Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Deacon

RESULTS - Saturday 1 FEBRUARY 2020

Recommended Posts

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2020

PREMIER EAST

Bovey Tracey                   9-3        Sidmouth Town

Crediton United                P-P             Dartmouth AFC

Elburton Villa                   2-1          Axminster Town

Honiton Town                  2-0      Holsworthy AFC

Ivybridge Town                1-4          Millbrook AFC

PlymouthMarjon              3-1        Torrington AFC

Torpoint Athletic              1-1     Cullompton Rangers

Torridgeside AFC               P-P           Ilfracombe Town

 

PREMIER WEST

Bodmin Town                   2-0          St Blazey

Camelford                        2-3          Falmouth Town

Dobwalls                         4-1        Godolphin Atlantic

Mousehole                       8-0       Sticker

Porthleven                      2-1         Callington Town

St Austell                          0-2         Helston Athletic

St Dennis                        0-2            Newquay

Wadebridge Town           1-2        Launceston

Wendron United              0-5         Saltash United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went and watched the table top game this afternoon St Austell vs Helston ,not the prettiest games you are likely to see lots of niggly fouls from both sides thought the ref wasnt strong enough dealing with them .St Austell missing severel players including Will Tinsley and top scorer Dan Perryman but they had new signing Jack Bowyer playing up front .Helston should of gone in front when they where given a dodgy pen for handball but justice was done when the Helston player Tucker tame pen was easily saved by teh brilliant Jason Chapman .Helston dominated the 1st half and continued after the break and went 1 -0 up from former St Austell player Mark Goldsworthy who is going head to head with Saltashes Ryan RICHARDS for top scorer my money is on Richards , they went 2-0 late in the game with a goal from Matt Bye ,then hanbags came out and all the players decided to have a little argument after Goldy and Chris RESKI  had a bit of a fallen out very unusual for Mark Goldsworthy to fall out but it looked like Reski slapped him across the face which isnt very nice . Ok Helston deserved there win pity didnt have there full 1st team out they would of made more of a game of it then .My man of the match for St Austell Mason Hughes and for Helston without a shadow of a doubt its mine and Smokies Friend OLLIE  BROCKENSHIRE and im not being biased he was brilliant all afternoon and controlled the midfield he had a great game . not bad attendance 223 i think it said ,i will see prettier games before the end of season but this could be the day Helston had 1 hand on the league trophy but Saltash just cant stop scoring goals but in a few weeks they got to come and play the G So they put a stop to there goal scoring ok i am dreaming . Well done sT AUSTELL pity you didnt have your full 1st team out and a good 3 points deservedly won by a great Helston side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wendron 0 Saltash 5

Went down to Wendron to watch Saltash today and it was my first ever visit to their wonderful ground. The pitch was an absolute pudding to play on but Saltash ran out comfortable winners with three goals from Hughes and two from Richards. Saltash controlled the game from start to finish and to be honest should’ve scored a few more ! I counted about nine home fans if you exclude all the committee members and youth players which is quite disappointing for a club with such a fantastic stadium to play in. During the second half a pot was Taken around the ground for people to pay the entry fee of a fiver which I thought was a little unprofessional in my opinion seeing as though there was an unmanned ticket booth by the entrance !! Wendron worked very hard but have a long way to go if they are ever going to challenge at this level.

The clubhouse was very nice and the food although of very limited choice was to a reasonable standard and went down well at half-time ! 
all in all, not a bad Saltash performance some very clinical goals and another clean sheet on the road. Second place is surely now in touching distance for the ashes. Hopefully with a promotion at the end of the season.

Away support.... About 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wendron United 0 Saltash 5

 Pretty darn dominant at Wendron this afternoon- in fact Saltash had so much dominance in the 1st 20 mins that Wendron didnt really touch the ball until 21st min! Ashes strikers Ryan Rickard and Sam Hughes on blistering form with goals in 12th Ryan, 23rd Sam, and Ryan 30th. That 3rd goal was the Ashes 100th in just 20 games. But after half time it came on coming with Sam's hattrick in 48th and 51st (blistering the net) Wendron could have got a goal back in the 73rd minute but for superb triple save by Ryan in goal. The game ended with Ashes having vast amounts of possession but no extra goals although lord knows how!

 

So that's 102 goals in 20 games now. The season continues and with St Austell have lost to Helston in the top 2 battle, it's hard to see the title not being between the Ashes and Helston now. Just a shout out to Wendron.

 

Cracking set up for such a small village community- Friendly bunch as well but they could do with some more supporters sadly. Also that coffee they sold at half time, was flipping brilliant- I'd say it was with proper filter coffee for the taste - best cuppa of the season! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched the table top game this afternoon St Austell vs Helston ,not the prettiest games you are likely to see lots of niggly fouls from both sides thought the ref wasnt strong enough dealing with them .St Austell missing severel players including Will Tinsley and top scorer Dan Perryman but they had new signing Jack Bowyer playing up front .Helston should of gone in front when they where given a dodgy pen for handball but justice was done when the Helston player Tucker tame pen was easily saved by teh brilliant Jason Chapman .Helston dominated the 1st half and continued after the break and went 1 -0 up from former St Austell player Mark Goldsworthy who is going head to head with Saltashes Ryan RICHARDS for top scorer my money is on Richards , they went 2-0 late in the game with a goal from Matt Bye ,then hanbags came out and all the players decided to have a little argument after Goldy and Chris RESKI  had a bit of a fallen out very unusual for Mark Goldsworthy to fall out but it looked like Reski slapped him across the face which isnt very nice . Ok Helston deserved there win pity didnt have there full 1st team out they would of made more of a game of it then .My man of the match for St Austell Mason Hughes and for Helston without a shadow of a doubt its mine and Smokies Friend OLLIE  BROCKENSHIRE and im not being biased he was brilliant all afternoon and controlled the midfield he had a great game . not bad attendance 223 i think it said ,i will see prettier games before the end of season but this could be the day Helston had 1 hand on the league trophy but Saltash just cant stop scoring goals but in a few weeks they got to come and play the G So they put a stop to there goal scoring ok i am dreaming . Well done sT AUSTELL pity you didnt have your full 1st team out and a good 3 points deservedly won by a great Helston side

oh my days - it really is difficult to give credit where credit is due. Goldy is a former Helston player first and foremost - he was rubbish when he played for the third team lol. I'm sure there will be posts about all the money and sustainability but you get what you pay for!!! Catch them if you can...…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

Wendron 0 Saltash 5

Went down to Wendron to watch Saltash today and it was my first ever visit to their wonderful ground. The pitch was an absolute pudding to play on but Saltash ran out comfortable winners with three goals from Hughes and two from Richards. Saltash controlled the game from start to finish and to be honest should’ve scored a few more ! I counted about nine home fans if you exclude all the committee members and youth players which is quite disappointing for a club with such a fantastic stadium to play in. During the second half a pot was Taken around the ground for people to pay the entry fee of a fiver which I thought was a little unprofessional in my opinion seeing as though there was an unmanned ticket booth by the entrance !! Wendron worked very hard but have a long way to go if they are ever going to challenge at this level.

The clubhouse was very nice and the food although of very limited choice was to a reasonable standard and went down well at half-time ! 
all in all, not a bad Saltash performance some very clinical goals and another clean sheet on the road. Second place is surely now in touching distance for the ashes. Hopefully with a promotion at the end of the season.

Away support.... About 25

Almost sounds like you are conceding the title and accepting second place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, le boss said:

oh my days - it really is difficult to give credit where credit is due. Goldy is a former Helston player first and foremost - he was rubbish when he played for the third team lol. I'm sure there will be posts about all the money and sustainability but you get what you pay for!!! Catch them if you can...…..

Credit for playing for big bucks or Credit for playing? A game that was ruined by a mediocre referee! If only he interpreted the rules of the game! Goldsworthy would have had a least 1 Sin Bin, the foul and yellow card that led to Reski's red would have been seen to be what it was a perfect tackle, the two goals that St Austell scored would have stood and the 2nd goal Helston scored the normally reliable Jon Harris would have given the blatant offside. Overall St Austell  played the better football but were outdone by a ref that thought he was starring in a Massey Pantomime and not there for the same reason the rest of are. THE NON LEAGUE GAME. Overall a good game ruined by a very poor official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, A Fan said:

Credit for playing for big bucks or Credit for playing? A game that was ruined by a mediocre referee! If only he interpreted the rules of the game! Goldsworthy would have had a least 1 Sin Bin, the foul and yellow card that led to Reski's red would have been seen to be what it was a perfect tackle, the two goals that St Austell scored would have stood and the 2nd goal Helston scored the normally reliable Jon Harris would have given the blatant offside. Overall St Austell  played the better football but were outdone by a ref that thought he was starring in a Massey Pantomime and not there for the same reason the rest of are. THE NON LEAGUE GAME. Overall a good game ruined by a very poor official.

