Helston Athletic                   P-P         St Dennis

Launceston                          P-P             Camelford

Liskeard Athletic                  P-P             Mousehole

Penzance                               0-3          Bodmin Town

Porthleven                            3-2          Sticker

Saltash United                      3-0             Newquay

St Austell                            4-1             Callington Town

St Blazey                                P-P          Wadebridge Town

Very disrespectfulinterview  by Darren Gilbert  (Bodmin  manager) on BBC Radio Cornwall this evening. Knocking Penzance for refusing to reschedule  today's game as Bodmin had players away ON A STAG WEEKEND.  Sorry Darren  but if your players decide to go away in the middle of a season why should your fixtured opponents bale you out. Well done Penzance  for standing firm.  Bodmin won so why whinge? I Await Leeds response eagerly 😂

1 hour ago, Clubman said:

Very disrespectfulinterview  by Darren Gilbert  (Bodmin  manager) on BBC Radio Cornwall this evening. Knocking Penzance for refusing to reschedule  today's game as Bodmin had players away ON A STAG WEEKEND.  Sorry Darren  but if your players decide to go away in the middle of a season why should your fixtured opponents bale you out. Well done Penzance  for standing firm.  Bodmin won so why whinge? I Await Leeds response eagerly 😂

Penzance 0-3 Bodmin, at a very tired run down Penlee Park. Used to be one of my favourite places to visit. Should be doing a lot better with their facilities, support & size of the town . A few disgruntled magpie supporters on leaving the ground discussing what direction the club are going in. Anyway, Penzance 0-3 Bodmin

24 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Penzance 0-3 Bodmin, at a very tired run down Penlee Park. Used to be one of my favourite places to visit. Should be doing a lot better with their facilities, support & size of the town . A few disgruntled magpie supporters on leaving the ground discussing what direction the club are going in. Anyway, Penzance 0-3 Bodmin

Don’t think it’s where Penzance are going Leeds, think it’s more a case of, where is Cornish football going  !!!

26 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

A truly abysmal game of football. Bodmin have dropped so far it is ridiculous. It was like watching 2 p and d teams, a lot of overweight unfit players on both teams. If any of these players r on more than a tenner a game they r very lucky

26 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

Don’t think it’s where Penzance are going Leeds, think it’s more a case of, where is Cornish football going  !!!

Nothing wrong with Cornish football at Kimberley Stadium.  A quite brilliant display from saltash beating a Newquay team who had their keeper to thank for keeping the score line at 3-0 

3 hours ago, Clubman said:

Wanting to reschedule with all the pp's and backlog of games this season is comical 

St Austell 4 v 1 Callington

A comfortable win by St Austell but a very poor game. Simple fact was St Austell had 4/5 players who were far better than anything Callinton had, with the exception of the Callington keeper who was excellent, despite a ‘howler’ to give St Austell the decisive third goal. If you didn’t know the league standings you would have described the game as an average team against a poor team but another 3 points for St Austell and with the backlog of games coming up their points achieved will stand them in very good stead. 

As an aside to see this game a ‘team of the week’ contender is a real surprise - I know there was only 6 games but surely there were better games played - Saltash beating a good Newquay team or Porthleven coming back from 2-0 down to win?

Saltash United 3 Newquay 0

Head Count: 98

Firstly, what a tremendous achievement from Saltash to provide a decent playing surface for this encounter. Considering the rainfall we've had it was an outstanding effort. Thank you.

Watching this top class Saltash outfit at Kimberley Park reminds me of going along to games from the glory days of the 70's, places like Anfield, Old Trafford & Elland Road when the quality of football was superb but it was just a case of how many the home side would canter home by.

No disrespect to this Newquay side, they have genuine quality in their ranks but on todays showing they were badly let down by a major lack of discipline which erupted into habitual repetitive instances of dissent. Not only were red and yellow cards flagged at the visitors (management) bench Newquay were down to 9 men for the start of the second half & never seemed to have more than 10 players on the field throughout the entire 90 minutes.

Regardless of individual creativity no side can hope to live with this Saltash machine without total unity and composure. The home side duly stamped their authority.

Lots of people on this forum have commented that Saltash are the best side they've seen this season, I have to agree with them.

I'm hoping to catch a Helston performance again soon which may swing my calculation but they'll have to be really on the ball to be better than the football Saltash served up here.

I understand Saltash were trying out a few new idea's and player interchanges which makes the total performance rating even better. If you've not sampled it yourself my advice is get it well you can at any Saltash game soon, you won't be disappointed.

Match Rating 7/10

Saltash deservedly winning comfortably after an impressive 1st half performance . Poor discipline from Newquay who never gave themselves a chance however the officiating on show was disgusting, referee very arrogant making wrong decisions with both sets of players getting frustrated when he started dishing cards out for minor tackles, the penalty in the first half was never a pen he was probs making up for the blatant one he missed when the defender was all over the no 9’s back. The older linesman’s was useless as well did nothing to help out with decisions.  Understand that without refs we wouldn’t have a game however they choose to do the job and get paid so need to be doing a half decent job and put there egos aside. Saltash best side in the league by far and should go on the win.

2 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Saltash deservedly winning comfortably after an impressive 1st half performance . Poor discipline from Newquay who never gave themselves a chance however the officiating on show was disgusting, referee very arrogant making wrong decisions with both sets of players getting frustrated when he started dishing cards out for minor tackles, the penalty in the first half was never a pen he was probs making up for the blatant one he missed when the defender was all over the no 9’s back. The older linesman’s was useless as well did nothing to help out with decisions.  Understand that without refs we wouldn’t have a game however they choose to do the job and get paid so need to be doing a half decent job and put there egos aside. Saltash best side in the league by far and should go on the win.

Totally agree. I have been saying this for years, they all have big egos and along with the money they are being paid should perform a lot better. Little wonder players become frustrated !

22 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

A comfortable win by St Austell but a very poor game. Simple fact was St Austell had 4/5 players who were far better than anything Callinton had, with the exception of the Callington keeper who was excellent, despite a ‘howler’ to give St Austell the decisive third goal. If you didn’t know the league standings you would have described the game as an average team against a poor team but another 3 points for St Austell and with the backlog of games coming up their points achieved will stand them in very good stead. 

As an aside to see this game a ‘team of the week’ contender is a real surprise - I know there was only 6 games but surely there were better games played - Saltash beating a good Newquay team or Porthleven coming back from 2-0 down to win?

Dear o Dear have a day off mate , your lad not get picked for St Austell or something? Decimated in the summer, squad brought together from all over the place, top scorer gone to Mousehole, 64 points from 27 games, absolute miracle.

Us supporters are very proud of our " average team"

Onlooker - did you actually watch the game on Saturday and if you did, did you seriously think that St Austell looked good, most of the St Austell supporters I was stood next to didn’t? I take nothing away from St Austell’s position, especially with the upheaval they have had this year, or their points tally - but it was a very poor game., imo. 

Yes Bob stood behind the goal as I am every game , I know personally how close the team came to literally not being about 6 months ago and so yes, despite not playing great us lads who understand that and know what the management have done appreciate that even though we may not win every game for us to be where we are as I've said is amazing. 

i would also say I doubt anyone could have played well on that surface as great as it was to get the game on. Us younger supporters perhaps have a bit more tolerance to that situation more than some who think we are still the fA Vase team, that was years ago! 

I watch the seconds every other week and it was good to see the lad Hann do well, good player for the future. 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 09:57, Bobjfh said:

Much to my delight I finally managed to watch a game! I too, took in this game at the weekend and was surprised at how well the pitch looked given recent weather.  Full credit to all that helped get it on.  The game itself was hampered by the blustery conditions and it was always going to be a case of who dealt with it best.  St Austell came flying out of the traps and as Bob mentions, if it wasn't for 5 or 6 real top saves inside 10 minutes from the Callington keeper, it would've been game over before it had started.  He also picked up an arm injury early too which would have been a worry to the team as he was the sole reason it was still 0-0. I have seen Callington several times this season and he always seems to make important saves at big times and often keeps them in the game for longer than perhaps they should. For me, one of the better and more consistent keepers around.  Despite all that, st Austell continued to hound the away goal and a real slick move saw st Austell take the lead form the impressive perryman. Both him and bowyer caused havoc all afternoon with their interchanging and movement, which was fantastic.  The goal kick started Callington somewhat and they had a good spell in the middle of the first half and got a goal from some really good play.  The half looked as if it was going to end 1-1 before st Austell got 2 goals in 3 minutes right at the end.  The 2nd was a result of some fine play again and a great strike.  Moments later the standout player of the first half turned villain when a seemingly tame strike somehow squirmed underneath him to give st Austell a 3-1 lead at half time when in truth it could and should have been more.  The 2nd half really struggled to match the quality of the 1st half and with the wind Callington never really utilised it and it was clear from the stands to see that st Austell adjusted their formation accordingly to deal with the conditions superbly.  They managed a further goal midway through from some fine play by the lad hooper, who was a constant threat all afternoon and who really impressed me. Some great work saw a ball squared at the back post where st Austell had 3 lining up to tap it home.  An ok game that was restricted by the conditions and st Austell deserved the win with some moments of quality and enough nouse to control the game in the 2nd half.  Callington will be disappointed with their performance apart from the keeper.

Pasty was fantastic and washed down with an old mout, just the ticket.

I must say the viewing platform in terms of the stand is absolutely brilliant.  Almost the perfect view, very similar to bickland. 

St.Austell offered 'mega money' to sign Jack Bray Evans from Newquay couple weeks back , Tony McKellar quoted this in the Sunday Independent yesterday ( bloody picked up last week's addition yesterday, stock rotation in Par Co-Op ruddy useless ). Come from Tony directly & printed in the paper, so Town must still have a few quid flying around Poltair .. 

8 hours ago, Onlooker said:

Yes Bob stood behind the goal as I am every game , I know personally how close the team came to literally not being about 6 months ago and so yes, despite not playing great us lads who understand that and know what the management have done appreciate that even though we may not win every game for us to be where we are as I've said is amazing. 

i would also say I doubt anyone could have played well on that surface as great as it was to get the game on. Us younger supporters perhaps have a bit more tolerance to that situation more than some who think we are still the fA Vase team, that was years ago! 

I watch the seconds every other week and it was good to see the lad Hann do well, good player for the future. 

Onlooker - it’s great that St Austell have loyal ‘young’ supporters and attract a home crowd that must average 150 plus each home game. I have no connection to the club, at all, I have just taken in 6/7 of their games this season when I can’t make ‘my’ team games - I just thought it was a very poor game. It was only 5 years ago (that may seem ages to you but last week to me lol) that St Austell lost in the Vase semi-final and you still have 6 of that team playing, even with the player exodus last pre-season. The club has brought in some good new players - however with the quality you do have, I just expected more which was typified by Chappie shouting at one of your ‘marque’ players to stop moaning at everyone else and concentrate on his own game. I still think St Austell will finish 3/4th and next season should be looking to promotion - if some of the ‘older’ players keep going and good luck to them.