Goonhavern Athletic        6-1              Newlyn Lions

Holman Sports Club            8-3              Probus

Illogan RBL Reserves          4-3            Mawnan

Stithians                                 3-0           Lanner

Threemilestone                    P-P          Troon AFC

CHAMPIONSHIP

Constantine                           6-2          St Ives Mariners

Frogpool & Cusgarne         4-1       Ludgvan Reserves

Illogan RBL Thirds                1-7            West Cornwall Football Club (Game reversed to West Cornwall pitch)

Mawnan Reserves              2-3          Four Lanes

Mullion Reserves        0-4             Gwinear Churchtown

RNAS Culdrose Res    P-P      Falmouth Town AFC 3rd

DIVISION 1

Falmouth DC     P-P            Holman Sports Club Res

Perranwell Reserves      P-P              Penzance Reserves

Praze                  1-4             Wendron United Fourths

Redruth United Reserves   1-1              St Day Thirds

Rosudgeon Reserves          P-P           St Erme

St Just         2-2             Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

Troon AFC Reserves         4-3              St Agnes Thirds

Division 2

Four Lanes Res     P-P      St Ives Town FC Reserves

Lizard Argyle Res       2-3              Threemilestone Res

Probus Reserves             P-P              Falmouth United

St Buryan                 6-2            Constantine Reserves

Storm FC       1-3              Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Tregony FC     3-2           New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Rosudgeon v St Erme Off

Their pitch is unplayable after inspection this morning, a proper shame as we offered the chance to switch the fixture on Thursday if their pitch was doubtful and they declined - another game to be made up at some point when there was a solution to getting it on, I appreciate it would’ve been short notice for some of their lads due to work etc but still very frustrating.

Next Saturday they come to us anyway, oh well a Saturday of chores by the looks of it!! 😢

14 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

Rosudgeon v St Erme Off

Their pitch is unplayable after inspection this morning, a proper shame as we offered the chance to switch the fixture on Thursday if their pitch was doubtful and they declined - another game to be made up at some point when there was a solution to getting it on, I appreciate it would’ve been short notice for some of their lads due to work etc but still very frustrating.

Next Saturday they come to us anyway, oh well a Saturday of chores by the looks of it!! 😢

None of your lads fancy taking the whistle for a game today? There are some Trelawny games that don't have a ref at the moment

9 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You're joking!

A footballer stepping up to the plate and facing scrutiny from all quarters...lol

There are some willing to do so, and I've heard some great reports about those that have. Unfortunately, those volunteers seem to be few and far between. 

Illogan Reserves v Mawnan

It was 4 - 3 to Illogan when I had to leave (M-in-law had pressed her Lifeline button - another fall: she's okay) even though my stopwatch showed the 2nd half was in its 56th minute with no appreciable stoppages and there was a melee at the changing room corner of the pitch, I think I saw a red card waved as I was leaving!). Was that the final score or are they still playing?

18 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

St Just didn’t call the game off 3 days before like some 👀 , so entertained in-form Frogpool today. We had 1 player missing, so maybe we should’ve? 🤔 I jest of course.

Great game for the neutral, with St Just conceding 2 in the last 6 minutes as Frogpool never gave up. St Just missed 2 big chances at 2-0 to kill the game off. Not a single player on the pitch had a bad game for either side and a draw a fair result in my eyes. Good bunch of lads and cheers for staying for a pint too!

Well done to Frogpool and St Just for turning up and contesting a game on the pitch, unlike those who prefer to play politics off it. Great day for Penzance, yeah. One of their favourites when there's no call to play anybody. Glad to read the CTB report on that above. Still waiting for his account of what happened at St Dominick.

13 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Why is it that on the Division One fixtures grid every team in the league has at least some putative remaining home fixture dates except one ? 

Guess who that is. Do they get to advise the League when they feel like playing them ?

Putative isaac...really!

Use a word from the real world 

Holmans 8 Probus 3

Premiership

A bad day for us, our goalkeeper was out and we had players missing (not what you want against the league leaders) and we were 3-0 down after half an hour or so! Liam Paddock made it 3-1 at halftime following an excellent cross from Gordon Douglas but we never really started until the last 5 minutes of the half.

We started the second half well and pulled another goal back when I headed in a corner from George Marris and then we equalised when Gordon Douglas headed in following a cross from the left. We showed great character to get back in the game but when the ref said there were 29 minutes to go at that stage in truth, with the resources we had and with the extremely heavy pitch, we were always going to struggle to keep the early second half momentum up. I was also playing on one leg after pulling my quad muscle after 20 minutes and I'm not very good with two legs, let alone one! Holmans scored 5 unanswered goals after we had got back in the game and they also missed a few more.

Holmans deserved their win and are a decent team and despite a decent effort from the team we had today we weren't good enough. Thanks to the referee Adam Batchelor. Illogan away next week

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Why is it that on the Division One fixtures grid every team in the league has at least some putative remaining home fixture dates except one ? 

Guess who that is. Do they get to advise the League when they feel like playing them ?

😴 Not sure who you are or why you have a beef with Penzance and I don't really care but whatever it is, even as a neutral bystander, it's becoming really monotonous. Think you need to find yourself a new hobby.

The fixtures are set by the fixtures secretary, who has to juggled many factors in when games are played. Just because the dates are not confirmed as yet has no relevance. They still have to be played before the end of the season

Illogan RBL Reserves 4, Mawnan 3 (Latest score!)

Had planned to go to Truro until Lester Thomas's wife told us that the new stand was up, so decided to check it out. Very nice, it's an ill-wind (literally!)....

Mawnan played a good first half down the slope, pressing well as Illogan tried this play-from-the back stuff - silly at this level. 0 - 1 (8) as a defender misjudged a high ball letting in a forward to score from 12 yards. 1 - 1 (20) - penalty to IRBL when the 'keeper brought down a forward. Yellow, not red, as the forward seem to have lost control of the ball and was heading diagonally from the goal. 1 - 2 (28), looked like a training ground set-piece which came off. Kicking up the slope in the 2nd half, Mawnan went 1 - 3 up, a great low cross to the far post (667) but IRBL were let back in with a (soft!) pen on 78, then a minute later a good move ended with a hard shot that clipped the underside of the crossbar as it went in. Then on 90+2. 4 - 3 with a headed goal from a corner.

With 54 minutes showing on my stopwatch I had a call from my wife about M-in-law's fall (see previous posting) and as I left (noww 55 on watch) they were still playing - well, milling around on the far side of the pitch from the gate, some sort of fracas and I'm sure a card was produced - I'd love to know what happened and how much longer they played for!

Ref looked VERY young, did a good job except for his Hogworts Academy watch which was clearly slowing down!

Stan super.Work on the fencing still to do, but that gale ended up being a piece of luck. RIP the old stand which held many memories for many people, including me.

Wanted to add a photo of the stand but at 5.1 M it is too big!

56 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Illogan RBL Reserves 4, Mawnan 3 (Latest score!)

Had planned to go to Truro until Lester Thomas's wife told us that the new stand was up, so decided to check it out. Very nice, it's an ill-wind (literally!)....

Mawnan played a good first half down the slope, pressing well as Illogan tried this play-from-the back stuff - silly at this level. 0 - 1 (8) as a defender misjudged a high ball letting in a forward to score from 12 yards. 1 - 1 (20) - penalty to IRBL when the 'keeper brought down a forward. Yellow, not red, as the forward seem to have lost control of the ball and was heading diagonally from the goal. 1 - 2 (28), looked like a training ground set-piece which came off. Kicking up the slope in the 2nd half, Mawnan went 1 - 3 up, a great low cross to the far post (667) but IRBL were let back in with a (soft!) pen on 78, then a minute later a good move ended with a hard shot that clipped the underside of the crossbar as it went in. Then on 90+2. 4 - 3 with a headed goal from a corner.

With 54 minutes showing on my stopwatch I had a call from my wife about M-in-law's fall (see previous posting) and as I left (noww 55 on watch) they were still playing - well, milling around on the far side of the pitch from the gate, some sort of fracas and I'm sure a card was produced - I'd love to know what happened and how much longer they played for!

Ref looked VERY young, did a good job except for his Hogworts Academy watch which was clearly slowing down!

Stan super.Work on the fencing still to do, but that gale ended up being a piece of luck. RIP the old stand which held many memories for many people, including me.

Wanted to add a photo of the stand but at 5.1 M it is too big!

4-3 final score. Christ knows where your additional 10 mins came from...other than my time wasting that backfired 🤦🏻‍♂️

The ‘fracas’ was nothing....just handbags & hot heads. Not a massive talking point really.

Even game in my opinion.

We (Mawnan) can’t seem to get the better of those buggers at Illogan.

Probably an enjoyable game to watch though?

