Dave Deacon

FIXTURES - Friday 17 January 2020

FRIDAY JANUARY 17, 2020

SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

PREMIER WEST

AFC St Austell          P-P        Wadebridge Town 

St Blazey                 0-2         Sticker

St blazey 0 sticker 2 

Awful awful awful blazey performance no idea defensively no creativity and they offer little up front  poor discipline  aswell. Management lost their heads completely 

Great effort from sticker fully deserved win 

Nothing up front ? They have Levi landricombe up there and Carl Richard  

Mind not sure it’s doing much for the team when levi starting Infront of regular players and he only using the club to get fit. 

55 minutes ago, Footballlover442 said:

St blazey 0 sticker 2 

Awful awful awful blazey performance no idea defensively no creativity and they offer little up front  poor discipline  aswell. Management lost their heads completely 

Great effort from sticker fully deserved win 

What were your thoughts about the possible penalty decision that St Blazey didn't get early second half when 1-0 to Sticker?

That Levi looked awful had a few half chances and missed the lot 

I was stood right in front of the incidence. Now there was contact on the striker from the defender he's kicked out at him I thought the ref had blown for a pen but he booked him for diving. Difficult one to call given the refs position wasn't the best but I think sticker got away very lucky with that on another day it's given as a pen 

44 minutes ago, baldy said:

I was in the stand like you DD. Thought it was a stonewall pen. And so did the people behind the goal. Ref got it wrong but it happens.

Although at the time of the incident I was by the tea hut - looked a penalty to me too!

Not a good night on the pitch thats for sure. First half not to bad but second half we didnt get going. 

Still, a healthy crowd on a cold Friday night in January. A busy clubhouse and the tea hut was busy. 

Over all, its not been to bad.

Well done Sticker, you have some promising youngsters in your midst who upset every result prediction for the night, hang on to them if you can, they are your future ! 👍

Please don't disappoint Leeds, lets hear about what it costs to put a team out at Blazey 😅

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Joel Cockings my man of the match for Sticker. Apart from his penalty which still hasnt landed, a very good performance.

Wasn’t he a St. Blazey 2nd team player a couple of seasons ago? Got some first team action too I believe, but was never given the opportunities or support that he deserved.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

He definitely played for the 2nds. Ive no idea why he didnt get on here. These things happen unfortunately. 

Joel said he left St.Blazey Paul because all of the Squad apart from 2 are from Plymouth & his face didn't fit, also the training each week up in Plymouth was a difficult thing to commit to ( although playing for a Cornish club & having to train every week in Plymouth seems crazy ?? )

Thought you did a great job in getting the game on last night, should imagine the pitch wasn't a pretty sight this morning! Well done Paul. 

As for the game Sticker completely overpowered St.Blazey, & Sticker missed a penalty as well. Sticker wanted to win more it seemed. Joel playing very well as mentioned. 

An expensive evening with the budget, &  more Sticker fans than Home supporters. Management embarrassed in the bar it seemed 🙈

You spoil those players with that surface Paul! Fantastic.