Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall u18s VS St Piran West select squad
Tuesday 14th January. 7:30pm Kick off at Hayle.

Squad-

Adam Hayne (GK)- Perranwell

Shaun Carter (GK)- Illogan

Stu Peters- Illogan

Bradley Leivers- Penryn

Jake Shaw- Penryn

Nick Boase- Penryn

Russell May- Penryn

Tyler Oliver- St Day

Chris Dobson- St Day

Luke Hart- St Day

Dan Richards- St Day

Lucas Potts- Wendron

Will Harding- Falmouth Town

Cameron Irish- Hayle

Gavin Boon- Perranporth

Joe Day- St Ives

Ross Duncan- St Ives

Me and Joff had a blank piece of paper last night and had a couple of days to select a squad. (Considering me and Joff have spent the last 5/6 years fighting each other I think weve done pretty well lol) We had lots of players nominated by their clubs and sent out a lot of messages last night and today. We feel we have represented the league well with that squad. Out of the 17 men selected, 9/15 clubs are being represented in the match. Plus, in my personal opinion, yes there may be a few more penryn and st day players in there than the rest, but that is a quality squad! 

4 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

Me and Joff had a blank piece of paper last night and had a couple of days to select a squad. (Considering me and Joff have spent the last 5/6 years fighting each other I think weve done pretty well lol) We had lots of players nominated by their clubs and sent out a lot of messages last night and today. We feel we have represented the league well with that squad. Out of the 17 men selected, 9/15 clubs are being represented in the match. Plus, in my personal opinion, yes there may be a few more penryn and st day players in there than the rest, but that is a quality squad! 

Did the other 6 clubs nominate anybody? I realise you probably want to keep your reputation in tact by selecting a squad that will be competitive but representative of a whole league should be just that where possible - in my personal opinion.

1 minute ago, le boss said:

Did the other 6 clubs nominate anybody? I realise you probably want to keep your reputation in tact by selecting a squad that will be competitive but representative of a whole league should be just that where possible - in my personal opinion.

Yeah they did nominate players, and yes players from those remaining clubs were asked but wernt available. I understand that our selections will bring forward a few comments and opinions, but in both mine and Joffs opinions we feel weve represented the league as best we can whilst also trying to pick a strong squad. And finally.....ofcourse we want to win the game 🤷‍♂️

Yeah they did nominate players, and yes players from those remaining clubs were asked but wernt available. I understand that our selections will bring forward a few comments and opinions, but in both mine and Joffs opinions we feel weve represented the league as best we can whilst also trying to pick a strong squad. And finally.....ofcourse we want to win the game 🤷‍♂️

Has the County team been named yet Harry? 

Always a problem with meaningless representative games especially at this time of year - players cannot be bothered

Just now, le boss said:

Always a problem with meaningless representative games especially at this time of year - players cannot be bothered

I'd disagree with that, we messaged 21 players and 17 responded yes within less than 24 hours. 

1 minute ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Im not 100% sure Dave but I personally haven't heard their squad yet

2 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

I'd disagree with that, we messaged 21 players and 17 responded yes within less than 24 hours. 

Im not 100% sure Dave but I personally haven't heard their squad yet

So you didn't select the 17, they were the only ones who replied???

42 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

It’s the County Youth squad and as follows:-

Squad and Standby Players

Alex Wharton 

Ash Winkworth 

Ben Whiting 

Harrison Jewell 

Jack Hooper 

Jack James 

Joe Maywood 

Kieran Daughtery 

Kieran Rowe 

Mawgan Kewn 

Reuben Talbot 

Sam Pickup 

Sam Wickins 

Samuel Buckley 

Tom Hands 

Tyler Buckley 

Joshua Turner 

Players on standby 

Keelan England 

Morgan Coxhead 

Regan Hull

1 minute ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

4 Helston players in the county side?

Ha ha. Don't know how many are Helston players tbh. 

Your implication is a little different because I would assume playing for the county is a reward for being the best whereas a representative game is more about who you know and not what you know if you get my drift. 

Good effort though Older

3 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Surely as a contraction of “it is” the apostrophe is mandatory, unless there has been a revolution in grammar since I stopped teaching English. If there has been I apologise unreservedly.

Please re-read the original post - no use of "it's"

4 minutes ago, le boss said:

Your implication is a little different because I would assume playing for the county is a reward for being the best whereas a representative game is more about who you know and not what you know if you get my drift. 

Good effort though Older

Should this comment be on the “Kernow F.C. are through” thread? Different set up, same old argument.

16 minutes ago, le boss said:

Good effort though Older

Please re-read the original post - no use of "it's"

? I thought you were referring to the number of Helston players in the squad...and you dont know...really?

Haha ...of course you do...lol

You can fool some of the people...only sometimes. 

31 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

? I thought you were referring to the number of Helston players in the squad...and you dont know...really?

Haha ...of course you do...lol

You can fool some of the people...only sometimes. 

I genuinely do not know who plays for Helston - I recognise 2 or 3 names maybe??

19 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

Cornwall u18s VS St Piran West select squad
Tuesday 14th January. 7:30pm Kick off at Hayle.

Squad-

Adam Hayne (GK)- Perranwell

Shaun Carter (GK)- Illogan

Stu Peters- Illogan

Bradley Leivers- Penryn

Jake Shaw- Penryn

Nick Boase- Penryn

Russell May- Penryn

Tyler Oliver- St Day

Chris Dobson- St Day

Luke Hart- St Day

Dan Richards- St Day

Lucas Potts- Wendron

Will Harding- Falmouth Town

Cameron Irish- Hayle

Gavin Boon- Perranporth

Joe Day- St Ives

Ross Duncan- St Ives

Not a bad selection at all.  13/17 made my personal 23.  It's a thankless task and not an easy one either.  Well done the pair of you 👏

JW

As Harry pope said he basically had one evening to sort it, so while they might have liked the right back at mousehole if they didn’t know his name or have anyway of contacting him on social media then they couldn’t pick them.

And with regard to picking there own players it makes sense, on Tuesday they have a base of team, if all of sudden people cry off they have 10 blokes who are happy they were selected and who are going to turn up. 

best of luck think it might be a tough game. 

20 hours ago, Scoffy said:

At least Helston are represented in the county youth side 😂🥰

I put 5 players forward Scoffy, think one was offered the opportunity but can't make it, or something like that.

Thankless task if you ask me having to pull a side together for something like this, most teams will think some of their players are better than those selected and cast a negative vibe against the whole event. 

On 08/01/2020 at 19:36, Dave Deacon said:

It’s the County Youth squad and as follows:-

Squad and Standby Players

Alex Wharton 

Ash Winkworth 

Ben Whiting 

Harrison Jewell 

Jack Hooper 

Jack James 

Joe Maywood 

Kieran Daughtery 

Kieran Rowe 

Mawgan Kewn 

Reuben Talbot 

Sam Pickup 

Sam Wickins 

Samuel Buckley 

Tom Hands 

Tyler Buckley 

Joshua Turner 

Players on standby 

Keelan England 

Morgan Coxhead 

Regan Hull

Can someone list the players clubs next to their names ?