Cornwall Football Forum

WE MARCH ON

A tight quarter final with a dramatic ending with Town scoring the winner in the 87th minute. Had a feeling that St Blazey would be a tough nut to crack last night and they certainly were. Well done to them. As for the mighty Falmouth Town, we march on to yet another semi final. Another special day awaits. Decent attendance of over 200 with around 170 F-troop singing their hearts out for the team. The 12th man certainly played their part. Special mention for Luke Johnson(Jono) who was my man of the match with a brilliant display of pace and power ( plus 2 goals).

WE'RE TOWN ALL OVER !!!   

st blazey wcp.PNG

Presume the 12th man you refer to was the young ref, failed to get a grip in the 1st half with some strong tackles going unpunished. Thought Johnson totally lost his head twice in the 1st half, amazed that the ref didn't at least yellow card him. Penalty looked soft from where I was standing, looked like a dive, certainly wasn't hacked down as I read on Twitter last night. Overall a good game. Might even  take in th SF if it's at St Austell.

1 hour ago, Iand said:

Presume the 12th man you refer to was the young ref, failed to get a grip in the 1st half with some strong tackles going unpunished. Thought Johnson totally lost his head twice in the 1st half, amazed that the ref didn't at least yellow card him. Penalty looked soft from where I was standing, looked like a dive, certainly wasn't hacked down as I read on Twitter last night. Overall a good game. Might even  take in th SF if it's at St Austell.

The ref was a bit weak. The 1st half it looked a clear cut pen after the Blazey keeper took out Nixon. But there you go, some decisions go for you, some against. Overall it was a keenly contested game and either could have won it. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

The ref was a bit weak. The 1st half it looked a clear cut pen after the Blazey keeper took out Nixon. But there you go, some decisions go for you, some against. Overall it was a keenly contested game and either could have won it. 

It might have looked a clear cut penalty by Blazey GK from the F Troop end of the ground but from inside the Blazey half it looked a clear cut dive GK never touched him. Falmouth penalty looked a soft one to me but was not surprised the referee gave it and from then on their only looked one winner. 

1 minute ago, Iand said:

It might have looked a clear cut penalty by Blazey GK from the F Troop end of the ground but from inside the Blazey half it looked a clear cut dive GK never touched him. Falmouth penalty looked a soft one to me but was not surprised the referee gave it and from then on their only looked one winner. 

Fair comment on the 1st half penalty shout. We were in the opposite end. 

1 hour ago, Iand said:

I didn't have a good angle to pass verdict on either penalty situation, however was a little surprised when he hadn't given penalty for the first incident that he didn't produce the yellow card for possible simulation?

43 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I didn't have a good angle to pass verdict on either penalty situation, however was a little surprised when he hadn't given penalty for the first incident that he didn't produce the yellow card for possible simulation?

Wasn't impressed by the referee. Let some things go earlier on , and then booked a Blazey and Falmouth player (separate incidents) for very mild tackles , as someone said in another thread he looked like a rabbit lost in headlights. Luckily the match never got out of hand. 

I was sat next to some pretty knowledgeable football people and we all agreed that the first penalty decision had to be either a corner or a penalty. Essentially if the defender got a touch it was a corner and if he didn’t then it had to be a penalty. The only decision he couldn’t make was a goal kick...which of course he gave!