DIVISION 2

Constantine Reserves         0-3          Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Four Lanes Reserves           2-13        New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Lizard Argyle Reserves        2-6          Chacewater

St Ives Town FC Reserves   1-1          Tregony FC

Storm FC                                1-5          St Buryan

Threemilestone Reserves 10-3        Stithians Reserves

23 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Apologies to Praze and St.Erme from me , had not spotted Mariners were also fixtured at home today .
Tried to arrange something different but clubs couldn’t agree .

It can’t be helped, frustrating but one of those things.

We did offer to host Praze but that was declined due to them not wanting to lose home advantage.

And so we have two squads of lads with nothing to do now, but like I said it’s one of those things.

15 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

It can’t be helped, frustrating but one of those things.

We did offer to host Praze but that was declined due to them not wanting to lose home advantage.

And so we have two squads of lads with nothing to do now, but like I said it’s one of those things.

Pub sounds like a good idea 🍺

Division 1

Penzance Reserves 7-0 St Agnes Thirds

Att - 31

Penzance won but forwards played poorly! Had 80% of the ball, 95%  of the attacking football. St Agnes who were  under-strength played a "Stand-In-The-Way" game for long periods winning the ball that way. Pz strikers shooting on sight but wasted as Aggy keeper played really well. 3-0 up at half-time. Second half the only thing Pz keeper had to do was to grab one lobbed ball. Goals from Luke Carroll 2, Jacob Paull 2, Ryan Weeks 2, Daniel Burt

Perranwell 3-3 Rosudgeon

if ever a game was ruined by a referee it was today! 
in what was the most mild mannered and fairly fought game, the referee decided to make his mark. 
5 sin bins (all over which were over the allotted 10 minutes, one being 15 minutes) one yellow card and a penalty.
All of the sin bins were for talking to the referee, no swearing or aggression involved! At one point a player asked why he was not given a free kick for a clear foul. 
I know we are short of referees but I have no choice but to be critical.

in terms of the game the draw was perhaps a fair result but given we played the majority of the game with 10 men after being 2-0 up in 10 minutes it was to be expected. 

We move on! 

Probus 4 Newlyn Non-Athletico 3

I await @Mangle's report with interest!

Newlyn will be gutted not to get something from the game and the battled really well from start to finish. The game was played in heavy conditions that hampered both teams. NNA took the lead when their centre forward slid the ball home from close range after being played through by his strike partner. We equalised not long after when Ben Daniel headed home from a corner. NNA had a goal disallowed when a free-kick from 30 yards hit the bar and their player reacted first and then over head kicked the ball into the net, but unfortunately for him he was offside. I then hit the bar with a header from another corner but it remained 1-1 until halftime. 

NNA took the lead when from a corner our defending was shocking and their centre forward finished well. We had a few chances but eventually equalised when our keeper, Chaz Bowyer, kicked from his hands and it travelled the length of the pitch and with the Newlyn keeper waiting for it Josh Penrose jumped higher and headed the ball in. Jack Truscott slotted home from close range to put us 3-2 up but then NNA capitalised on a defensive error to make it 3-3 with a few minutes left. Then came the real drama when there was a foul by a NNA player on one of our players. They felt aggrieved because they thought there was a foul on their player beforehand. The NNA was given a straight red - I'm not sure whether it was for the foul or something he said. Dean Southworth then fired the freekick home over the keeper and to earn us all 3 points. One of the NNA players kept having a go at the ref and he received a straight red before the game kicked off again. I believe it was for foul and abusive language. The game kicked off again with a NNA player shooting at goal and that was the last kick of the game.

Im sure Newlyn will be dissapointed to take no points from the game when, in my opinion, the deserved at least a draw and on another day they would have won. We missed lots of chances and our defending was poor. Thanks to the referee, Callum Gillman, who I thought had a good game - it's the first time I've ever been involved in a game where the ref used spray to indicate where the free kick and 10 yard marks were! Goonhavern at home for us next week.

29 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Division 1

Penzance Reserves 7-0 St Agnes Thirds

Att - 31

Penzance won but forwards played poorly! Had 80% of the ball, 95%  of the attacking football. St Agnes who were  under-strength played a "Stand-In-The-Way" game for long periods winning the ball that way. Pz strikers shooting on sight but wasted as Aggy keeper played really well. 3-0 up at half-time. Second half the only thing Pz keeper had to do was to grab one lobbed ball. Goals from Luke Carroll 2, Jacob Paull 2, Ryan Weeks 2, Daniel Burt

Daniel Burt lol

50 minutes ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

Perranwell 3-3 Rosudgeon

if ever a game was ruined by a referee it was today! 
in what was the most mild mannered and fairly fought game, the referee decided to make his mark. 
5 sin bins (all over which were over the allotted 10 minutes, one being 15 minutes) one yellow card and a penalty.
All of the sin bins were for talking to the referee, no swearing or aggression involved! At one point a player asked why he was not given a free kick for a clear foul. 
I know we are short of referees but I have no choice but to be critical.

in terms of the game the draw was perhaps a fair result but given we played the majority of the game with 10 men after being 2-0 up in 10 minutes it was to be expected. 

We move on! 

Evenly contested in the middle of the park, other than a free kick and the three tap ins Perranwell didn't muster another shot on goal. Rosudgeon wasted too many chances and keeper made a good penalty save. Like you said very mild mannered but having has the red previously he did the same at Wendron to us sin bin for asking a simple question, which you're allowed to do.

See you chaps in the return fixture 

Frogpool Reserves just edged Troon Reserves in a very tight affair on an immaculate pitch At the Richard Jory Playing Field. The Frogs rode their luck for most of the game but managed to take the win in slightly controversial circumstances - the controversy being that it was only 15-0 and not 25 or 30.

Definitely a day to forget after a difficult week for us following a change in management, a last minute scramble to find players and someone forgetting to collect the kit leaving us with very little time for a warm up or team talk, but we showed up, took a hammering, kept running and didn’t moan (much).

We were never expecting to get anything from this game but weren’t quite expecting  the quality we faced. Some players playing well below their standard (I’m sure they are all friends and local lads who just want to enjoy their football with their mates, before anyone starts with that line - I’m not complaining, I’m complimenting you on your quality!) and I’m sure some of them MUST have been wearing specially adapted boots to cope with the thick sticky bog that developed through the middle of the park, but I think they were without doubt the best footballing side we’ve faced this season. 

A huge thanks to the two volunteer refs from Frogpool who shared officiating duties for 90 mins, returning the favour we did them a few weeks back at our place.

Also thanks for food at the pub. All the best for the rest of the season.

We hope to regroup and come back stronger in a couple of weeks time, versus Falmouth DC in what could be a very big game for us as we continue our quest to break our duck.

Mawnan 1-3 Gwin 
Great performance from the boys. Made up for last week, almost 😂 a very physical affair on a heavy pitch which made it difficult to play football on which suited the physical Mawnan outfit. They took the lead in the first 5 minutes through my boys still being in changing room asleep. But we equalized midway through the half through a delightful finish from Sam Charlton. 
H-T 1-1
Second half down the slope we made a couple changes and played with more pace. Took the lead early on with a goal from Josh Bevis. We had more and more chances and capitalized with another neat finish from Bevis after hard work from Scott Goodchild on the wing. Mawnan playing with the wind had possession but didn’t really trouble our goal. This showed when a few challenges from the home side weren’t the best and a little lack of discipline. But we had the last laugh by beating them 3-1. Great performance and work rate from the boys. Shame we lost last week 🙄🙄🙄🙄

MOM Josh Bevis. 

West Cornwall away next week. Another hard game but we can’t wait. 
🖤🤍🖤🤍

3 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Div 2

Threemilestone 10  Stithians 3  h/t 7-1

Game sportingly played and well controlled by stand-in referee Threemilestone's Shane Meyer with the appointed referee taken ill before kick off.

What was the state of the malpas pitch after this game ?

48 minutes ago, number37 said:

Are we to assume that the deafening silence coming out of Holmans means they lost today?

Which team are you referring to? If you mean the 1st team they were in the JC so have stated the result on another thread not related to this one - 2nds went down 0-2

3 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Probus 4 Newlyn Non-Athletico 3

I await @Mangle's report with interest!

Ahhhh maaaan. What a game. No need for my report, you have summed things up quite nicely. Couple of things.....Probus were deserved winners of the game in the end. You missed 2 or 3 very good chances, especially in the second half, to put the game to bed. But your finishing today was wayward, allowing the result to be decided the way it was. If it was 6-3 by the time the last fee kick went in, it would not have felt so heartbreaking for us. All but the last kick of the game in "contentious" circumstances meant it felt really bad, and we were gutted. Also, our first goal was scored by our left back, not the centre forward. Minor point!

There was a fractious feel to the game as we closed in on halftime I thought. I was a little worried that things might "spill over". As you say, the pitch was heavy going, but in all honesty, apart from the final 2 minutes, I think things were pretty good, and nothing boiled over.

What exactly happened in the final minute or so, I am not 100% sure. I was running the line today, and as our defender ran the ball out of defence, it seemed pretty clear from my view (directly opposite the action) that he was fouled. I guess the fact that he kept his feet allowed the ref to continue play, and then I guess he made a foul himself, which the ref did give. Honestly, my view was then obscured. I just rolled my eyes, thinking you had got a foul, instead of us. Why it then descended into a few moments of chaos is beyond me. I was astonished to see the red card. Why? What was it for? I am still not sure, but discussing it with one of the other players after the match, he said both guys just started pushing each other, and I heard the ref telling our manager that "his hands were above shoulder level". Whatever happened, we do feel a little hard-done by. But there you go. It was a great free-kick, and I wonder if Mr Southworth has stopped barking on about it yet 😂😂.

How, at the opposite end, 10 minutes earlier, your player was not yellow-carded for hitching a piggy-back on our forward as he swayed past him is beyond me 🤨.

And finally, in all the games I have run the line in over the years, I never raised the flag today for a single offside. I am not sure that has ever happened to me in game before! I believe your linesman only raised his flag twice today, and interestingly, on both occasions, it was in response to a Newlyn goal. One disallowed, one allowed.

Finally finally, cheers for the free pitcher of beer. after the game Awesome. Good luck for the rest of the season. I believe we may have the return fixture to look forward to?

2 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

Evenly contested in the middle of the park, other than a free kick and the three tap ins Perranwell didn't muster another shot on goal. Rosudgeon wasted too many chances and keeper made a good penalty save. Like you said very mild mannered but having has the red previously he did the same at Wendron to us sin bin for asking a simple question, which you're allowed to do.

See you chaps in the return fixture 

On another note, the lack of a minutes silence for Joe the post wasn’t great. The referees attitude of “ if anyone asks you, we did the silence and the handshakes” was a bit of a joke 

Reffed New Inn Titans 6 - 0 Ludgvan Reserves today. Credit to both teams in VERY muddy conditions both teams made the best of it. New Inn Titans on the whole playing the better football but kept out for 32 minutes before 4 goals in 13 minutes finished the game in all honesty, but with teams folding and unable to raise squads credit to ludgvan who not only continue to put out teams but seem to be improving game on game despite playing what seem to be a new addition or 2 each week. Was a pleasure to refferee. i would like to point out this is now officially the 9th time I have reffed Ludgvan and the 9th time they have lost and the 9th time ive got wet refereeing them. Role on summer. Perhaps fortunes will change like the weather. Well played Both teams and thank you for making it a very easy game to ref.

13 hours ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

On another note, the lack of a minutes silence for Joe the post wasn’t great. The referees attitude of “ if anyone asks you, we did the silence and the handshakes” was a bit of a joke 

I bet it was probably something far more innocent and more a case of no one asked him about a silence! I've seen this happen before. 

Why would he carry one out if he didn't know as to not have done it, he would have known it would offend people.

As for the  the handshake respect thing probably to save time for any delays in the game starting. Especially because at the moment bad weather and fading light are always a consideration. 

16 hours ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

Yes mate totally agree we started to get ready for the hand shake and our captain said what you did... bit naughty really 

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Report the ref as they get total protection from the Ccfa 

The referees certainly don't get protection from Cornwall FA. I know a number of referees who have been reprimanded by the County over recent years - some even serving some quite lengthy suspensions. If anything, County are harder on them than many would think. 

On 12/01/2020 at 14:37, Glen Patterson said:

Ttreemilestone 8-4 CSM

Funny old game. Stones raced to a 6-0 lead in the 1st half, 2nd half the students  never gave up & were much improved & made it a more respectable scoreline than it looked like it might have been. 

School of mines 4, Threemilestone 8.

Good game to watch on the Astro surface at Falmouth after all the weeks of watching players slipping and sliding on boggy pitches.

Threemilestone played some excellent football in the 1st half dominating play especially down the left where Chris Shackley was giving the Schools no7 and no99? a torrid time. Tms took the lead after 12 minutes when Shackley scored direct from a free kick. Two minutes later Shackley crossed from the left for Nathan Brown to score from inside the six yard box. Glenn Patterson scored the 3rd on 18 minutes with a good header from a corner. Shackley scored the 4th linking up well with Joel Snape to cut through the School defence. The stones 5th was fired in by Callum Sidwell after another slick attack from the stones. Shackley made it 6-0 in the 40th when a miss kick from the keeper was returned with interest.

School of mines pulled a goal back right on half time and then a 2nd 7 minutes into the 2nd half when no99 headed in from a free kick. A minute later it was 7-2 with Sidwell banging in another from 20 yards into the bottom corner. On the hour Schools no 11 scored their 3rd with a low shot across the keeper from out on the right. Then a little lull in the scoring until the 88th minute when Sidwell scored his third, again from the edge of the box and a minute later S.o.m. scored the final goal to end the contest at 8-4 to the Stones. The game was very well refereed by the young ref and both teams gave him an easy game.

My m.o.m. Chris Shackley

Att 14. 

On 11/01/2020 at 22:11, Penranwell 2team manager said:

There is a check box for both teams in the fulltime match report that specifically asks if the respect handshake was carried out prior to the game. Don't tick it if it wasn't.

1 hour ago, peggy78 said:

There is a check box for both teams in the fulltime match report that specifically asks if the respect handshake was carried out prior to the game. Don't tick it if it wasn't.

Exactly - as much as the ref can report clubs and players, there are procedures and processes for you Penranwell 2team manager  to report on the officials.