Wow. Keep sucking them lemons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched the table top game this afternoon St Austell vs Helston ,not the prettiest games you are likely to see lots of niggly fouls from both sides thought the ref wasnt strong enough dealing with them .St Austell missing severel players including Will Tinsley and top scorer Dan Perryman but they had new signing Jack Bowyer playing up front .Helston should of gone in front when they where given a dodgy pen for handball but justice was done when the Helston player Tucker tame pen was easily saved by teh brilliant Jason Chapman .Helston dominated the 1st half and continued after the break and went 1 -0 up from former St Austell player Mark Goldsworthy who is going head to head with Saltashes Ryan RICHARDS for top scorer my money is on Richards , they went 2-0 late in the game with a goal from Matt Bye ,then hanbags came out and all the players decided to have a little argument after Goldy and Chris RESKI  had a bit of a fallen out very unusual for Mark Goldsworthy to fall out but it looked like Reski slapped him across the face which isnt very nice . Ok Helston deserved there win pity didnt have there full 1st team out they would of made more of a game of it then .My man of the match for St Austell Mason Hughes and for Helston without a shadow of a doubt its mine and Smokies Friend OLLIE  BROCKENSHIRE and im not being biased he was brilliant all afternoon and controlled the midfield he had a great game . not bad attendance 223 i think it said ,i will see prettier games before the end of season but this could be the day Helston had 1 hand on the league trophy but Saltash just cant stop scoring goals but in a few weeks they got to come and play the G So they put a stop to there goal scoring ok i am dreaming . Well done sT AUSTELL pity you didnt have your full 1st team out and a good 3 points deservedly won by a great Helston side

Thought it was Subbuteo for a minute 100% 😳🤔😂👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bodmin 2v0 St Blazey.

Dreadful game to watch. The pitch was soft and cut up badly. Wouldnt have took another days rain thats for sure. Another poor match day program. Well team sheet. Disappointing and its becoming a trend. The best away programme this season has been Wadebridge. Nice effort. 

As for the match, St Blazey looked in control for the first 15 odd minutes and dominated the second half. 2 down from two poorly defended corners. Unfortunately today we created enough chances to win the match but only tested the Bodmin goalkeeper once. Plenty off effort, just having a lean spell in front of goal. 

Wadebridge away next week. Senior cup. Big game. 

Att.80. Dreadful for a local derby. No atmosphere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 SWPL Premier Division East

Yes we still have two teams in Cornwall that play in Devon!!!

Torpoint Athletic 1-1 Cullompton Rangers 

Att: 115

A draw was just about a fair result overall in a scrappy game.

Curtis Damerell scored for the home side in the 13th minute when the Cully defence failed to clear their lines.

On the 80th minute, Damerell was brought down in the area for captain Lee Bevan to hit the crossbar with his penalty.

Two minutes later Joe Chamberlain scored with his in-swinging  corner.

It feels more like a defeat than a draw. To be fair to Cullompton, they have not lost since mid October and they could be a dark horse for promotion!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hetty said:

Almost sounds like you are conceding the title and accepting second place. 

Don’t think you read it properly tbh 

Second place within touching distance so are helston! But will they drop any points?

I think they will lose 2 games but the game are running out !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bodmin 2-0 St.Blazey 

Bodmin's worst performance of the season, not fluent, & no rythem. However to play badly, & still win with a clean sheet can only be a positive thing for the squad. Always comfortable, keeping St.Blazey playing Infront of a condensed Bodmin unit. Blazey never threatened, with Gilby able to give everyone some minutes, always a plus when content in games. 

