Cornwall Football Forum

Leicester v Argyle

Frodo....you are chearfull tonight. What a result, after all thats been said and done, 3points at anyones ground is superb. Proud to be green tonight. Gutted i didnt go. But a week on tuesday I will be at Southampton. Another 3 points there would be fantastic!! :drink:

Argyle deserved it,at least they tried to play football.

Leicester were awful,although they should have had a penalty near the end but they got nothing and thats what we deserved.

Just read on the Leicester footy forum that Holloway still has the City players in the dressing room,should take them straight down the tip on the way home. ;0) :(

A Argyle fan I take it. Good man if you are. How good to know Argyle gave it everything tonight. You have to remember also, we sold some of our better players, Leicester had a striker who they paid well over a milion for!! Leicester a big club.....dont mak e me laugh!!

Actually I`m a Leicester fan Paul,have been all my footballing life,unfortunately what i watched tonight from my team never even got close to looking like football. ;0) :(

I have only just managed to watch a tape of the game and what a cracker Apart from the opening 10 minutes or so Leicester were never really in it until the last 10 minutes. What I couldn't understand was why the Sky presenters seemed to back Hollowords's version of the events leading up to the game.

I think someone should be given the facts. Holloword did not go out and sign Halmosi and Timor. They were sent over from Hungary on trial and not even Holloword could look a gift horse in the mouth.

As far as the game was concerned to play such excellent football on such a bad pitch takes an awful lot of skill and Argyle had it in abundance.

Another thing I could not understand was why their big lad up front was not sent off for trying to take McCormack's head off. And again the sky pundits were as one, no he didn't swing his arm it was just him trying to gain height They even said the guy looked at the keeper before making his challenge And yes he did and then disgracefully forearmed him in the face. Straight red and he would have not argued about it.

All round the pitch man for man Argyle were much the better outfit. Easter deserves a medal for his lone ranger act. Did you notice at times Argyle when they broke quickly had more attackers in the box than Leicester had defenders. MacLean also worked his socks off for the team. Nallis said he needed less games because he was getting old, but he was superb as was Abdou both go about their game using their heads and their ability which was good to see. I didn't realise how good Paterson was, when he is fully fit and integrated into the team he will be superb. Paul Connolly and Gary Sawyer both did their jobs well and helped keep Argyles defecne tight. Timar was immense it just shows what a mixture of brawn and brain can do. As was the pace and intelegence of Doumbe. McCormick was superb I am a great Larrieu fan but McCormick was immense. Halmosi had everyone drooling over his ability and work rate. Yes he got a bit excited at times in front of goal but he will learn.

So all in all a cracking game, a great win an dpoor old Holloword will continue to struggle out of his depth. Will he still be their at the end of the season, after all he did tell their chairman where he was going wrong.

And where Sky got 1,500 to 1,800 Argyle fans from is a surprise, Argyle's own extimate was about 3,000. Argyle regularly take masses of fans to away games.

Come on Sturrock, you did it before and you can do it again, maybe not this season but almost certain the next.

It just shows how much Leicester like to enjoy watching their team. Yesterdays gate was only just above their lowest since Holloword took over. And then it was only because Argyle took nearly 3,000 fans there. I think he may possibly survive until Easter but I'm not to sure.

Leicester are a terrific club I've been there many times, very familiy orientated but they won't turn out each week to watch that type of rubbish.

It just shows that a manager who openly told the chairman where he was going wrong can sow the seeds of his own demise. You can have as much money as you like to spend but you have to have the ability to choose the right players and to be tactically astute.

I wouldn't like to see Leicester relegated but they may under this chappy.

Guest Sport Lover

Although it hurts me to say it but well done Arglye yesterday, I wonder what Hollowords is thinking now!!

4 points behind you lot now.

Come on you hoops!!!

Guest postman pat

when holloword was interviewed on sky he said he took argyle to 4th and now they are twelth.he forgot to mention that he has taken leicester from 17th to 20th.stick that up your fox's arse.

going down,going down,going down,going down,going down,going down. :smiley20::clapper::thumbsup:

come on you greens :c:

Guest danny-efc-pafc

i dont understand, why ppl think argyle are going places, i watched argyle all last season missed 1 home game and enjoyed it good fans, but got no money to attract big players or players that are going to make a difference and push them into the prem, not players from lower leagues (jermain easter, rory fallon, jamie mackie) its stupid. you want people who have proved them selfs at this level all the good players have gone, the only place argyle are going is down

I thought Argyle deserved the 3 points from this match and against Leicester they were even more precious.

The new players that Luggy has signed will still need time to gel together, but the signs are all there and they should get it together soon. Paterson had a great game, and like someone said, when fully fit, he will be a great prospect.

Well done the men in Green!

Guest postman pat

holloword said on sky sports that argyle were 4th when he left and now they are 12th so he must be a bad manager.he forgot to mention he has taken leicester from 17th to 20th and possibly div.1 if he stays in the job long enough,lets hope mandric is as loyal as he is :P

argyle are 2points off a play off place not bad for a struggling team :thumbsup::drink: :c:

Lets be fair Argyle have had a torrid time since luggy came to clear up the mess Holloword instigated. I'm afraid the fella is fast becoming a joke at Leicester. First he tells the chairman where he has gone wrong at the club, then he pillories there fans for booing his players On todays LCFC web site he said ' I just think we have a fundamental problem here'. And we all know what that is don't we. He dind't seem to have a clue stuck in the dug out while luggy spent the whole of the game urging and encouraging his players.

