Cornwall Football Forum

Right! That would mean the end of Truro City. I really can't see the Stadium for (West) Cornwall getting off the ground in time for City to ever play there with its gates of 500 packing the 6000 capacity ground! Shame no City supporter ever won Euromillions so that Treyew could be bought to settle the farce once and for all. Such a shame.

Though, of course, it is just a rumour.

15 hours ago, Jacob Englefield said:

I have just seen this post so hence the delay in replying. At a meeting on Wednesday evening with one of the majority shareholders, this particular arrangement wasn't mentioned. Purely because I hadn't heard of it. However, what was discussed was the latest news on both the Stadium for Cornwall and Treyew Road. The Stadium update has been made public on various websites. As for Treyew Road, the club have been quite open in the fact that they will stay at Treyew Road as long as physically possible. However, they are realistic about the situation. Therefore, keeping any options open.

So when does the work on the Stadium actually start then Jacob?

• 3 weeks later...
On 26 March 2020 at 10:11, deancourt said:

By the time this coronavirus thing is over, I doubt that the construction industry will see the development of Treyew Road as a priority. Will the developers have the money to proceed? Will any retailers have the money to proceed?

I agree. I expect that the development of Treyew Road will be put off for a few years.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Does anyone actually know what the latest is on any development of Treyew Road anyway? Presumably Lidl walked away from it and wasn't the commercial planning approval or whatever expiring?

Normal protocol is planning lasts 7 years...not started in that time it lapses. 

I assume it's still the same.