Callington Town      2-0      Penzance

Godolphin Atlantic      0-8      Sticker

Porthleven      0-3      Launceston

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP, 4th Round

Camelford      1-3      Saltash United  

Dobwalls      0-3      Falmouth Town

Liskeard Athletic      2-1      St Ives Town

Mousehole      3-2      AFC St Austell

Pendeen Rovers      0-0      Wadebridge Town  (after extra time, Wadebridge win 3-2 on pens)

St Blazey      4-0      St Cleer

St Day      1-3      Millbrook

Wendron United      1-6      Torpoint Athletic

All the results now showing.

No major Senior Cup surprises, although Wadebridge taken all the way to penalties after being held 0-0 by Pendeen after extra time.

Helston go top of the Premier West after coming from behind twice to beat Bodmin and on the day that manager Paul Sidwell stands down as manager of Godolphin, the Newquay based outfit lose 8-0 to bottom side Sticker!

Was going to go to Bodmin today to watch them play Helston but havnt been very welll for the last few days so decided to go out and watch the G vs Sticker was told Sid had gone he had to really he had done his best at the G but the club needs a new manager and maybe now some of the G players that left to go to Newquay will come back and help the G to be a force again ,Nigel and Ben, where in charge of the G THIS AFTERNOON and well done for giving it a go but you can see  the players dont have there heart in playing at the moment and this resulted in a 8-0 defeat to a very good Sticker side ,where the NO9 got a hat trick and my MOM jOEL Cocking ,also got 3 i think he was brilliant a real leader and was great all afternoon but even i could of scored against that G defence they where awful and if it wasnt for Ethan in the G goal it would of been  a lot more . At least there wasnt the constant swearing and shouting from the G bench today like when was there and the discipline of the players looked better ,so well done to Ben and Nigel for stepping in and running the team today but need the Messiah Derek Martyn ,to get back at the club and give it a big shake up or maybe Neil Warnock is out of a job and is getting fed up with driving his tractor lol he could help .If i was in charge at the G i would 1st get a leader back in the team and my 1st signing would be to get Ollie Pinnell back . It is upsetting seeing the G in this mess but knowing Tanya she will sort them out and Ben and Nigel will do there best to get the club back where they belong .My man of the match today for Sticker Joel Cocking and for the G Ben Slater and Nigel Semmens for stepping in and putting a team out on the pitch today .Well don Sticker dont know how you are so far down the league you have some great players your No 9 is a good player but got some mouth on him .I would like to also say the referee and his assistants all had fine games and let the game flow and played the advnatge really well .Well done officials your  the better ones

Well done to Sticker but there has to be a big ? over the future of the G’s. Given time and space Sticker have some very good players (Steve Flack is probably the best coach of young players in the county imo) - but in reality the majority of teams in the league don’t / won’t give them the time they need - as the league shows. To beat the G’s by 8 cannot be good for the G’s which is a real shame. 

Camelford 1-3 Saltash

For the first 10 it was all Camelford who took an early lead through a great finish by Matt. But beware of waking the tiger too early - Saltash hit back with 3 goals before 40 minutes with the front 2/3/4 of Saltash playing some great football aided by some unfortunate defensive moments by the Camels. The last 5 of the first half and majority of the second half saw the Camels have the majority of possession but they did not really challenge the Saltash keeper too often - Saltash being happy to break up play with numerous ‘half way line’ fouls - frustrating but game management. Saltash deserved the victory for their 30 minutes in the first half - you can’t knock quality but Camels will feel the score line flattered (a little) the Ashes. 

Great to see Bobby H taking warm up for the Camels after his horrendous injury, what seems like weeks ago. Hopefully back scoring worldies for the Camels soon. 

Looking forward to next week as Saltash play Helston and Camels play the G’s - two fixture of equal interest but for differing reasons. 

Liskeard 2 -1 St Ives

Liskeard came out & played some decent football playing up the slope on what was a heavy pitch, which they deservedly went in at half time 2 up. But the 2nd half was a different story where St Ives came out & gave it a go dominating large spells of the 2nd half,  about 10 minutes in they halved the deficit. This seemed to encourage St Ives as they pushed for an equaliser. They huffed & puffed but couldn't find the 2nd goal, which on the balance of play they deserved. For me I thought the St Ives No 12 was outstanding & was  the best player on the park.