Oh boy how the Argyle fans loved this one and it was on tv for everyone to see. Lets hope they can keep it going tomorrow although I think they will be pretty tired.

Guest postman pat

like you said eclp.argyle looked a tired team last night. even against 10men.barnsley seemed to find more space than we did.i know it is always harder to play against 10men.good to see 2 new boys on the score sheet.£145,000 what a waste of money for mackie :P dont you just love it when you can tell people where to shove it!!! not to get carried away though. the good thing for me is that argyle did not play well but still kept a clean sheet.

all the excitement was in the barnpark end.apparently some young kid hit a steward and then you saw stewards and police running from everywhere i thought there would be a riot but luckily it all died down after some aggressive chanting.

2points off the playoffs the dream lives on oooh! and by the way leicester lost :yahoo::yahoo:

going down,going down,going down :c:

Not gone quiet,just pissed off with what is going on at the club i have supported since i was a boy,just wish Holloway had not left Argyle,dont get me wrong i think he is a good coach and the way he went about his departure was wrong,but now i get grief from Argyle fans? as well as Derby & Forest fans,remember,the Chairman appointed him not the supporters. ;0(

Proud of my Club,life member of the Supporters club,and been to Wembley quite a few times as well,League cup finals 3,won 2, play off finals 4,won 2 and a been to couple of FA Cup semis as well with City.

Leicester CIty are one of the few clubs in English football that have never been out of the,top two divisions so i just hope that we dont go down,so its a great record and i hope for the fans sake we hang on to it. :unsure:

Not gone quiet,just pissed off with what is going on at the club i have supported since i was a boy,just wish Holloway had not left Argyle,dont get me wrong i think he is a good coach and the way he went about his departure was wrong,but now i get grief from Argyle fans? as well as Derby & Forest fans,remember,the Chairman appointed him not the supporters. ;0(

Proud of my Club,life member of the Supporters club,and been to Wembley quite a few times as well,League cup finals 3,won 2, play off finals 4,won 2 and a been to couple of FA Cup semis as well with City.

Leicester CIty are one of the few clubs in English football that have never been out of the,top two divisions so i just hope that we dont go down,so its a great record and i hope for the fans sake we hang on to it. :unsure:

didnt mean any offence dermot just ribbing you your right it is a shame but as supporters your lumbered with the board and there decisions I thought holloway was a strange choice but then people wer tipping you for promotion at the beginning of the season what with all the signings you made yet it has gone completly the opposite way and you are now struggling at the other end of the table.

I'm still basking in the Leicester win. And then we go and play crap (did someone say) but still beat Barnsley with goals from so called nobodys. So they went down to 10 men Nobody asked the player to be sent off, he did it all by himself

As I said Argyle went through hell in January and yet these so called useless players went out and won two games on the trot and don't concede a goal. And what does Hollowrod's team go and do, yep - lose again. How much longer is this conman going to be in his job, Easter if he is lucky. No more than he deserves.

Come on Luggy, you know how to do it and we are 8th. And leicester are 20th. Nuff said

Oh and also been a bit quiet at the moment as it was my 19 year old son Daniel that had the broken bottle pushed into his face in Barracuda nightcub on friday night while Prince William was in there,30 stiches in his cheek,10 in his hand where he tried to stop a second blow,night in Treliske,so not feeling too good at the moment.

Daniel played for Wadebridge 2nds now signed on for Godolphin but is injured at the minute thats why he was out on Friday,no footy injury and he would have been tucked up in bed,aint life a bitch eh,so the goings on with Argyle beating Leicester and being above us in the league dont really interest me at the moment but as always life goes on. ;0/

Guest postman pat

hope daniel will be okay dermot.it is a sad world we live in when you cannot go out and enjoy yourself.

still hope leicester get relegated tho :clapper: thanks for taking holloword off our hands :thumbsup: :c:

Guest Bushranger

for all you holloway haters!! from bbc sport!!

Foxes miss out on winger Sinclair

Scott Sinclair has been used sparingly by Chelsea (Getty Images)

Leicester City have been told they are not good enough to sign teenage Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair on loan.

Foxes boss Ian Holloway was eager to bring the 18-year-old to the Walkers Stadium and thought he was on the verge of getting his man.

But Holloway told BBC Radio Leicester: "We have now been told we can't have him. Chelsea do not want to let him go to a team that's where we are.

"There's one struck off that we had half-planned and half-promised.

Sinclair is back at Stamford Bridge after a loan spell at QPR but has fallen down the pecking order following Florent Malouda's return to fitness.

Holloway thought he had a good chance of landing the England youth international but has been told they want him to play for a side near the top of the Championship table.

He added: "If they do loan him out they want to loan him to a club with a chance of getting in the play-offs because they want him to experience that."

Holloway was also previously manager of Bristol Rovers, from whom Sinclair joined the Premier League giants in July 2005.

What chances ex Derby boss Billy Davies taking over from Ollie Holloword next week.

Setanta Sports said Milan Mandaric has cooled rumours that Davies is taking over from him.

I expect it will depend on the result today against Norwich City. especially if Leicester lose.