Cornwall Football Forum
ECPL

RRL ECPL; FOR SATURDAY/WEDNESDAY 29th February and 4th March

League Cup semi final 

Mount Gould 4 Foxhole 1

St Dominick 7 Plymouth Marjon 1 (Played at Marjon)  

League 

Looe Town 1 Torpoint Athletic 2

All other matches postponed 

Wednesday Both 7:30pm

Newquay 5 St Cleer 5

St Blazey v Gerrans & St Mawes (Postponed)

WEATHER PERMITTING 

4 minutes ago, Grassrootsgary said:

Just seen on the St Dominic Facebook page that their semi final vs Marjon has now been reversed and is being played at marjon for a 3 o clock ko, well done to all involved getting that game played 👍🏼

Will you be present tomorrow Gaz, interested to hear your predictions for tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, Massive88 said:

Will you be present tomorrow Gaz, interested to hear your predictions for tomorrow! 

I was tempted by the mount Gould foxhole tie but after watching st dom a couple weeks back think I may go and watch the game out at marjon 

I predict wins for both st dom and foxhole

26 minutes ago, Maybenextyear said:

MG have applied to Devon league for next season

League not a done deal yet for MG, they haven’t played Foxhole, St Dom or St Minver and have to go away to Veryan and Torpoint

Be interesting to see how they get on against the better sides, think they may get found out

1 hour ago, Jason Prynne said:

Mount Gould will win the league,hopefully St Dominick win the cup then MG can return to Plymouth & them off rather than slag cornwall off even though they "ASKED" to play in our county 

Yes,Jason, and YOUR club was among those that VOTED them in the League.

The meeting I went to they wer already excepted before the meeting as the league panicked as they wer struggling for numbers but at the the time I didn't know there history so if I was asked I would of voted them in .There the best team in the league but with the worst attitude 

MG have applied for the Devon league but have been rejected. Didn’t meet 1 of the 5 requirements needed. Application to match day referees I believe it was. Not a surprise considering they have the worst disciplinary record in the league.. was rather hoping they’d go back over where they belong.. no place for a team like that in the east Cornwall league where teams want to play football and not be subject to vile abuse from players and fans of MG. 

Mount Gould no different to say Bodmin / blazey / Falmouth for abuse or player discipline. Would say mount Gould are just looking to progress a a club . Most of the players have played at high standard and prob too good for that standard really  but no reason to want them out the league. 

Should enjoy testing yourself against them and I bet the crowds are bigger when the turn up. 

2 hours ago, #back said:

MG have applied for the Devon league but have been rejected. Didn’t meet 1 of the 5 requirements needed. Application to match day referees I believe it was. Not a surprise considering they have the worst disciplinary record in the league.. was rather hoping they’d go back over where they belong.. no place for a team like that in the east Cornwall league where teams want to play football and not be subject to vile abuse from players and fans of MG. 

Sounds like bit of payback by the boys and girls in black. 

Revenge is always best served cold as the saying goes.

They'll have to pull their socks up methinks! 

Marjons 1 Doms 7

7-0 at halftime through Ryallx2, Jefferyx2, Barrett, Searle and Searle.

Credit to Marjons in the second half who defended well, and grabbed a late consolation.

Looking forward to the final against Mount Gould 💛🖤

I had a visit to Mount Gould v Foxhole Stars today . Firstly I would like to thank both teams for a great hard fought but enjoyable match to officiate, Congratulations to Mount Gould for the win , but 4–1 didn’t really state how well Foxhole played . This is the second time I have visited Mount Gould this season and both games were hard fought affairs. I have to say that on both occasions I have been received very well and totally with respect by All the stall at Mount Gould, yes they may not be the easiest team to officiate but I found them hard but passionate, which is not a bad thing. So I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Mount Gould for a superb afternoon with hospitality Back at the pub hard to match , all credit must go to the ladies in the tea hut , cup of tea on arrival, half time and I’m sure if required at the end too . Thanks to Kerry the secretary.  Finally good luck to both sides for the rest of the season . Oh and congrats to St Dominick as well for reaching the final too .

Looe 1-2 Torpoint Athletic

Glad to finally get a game on after what felt like a long spell out. Pitch wasn’t in a good state at the end and Looe are home again next week. 
I can’t recall the last time I played at Looe where any goal was scored at the top end. Torpoint had a game plan from the off and defended the bottom goal resolutely for the majority of the first half. Conceding few set pieces is always key and superb kicking into the wind from M.Westall allowed the outfielders to defend higher up the pitch. Looe did score the only goal of the half from a very quick break after Torpoint’s no.9 was caught in possession in Looe’s third. A ball down the right channel was well saved, only for the rebound to fall to Looe’s left winger. 
Torpoint did create their own chances in the first half, with Robbins hitting the crossbar and having a goal ruled out for offside (Wrongly IMO) 1-0 HT

