Jump to content
Stay At Home -Protect The NHS - Save Lives
Sign in to follow this  
Keith B

England Women 0 - Spain Women 1

Recommended Posts

I think that Phillip Neville has mucked the England Women's team right up. They look awful compared with the team that played under Mark Sampson. They constantly give the ball away and look slow and unsure of themselves.

You can't keep changing the team. Players need to get used to playing with each other. Yes he needs to sort out what his best team is, but injuries apart, he still has most of Mark Sampson's successful squad, plus some players he's brought in.

Personally, I don't think Neville is the right person to manage the England women's team. Have the powers that be asked the Chelsea manager ? Mind you, she now has a new baby and might not want to do the travel expected. Any views or comments ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem to be something of an anomaly that we have women officiating in the (men’s) premier league and managing some of the leading ladies teams, that we have a man at the helm of the national team.

Completely agree with your assessment Keith, Neville is out of his depth, time to give somebody of an appropriate gender/skill set the task!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2020 at 14:07, Bruegel the Elder said:

It does seem to be something of an anomaly that we have women officiating in the (men’s) premier league and managing some of the leading ladies teams, that we have a man at the helm of the national team.

Completely agree with your assessment Keith, Neville is out of his depth, time to give somebody of an appropriate gender/skill set the task!

The Lady manager of Chelsea Women is a proven successful manager Bruegel. She's put together a good team at Chelsea and has got the results. That said, she may not want the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going back a bit,I've always wondered why the ex England manager Hope Powell hasn't been given the opportunity at managing  a men's team say League 1 or 2 level.

But as Keith B has said Emma Hayes would certainly be ideal to take England forward.

However if as might be the case,the Women's Euro's are put back to 2022 then that works in Phil Neville's favour as it would give him an extra year to experiment then a year to play the same team every time injuries permitting.

' Up The Town '

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Going back a bit,I've always wondered why the ex England manager Hope Powell hasn't been given the opportunity at managing  a men's team say League 1 or 2 level.

But as Keith B has said Emma Hayes would certainly be ideal to take England forward.

However if as might be the case,the Women's Euro's are put back to 2022 then that works in Phil Neville's favour as it would give him an extra year to experiment then a year to play the same team every time injuries permitting.

' Up The Town '

Never heard an England supporter sing up the town...Engerland, Engerland, ENGERLAND. 

England not as good as they have been,  and I did notice a bit of a penalty box dive from one of the Spanish girls!

OH NO! not going to creep into the girls game I hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Never heard an England supporter sing up the town...Engerland, Engerland, ENGERLAND. 

England not as good as they have been,  and I did notice a bit of a penalty box dive from one of the Spanish girls!

OH NO! not going to creep into the girls game I hope.

I second that older. I noticed the dive too - if successful in conning the ref, it could catch on in the women's game. I hope not, it's been refreshing to see the total lack of it thus far.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to our paper, Neville is secure in the job of manager. Well, the team have only gone down hill since he took over. The results tell you that, along with the on field performance. As said before, they look uncertain and hesitant and even the quality of passing has dropped off. Both the USA and Spain made us look very ordinary. Mark Sampson must look on and wonder what credentials Neville has got.

Sampson was found not guilty of the charge brought against him and the team loved him and rated him highly - they did not support the young lady who brought the charge against him either. Sampson must feel miffed at what happened. Ok this is water under the bridge now, but one thing is clear to me - England Women (the Lionesses) need a new manager. Neville is not right for the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, St Darren said:

Neville was brought in to increase the profile of the ladies international team

 

9 hours ago, St Darren said:

Neville was brought in to increase the profile of the ladies international team

Presumably because he is one of the two brothers who played for Man U and England. His brother was a better player in my opinion, but failed as a manager in Spain. Results would suggest that Phillip Neville, as yet, has a lot to prove. One thing's for sure - if the Lionesses don't start winning again soon, this manager will have to go. I know he has players out with injury currently but . . . . we will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down guys.  He is giving a number of youngsters their chance.  All that matters is what they do in major competitions not minor events or friendly games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...