Disappointed to here a foul mouth tirade from the Away dugout towards the Ref, fortunately for them he didn't hear it ... Or else I could see their fine pot getting larger .  🙈 

Blazey fans a pleasure as always, fortunately the hooligans weren't obviously asked to attend this week, the Bodmin 'B' troop were ready with walking sticks  🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Disappointed to here a foul mouth tirade from the Away dugout towards the Ref

Come on Leeds, get your facts right, Bodmin were playing at home ! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Wendron United 0 Saltash 5

 Pretty darn dominant at Wendron this afternoon- in fact Saltash had so much dominance in the 1st 20 mins that Wendron didnt really touch the ball until 21st min! Ashes strikers Ryan Rickard and Sam Hughes on blistering form with goals in 12th Ryan, 23rd Sam, and Ryan 30th. That 3rd goal was the Ashes 100th in just 20 games. But after half time it came on coming with Sam's hattrick in 48th and 51st (blistering the net) Wendron could have got a goal back in the 73rd minute but for superb triple save by Ryan in goal. The game ended with Ashes having vast amounts of possession but no extra goals although lord knows how!

 

So that's 102 goals in 20 games now. The season continues and with St Austell have lost to Helston in the top 2 battle, it's hard to see the title not being between the Ashes and Helston now. Just a shout out to Wendron.

 

Cracking set up for such a small village community- Friendly bunch as well but they could do with some more supporters sadly. Also that coffee they sold at half time, was flipping brilliant- I'd say it was with proper filter coffee for the taste - best cuppa of the season! 😊

 

13 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Wendron 0 Saltash 5

Went down to Wendron to watch Saltash today and it was my first ever visit to their wonderful ground. The pitch was an absolute pudding to play on but Saltash ran out comfortable winners with three goals from Hughes and two from Richards. Saltash controlled the game from start to finish and to be honest should’ve scored a few more ! I counted about nine home fans if you exclude all the committee members and youth players which is quite disappointing for a club with such a fantastic stadium to play in. During the second half a pot was Taken around the ground for people to pay the entry fee of a fiver which I thought was a little unprofessional in my opinion seeing as though there was an unmanned ticket booth by the entrance !! Wendron worked very hard but have a long way to go if they are ever going to challenge at this level.

The clubhouse was very nice and the food although of very limited choice was to a reasonable standard and went down well at half-time ! 
all in all, not a bad Saltash performance some very clinical goals and another clean sheet on the road. Second place is surely now in touching distance for the ashes. Hopefully with a promotion at the end of the season.

Away support.... About 25

More supporters? Have you seen where we are? Those extra 9 were the whole village! And I bet you didn’t even count the horse in the field behind, he loves a Saturday afternoon. That’s the problem about our location, difficult to draw in a lot of support being in the middle of Helston and Falmouth and not really being within walking distance of anywhere. 
Best of luck to Saltash for the rest of the season. Such a polished and professional outfit and really impressed! Think the kit man even arrived at 12.15pm to hang the kit up etc.

Wasn't at the game myself so can’t comment but from comments after Saltash are the best team we have played yet. 
All the best and thank you so much for the positive comments. Will pass them on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camelford 2 v 3 Falmouth

One of the most enjoyable games I have watched this season, even with a loss. The pitch was heavy but held up very well so well done to Camelford’s grounds men. Falmouth’s away support was excellent - nice to meet Jeff and those F Troop present, few muttering about the boom box(which I loved) and first time I have seen singing and dancing in Camelford’s bar BEFORE a game! Made for a really ‘family’ atmosphere both sets of supporters with ages ranging from boys and girls through to some in their 80’s 


As for the game, you know it’s going to be a tough one when facing a team with Barnes / Ward / Cooper at the back, a much lauded midfield and the likes of Brolingo and Johnson up front with Nixon and Jordan Annear on the bench.


The game started at a pace with Falmouth scoring in the first few minutes through poor defensive work and a goal mouth scramble, however Camelford equalised within 2 minutes through a Kian blistering shot. The game settled down with both teams playing some lovely football - Falmouth looking to play wide at every opportunity and Camelford relying on their very impressive midfield. Changing point in the game came late in the first half, another mirror of the first goal saw Falmouth go 2-1 up and within 2 minutes a poor Camels clearance fell to the Falmouth number 2 who fired home from distance - I was in line and it was a goal as soon as it left his boot! 1-3 and half time. 

