Godolphin Atlantic                 P-P            Bodmin Town

Mousehole                                P-P            Porthleven

Newquay                                   P-P            Launceston

Penzance                                   P-P            Falmouth Town

Saltash United                          P-P            Camelford

St Dennis                                    P-P                St Blazey

Sticker                                        P-P             Helston Athletic

Wendron United                     P-P             St Austell

We're stuck with this weather forever until Trump sends us all into oblivion so most leagues need to start earlier (late July / early August) instead of endless meaningless pre-season friendlies and more use should be made of playing league and cup games on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from then until the evenings pull in.

3 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

We're stuck with this weather forever until Trump sends us all into oblivion so most leagues need to start earlier (late July / early August) instead of endless meaningless pre-season friendlies and more use should be made of playing league and cup games on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from then until the evenings pull in.

Absolutely!

My opinion is .. If you start the season earlier you will have so many players away on holiday and it’s bad enough as it is. There are always players missing during the first three weeks of the season. What you could do is just keep programming in midweek games Every week. There has been many weeks where the weather has been absolutely perfect for football and there has been no fixture. For example I believe Saltash have had nine games postponed so far and there have been nine weeks where no midweek fixture has been programmed in at all... 

I for one would be very happy to go and watch twice a week even in November to February

22 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I don’t see why the season needs to be finished on 25th April.   What’s the problem with finishing  the 2nd weekend of May like it used too. 

especially when there has been a bad winter.  

The National Leagues Committee dictates when the season ends, not the SWPL. They also have to decide upon all promotions and relegations from Step 1 down to Step 7. They also have to allow time to hear appeals by Clubs which are unhappy where they've been placed; all this by the end of May and before League AGMs start happening from June 1st.

14 minutes ago, John Mead said:

The National Leagues Committee dictates when the season ends, not the SWPL. They also have to decide upon all promotions and relegations from Step 1 down to Step 7. They also have to allow time to hear appeals by Clubs which are unhappy where they've been placed; all this by the end of May and before League AGMs start happening from June 1st.

Then pressure should be put on them by the ccfa, surely that is why it exists!

28 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Ah spoken like a true FA Man.  Climb out of wembleys arse for 5 minutes will you.  

p.s I never mentioned the swpl. 

5 hours ago, Hetty said:

Ah spoken like a true FA Man.  Climb out of wembleys arse for 5 minutes will you.  

p.s I never mentioned the swpl. 

I'm certainly not an "FA man" but was just trying to explain the reason why the end of season date is forced upon Leagues; I don't agree that it's really necessary for all NLS Leagues to finish on the same date as those at Wembly will have to start at Step 1 and work down to Step 7. It's a complicated exercise but they've given themselves plenty of time to sort it out.

ps. It's a SWPL thread, so I made the assumption you might have thought it was something which the League could change.

50 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

Is there any reason the league cannot go into May?

Controlled by the FA, who at the moment say by when their leagues have to be finished. Sounds like the leagues are to ask for an extension, but bearing in mind the FA were reluctant two seasons ago, I doubt many are hopeful this time around!

What worries me is not so much the 3 games a week scenario - it’s happened before and to a degree is part of being a winter sport, last season from memory a lot of clubs were finished early. Rather that teams have between 12 and 18 fixtures left to play and every pitch is sodden - clubs will be under pressure to play and officials will want to be seen to getting games on - the net result will be playing on already damaged pitches which normally would be too wet - the consequences will be serious injuries and playing surfaces that a not fit for purpose - so when 3 games are required the pitches won’t be up to it - again increasing the risk of injury. I am sure very club has players who have been badly injured by playing on unfit surfaces. 
There are mid week fixtures this week and even next weekend that without any more rain and with sunny days will still be too sodden but the games will go ahead. Perhaps a weeks holding off of games to give the ground time to recover and the grounds staff time to work their magic may be a short term loss but get us all through the remainder of the season safely??

Thanks for the photos Dave, we can play in most weather conditions at Hayle, but Saturday would have been impossible. The photo more or less shows the state of our pitch as well. I have never seen it so wet, 50mm of rain in the last two days is something I cannot remember in 32 years of groundskeeping and the long range forecast is not good. This weather is forecast until the end of March!

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Controlled by the FA, who at the moment say by when their leagues have to be finished. Sounds like the leagues are to ask for an extension, but bearing in mind the FA were reluctant two seasons ago, I doubt many are hopeful this time around!

They did though if memory serves me correct albeit by only a week?