Stay At Home -Protect The NHS - Save Lives
Hetty

Will the Season Finish

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

I can't see how any team can lose or be given anything until the season is completed .. which it's not safe to do so ... Pull this season, & blame it on an 'Act of God' .. it just can't be helped. 

I wonder if you would be quite so vociferous with your opinion if Bodmin were top of the table - and I'm not expecting too much honesty. I'm not disputing that there should be a huge amount of perspective but it does set a very dangerous precedent for the future. We can all laugh but if global warming continues and weather patterns change, fixtures in future years may suffer. We continually read on here now about the weather causing cancellations - so where do you draw the line? I guess a lot of replies will say that the powers to be will make contingency plans for the future, which begs the question - why cannot these plans be made now?   

You cannot make plans for evolution.

Global warming is the planet evolving to what we are doing to it.

Covid 19 is the evolution of viruses and bacteria reacting to our modern medicine.

If number 19 doesn't get us...number 21 or 22, or whatever number it is will wipe the most successful species from the planet and it will start repairing itself again.

Too many people...too greedy.

Evolution...unstoppable! 

Back to football...lol

3 hours ago, le boss said:

I wonder if you would be quite so vociferous with your opinion if Bodmin were top of the table - and I'm not expecting too much honesty. I'm not disputing that there should be a huge amount of perspective but it does set a very dangerous precedent for the future. We can all laugh but if global warming continues and weather patterns change, fixtures in future years may suffer. We continually read on here now about the weather causing cancellations - so where do you draw the line? I guess a lot of replies will say that the powers to be will make contingency plans for the future, which begs the question - why cannot these plans be made now?   

Most definitely I would be supporting the closure of the season early, regardless if it were Bodmin or whoever top of league, this is a Pandemic that's taking people's lives ... Have some morality please 'le boss?'

Forget the bloody football. If the league's operating at a higher level are 'voiding' everything then so should the Swpl .

Surely no manager or club could agree football can continue at present, & argue the decisions made by the FA, if so make themselves known to us all .. 

22 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Most definitely I would be supporting the closure of the season early, regardless if it were Bodmin or whoever top of league, this is a Pandemic that's taking people's lives ... Have some morality please 'le boss?'

Forget the bloody football. If the league's operating at a higher level are 'voiding' everything then so should the Swpl .

Surely no manager or club could agree football can continue at present, & argue the decisions made by the FA, if so make themselves known to us all .. 

Totally missed my point - not  advocating football recommence during this crisis so my morality is intact!!!

So that's it. The FA has decided quite rightly that season 2019-2020 not only is over but will be expunged. In simple terms it never happened.

But it did. It was the season I reignited my passion for Saltash United. I got to go to some brilliant new grounds like Wendron, St Dennis. I nearly froze to the bone at Dobwalls in January. I saw my team literally destroy Bodmin 6-0 at home. And beat Helston in the league cup having been down at half time.

The lads were on the cusp of getting into 3 cup semis, 3rd in league with 6 games in hand on 2nd and promotion. So 2019- 2020 season did happen. But now, all that matters is that we all stay safe and we'll meet in July, laugh, enjoy a simple pint or a cup of tea.

And that's far more important than just an 'expunged'.

So looks like thats the season over with roll on pre season friendlies now .At  least my team the g dont get relegated but got to feel for Helston and Saltash who wont get there promotion now .I had suggsted the top 4 teams play off to see who went up and the bottom 4 played off to see who went down but im just a ordinary supporter who hasnt got the knowledge of the big wigs who says what happens in th league . Was looking forward to seeing some footy when it resumes but thats a long time off now and i cant wait ,Just hope im still around when it starts again

Just for the record Clovid is an animal virus which for many thousands of years could only be passed from one animal to another, it then mutated to enable it to be passed from animals to humans but not from human to human.  Until now, it mutated again so it could be passed from person to person  but because our immune system doesn't recognize animal viruses it can't fight it until you get it, then you should be immune to it the only other way is a vaccine which could be 2 years away, so football pales into insignificance in the grand scheme of things. Stay home stay safe.

Just look at what certain countries do and eat when it comes to facilitating cross species contamination! 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

So looks like thats the season over with roll on pre season friendlies now .At  least my team the g dont get relegated but got to feel for Helston and Saltash who wont get there promotion now .I had suggsted the top 4 teams play off to see who went up and the bottom 4 played off to see who went down but im just a ordinary supporter who hasnt got the knowledge of the big wigs who says what happens in th league . Was looking forward to seeing some footy when it resumes but thats a long time off now and i cant wait ,Just hope im still around when it starts again

Stay well Cornish. 

12 hours ago, middle mans mate said:

Now the season has been expunged, does that mean any fines occurred will be repaid? 🤔

And gate money, referee's fees, player's expenses etc,etc. I don't think so.

Thanks Older just talked to my dr  and he confirmed i have got the Corona Virus bloody coughing and breathing not good so self isolating and Smokie having to keep his legs crossed .Hope to see everyone in the new season .Take Care i wouldnt wish this on anyone

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Older just talked to my dr  and he confirmed i have got the Corona Virus bloody coughing and breathing not good so self isolating and Smokie having to keep his legs crossed .Hope to see everyone in the new season .Take Care i wouldnt wish this on anyone

Take care buddy...and all the very best from me to you and Smokie. 

51 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Look after yourself 100%cornish. 👍

54 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Take care Cornish & get well soon. Godolphin will need your support again next season. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Take care mate, get well and I'll see you at Godolphin Way hopefully in the not to distant future.

All the best from everyone at the G

Thanks everyone its scarey im getting out of breath just sitting in the garden ,i was 1 of the doubters thinking it was all being exaggerated now i have it so its not , See you in the new season Savo and you got some really good players at the G  no doubt some of the ex G who decided to move to Newquay will be back and the new season will be a lot better than this 1 .See you all in the New Season hopefully .Take Care everyone this virus is no joke at all

Thankyou everyone for your kind messages not too good at the moment my breathing is not too good and Smokie is missing his long walks and we are both missing our football .I got my partner home from work and shes helping me a lot ,but if this self isolating goes on for too long i maybe in Dartmoor Prison on a murder charge .Take Care all you lovely people hope none of you get this awful Virus i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy not even Leeds United Lol