Second half was about putting the pressure on Looe’s defence and using the elements to keep knocking on the door. Countless corners were swing in by Robbins and Hussey, and a pube’s contact on any of them would've resulted in a goal. Two superb saves from the home keeper came from free kicks from the same two set pieces takers. A second equaliser came from a C.Westall overhead, with the linesman again ruling it out, again to Torpoint’s dismay! 
With time running out, the pressure finally told, but cruelly on Looe’s part. A huge deflection from a Yousefi 25yd effort saw the ball loop over the impressive keeper on approx 85mins. It wasn’t long after that, that substitute Bahroz Zad showed great composure inside the 18 to side foot low to the keeper’s right hand side for the winner. A great feeling for us, but Looe were maybe 2mins away from a point. Fully deserved though for Torpoint IMO. A good win in tough conditions where not everyone will come away happy. 

With yet another “Free” Saturday a few of us Saints went to watch MG v Foxhole expecting a cracker. Wind had its own ideas and gave MG the momentum in the first half to go in 2 nil up. Foxhole had the wind behind them second half but didn’t use it in their favour. From one of their countless long balls they won an early penalty to make it 2-1 and we thought “game on”.  Unfortunately not, MG kept the ball down and played football while Foxhole hit long hopefull balls down the throat of the keeper much to the annoyance of the Foxhole strikers. For all of Foxhole big players they didn’t ever challenge or pressure MG.

congrats to MG and St Dom for reaching the final 👏🏻

3 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

Surprised the game was on ! Any problems with the M.G  players or supporters,John?

Pitch was surprisingly good condition.  As for the players and supporters very well behave , players were vocal but so were the opponents,  two cautions one each a sinn bin and a foul . All in all.oretty good .

14 hours ago, Massive88 said:

Marjons 1 Doms 7

Credit to Marjons in the second half who defended well, and grabbed a late consolation.

Marjons 1 Doms 7

Marjons 1 Doms 7

I was the referee for this game credit to both teams played there part and well done st.dom on reaching the final and well done marjons on the second half

1 hour ago, THE LYNX AFFECT said:

I was the referee for this game credit to both teams played there part and well done st.dom on reaching the final and well done marjons on the second half

Having barely played a game in 2020 due to postponements, Marjons needed a strong start against a St Dom side that hard scored 51 goals and conceded only 5 in their last 8 games to stand a chance of progression. Having lost the toss and playing against the very strong wind, Marjons started ok and scored a goal which was ruled out for offside (dubiously I’m told but couldn’t see from my angle). That ‘goal’ was probably the warning Dom needed who then proceeded to control the entire first half, scoring freely throughout although it must be said, some abysmal defending from the home team gifted Dom many of those chances. 7-0 half time and the scoreline reflected the game, Marjons were given a lesson on finding space, passing quickly and putting teams under pressure when in possession. 

The second half was different affair. Win the second half was the message, cut out the silly mistakes and show some pride. Credit to the Marjons lads (8 of starting side are 18 or younger), they did just that. Dom probably dropped off a bit to be fair but chances were at a premium and Marjons managed to pull one back from a corner. Something to build on...

Good luck to St Dom in the final, said it before and first half showed it again yesterday, the best team we have played all season. 

Should be a great final with the best 2 teams playing imo. MG have a lot of experience and quality players, tough one to call

3 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

With yet another “Free” Saturday a few of us Saints went to watch MG v Foxhole expecting a cracker. Wind had its own ideas and gave MG the momentum in the first half to go in 2 nil up. Foxhole had the wind behind them second half but didn’t use it in their favour. From one of their countless long balls they won an early penalty to make it 2-1 and we thought “game on”.  Unfortunately not, MG kept the ball down and played football while Foxhole hit long hopefull balls down the throat of the keeper much to the annoyance of the Foxhole strikers. For all of Foxhole big players they didn’t ever challenge or pressure MG.

congrats to MG and St Dom for reaching the final 👏🏻

Foxhole, long ball, surely not?!

The Mount Gould Tothill Enclosure appeared to be a pretty friendly venue from what I encountered.

Apparently Wayne Gamble (Manager) had been out forking early morning (forking I said) and we were miraculously presented with a perfect playing surface.

Extremely competitive encounter but little fancy dan skills on show.

MG utilised the wind first half to profitable reward. Foxhole tried the same after half time but Mount Gould had too much resolve.

Enjoyed the game, a visit report & some snaps are on the 'Wheres The Tea Hut' site (see link)

https://wherestheteahut.blogspot.com/

DSC_0031.thumb.JPG.03ad0cdbc0ab10ebcd1b7180b1662325.JPG  

Excellent piece about Mount Gould Uwdi Krugg.  Its great to see someone with so much passion for the game for giving everyone a taste of football at this level.  Long may it continue