Falmouth Town                  5-0       Sticker

Godolphin Atlantic            2-3     St Blazey

Launceston                       0-3        Helston Athletic

Penzance                           2-2      Camelford

Porthleven                         1-2      St Dennis

Saltash United                    2-2        Mousehole

St Austell                            1-0       Newquay

Wendron United                4-0       Callington Town

Great opportunity for the likes of Godolphin, Wendron, Launceston to be clever here, don't do any work on the pitch, leave it wet, get the game Off & then bring (Helston) up to Launceston midweek, (Callington) down to Wendron on a midweek & (Blazey) with their Plymouth influx down to Godolphin on a midweek where it will be difficult for these sides to travel full strength .. 

48 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Great opportunity for the likes of Godolphin, Wendron, Launceston to be clever here, don't do any work on the pitch, leave it wet, get the game Off & then bring (Helston) up to Launceston midweek, (Callington) down to Wendron on a midweek & (Blazey) with their Plymouth influx down to Godolphin on a midweek where it will be difficult for these sides to travel full strength .. 

Remember people, never post when drunk.

Went and watched the new look G team this afternoon vs St Blazey and thought he we go same old Godolphin with St Blazey dominating the 1st half and going in 2-0 up with 2 goals for Calum Mc Gee ,2nd half the G came out and played some lovely football but found themselves 3 -0 down with a real classy goal from Levi Landricombe who took the ball down and rounded Ethan in the G goal to roll the ball in this was like the Levi of old class player and he showed it this afternoon .A inspired substituion by G manager Andy Savage bringin on Ben Colqhoun who pulled 1 back and then got his 2nd with a well placed header out of St Blazey goalie Steve Frances reach , i was thinking then could get something out of this game after the 1st half was like a shooting range with St Blazey having shot after shot ,but it wasnt to be but a fine display by this young Godolphin team and this team could do really well .Im going to give the mom to St Blazeys Jamie Willmott but it was close between him and Levi Landricombe and mom to the G player the  young No9 hes going to be some player .This game also had the miss of the season by Carl Rickard putting the ball over the crossbar when it looked easier to score from on the goal  line what a miss . This was hard luck on the G They did ok in the 2nd half but its a game of 2 halfs and the 1st half must go to Blazey .I was hoping to see Glynn Hobbs back playing but he wasnt there but they did have Callum Kenny to bring on so they do have a lot of good strikers . Im hoping by some miracle Godolphin do get to stat in this division but its not looking good .Well done St blazey and also Andy Savage and the G army and also well done to the officials 1 woas my old neighbour Anita Next weekend me and my Smokie dog take a trip to Sticker to watch my title favourites Helston play and where we meet our friends Ollie and Neil .Have a good week everyone it was good to get back watching footy and  Special praise to Tania for getting the pitch looking so good for the match to go ahead

Saltash 2 Mousehole (and the referee) 2

Yes Not good form to dis the referee. Let's say, he was slightly none neutral. Heck he didnt even know which Saltash player to book at one point. Thank god the linesmen were good.

1st half was Mousehole, 2nd half Ashes.  The so called injuries that Mousehole claimed including the unseen sniper in the main stand which led to the greatest recovery since a certain individual rose from the grave over 2000 years ago when he won the free kick and the head injury which looked almost like an air ambulance job until he won the free kick when he recovered to take the same free kick..... you get why there was much jeering from us home fans. And the ref fell for it time after time, after time....

Shame really. Come and play football and play fair huh Mousehole. When they did, Mousehole were good. But not that good. 

Sounds a bit bitter... losing a bit of ground in the title race will do that to a person I guess

If Mousehole were better in the first half and Saltash in the second, then a draw is a fair result. 

The ref can only give a decision based on his own personal interpretation. You deemed him one sided and that is your opinion. I wasn’t there so I won’t give my opinion. 