Second half saw Camelford dominate possession and in fairness quality in midfield. Falmouth countered well and bar for some very poor decision making could have scored a couple (as in the first half) but butchered them. 
Camelford were denied a stonewall penalty decision for an agricultural challenge, however were later awarded a penalty for a similar challenge - converted by Ed (poor penalty that Barnes very nearly got to, but a goals a goal). Camelford kept pushing but time ran out and Falmouth took the points - no complaints they created more good chances and could / should have been further ahead, but on the second half performance Camels could of sneaked a point.

I know people will refer to league positions but if you want to watch a team play attractive football with really skilful players you will struggle to do better than watch Camelford - oh for an out and out front man / striker. 


Thought the officials did well, a few strange calls for throw ins / corners and the ref was a bit ‘timid’ in the rare crunch tackles but overall controlled the game well and let it flow contributing to a great game. 

Well done Falmouth and good luck in your cup chases. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Wendron is the storm capital of Cornwall...I feel sorry for the horse, he cant even see the football now the stand is up...or has it blown away yet?

Where is the village? never seen it, just a couple of houses on the corner...lol

Ha he’s now got his own private viewing box on top of a couple of hay bails. 
Very true! And the people who live in those houses are cricket fans! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Trooper said:

Le Boss, well dons for being a keyboard warrior. Try getting to a game or 2.

 

1 hour ago, The Trooper said:

Le Boss, well dons for being a keyboard warrior. Try getting to a game or 2.

Been to plenty thanks and my name is not Dons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 2 v 3 Falmouth

One of the most enjoyable games I have watched this season, even with a loss. The pitch was heavy but held up very well so well done to Camelford’s grounds men. Falmouth’s away support was excellent - nice to meet Jeff and those F Troop present, few muttering about the boom box(which I loved) and first time I have seen singing and dancing in Camelford’s bar BEFORE a game! Made for a really ‘family’ atmosphere both sets of supporters with ages ranging from boys and girls through to some in their 80’s 


As for the game, you know it’s going to be a tough one when facing a team with Barnes / Ward / Cooper at the back, a much lauded midfield and the likes of Brolingo and Johnson up front with Nixon and Jordan Annear on the bench.


The game started at a pace with Falmouth scoring in the first few minutes through poor defensive work and a goal mouth scramble, however Camelford equalised within 2 minutes through a Kian blistering shot. The game settled down with both teams playing some lovely football - Falmouth looking to play wide at every opportunity and Camelford relying on their very impressive midfield. Changing point in the game came late in the first half, another mirror of the first goal saw Falmouth go 2-1 up and within 2 minutes a poor Camels clearance fell to the Falmouth number 2 who fired home from distance - I was in line and it was a goal as soon as it left his boot! 1-3 and half time. 

Second half saw Camelford dominate possession and in fairness quality in midfield. Falmouth countered well and bar for some very poor decision making could have scored a couple (as in the first half) but butchered them. 
Camelford were denied a stonewall penalty decision for an agricultural challenge, however were later awarded a penalty for a similar challenge - converted by Ed (poor penalty that Barnes very nearly got to, but a goals a goal). Camelford kept pushing but time ran out and Falmouth took the points - no complaints they created more good chances and could / should have been further ahead, but on the second half performance Camels could of sneaked a point.

I know people will refer to league positions but if you want to watch a team play attractive football with really skilful players you will struggle to do better than watch Camelford - oh for an out and out front man / striker. 


Thought the officials did well, a few strange calls for throw ins / corners and the ref was a bit ‘timid’ in the rare crunch tackles but overall controlled the game well and let it flow contributing to a great game. 

Well done Falmouth and good luck in your cup chases. 
 

Thanks for your assessment of the game bob .we do like to liven things up everywhere we go ,win or lose .There was one old boy in one of the stands though that wasn't appreciative of the singing and demanded the linesman call the referee over to put a stop to it as it shouldn't be allowed .😁😂🤣 .That was my 1rst visit to Trefew and was impressed with your setup . Very friendly people apart from the chap who doesn't like the singing 😁 nice cuppa and cheeseburger at half time as well .On the playing front you have a very capable side who certainly gave us a game .Good to see Bobby Hopkinson back on the sidelines again ,shame about his yellow card though .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 2-0 St.Blazey 

Bodmin's worst performance of the season, not fluent, & no rythem. However to play badly, & still win with a clean sheet can only be a positive thing for the squad. Always comfortable, keeping St.Blazey playing Infront of a condensed Bodmin unit. Blazey never threatened, with Gilby able to give everyone some minutes, always a plus when content in games. 