19 minutes ago, dirty thirty tadge said:

4-3 final score. Christ knows where your additional 10 mins came from...other than my time wasting that backfired 🤦🏻‍♂️

The ‘fracas’ was nothing....just handbags & hot heads. Not a massive talking point really.

Even game in my opinion.

We (Mawnan) can’t seem to get the better of those buggers at Illogan.

Probably an enjoyable game to watch though?

Fiver says that big eared lad with the terrible haircut was involved? 

3 hours ago, peggy78 said:

😴 Not sure who you are or why you have a beef with Penzance and I don't really care but whatever it is, even as a neutral bystander, it's becoming really monotonous. Think you need to find yourself a new hobby.

The fixtures are set by the fixtures secretary, who has to juggled many factors in when games are played. Just because the dates are not confirmed as yet has no relevance. They still have to be played before the end of the season

You are clearly an ignorant blow-in with no understanding of parochial football history. Why do I hate Smacktown ? Why would any Rosenberg hate pogroms ?

14 hours ago, 1ofthekids said:

St Just didn’t call the game off 3 days before like some 👀 , so entertained in-form Frogpool today. We had 1 player missing, so maybe we should’ve? 🤔 I jest of course.

Great game for the neutral, with St Just conceding 2 in the last 6 minutes as Frogpool never gave up. St Just missed 2 big chances at 2-0 to kill the game off. Not a single player on the pitch had a bad game for either side and a draw a fair result in my eyes. Good bunch of lads and cheers for staying for a pint too!

Was a great game to be a part of. I think we, Frogpool, had the better of it in the first half. You guys came out flying in the second half and deservedly went ahead. Thankful those 2 big chances didn’t go in and it gave us the impetus to go on and get a draw. 
Thanks to the ref and also thanks for the great hospitality afterwards. Our bingo caller, Jack “2 fat ladies” Blakeston, even got a free pint.

Frogpool did well playing two games at the same time! Think you’ll find it was Wendron 4s who hit 4 past Praze. 

10 hours ago, Holto said:

Was a great game to be a part of. I think we, Frogpool, had the better of it in the first half. You guys came out flying in the second half and deservedly went ahead. Thankful those 2 big chances didn’t go in and it gave us the impetus to go on and get a draw. 
Thanks to the ref and also thanks for the great hospitality afterwards. Our bingo caller, Jack “2 fat ladies” Blakeston, even got a free pint.

Good on frogpool and st just. See Penzance are as popular as ever on here. It would be interesting to know how Pz Reserves managed to get a game postponed against frogpool 3 days before match day because their first team had apparently lost 6 players to a county game so therefore were going to raid the reserves. However, Pz first team took two, who apparently didn’t play. And Pz reserves have approx 29 players signed on, should of been forced to play the game or receive points deduction. A little scared of an inform frogpool would be a good guess. Not rumour, come from Pz players themselves. Considering Pz reserves manager has been caught out several times postponing games and or trying due to him not being there (they have assistant manager), and the secretary having being caught out several times and forging players signatures, it’s amazing nothing has yet been done.

On 01/02/2020 at 18:22, isaac rosenberg said:

Well done to Frogpool and St Just for turning up and contesting a game on the pitch, unlike those who prefer to play politics off it. Great day for Penzance, yeah. One of their favourites when there's no call to play anybody. Glad to read the CTB report on that above. Still waiting for his account of what happened at St Dominick.

Good on frogpool and st just. See Penzance are as popular as ever on here. It would be interesting to know how Pz Reserves managed to get a game postponed against frogpool 3 days before match day because their first team had apparently lost 6 players to a county game so therefore were going to raid the reserves. However, Pz first team took two, who apparently didn’t play. And Pz reserves have approx 29 players signed on, should of been forced to play the game or receive points deduction. A little scared of an inform frogpool would be a good guess. Not rumour, come from Pz players themselves. Considering Pz reserves manager has been caught out several times postponing games and or trying due to him not being there (they have assistant manager), and the secretary having being caught out several times and forging players signatures, it’s amazing nothing has yet been done.

Absolutely disgraceful, but it had been going on for years. Well connected through John Mead's good offices, they are always the big men even when the club is nearly going through. One rule for the rest, one for Pernzance. Unlike the bent old Combo administrators who are John Mead's mates, the Trelawney is at least run by some newer faces, so we all hope for a bit more justice than in the past. Frogpool should be given the points.Simple as that.