Cornwall Football Forum

Results 10/02/08

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

DIVISION 1

Camborne Park - 3 (Peter Norfolk, Jimmy Donna 2)

Oxford Inn - 1

Threemilestone - 3 (Ryan Stephens 2, og)

Tremough - 2

DIVISION 2

Gloweth United - 6 (Dave Oakes 3, John Oakes 2, Chris Jones)

Star - 3

Mpad United - 9 (Stuart Radnedge 3, Paul Hodgson 2, Darren Griffiths 2, Mark Picken, Andy Davis)

Truro United - 1 (Jonathan Martin)

Referee Nigel Nicholls

Div 1

Camborne Park 3 The Oxford 1 (h/t 2-0)

An improved performance from the Oxford but the result say's it all, 3 mistakes and 3 goals conceded and allways chasing the game, some good performances from new signings Dave Jull in goal and the ever youthfull John Salmon in Midfield, plenty of chances but the Camborne Park goalie was on good form to keep us out, a late deflected goal from ME :clapper: was all we had to show for a lot of second half pressure

Well done to Camborne Park and good luck for the rest of the season

Crowntown 2 Falmouth Albion 7

Good to get back playing again. (My last full game was back in November - no wonder I was knackered!)

Game was a bit niggly. Spoiled it really. Ref was fine. Quiet, smiley, but could have stepped in a few times to stop the niggles.

Two goals stood out - both, sort of, from Crowntown.

Youngster Will Bain took a pass on the right. First touch pulled it inside, left the full back for dead. The second touch put it into the net from just outside the penalty area. Lovely to watch. Well done Will.

In the final couple of minutes I excelled myself by heading a cross beautifully out of the reach of the keeper and into the net. Sadly, but not unusually for me, at the wrong end.

Well done Joe Roberts with a Hat-trick. Other Albion scorers Ryan James, Ben French & Nathan Angove.

The other Crowntown scorer was Andy Ashton.

I was very pleased with the workrate of the oxford players today v Camborne Park. Dave Jull did very well in goal for us, especially as it was his first game for two years!! Also a mention to John Salmon who formed a very good pairing with Steve 'i will claim anything as my goal' Hick in the middle of midfield. Was looking for a reaction from last weeks disappointment, and got it. Unfortunate with the result, just needed a little more luck in the final third. Overall a pleasing performance against a Camborne Park side that are definitely heading in the right direction.

Nice easy game next week against Tremough............... :yahoo:

Guest Roberts

Albion 7 - 2 Crwontown

Billy pretty much summed the game up. Exept i diddnt see it as a niggly game at all.

crowntown werent up for the phyisical battle. There was a bit of handbags between rj and

scholesy, but nothing the refferee couldnt handle. Ref had a good game as bill said.

Crowntown did have a good goal, but albion had severn good goals (that stood out)

BILLY HAD A CRAKER OF AN OWN GOAL. He must hav been in the wrong zone (inside joke)

Or his £3 pound boots he bought off ebay!

Compliments also go to the crowntown lino who had a solid game

(and definatly was not having a laugh)

thanks crowntown!

I WILL BE TEACHING BEN OLIVER ABOUT WEIGHT OF PASS AT TRAINING ON TUESDAY NIGHT

AT THE RUGBY CLUB, IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED.

THANKS AND OUT.

Hey its different if it goes in off one of own team! And it hardly just hit me and deflected in, it was going wide and i turned it in!!! Anyway as i said, seing as you broke your nose for your troubles, you can have the goal!!!

Hey, i was abit disappointed with the MOM decision, how many people voted? Not to say the player in question didnt have a good game, he did, but there were others who's performances were more promonent.

:c:

Funny how the man of match can often throw up a few suprises, some peoples opinions are vastly different on what makes a man of the match performance but at the end of the day its votes that count and they were as follows; 9 players bothered to vote Dan got 4, John Salmon got 3, I got 1 and Barney got 1.

So obviously breaking your nose and scoring a goal don't count for much :unsure:

What are you on about, i didnt break my nose....oh, sorry you was talking about you! When you mentioned scoring a goal i thought it was me you were talking about!!! :yahoo:

I see what you mean though, people dont seem to vote for people who put in the hard graft, although plenty of people had good games, despite the result. Personally i thought it was between you and me and to get one vote between us (that was my vote for you!!!) seems a little odd? But, hey thats democracy. :c: