Launceston      P-P    Bodmin Town

Mousehole      10-0    Godolphin Atlantic

Penzance      0-3     Helston Athletic

St Dennis     P-P    Callington Town

Wendron United    0-2    Newquay

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP,

3rd Round

Falmouth Town     4-2    Torridgeside AFC

Dissapointed with Mousehole today for scoring 9 vs the G i had them down to loose there 3rd game in a row 8-0 and they had to score  9 thats not on Mousehole , going to need a miracle for the G to stay up after Stickers win last night at St Blazey get a new manager in G before its too late ,got a couple of easy games coming up at the G in a couple of weeks Bodmin at Saltash to come things dont get any easier . my next games will be up Newquay next week to see them vs Portheleven then the big 1 at St Austell where my title favourites Helston will be playing looking forward to that .Well done to Helston great win at Penzance today

4 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Dissapointed with Mousehole today for scoring 9 vs the G i had them down to loose there 3rd game in a row 8-0 and they had to score  9 thats not on Mousehole , going to need a miracle for the G to stay up after Stickers win last night at St Blazey get a new manager in G before its too late ,got a couple of easy games coming up at the G in a couple of weeks Bodmin at Saltash to come things dont get any easier . my next games will be up Newquay next week to see them vs Portheleven then the big 1 at St Austell where my title favourites Helston will be playing looking forward to that .Well done to Helston great win at Penzance today

Think they scored 10, I wasn't there but sure their social media said 10

Went to watch Saltash at dobwalls today. It was great to see such a nice ground and a lovely clubhouse. The game ended with a comfortable 4-0 victory for the ashes against an impressive dobwalls team. 
However I have to have a little bit of a moan! Unfortunately there was absolutely no food available at half-time for the 90 plus supporters that were present which means that a potential income of possibly £200 or more has been missed out on. Unfortunately this isn’t the first club I’ve known that this has happened to on a regular basis and maybe a little bit of discussion with the people that run the snack bar may have been sensible. I do understand that with the dodgy weather at the moment it may be difficult to buy food in just in case of a postponement but it may be a good idea to get some tins of hotdogs and maybe grab some Rolls before the game as a back up.Especially as there is a massive Morrison’s store less than 2 miles away

fans expect a little more and it’s disappointing to see.

2 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Went to watch Saltash at dobwalls today. It was great to see such a nice ground and a lovely clubhouse. The game ended with a comfortable 4-0 victory for the ashes against an impressive dobwalls team. 
However I have to have a little bit of a moan! Unfortunately there was absolutely no food available at half-time for the 90 plus supporters that were present which means that a potential income of possibly £200 or more has been missed out on. Unfortunately this isn’t the first club I’ve known that this has happened to on a regular basis and maybe a little bit of discussion with the people that run the snack bar may have been sensible. I do understand that with the dodgy weather at the moment it may be difficult to buy food in just in case of a postponement but it may be a good idea to get some tins of hotdogs and maybe grab some Rolls before the game as a back up.Especially as there is a massive Morrison’s store less than 2 miles away

What was the game like ?

Camelford 0-2 Liskeard

Good game of football on a very very soggy pitch. Both sides played some very entertaining football, Liskeard a much improved team from when Camels beat them at theirs earlier in the season. The story of the game was more about which team took the chances, or more specifically the chances the officials gave them - Liskeard did so, so no complaints about the result. The first half saw Camels dominate early on, but when Boxy beat his player about 30 yards out, for a moment it looked like Camels may take an early lead before being copped down(yellow and too far out for anything else) - the referee then started to produce one yellow after another (mainly but not exclusively to Liskeard). The game management was poor as a red looked a certainly in a game with few bad tackles. Liskeard took the lead from a clear foul (not given) but great finish by James (hope he is okay after coming off in the second half). 1-0 HT

Second half saw Liskeard protect their lead - Camels having more possession - but in fairness not creating too much - oh for a striker! The one difference being that the ref had obviously had a word with herself and decided the game didn’t warrant a red so booked nobody - for some far worse challenged than in the first half (if I were honest I would say I think she forgot who had been given cards so didn’t want to make it worse)

Then three decisions sealed the game. A Camels goal disallowed for offside (the ball was passed backwards?), a stone wall penalty not given for Camelford (sign of the times but the striker was pulled back by the arm so hard his head shook, but he stayed on his feet - apparently you have to throw yourself to the ground) and finally a (converted) penalty to Liskeard given to a player who was so far offside as to make the decision amusing (literally 5 yards plus) made all the worse as the official was an ex Liskeard goalkeeping legend. 

I know I will be berated for criticising officials and that was not my intention - but the bottom line is the final result was all about them. You get good days and bad - and I was impressed with Liskeard but the final outcome was down to who got / took the breaks and Liskeard did - and well done to them

Good luck for season, Liskeard, a good good team. 

Camelford 0 Liskeard Athletic 2

When you get two sides who try to play the game the right way you know you can't go wrong.

This was an extremely competitive decent game of football that was well worth the admission fee.

Trefrew Park looked a picture in the sunshine.

The pitch looked superb considering all the downpours we've had this month. It stood up really well to the task throughout the game. Credit to the ground staff.

Camelford probably started favourites but Liskeard were extremely unlucky not to win at Bodmin last week, an intriguing contest lay ahead for us.

What we got was a really good game, both sides dominated at ever changing periods of the 90 minutes.

The lady referee did her best to keep a lid on things as both clubs did their utmost to take command. A task not helped by a certain person in the home dug-out continually giving her grief throughout the entire game. Even the linesman was diplomatically showing his dismay at the rather selfish tirade echoing around the ground. I thought she did a rather good job considering the pace of the game ( a few incidents apart). When will people realise how difficult a referees job actually is?

Liskeard gradually emerged worthy winners with a sterling all round performance. Special mentions go out to all action James Lorenz (who worryingly had to be helped off the pitch with a nasty looking injury midway through the second half), a live wire Ben Collins and midfield maestro Jarrod Woods. Liskeard truly put a shift in.

The visitors increased their 0-1 half time lead with a second half penalty. The Camelford keeper was lucky not to get a straight red, he even ended up avoiding a booking (which was a bit of a strange one considering the attacker was clear through on goal).

With niggles, genuine injuries and bookings stacking up it was 5pm before the game ended. 

You could see what this league victory meant to the Liskeard lads, especially after the run of bad luck they've had recently.

An enjoyable match for sure. 

Uwdi - wish I’d known you were there as would have said hello - love your reports. I never ‘ref bash’ but would be interested in your view as to why so many yellows were issued in the first half but similar challenges in the second were not - I know it will be said ‘game management’ but that implies control has been gained - which for me it hadn’t - or the three decisions I referred to above. You are right about the Camels keeper on the ‘offside’ penalty - clear foul, should have been a yellow (no red as double jeopardy) - but nothing issued at all?? 
As I said no complaints about Liskeard winning and good luck to them - perhaps some of the comments from the dugs out (you didn’t mention the continuous questioning from the other dug out) - May have been a slight feeling of imbalanced officiating outcome on the day- who knows? 

4 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

I was at the game. Think you will find they were short on helpers, and I dint think it helped when they game was confirmed playable late morning. It’s a catch 22 situation, your dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. 

but credit to the ‘volunteers’ at Dobwalls FC they done a grand job to get the game played and for serving hot drinks during the afternoon to keep the supporters warm. 

On the field cracking effort by Dobwalls, but Saltash went up a couple of gears in the second half to win comfortably. 

11 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Uwdi - wish I’d known you were there as would have said hello - love your reports. I never ‘ref bash’ but would be interested in your view as to why so many yellows were issued in the first half but similar challenges in the second were not - I know it will be said ‘game management’ but that implies control has been gained - which for me it hadn’t - or the three decisions I referred to above. You are right about the Camels keeper on the ‘offside’ penalty - clear foul, should have been a yellow (no red as double jeopardy) - but nothing issued at all?? 
As I said no complaints about Liskeard winning and good luck to them - perhaps some of the comments from the dugs out (you didn’t mention the continuous questioning from the other dug out) - May have been a slight feeling of imbalanced officiating outcome on the day- who knows? 

Thank you for your comments Bob. Likewise it would've been nice to say hello. To be honest I'm a bit cautious these days about going up to somebody and saying "Hello are you Bald Brian off the Footballers In Wigs Site" only to be chased back to the car park. I'm pretty much pants when it comes to putting possible names to faces. My apology.

Yes there were plenty of cards early doors from the referee, perhaps it may have been a justifiable attempt to establish a code of conduct due to the high intensity of the opening stages of the contest. Whilst it was an entertaining game it couldn't have been easy to referee.

As for dug out shouting, yes Liskeard probably did it as well but the only bloke audible in every part of the ground was the chap in the home hut. This extended to getting in the lady referees ear during the way back to the half time changing rooms. I got the impression the accompanying linesman thought it was out of order even in the harsh reality of non league. I still feel the referee did a reasonably good job out there.

Hopefully we may (somehow) bump into each other at a local game soon. Although we seem to differ on a couple of things I respect your views.

All the best.

Sort of agree with Rocky,  think Dobwalls have done a great job with the facilities but a bit of hot food and a cup tea in this weather would have gone down well. Actually got there 25 minutes early as well today for a change and there were no programmes left! Still, a decent game for a fiver, hard working well organised Dobwalls against a ruthless talented Saltash. Players did well on a tricky pitch that stood up really well. Credit to Dobwalls for getting the game on. 👍👏🏼 Made the attendance 96 halfway through the 2nd half. 

I thought the lady ref did a reasonable job at Camelford but got some mandatory decisions wrong which is a big no no if she was being assessed. Her mark would come tumbling down. The players didn't make it easy for her with constant  moaning. If she gets promotion she will need to toughen up  as this league is an angels choir compared with the higher leagues but the linesmen will be better.