Plenty of games left to try and catch the Blues from Kellaway Park

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched the new look G team this afternoon vs St Blazey and thought he we go same old Godolphin with St Blazey dominating the 1st half and going in 2-0 up with 2 goals for Calum Mc Gee ,2nd half the G came out and played some lovely football but found themselves 3 -0 down with a real classy goal from Levi Landricombe who took the ball down and rounded Ethan in the G goal to roll the ball in this was like the Levi of old class player and he showed it this afternoon .A inspired substituion by G manager Andy Savage bringin on Ben Colqhoun who pulled 1 back and then got his 2nd with a well placed header out of St Blazey goalie Steve Frances reach , i was thinking then could get something out of this game after the 1st half was like a shooting range with St Blazey having shot after shot ,but it wasnt to be but a fine display by this young Godolphin team and this team could do really well .Im going to give the mom to St Blazeys Jamie Willmott but it was close between him and Levi Landricombe and mom to the G player the  young No9 hes going to be some player .This game also had the miss of the season by Carl Rickard putting the ball over the crossbar when it looked easier to score from on the goal  line what a miss . This was hard luck on the G They did ok in the 2nd half but its a game of 2 halfs and the 1st half must go to Blazey .I was hoping to see Glynn Hobbs back playing but he wasnt there but they did have Callum Kenny to bring on so they do have a lot of good strikers . Im hoping by some miracle Godolphin do get to stat in this division but its not looking good .Well done St blazey and also Andy Savage and the G army and also well done to the officials 1 woas my old neighbour Anita Next weekend me and my Smokie dog take a trip to Sticker to watch my title favourites Helston play and where we meet our friends Ollie and Neil .Have a good week everyone it was good to get back watching footy and  Special praise to Tania for getting the pitch looking so good for the match to go ahead

Thought the young ref had a good game. Kept the game flowing, no cards shown to either side. 

16 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Cheers Mate, we are improving and getting better each game, there's plenty of fight and effort in the squad it won't be long before we start winning again. Our No. 9 was Sam Blackwood who was excellent yesterday as were alot of the squad. My MOM went to our No.8 Ash Winkworth, but like I said I thought especially second half the lads were excellent. Blazey are a tough side especially with the forward line they have, although I presume Carl was just taking it easier in one of his old sides with that 3 or 4 yard miss at the end.

Good luck to Blazey for the remainder of the season.

Lastly brilliant comment from a Blazey support at the final whistle not celebrating the win but celebrating no yellow or red cards haha

Went along yesterday to poltair to watch St austell vs Newquay. Very poor game lacking a lot of quality played on a poor surface. St austell just about scraped it with a late penalty although they missed a penalty in the first half

Down to 10 before half time as Giles was sent for a poor challenge (very unlike him) although that didn't stop his moaning about it

Newquay looked poor in front of goal serval chances wasted. New Town signing stu bowker who looked overweight unfit and slow scored the winning penalty just about squeezed it home. how the club must miss the days of edds and goldie up front they against a good side they will struggle to create anything 

Great game at Kimberley yesterday, two great sides who will IMO finish in the top two this season with Helston finishing 3rd. Rheiss McLean far too good for this standard of football, should be playing much higher. 

Great win for St Austell as well against a good Newquay side, how many times has Giles been sent off recently? Players & management must be fed up of that by now?

LAUNCESTON 0 HELSTON ATHLETIC 3

Attendance: Head count technology peaked at 67 (not counting the boozers in the bar)

With Saltash held to a draw you could sense the excitement of Massey's Marauders as they danced around the Pennygillam dug outs.

Launceston certainly gave em a game, in fact they were unlucky not to be leading half an hour in. The home side battled hard throughout but lacked that killer pass and the clinical finish, something Helston gave them a lesson in, the Neil Slateford goal would have won any MoTD Goal of the Month Competition.

Must say the Ground Staff did a superb job in giving the sides a playable surface, so nice to watch a game in pleasant surroundings without the risk of getting wet through.

Suppose the big question is whether this Helston outfit are as good as Saltash? Well they applied an all round game plan very well on this showing, with a cunning blend of experience, youth and commitment they look strong all over the pitch. Not sure if they've got the dangerous hitman attack that Saltash unleash but (given a sniff) they still have people who put the ball in the net.

I reckon it'll go down to the last few games and have a worry that the number of matches in too few days may have a big say on the outcome (which is a sad way to decide a title). People need to realise it's not an SWPL enforced 'season closure date' but a stipulation being enforced by the FA.

As for Launceston, they seem to have a solid nucleus of players and just need that extra impetus or bit of ruthless magic to finish things off, the club have certainly got hope for the future on this showing.

Enjoyable enough game, drifted a bit in the last quarter, nice cup of tea from the friendly ladies in the Tea Hut.

Match Rating 6/10

DSC_0022.JPG

The situation hasn’t really changed.  I think Saltash we’re always going to have to beat Helston twice and that remains the case. 

Had they lost the game yesterday then that would be a different story all together. Important comeback in terms of the title race.  

I see Helston host Saltash on Saturday week. 

21 hours ago, Footballlover442 said:

Went along yesterday to poltair to watch St austell vs Newquay. Very poor game lacking a lot of quality played on a poor surface. St austell just about scraped it with a late penalty although they missed a penalty in the first half

Down to 10 before half time as Giles was sent for a poor challenge (very unlike him) although that didn't stop his moaning about it

Newquay looked poor in front of goal serval chances wasted. New Town signing stu bowker who looked overweight unfit and slow scored the winning penalty just about squeezed it home. how the club must miss the days of edds and goldie up front they against a good side they will struggle to create anything 

Fair assessment of the game. Thought Giler was very unlucky, I was right next to where it happened - clear foul and probable yellow , but Ref asked linesman was he last man, which he was looking across the line and gave red - I thought it had to be a ‘clear goal scoring opportunity’ which 25 yards out on the diagonal with covering CB’s it wasn’t? That said the first penalty (miss) looked a dive. I missed the actual goal as was bored and left to watch the rugby.

Why St Austell are wasting money on Stu Bowker (I know DP was away but Bowyer was an unused sub) - he offers nothing other than consistent moaning and falling over and he doesn’t come cheap??

St Austell keep sneaking the points and with the fixture backlog of others increasing the chances of a decent finish. 

One down side was the constant and vitriolic abuse the lineman was given all game by the St Austell supporters after Giler was sent off, he answered the question given by the ref - he never said it should be red. 

Clear red for giler. Newquay attacker is through on goal only Chapman to beat when giler rugby tackles him. Tom Chambers wasn't getting there on the cover 

First penalty. Probably a dive couldn't see it that well but was well saved by Peters who had a solid game in the Newquay sticks 

Would like to see bowker and bowyer together at some point although stu isn't my type of player at all to slow and goes down at the slightest touch 

With the fixture back log can definitely see st austell getting a top 3 finish which would be massive for knighter who had to almost re build the side at the start of the season 

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t football at this level about winning games?? Everyone says that Saltash are the better footballing and they should win the title. I’m sorry but the team with the most points at the end of the season is the best team in the league. 
Yes Saltash play some great football, but everyone said that about Mousehole and Helston have beaten them 3 times this season. 
I think people jump on the bandwagon about disliking Helston because of the rumoured amount of money put into the squad. How many games have people watched Helston and thought they would lose it and actually have... 

The best team over the course of the season will win the title, regardless of the how many passes they make before they shoot

On 08/03/2020 at 13:31, Shaun Harrogate said:

Great game at Kimberley yesterday, two great sides who will IMO finish in the top two this season with Helston finishing 3rd. Rheiss McLean far too good for this standard of football, should be playing much higher.

Not a supporter of either Saltash, Helston or Mousehole however honestly don't see Helston finishing 3rd. Have you done the maths or were you under the influence when you made your post ? 

7 hours ago, Gary S said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but isn’t football at this level about winning games?? Everyone says that Saltash are the better footballing and they should win the title. I’m sorry but the team with the most points at the end of the season is the best team in the league. 
Yes Saltash play some great football, but everyone said that about Mousehole and Helston have beaten them 3 times this season. 
I think people jump on the bandwagon about disliking Helston because of the rumoured amount of money put into the squad. How many games have people watched Helston and thought they would lose it and actually have... 

The best team over the course of the season will win the title, regardless of the how many passes they make before they shoot

Or In this circumstance could it be the best team are the victims of their own success, due to still being in all cup competitions mixed with a crazy winter now have a ridiculous back log of games 

Made the trip to Pennygillam to watch Launceston and in my opinion, now the favourites to lift the League title in Helston Athletic.

Have to echo someone's comments above about the state of the pitch, considering how much rain we have had, to get this game on is a credit to the ground staff and committee at Launceston. 

An extremely professional performance from this Helston side, who always looked as though they had a few more gears to go through if needed and the points never really looked in doubt.

Take nothing away from Launceston, they worked hard and made life difficult for their opponents at times and, seemed to have now turned a corner from when I last seen them.

Was good to see Liam Eddy back on the bench for Helston, a great Striker and sure it won't be long before he is back in the starting 11 which could be on Wednesday night when they face Callington at Kellaway Park.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season in what was a decent game to watch.

20 hours ago, Gary S said:

Rumoured? !! for someone that is involved with the team you are either in denial or have no clue whats going on, next you will be saying its only a rumour that most of the players are from North Cornwall/Devon, lets not beat around the bush there is silly amounts of money being pumped into the team and he will have to spend more if they get promoted the question is will people like you still be around when the money has dried up?

Blind and in denial I am not! As you obviously know me, you know I am not there for a pay check.

I’m a Helston lad with no interest in any amounts of money, just happy to be at the club I live around the corner from.

Like I said before, the best team in the league finishes top at the end of the season. Will be an interesting run in