Cornwall Football Forum

RRL ECPL FIXTURES SATURDAY 25th JANUARY

My predictions for today's games.

GSM vs Foxhole. Away win for me. GSM solid at home, but I imagine Foxhole will be relentless enough to encourage mistakes and create chances to get the 3pts.

Looe vs Padstow. I don't know much about Padstow yet as haven't seen them yet this season. 8pts vs 8pts in the table but on differing games played, I imagine Looe's home advantage on their windswept slope will see them triumphant.

St Cleer vs MG.Tie of the weekend. St Cleer in 8th position isn't a true judge of quality for me, with little games played so far, and having beaten MG once already this season. However, I think MG will be out for revenge and come out winners. Gary Cornish will have his work cut out there today.

St Minver vs Roche. Home win.

St Teath vs North Peth. I've praised St Teath before on this forum for what they're trying to achieve with such a young team. But I can't see anything but an away win for Wayne and his North Peth side.

Good luck to all and hope the games go ahead.

Considering there's a lot of fixtures still to play, there's a lot of sides not scheduled to play today. No games for St Dom, Marjons, Newquay, Veryan, St Stephen. Surely some of these have yet to play eachother? 

On 24/01/2020 at 15:23, Shouter said:

Not wanting to steel ECPL's thunder...

All 2.30pm kick off

Gerrans & St Mawes 4 Foxhole Stars 1

Looe Town 5 Padstow United 0

St Blazey Reserves 0 Torpoint Athletic Thirds 1

St Cleer 2 Mount Gould 4

St Minver 4 Roche 4

St Teath 3 North Petherwin 2

9 minutes ago, LiamCheeks1 said:

Good shift from us today. Unlucky not to get a point. We were good at the back and Bruce Campbell was on another level in the middle of the park. Onto the next one. Blazzeeeeeey

Credit to the Blazey lads who worked very very hard today and made life difficult for us for the whole game. But, unlucky not to get a point? I’m not sure about that.

Torpoint keeper not tested in the whole 90 mins and away side hit post, bar, missed pen, missed 2 when clean through and should have been out of sight by half time. Once again, poor finishing let us down.

Not a game for the purist, but 3 points is all it is and we move on also!!

10 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

My predictions for today's games.

GSM vs Foxhole. Away win for me. GSM solid at home, but I imagine Foxhole will be relentless enough to encourage mistakes and create chances to get the 3pts.

Looe vs Padstow. I don't know much about Padstow yet as haven't seen them yet this season. 8pts vs 8pts in the table but on differing games played, I imagine Looe's home advantage on their windswept slope will see them triumphant.

St Cleer vs MG.Tie of the weekend. St Cleer in 8th position isn't a true judge of quality for me, with little games played so far, and having beaten MG once already this season. However, I think MG will be out for revenge and come out winners. Gary Cornish will have his work cut out there today.

St Minver vs Roche. Home win.

St Teath vs North Peth. I've praised St Teath before on this forum for what they're trying to achieve with such a young team. But I can't see anything but an away win for Wayne and his North Peth side.

Good luck to all and hope the games go ahead.

Considering there's a lot of fixtures still to play, there's a lot of sides not scheduled to play today. No games for St Dom, Marjons, Newquay, Veryan, St Stephen. Surely some of these have yet to play eachother? 

Veryan tried to sort to play St Stephen but we wer informed there was very little chance of getting a ref & that we'd still end up with no fixture when we're do to play one another in February 

On 24/01/2020 at 15:23, Shouter said:

Not wanting to steel ECPL's thunder...

All 2.30pm kick off

Gerrans & St Mawes v Foxhole Stars

Looe Town v Padstow United

St Blazey Reserves v Torpoint Athletic Thirds

St Cleer v Mount Gould

St Minver v Roche

St Teath v North Petherwin

Gerrans 4-1 Foxhole

Dave Deacon 1-0 JC

DD clearly knows more about football than I do 😂, great prediction