Newquay                      3-0                       Penzance

St Dennis                     1-3              AFC St Austell

Saltash United             5-0                        Callington Town

Wadebridge Town           4-1                  Sticker

Wendron United              2-1                  Porthleven

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP,

3rd Round

Dobwalls                  3-6                        Bovey Tracey

I will change the subject there is so much bickering on this site its like a load of kids you got older having a go at Big AL and then you got Leed UTD having a go at everyone well i will get back to talking about the football and let the kids play with there rattles pathetic really.Ok i went and watched Godolphin get another hammering another 8-0 defeat to Camelford this time ,i thought the G, played well for 20 mins then when the 1st goal went in they just kept on coming and Camelford conceded at 8 .They are a fine young team and have some outstanding players and they simply tore the G apart but the G did try there best and sooner a manager is appointed the better they have only let in 22 goals in the last 3 games , Ethan Fern, in the G goal did some great saves is my man of the match for them and the no 14 for Camelford Mom for them but they had so many good players  Charlie Hambly was also outstanding they where all good and it was good to see Bobby Hopkinson, there after his bad injury and all the best in your recovery you will have a hard job to get back in this fine team . It was good to meet Camelford  supporter and fellow forum fan on here and nice to have a chat about the team . The ref was brilliant, and was leniant with a G player when the player was only booked and it was a clear red thanks ref  we need all the help we can get at the moment . The G army will come good again just need a manager and to stay up this year and rebuild for next season . Well done Camelford great footballing side and You will get there G JUST GOING TO TAKE TIME .Ok i will let the kids continue to throw there toys out of there prams back to Older and Big Al and i expect Leeds Utd will contribute , Well done to Helston beating Falmouth and the old timer that came on for Bodmin and turned the game around for a Bodmin win vs Liskeard his name Darren Gilbert and hes a brilliant manager .Scorers for Camelford BOXALL3 ,HARRISON 2 1PEN .REEVE ,BURNS , ANDREW

43 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I will change the subject there is so much bickering on this site its like a load of kids you got older having a go at Big AL and then you got Leed UTD having a go at everyone well i will get back to talking about the football and let the kids play with there rattles pathetic really.Ok i went and watched Godolphin get another hammering another 8-0 defeat to Camelford this time ,i thought the G, played well for 20 mins then when the 1st goal went in they just kept on coming and Camelford conceded at 8 .They are a fine young team and have some outstanding players and they simply tore the G apart but the G did try there best and sooner a manager is appointed the better they have only let in 22 goals in the last 3 games , Ethan Fern, in the G goal did some great saves is my man of the match for them and the no 14 for Camelford Mom for them but they had so many good players  Charlie Hambly was also outstanding they where all good and it was good to see Bobby Hopkinson, there after his bad injury and all the best in your recovery you will have a hard job to get back in this fine team . It was good to meet Camelford  supporter and fellow forum fan on here and nice to have a chat about the team . The ref was brilliant, and was leniant with a G player when the player was only booked and it was a clear red thanks ref  we need all the help we can get at the moment . The G army will come good again just need a manager and to stay up this year and rebuild for next season . Well done Camelford great footballing side and You will get there G JUST GOING TO TAKE TIME .Ok i will let the kids continue to throw there toys out of there prams back to Older and Big Al and i expect Leeds Utd will contribute , Well done to Helston beating Falmouth and the old timer that came on for Bodmin and turned the game around for a Bodmin win vs Liskeard his name Darren Gilbert and hes a brilliant manager .Scorers for Camelford BOXALL3 ,HARRISON 2 1PEN .REEVE ,BURNS , ANDREW

Darren Gilbert is certainly the best manager in the league and has been for many years.

Mousehole 2v0 St Blazey.

St Blazey reduced to ten men after 35 minutes when the ball held up in the wind and Joyce in goal stepped out the area trying to get to the ball. Straight red. Despite being 2 down St Blazey gave it a right go and only loosing by the 2 goals was a morale victory in the end. 

Nice touch from Mousehole to pick up the St Blazey players who all travelled by train today. 👏

Still no Mousehole program which is a shame. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Great to finally meet you and Smokie - best behaved spectator at any ground!!

Actually came away from today feeling a bit deflated - yes Camelford played some nice football and but for some great saves, last second bobbles on a damaged pitch and wayward finishing - it could and probably should have been 15+. 3 points are great but took no pleasure is seeing the G’s so outclassed. I thought Ethan was fantastic and your captain had a really solid game but they can’t do it all and a couple of G players could easily have seen an ‘early bath’. Really hope the G’s turn it around and soon - Tania and the G stalwarts deserve more. 
Ed will be happy you made him mom - but he gave up trying to score when he managed to hit the crossbar in an open goal from 6 yards!! None of the Camels players took joy out of winning, other than the points. 
Good luck G’s and looking forward to game v Liskeard next week. 

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

Still no Mousehole program which is a shame.

Our understanding is that a programme  even if it's a gloryfied team sheet is obligatory in the Peninsula Premier.
Hopefully Moushole aren't turning in to the Argyle set up of previous years, who believed that the rules were there for everyone else to follow.
Unfortunately they were allowed to get away with a very unprofessional attitude from a professional club.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Having been back in the dugout today to help out the G, I'd just like to say that the players gave everything today. Yes we lost again, yes we conceded 8 again, but this isn't a quick fix. Alot of the players are playing well above their level but keep trying regardless and turn out put a G shirt on and help as we try to sort everything out.

We went in just 2-0 down at half time but better quality and fitness will always show and it did in the second half for Camelford, the lads tried and kept going. I was proud of the effort and attitude displayed by the players and it is only with the commitment that the G will get back to its best.

Finally well played Camelford a really good footballing side, great to see Bobby there after his injury and always nice to see a former player in Luke Howarth who had a really good game at right back. Good luck for the rest of the season Camelford.

Good you are back Andy the fitness showed today ,Camelford where a lot fitter and that showed was Luke Howarth the blonde no2 he was very good but the no14 i thought was there best player ,hope you can turn the G around any luck some of the old players will come back now you are back in the dug out .Wellcome Home

15 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Good you are back Andy the fitness showed today ,Camelford where a lot fitter and that showed was Luke Howarth the blonde no2 he was very good but the no14 i thought was there best player ,hope you can turn the G around any luck some of the old players will come back now you are back in the dug out .Wellcome Home

I'm only back in the short term at the moment Steve to try and offer some support and guidance as the club sort out the other stuff. It's a big task to sort everything out but it is also great club so we have to try and get it back on track

Can anyone help me with the Camelford team list for todays match cant find it anywhere and i would like it to go with the photos i took Thanks Forum .Hope you do come back to the G Andy and rebuild the team 1st signing would be for me Ollie Pinnell when hes fit hes what the G need is a leader at the moment

Bodmin Town 3 Liskeard Athletic 2

A strangely compelling encounter which had gung ho attacking, the fluffing of absolute sitters, passages of true quality and frustrating periods of dross.

We also witnessed a welcome return for seriously injured (and presumed retired) Jack Podmore as the driving force in the Liskeard midfield and an entertaining lengthy run out for Bodmin Manager Darren Gilbert.

This hard fought tussle was a 3 part drama.

First half hour Liskeard were all over Bodmin like a rash. 2-0 up after 10 minutes they certainly should have capitalized on their superiority. The visitors missed numerous chances in this period which dramatically came back to haunt them.

Second part of the drama already had Lance Bailey off injured and Mr Gilbert on. Fair to say it took Darren a short while to find his touch but the influence on the pitch was plain to see. A clueless Bodmin gradually got some confidence and method back, they even sneaked a goal back just before the break. Their momentum increased following a few harsh truths in the dressing room team talk. Liskeard looked nervous and worryingly shaky at the newly formed spirit exerted by their hosts.

The concluding section of the drama witnessed Bodmin back in it big time, it was 2-2 and they were pushing hard for victory. Liskeard, driven forward by Captain Podmores never say die attitude faced up for the final battle. Both sides went at it full-on for maximum points. Big chances came and went both ends of the pitch before Bodmin forced a controversial scrambled winner at the death. Out came the handbags.

Never a pretty match but certainly a compelling tale of mixed fortunes and spirited comebacks.

Liskeard will definitely rue their finishing after this missed opportunity.

Head Count Attendance: 76

11 hours ago, Bangle1970 said:

Biggest wage bill i agree until this season 

Possibly, but trophies in the Cabinet were won. 🤫😉

What about if Helston don't win it this season with the budget they have, what about Levi playing for Blazey yesterday on £170 a game, or do you think he would just like to nip down to Mousehole for the day for a game ... Many teams in Devon & Cornwall would love to have him & if he were playing for what I would call a 'successful' manager like Cusi, Gilby, Massey etc then could understand, but your telling me he turning out for Blazey yesterday for rehabilitation, & would choose to play for two P&D managers at best ... Come on .... It's for the packet!

Money has, & does always rule football. But don't knock Bodmin as they were Successful, try & mock the ones with big budget's, that win bugger all then come on here & go defensive about what they spend ..... They are the ones we like to laugh at  🤣🤣

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Can anyone help me with the Camelford team list for todays match cant find it anywhere and i would like it to go with the photos i took Thanks Forum .Hope you do come back to the G Andy and rebuild the team 1st signing would be for me Ollie Pinnell when hes fit hes what the G need is a leader at the moment

Camelford's team: 

Luke Gwilliam, Tom McLaughlin, Leighton Carhart, Adam Sleep, Luke Howarth, Andy Boxall, Charlie Hambley, Matt Andrew, Ed Harrison, Kian Burns & Joe Reeve, subs: Josh Insley, Adam Jenkins & Mike Steele ( all used).

If your gona make stuff up Leeds at least get your facts right. £170 for Levi. You must be joking. A good £300 plus a private jet to Newquay. Levi comes with good contacts in the game and we were going to pick up Ali Daei, Irans top goalscorer but we thought better off it. He is expensive. Dodged a bullet there. Anyway we gave him a lift from Newquay to Mousehole. Thanks to the club for laying on the limo to Mousehole. It certainly struggled up that stoney road mind to the ground. A bit unlucky yesterday. Thats football. The wind being the real winner. Poor Levi, handed him his packet, well two actually, one for each half. Suddenly the wind got up and it blew away back towards Penzance and out to sea!! Lucky for him, one keen supporter gave him a lift home in his fiat punto. 

Anyway, onto Friday night against Sticker. 

100% - Camelford team was:

1 Luke Gwilliam, 2 Luke Howeth, 3 Tom McLauclan, 4 Leighton Carhart, 5 Adam Sleep(C), 6 Charley Hambly, 7 Adam Boxall, 14 Ed Harrison, 9 Joe Reeve, 10 Matt Andrew, 11 Kian Burns  subs 12 Mike Steele, 15 Adam Jenkins and 8 Josh Insley  

if you have any decent photos could you DM them to me and I can try and get them in the Camelford programme  

3 hours ago, Paul said:

If your gona make stuff up Leeds at least get your facts right. £170 for Levi. You must be joking. A good £300 plus a private jet to Newquay. Levi comes with good contacts in the game and we were going to pick up Ali Daei, Irans top goalscorer but we thought better off it. He is expensive. Dodged a bullet there. Anyway we gave him a lift from Newquay to Mousehole. Thanks to the club for laying on the limo to Mousehole. It certainly struggled up that stoney road mind to the ground. A bit unlucky yesterday. Thats football. The wind being the real winner. Poor Levi, handed him his packet, well two actually, one for each half. Suddenly the wind got up and it blew away back towards Penzance and out to sea!! Lucky for him, one keen supporter gave him a lift home in his fiat punto. 

Anyway, onto Friday night against Sticker. 

Paul. Plymouth to Mousehole for a game of football ... ?? Where he can get a game anywhere he wishes ... Come on ... It's £170 a game, it's common knowledge mate.

He has no connections at Blazey, so certainly wouldn't just decide to nip down to play at Mousehole for a couple P&D managers ... Can't blame Levi at all,  people always keen to knock Bodmin about budget & expenditure .. but don't think he went there yesterday 200 mile round trip for just a game of football 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Paul - whatever the reason for Levi signing for you, it has to be credit to the club -and an outstanding signing!! One thing that must concern you though is the discipline record - that’s now 8 reds, 40+ yellow cards and at least 6 sin bins - if St Blazey could keep 11 on the pitch, think where they would be in the league now??

23 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Paul. Plymouth to Mousehole for a game of football ... ?? Where he can get a game anywhere he wishes ... Come on ... It's £170 a game, it's common knowledge mate.

He has no connections at Blazey, so certainly wouldn't just decide to nip down to play at Mousehole for a couple P&D managers ... Can't blame Levi at all,  people always keen to knock Bodmin about budget & expenditure .. but don't think he went there yesterday 200 mile round trip for just a game of football 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You talk absolute garbage Leeds, your agenda against St Blazey is both tiresome and pathetic. 

Easy enough win for St Austell, first visit to St Dennis and the main stand was comfortable and we parked easily by the pitch. St Dennis had quite a few new players who have improved them but St Austell when they could actually get the ball down and play had too much, thought the young lad Hann from the second team was very good, coming on for the injured Kieron Powell who was carried off and went to Treliske . Young jack Hooper one to watch, very raw but loads of ability and a good goal. 

St Austell without Tucker Giles or Watts still doing the business. 

24 minutes ago, Alan Turing said:

You talk absolute garbage Leeds, your agenda against St Blazey is both tiresome and pathetic. 

Agenda? It's a forum. Cornish Football is probably at its lowest point ever for interest & standard. 

Why would I say the lad is getting that sort of incentive if it was incorrect? 

Like I said if you believe he would nip  down to Mousehole when he could get a game Anywhere ( including Parkway! ) for a game of football you need your head testing. Can't blame the player! Funnily enough, 3 very established Swpl players all agree, & one was a player who has won many Championship's & knows him well 🤣

For those who appear to have a fixation about who pays what to whom and in particular what St Blazey pay, we would suggest that St Blazey more than most have been very open in releasing their past accounts for the public to view.

Kresen Kernow the present Cornwall Records office, hold a number of St Blazeys past cash account books which are open to public scrutiny, not many if any at all can claim that !

On 13/01/2020 at 09:06, Bobjfh said:

Paul - whatever the reason for Levi signing for you, it has to be credit to the club -and an outstanding signing!! One thing that must concern you though is the discipline record - that’s now 8 reds, 40+ yellow cards and at least 6 sin bins - if St Blazey could keep 11 on the pitch, think where they would be in the league now??

It has cost us in some games yet in others weve still dug out a result. Weve been silly with some and unlucky with other red cards this season. But definitely an area we can improve on. Somewhere, someone will have a cracking Christmas party thanks to the fines weve had to pay. 

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:06, Bobjfh said:

Agreed, a real coup for Blazey to get him (even if it is a short term arrangement). The question is though, could it become a permanent move? Alex Fletcher and Jordan Bastin doing really well upfront for a Tivvy side that is right in the Southern League Prem championship/play off mix, would he get back in their side?

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Agreed, a real coup for Blazey to get him (even if it is a short term arrangement). The question is though, could it become a permanent move? Alex Fletcher and Jordan Bastin doing really well upfront for a Tivvy side that is right in the Southern League Prem championship/play off mix, would he get back in their side?

WofTP -meaning absolutely no disrespect to St Blazey but I would have thought Levi would have his sights set for a higher league, but if he is enjoying it who knows. 

Set me thinking about local footballers/clubs as comic strip stories and characters. How about;

St Blazey would be Durrells Palace, the once proud non league club now in reduced circumstances.

Darren Gilbert as Danefield United (The Hard Man, Johnny Dexter's team) manager Viktor Boskovic an eccentric, yet brilliant, coach with ferocious temper.

And as for Roy Of The Rovers, it could only be Mark "Rappo" Rapsey.

48 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Set me thinking about local footballers/clubs as comic strip stories and characters. How about;

St Blazey would be Durrells Palace, the once proud non league club now in reduced circumstances.

Darren Gilbert as Danefield United (The Hard Man, Johnny Dexter's team) manager Viktor Boskovic an eccentric, yet brilliant, coach with ferocious temper.

Couldn’t find one of Roy with a RAPPO perm! 😀61AE99A0-8B8D-4D14-9B2C-544520FA7D8A.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Who would we have for Billy out of "Billy's Boots"?

What do you mean comic book character?

I can assure you I am very real and despite some aging joints, still up for a kick about in the park.

Unfortunately the hair has mostly gone, probably too much blond highlights in the 80s.

Still meet up with Bobby of the Blues, Billy Dane (of the boots fame) and the lads from Lags Eleven for the occasional cup of tea. Unfortunately Jack and Jimmy have never been heard of since being kidnapped during a preseason tournament in Asia back in the late 90s. A great storyline that sadly went terribly wrong.

My autobiography is still available on ebay and all good book shops.  Times have been a bit tough of late so please consider buying a copy yo help a struggling ex-pro.

Happy 2020 to all.

Roy

On 13/01/2020 at 15:17, leedsunited said:

Agenda? It's a forum. Cornish Football is probably at its lowest point ever for interest & standard. 

Why would I say the lad is getting that sort of incentive if it was incorrect? 

Like I said if you believe he would nip  down to Mousehole when he could get a game Anywhere ( including Parkway! ) for a game of football you need your head testing. Can't blame the player! Funnily enough, 3 very established Swpl players all agree, & one was a player who has won many Championship's & knows him well 🤣

You have an agenda with both the club and the management so lets not pretend that you dont.

If you are completely impartial to the club, Why on every occasion possible do you feel the need to call the St Blazey management P&D managers? One of the managers stepped up from the P&D but surely thats the progression which should be encouraged at local level? Levi is a massive coup for the club and I know full well that the two so called P&D managers had a massive influence in Levi signing. Bit of credit where its deserved perhaps? 

Leeds  - whatever the arrangement, how many clubs would turn down having Levi playing for them?? Well done St Blazey - and on a more pointed note,with Gilby’s connection’s, especially to Parkway why is he playing for St Blazey and not Bodmin - who I am sure could match any financial incentive?

Edit - kiss of death as just seen Levi ‘sin binned’ and Sticker 2-0 up!!!