Cornwall Football Forum

Relegate Man CITY

So Man City are going to be banned for 2 years from competing in Europe and fined £25 million ,well why not punish them like Saracens in Rugby and RELEGATE them ,I love watching the football City play and i could watch De Bruynne all day what a player . How many players will leave the club now they are banned from Europe i reckon Pep will go and end up back at 1 of the big 2 in Spain Real Madrid or Barcelona . City may struggle next year and maybe Man Utd will be back challenging for the title if they get sorted out and get rid of Pogba and Fred . Be interesting to see what happens with Man City i read in the paper they have been doing things improperly since 2014 ,how about stripping them of there title as well .We will have to see what happens but this season has been a bit of a farce with Liverpool so far in front in the league its go boring .It would be lovely next year if some team could do a Leicester and win the title i dont think Wolves are too far away from achieving that but it will be all about money as usual

Hilarious isn't it? :) Now let's see how the stupendously over-rated Guardiola copes when all his superstars bail out because they don't want to play in the fourth division. Of course, he'll leave too - to manage another country's top team where, surprise surprise, he'll win their league because he has the best players and the most money to spend, just like at Barca, Bayern and City. And if he doesn't, he'll blame the ref.

City were found guilty by a kangaroo court who got the information from a German newspaper, none of their finances show any wrongdoing, besides why shouldn't an owner spend his own money on what he likes? Saracens situation was completely different they breached the pay cap. City are not the best supported team and are only trying to keep up.

The reason why FFP was brought in was to try and stop owners coming in, chucking loads of money at it and then pulling out leaving a club dead. A club needs to generate its own money from various means. 
i believe it is alledged that city have not given the correct figure on sponsorship deals. So that could be the naming of the stadium, instead of being £50m they have said £200m!! ( I don’t know real figures )

Be interesting if they were to do the same with clubs down here!!!

45 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

What is the salary cap in the SWPL ? any clubs come to mind?

There is none is there as the clubs don’t pay the players. It’s individuals. 
So let’s say a club had a budget of £500 a game so £500 x 38 = £19,000. The club would have to declare sponsorship/income around that figure to be allowed to pay it!!

I think the bottom line is little teams are not wanted in the champions league, more than ten years ago I think it was Beckenbaur who wanted the same teams in Europe every year as it usually is in other countries I.e Bayern  Barca Juve etc when less wealthy clubs start coming through they don't like it so bring in a rule to try and curtail it. 

This story has similarities to that of Saracens in rugby union. Reading deeper into this story, it appears that Sarries had broken the salary cap in the last three seasons.  This brings into question the validity of the various titles they won over this period. Can only imagine how Exeter and Munster must feel after losing in the Premiership and European finals respectively last season.

If anybody is in any doubt that it is one rule for the global giants of the game, and another for everybody else, read the story in the link below about Barcelona signing a striker outside the transfer window. Curious signing in Martin Braithwaite (a journeyman who flopped at Middlesbro amongst others), but made more controversial by Leganes (struggling near the foot of La Liga) not being allowed to bring a replacement in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51570136

The Braithwaite scenario (whereby Leganes are not allowed to sign a replacement in February for their star player who Barcelona were allowed to sign in the same month) is yet another reason why the ridiculous transfer window should be abolished. How is this better than the old system that worked well enough for many years i.e. players can be bought (and, crucially, sold) at any time up to a deadline in late March? I have yet to hear a convincing argument in favour of the current farce. If transferring players is so wrong, how come it's allowed in January and in the summer? How many clubs are stuck with players they don't want and have no intention of playing because they were unable to offload them by the end of January, thus depriving the player from getting fixed up and the selling club of much-needed money?