out of two against us local rivals haha, also thanks for coming back to the pub sorry we were a bit late, and good luck for the remainder of the season and we will have to beat ya next year hopefully!

C.N.B. No 9 :c:

Certainly no complaints from me Titan1, Titans were the better side and the ref Graeme Tippet had a good match! Unfortunately some of the New Boys players and supporters like to shift the blame onto others, its definitely an issue that needs to be addressed but unlikely to be rectified under the current management structure!!

Better side won simple as that!

Oh and i hope by some of our players you dont mean myself Gorgie mate!!!

Ha see ya soon.

In regards to Tms changing rooms. I was with the club for nearly 10 years and to what we had back in the middle 90's they are a step in the right direction. Clubs have to remember that the pitch is owned by the parish and it took the club many years on negotiating to get the old bogs and convert them into changing rooms. This was done by the club who over the years has worked hard to ensure that there is football at TMS.

It goes to show what can be done when people work together, SO instead of having a go at the changing facilities I suggest you think about the hard work that the clubs committee and players have put in over the years to try and improve on what was originally there.

ironic that someone from TMS complains about pitches with their changing rooms! shocking

In regards to Tms changing rooms. I was with the club for nearly 10 years and to what we had back in the middle 90's they are a step in the right direction. Clubs have to remember that the pitch is owned by the parish and it took the club many years on negotiating to get the old bogs and convert them into changing rooms. This was done by the club who over the years has worked hard to ensure that there is football at TMS.

It goes to show what can be done when people work together, SO instead of having a go at the changing facilities I suggest you think about the hard work that the clubs committee and players have put in over the years to try and improve on what was originally there.

and to be honest reruth 07 i didnt really complain as such just they are tiny

im a quick player and prefer big wide pitches and a team like portreath who can really spread a ball would surely beifit from having bigger pitches.

yes luffy good word ej told me alot of the storys about changing in sheds and stuff :o :c:

Sorry Luffy have to disagree with you over the changing rooms i think the portacabin you had in the mid 90's was better then what you have now, Although we had to share a big room and their was no showers (although the shower in your away changing room now is worse then useless) at least you could swing a cat in there, We have to leave the cat at home now which is a great shame :D:D

On a positive note though considering their are better facilities at clubs in your area your club has done well to prodcuce some good quality teams over the last 6 to 7 years

Well my point is people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

I thought our (Storm) 2nds were meant to be playing Chacewater but it was called off due to a waterlogged pitch? Our 2nds are very strong at the monent and would more than likely be top but for an injury hit start to the season, so I don't blame any team for not wanting to play them on a pitch they are not comfortable with.

As for Porteath's pitch - I love it, less running to do hehe!

TMS changing rooms, thats easy, when the ref aint looking leg it and steal his shower!

Both the above mentioned teams play great football despite their facilities so well done to them

Storm 4 - 2 St.Just res

After a jaded performance, several missed opportunities and a penalty miss, we were naturally dissapointed not to have won by more. However, a win is a win and St.Just have picked up some ok results lately so no complaints. Credit to them, they have some handy young players who do well.

Hat trick for Storm for Matty Thompson! :D

I thought our (Storm) 2nds were meant to be playing Chacewater but it was called off due to a waterlogged pitch? Our 2nds are very strong at the monent and would more than likely be top but for an injury hit start to the season, so I don't blame any team for not wanting to play them on a pitch they are not comfortable with.

TMS changing rooms, thats easy, when the ref aint looking leg it and steal his shower!

Both the above mentioned teams play great football despite their facilities so well done to them

Storm 4 - 2 St.Just res

After a jaded performance, several missed opportunities and a penalty miss, we were naturally dissapointed not to have won by more. However, a win is a win and St.Just have picked up some ok results lately so no complaints. Credit to them, they have some handy young players who do well.

explain why you think you would be top?

tms res have won there last 13 on the trot i think not bad going

but rumur from all teams that have played you and us are telling us you are the team to watch out for not chasewater

and yes storm was supposed to play chasewater sat

they told you it was waterlogged they told there players it was because there 1st needed players and they told this forum they had another game

hmmmm.........i smell a rat

Storm 4 - 2 St.Just res

but rumur from all teams that have played you and us are telling us you are the team to watch out for not chasewater

they told you it was waterlogged they told there players it was because there 1st needed players and they told this forum they had another game

Chacewater reserves though have a few games in hand though and are also very strong, but i have to say storm have been on a run like was mentioned and are looking unstoppable will be close, just dont write storm off that would be silly!!!

Well, talk around the storm camp is that the 2nds want to play the firsts and that they are confident of winning. We'll see?

But there are 6 or 7 players in that side more than capable of playing in Mining1 without having to change their games. We had an injury hit start to the season which meant taking players from the 2nds, they also had injuries which left the club very weak.

The reason I think they would be top is that whenever I have seen them at full strength they have destroyed the other team. I f they had that team from the start they would have dropped minimal points. Nothing against tms RES I'm sure they are a strong team as TMS normally are. I agree with an earlier comment that the sooner they get the changing rooms the 1st's will progress as will the RES.

Take it easy folks! :smiley20:

Storm 4 - 2 St.Just res

You people need to stop being so bloody suspicious and show a bit of respect. Chacewater is a VERY good little club, they have pretty decent facilities (pitch could be better BUT is still better than many) and they are a VERY well run club. Nigel Jewell is a credit to the club and to football in general within the county and all this talk of "smelling a rat", differing reasons for cancellation etc is just plain disrespectful.

Thanks Coopsie.

Obviously being where i am at the moment,i'm unable to personally look at the pitch at Chacewater.It does suffer from drainage problems,as most people who have played on it would be aware.It is also not our ground,it is administered by the Parish Council,so they have a big say in if a match should go ahead or not.We have very well respected members of the club(50 years service) who go and look at the pitch most days so they are in a good position to say if it is playable or not.Neither the football club or the Parish Council want the pitch ruined as it is a public recreation area for all users.

I'm not rising to the bait offered by tms no.9 save to say people in glasshouses and all that....(having read the match report by Newlyn NA from last Saturday).I have some good friends at Threemilestone FC and wish them all the best for the season.

I also think that Storm Res. are currently the best team in Division 3 and both Chacewater and Threemilestone are lucky that they had such a poor start to the season otherwise the league could be looking a little different.

Guest postman pat

tms no9 if you are worried about new changing rooms and vandalism why not take a leaf out of st.ives mariners book their changing rooms at nancegollen are indestructable.what a brilliant idea.not nice to look at but secure as argyles defence on saturday lol :c: good luck in your quest for improvement :drink: