Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday 18 January 2020

PREMIERSHIP

Troon AFC                       1-0        Camborne School Of Mines

(Double header at Troon 2x 60 min matches)

Mawnan                             P-P             Holman Sports Club

Newlyn Non-Athletico       3-3            Illogan RBL Reserves

Probus                                3-1           Goonhavern Athletic

Stithians                             P-P         Newlyn Lions

Threemilestone                 P-P         Lanner

Camborne SoM                  2-4          Troon AFC

(Double header at Troon 2 x 60 min matches)

CHAMPIONSHIP

Constantine                     P-P          Mullion Reserves

Falmouth Town AFC 3rd    2-3           New Inn Titans

Ludgvan Reserves             3-1         RNAS Culdrose Reserves

St Ives Mariners                 1-6          Mawnan Reserves

West Cornwall                   4-2        Gwinear Churchtown

DIVISION 1

Frogpool & Cusgarne Res    8-1         St Agnes Thirds

Holman Sports Club Res    5-3        Falmouth DC

Perranwell Reserves          2-2             St Just

Rosudgeon Reserves        P-P            Praze

St Day Thirds                      P-P             Wendron United Fourths

St Erme                               2-5            Redruth United Reserves

DIVISION 2

Falmouth United               2-3            St Ives Town FC Reserves

Goonhavern Athletic Res   2-2            Lizard Argyle Reserves

New Inn Titans FC Res       0-6          Chacewater

St Buryan                           0-1             Stithians Reserves

Storm FC                             1-4           Probus Reserves

Threemilestone Reserves   P-P             Constantine Reserves

Tregony FC                         13-2         Four Lanes Reserves

Probus 3 Goonhavern 1

Trelawny Premiership

The conditions were really tough for both teams with the soft ground being the biggest challenge, which made staying on your feet very difficult. Both teams competed well but I thought that we (Probus) deserved the win after having the better chances.

We led 1-0 at halftime but I can't remember how we scored or who scored it (probably because I've headed the ball too much over the years!) We knew that we had to defend well because one slip would let Goonhavern back into the game. We increased our lead about halfway through the second half when Dean Southworth headed in a corner but Goonhavern responded and made it 2-1 with a good finish. They then had their best spell of the game and could have equalised but for a goal bound shot being deflected wide. We then made it 3-1 shortly after when George Marris scored with a good finish (after earlier blasting over from about 3 yards!).

This was a good competitive game, in as difficult conditions as I can remember playing in. Thanks to the referee, Tim Reeks, who had a good game. We move up to 8th, level on points with Newlyn Lions in 7th. No game for us next week and our next game is away at leaders Holmans in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

Div 1 st. Erme 2 Redruth United development 5

Some development side!!!!

Credit to Redruth today who deserved their win. St Erme started brightly and could’ve been 2 or 3 up within the 1st 15 mins, but only one side were at it after that and deserved the win.

Redruth worked harder and battled harder, St Erme were as poor as I can remember but that is taking nothing at all away from the visitors.

As their results show, they will be a tough game for anyone this season and having already beaten Rosudgeon and drawing with St Just then that shows what a decent side they really are.

Holmans Res 5 (2) v (3) 3 Falmouth Dc. Thought we were dead and buried in the first 15min 0-2 down following a pitching wedge shot from about 20yds out that Adam in goal watched soar over his head startlingly reminiscent of former Holmans goalkeeping legend Jimmy Hosking during his lobbed from the halfway period in the late 90's. Luckily we rallied, reorganised deckchairs and some how got back to 2-2. 5 Min before half time Adam came for a cross in a very determined manner but had an onset of limp wristiness allowing Falmouth to sneak in 2-3 up at half time. More organising of the deckchairs at half time seemed to do the trick and 2 quick goals saw the home side take the lead for the first time adding a 5th with about 20min to go. Pitch very heavy not quite conditions that Peppa Pig would be proud to wallow around in but a bit energy sapping for our more 'senior players' (me included 44 might be the time to retire :)......or maybe not) Anyway much needed 3 points in the relegation dogfight at the bottom of Div1 but on to a tough Home fixture against Rosudgeon next week

1 hour ago, jolzy10 said:

Credit to Redruth today who deserved their win. St Erme started brightly and could’ve been 2 or 3 up within the 1st 15 mins, but only one side were at it after that and deserved the win.

Redruth worked harder and battled harder, St Erme were as poor as I can remember but that is taking nothing at all away from the visitors.

As their results show, they will be a tough game for anyone this season and having already beaten Rosudgeon and drawing with St Just then that shows what a decent side they really are.

Thanks for the nice words mate it was a good game we know it was going to be a hard game but my players today was top draw and we had too 

3 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

One first team player is all that played today jolzy10. The boys are finally putting a run together. Nice easy game next week st. Just away ?

11 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

One first team player is all that played today jolzy10. The boys are finally putting a run together. Nice easy game next week st. Just away ?

By the way I just want to say I wasn’t meaning that you had a load of 1st teamers in when I said ‘some development side’ I meant that it was a great team you had against us yesterday.

Like I said you were by far the better side and deserved the result!

Good luck next week!!!

9 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

By the way I just want to say I wasn’t meaning that you had a load of 1st teamers in when I said ‘some development side’ I meant that it was a great team you had against us yesterday.

Like I said you were by far the better side and deserved the result!

Good luck next week!!!

No problem mate did not think that. It was a good game to watch.

Newlyn NA 3 (1) -v- (3) 5 Illogan Res

I believe that was the final score...  ??

A much better performance by Newlyn than the last time the teams met a few weeks ago. Illogan took the lead, header from a corner I recall, then Newlyn hit back with a 30 yard screamer. Illogan with 2 further strikes to keep their noses in front. Second half saw a lot of Illogan pressure with not much to show for it. They did get another couple of goals, but Newlyn were continually pressing, and did get another 2 goals themselves, which would have made life very interesting if they had put away a couple of the first half decent chances they had made.

Hopefully the referee didn’t have too many aches and pains after the match, after being pole-axed midway through the second half. She put in a fine performance.

Good luck to Illogan for their remaining fixtures, of which they have quite a few!

15 hours ago, Mangle said:

Hopefully the referee didn’t have too many aches and pains after the match, after being pole-axed midway through the second half. She put in a fine performance.

My lower backs still painful. Those pitches hurt a lot more then grass pitches 🤕