HELSTON 4 FALMOUTH ATH 2

LIZARD 3 STITHIANS 3

PORTHLEVEN RANG 4 TROON 1

ROSUDGEON 0 RUAN MINOR 6

ST DAY 10 FROGPOOL/ CUS 0

09/02/08

FHFL 2

Mawnan 4 v Carharrack 0

The standard of football by both teams in the first half was a credit to the FHFL with innovative plays and some fantastic passing throughout. Carharrack and Mawnan each had their chances but the disciplined defences brought their teams into the changing rooms all square at the interval.

With all to play for in the second half, Carharrack unfortunately went back to bad habits, happily leaving Mawnan’s tallest forward to head home to take the lead on the 46th minute. This then led to another moment of disarray and Carharrack soon saw themselves two goals down. Carharrack fought back with some credible attacks but on the 70th Mawnan made a substitution, who flattered himself by placing a freekick into the back of the visitor’s net seconds after coming on to the pitch.

I have never believed in luck but I sometimes believe you need it, as a clearance feel straight to a Mawnan striker who was more than happy to add a notch to his tally. A game played in good spirits, handshakes all round, Mawnan left the pitch worthy winners. This weekend Carharrack leave league pressures behind and play Perranwell at home in the second round of the Percy Stephens Cup.

Mawnan Goalscorers: Andy Julian (2) and Ryan Whitbread and Daniel Crowle

Richard C :c:

Thanks to Mawan for the hospitality afterwards :thumbsup:

No, they actually have a better away record. St. Kev have now lost four times at home this season,,,, St Day and Chacewater in the league, Portreath in the Junior cup and Fal Ath on sat.

Guest geachy1

hold on a minute deano

didnt you get sent off 4 attacking 1 of there players.

from what i seen of the game the players from st kernvene were fine it was the supporters who were giving the abuse.

but to be fair i didnt hear any rasict words and i was stood right next to all the comotion.