Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Deacon

Senior Cup semi final draw made

Recommended Posts

The draw was made today for the RGB Cornwall Senior Cup Semi Finals:-
Tuesday 3rd March
Torpoint Athletic v Wadebridge Town


Wednesday 4th March
Millbrook v Saltash United

The venues are still to be decided

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey would be more than happy to host a semi final or the final. Why would anyone turn down the opportunity. A great occasion. 

But it's not exactly in the middle of all the teams left is it?

Have to say, Ashes v Millbrook would be good at Torpoint! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

In the politest way possible and not wishing any offence, why not?

One obvious reason would surely be the possibility of a venue chosen in say the far west of the county and two clubs from the very far east being in it. Unnecessary travelling for everyone! Carbon footprint is already berserk without this adding to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

One obvious reason would surely be the possibility of a venue chosen in say the far west of the county and two clubs from the very far east being in it. Unnecessary travelling for everyone! Carbon footprint is already berserk without this adding to it!

This would be NO different to what normally happens !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Neutral ground always for me...simple as that buddy👍

Just felt like a way of heading off the "it's always the same ground" argument, and would have guaranteed the show piece of the Cornwall FA season being shared around. Chance for smaller clubs like Sticker and Callington to be rewarded for spending time and money  improving their grounds and facilities. Year or so to plan organisation and any extra entertainment on the day. Only a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I think you will find that a lot of clubs are asked to host these games but decline, so the usual suspects end up hosting it.

Didn't know this Older. Surprising, thought it would be a prestigious thing to have. Also quite lucrative when bar takings and food sales are taken into consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Didn't know this Older. Surprising, thought it would be a prestigious thing to have. Also quite lucrative when bar takings and food sales are taken into consideration.

Has Falmouth ever been asked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Didn't know this Older. Surprising, thought it would be a prestigious thing to have. Also quite lucrative when bar takings and food sales are taken into consideration.

Of course. But clubs and committees must also consider how many home games they have left to play themselves, considering their groundsmen, postponements, etc. Difficult decision I imagine but their own teams would usually come before prestigious cup fixtures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely want to showcase your final (and semi)on the best playing surface and allow the players the best chance of playing the beautiful game and not have them play on some badly cut bobbly pitch with trenches, all over as I’ve witnessed.  That is by no means meant to be a slight on the efforts of the magnificent volunteers all over that work so hard, more a reflection of what they have to work with to start with.  Therefore for me the only neutral pitches I’ve seen so far (in my short time watching the boy in the Peninsular league) that are worthy of a final are Mousehole, Callington and St Blazey.   Could Truro be asked for the final (whilst I’ve never been I assume their pitch would be good)  or, controversially for a Cornwall Cup, Parkway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Town Man said:

All finals should be played on the "Wembley of the West" Bickland Park. 

There is no better ground for watching a match and retaining an atmosphere.

Not very central but neither is Wembley!

Why are no finals ever played here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guzzvaliant said:

Definitely want to showcase your final (and semi)on the best playing surface and allow the players the best chance of playing the beautiful game and not have them play on some badly cut bobbly pitch with trenches, all over as I’ve witnessed.  That is by no means meant to be a slight on the efforts of the magnificent volunteers all over that work so hard, more a reflection of what they have to work with to start with.  Therefore for me the only neutral pitches I’ve seen so far (in my short time watching the boy in the Peninsular league) that are worthy of a final are Mousehole, Callington and St Blazey.   Could Truro be asked for the final (whilst I’ve never been I assume their pitch would be good)  or, controversially for a Cornwall Cup, Parkway?

Camelford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2020 at 13:09, Dave Deacon said:

Parkway? 🤭

I did say I was a controversial one for a Cornwall Cup Dave!😂

23 hours ago, Hetty said:

Camelford

I’ve yet to visit Camelford’s ground, so couldn’t add to my list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...