Disappointed to here a foul mouth tirade from the Away dugout towards the Ref, fortunately for them he didn't hear it ... Or else I could see their fine pot getting larger .  🙈 

Blazey fans a pleasure as always, fortunately the hooligans weren't obviously asked to attend this week, the Bodmin 'B' troop were ready with walking sticks  🧐

At the Falmouth game last week the St Blazey management seemed more intent on moaning at the officials than perhaps trying to concentrate on how to stop them (Falmouth). Although, without wanting to single them out too much, it is sadly becoming a trend in football these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Priory Park to watch the "two bad boys" of Cornish football on Saturday.  I enjoyed the game although i am sure it could have been better, the pitch must have been border line playable as it look very soft and heavy.

Very much a game of two half's with Bodmin being the better side in the first, and St Blazey in the second, the real main difference was that Bodmin took their chances.  Personally thought the dug outs behaviour was good, didn't hear or see anything untoward as suggested by somebody else.

There wasn't a bad challenge in the game or anything silly from player or fan!

St Blazey i think will be disappointed, they had several opportunity in the second half, with a mixture of poor finishing and good goalkeeping.

Thought the officials had a decent game.

JW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

Personally thought the dug outs behaviour was good, didn't hear or see anything untoward as suggested by somebody else.

Interesting contrast to elsewhere! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 07:25, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 2-0 St.Blazey 

Bodmin's worst performance of the season, not fluent, & no rythem. However to play badly, & still win with a clean sheet can only be a positive thing for the squad. Always comfortable, keeping St.Blazey playing Infront of a condensed Bodmin unit. Blazey never threatened, with Gilby able to give everyone some minutes, always a plus when content in games. 

Disappointed to here a foul mouth tirade from the Away dugout towards the Ref, fortunately for them he didn't hear it ... Or else I could see their fine pot getting larger .  🙈 

Blazey fans a pleasure as always, fortunately the hooligans weren't obviously asked to attend this week, the Bodmin 'B' troop were ready with walking sticks  🧐

2 awful teams and an awful game. How far Bodmin have slipped is unbelievable. Both managers excellent at swearing 🤪🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pebbles8 said:

2 awful teams and an awful game. How far Bodmin have slipped is unbelievable. Both managers excellent at swearing 🤪🤪

🤣🤣

One with a significantly bigger trophy cabinet 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't have thought St  Blazey's trophy cabinet was that much bigger than Bodmin's  either way it doesn't make much difference as neither club took promotion. Just paper prizes worth nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2020 at 09:59, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Wendron is the storm capital of Cornwall...I feel sorry for the horse, he cant even see the football now the stand is up...or has it blown away yet?

Where is the village? never seen it, just a couple of houses on the corner...lol

Great ground, stand and facilities though older. Nice people too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dobwalls 4 Godolphin 1

The home side could have scored several more if it were not for the determined defending of the visitors who despite being outplayed never gave up.

It is sad to see a club who came up through the junior ranks to reach the top tier to find themselves in such decline and unless a miracle happens relegation looms. It must be heart breaking for Tanya and those who have worked so hard to achieve what they have over the last 10 years or more.

They are not the first club to find themselves in this position and hopefully they will be able to turn things around in the near future.

Good luck for the rest of the season and beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2020 at 20:59, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nothing wrong with Wendron buddy, just need to move it two miles down the road to warmer climes...lol

Not now we’ve got our massive fooodlights. Turn them on and it’s like Costa Del ‘Dron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2020 at 20:59, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nothing wrong with Wendron buddy, just need to move it two miles down the road to warmer climes...lol

Ah you're tough older - you'll survive it. Hot food is good there too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 February 2020 at 20:59, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nothing wrong with Wendron buddy, just need to move it two miles down the road to warmer climes...lol

Penryn is not exactly the Algarve!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...