Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup semi final draw made

15 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

In the politest way possible and not wishing any offence, why not?

One obvious reason would surely be the possibility of a venue chosen in say the far west of the county and two clubs from the very far east being in it. Unnecessary travelling for everyone! Carbon footprint is already berserk without this adding to it!

11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

One obvious reason would surely be the possibility of a venue chosen in say the far west of the county and two clubs from the very far east being in it. Unnecessary travelling for everyone! Carbon footprint is already berserk without this adding to it!

This would be NO different to what normally happens !

12 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Neutral ground always for me...simple as that buddy👍

Just felt like a way of heading off the "it's always the same ground" argument, and would have guaranteed the show piece of the Cornwall FA season being shared around. Chance for smaller clubs like Sticker and Callington to be rewarded for spending time and money  improving their grounds and facilities. Year or so to plan organisation and any extra entertainment on the day. Only a thought.

16 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I think you will find that a lot of clubs are asked to host these games but decline, so the usual suspects end up hosting it.

Didn't know this Older. Surprising, thought it would be a prestigious thing to have. Also quite lucrative when bar takings and food sales are taken into consideration.

11 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Didn't know this Older. Surprising, thought it would be a prestigious thing to have. Also quite lucrative when bar takings and food sales are taken into consideration.

Of course. But clubs and committees must also consider how many home games they have left to play themselves, considering their groundsmen, postponements, etc. Difficult decision I imagine but their own teams would usually come before prestigious cup fixtures.

Definitely want to showcase your final (and semi)on the best playing surface and allow the players the best chance of playing the beautiful game and not have them play on some badly cut bobbly pitch with trenches, all over as I’ve witnessed.  That is by no means meant to be a slight on the efforts of the magnificent volunteers all over that work so hard, more a reflection of what they have to work with to start with.  Therefore for me the only neutral pitches I’ve seen so far (in my short time watching the boy in the Peninsular league) that are worthy of a final are Mousehole, Callington and St Blazey.   Could Truro be asked for the final (whilst I’ve never been I assume their pitch would be good)  or, controversially for a Cornwall Cup, Parkway?

7 hours ago, Guzzvaliant said:

Definitely want to showcase your final (and semi)on the best playing surface and allow the players the best chance of playing the beautiful game and not have them play on some badly cut bobbly pitch with trenches, all over as I’ve witnessed.  That is by no means meant to be a slight on the efforts of the magnificent volunteers all over that work so hard, more a reflection of what they have to work with to start with.  Therefore for me the only neutral pitches I’ve seen so far (in my short time watching the boy in the Peninsular league) that are worthy of a final are Mousehole, Callington and St Blazey.   Could Truro be asked for the final (whilst I’ve never been I assume their pitch would be good)  or, controversially for a Cornwall Cup, Parkway?

Camelford