Camelford 1 Saltash 3. Good game, and once Saltash got the game going after that early Camels goal, it settled down. I think all Ashes supporters like myself would have been happier with a 4th goal but Camelford were excellent in their midfield play to stop that.

My 1st ever trip to Camelford FC, and I liked the ground and supporters who were a friendly bunch. Felt like a traditional SWL ground but with a modern edge. 

Good luck to Camelford for the rest of the season. 

Ashes next? League Cup v Helston on Wednesday at Kimberley.

Dobwalls 0 Falmouth Town 3

You've gotta put your chances away against renowned Cup Battlers, sadly little Dobwalls didn't create many and those they did narrowly missed the target.

Falmouth ran out deserved victors in this gritty (or should I say soggy) encounter up the top field. They had a tad more composure and cohesion amidst the chill breeze and icy showers. On a rice pudding surface they still managed to execute a game plan and looked the more dangerous overall.

My dodgy 112 headcount resembled a 75% increase from the last time I visited Lantoom Park.

You can guess why?

Whatever your opinion nobody can ignore the significant impact the F Troop have had on the Falmouth club, particularly this season.

Despite the FBB Boot Boy regalia on show this appears to be a genuine movement of decent normal people who've been addictively propelled to passionately support their football club.

From the noisy flag waving march to the gate, the pop song back beat to their jovial singing and the busy trade at the ale & grub counters, the F Troop bring a vibrant unique presence that appears to be sadly lacking in modern non league, especially in the South West.

Some people at games keep well away from the theatrics but every time I've bumped into them they've always been friendly and in no way aggressive. When you listen in on their comments surrounding what's happening on the pitch they're so enthusiastic and supportive of their players you get to realise that the cheesy headline about them being the 12th man actually makes sense.

Anyway enough waffle, I just wanted to note that in a game like today a big name side like Falmouth could have genuinely struggled at a ground like this, miles from home, cold breezy setting, wet heavy surface and a capable Dobwalls squad just itching for a scalp. I reckon the FBB descendants might just have pinched man of the match again?

11 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

I was amazed at the Wendron set up, my first ever visit! great ground and brilliant people. They had two matches going on and dealt with it with ease. 

Thanks, proud of what we’ve achieved considering we are just a farmer’s field in the middle of nowhere  

Best of luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. Good bunch of lads and although I felt we played some good stuff, Torpoint were more than worthy winners, really capitalising on some individual errors. 

47 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Dobwalls 0 Falmouth Town 3

You've gotta put your chances away against renowned Cup Battlers, sadly little Dobwalls didn't create many and those they did narrowly missed the target.

Falmouth ran out deserved victors in this gritty (or should I say soggy) encounter up the top field. They had a tad more composure and cohesion amidst the chill breeze and icy showers. On a rice pudding surface they still managed to execute a game plan and looked the more dangerous overall.

My dodgy 112 headcount resembled a 75% increase from the last time I visited Lantoom Park.

You can guess why?

Whatever your opinion nobody can ignore the significant impact the F Troop have had on the Falmouth club, particularly this season.

Despite the FBB Boot Boy regalia on show this appears to be a genuine movement of decent normal people who've been addictively propelled to passionately support their football club.

From the noisy flag waving march to the gate, the pop song back beat to their jovial singing and the busy trade at the ale & grub counters, the F Troop bring a vibrant unique presence that appears to be sadly lacking in modern non league, especially in the South West.

Some people at games keep well away from the theatrics but every time I've bumped into them they've always been friendly and in no way aggressive. When you listen in on their comments surrounding what's happening on the pitch they're so enthusiastic and supportive of their players you get to realise that the cheesy headline about them being the 12th man actually makes sense.

Anyway enough waffle, I just wanted to note that in a game like today a big name side like Falmouth could have genuinely struggled at a ground like this, miles from home, cold breezy setting, wet heavy surface and a capable Dobwalls squad just itching for a scalp. I reckon the FBB descendants might just have pinched man of the match again?

Thanks for your comments Uwdi. The F-Troop/FBB have reunited after many years of neglecting our local club. Not all I might add, as some stayed loyal throughout those decades. The football, the music, reuniting old teenage friendships and making new ones. That's what we are about. We are not perfect and make the odd mistake but everywhere we've gone so far this season, we've got behind our team and made friends with our hosts. We can't make big numbers every away game but as long as there is a presence to cheer the team on, that's good. Once again, thanks for your positive comments Uwdi, really appreciated. UTT....

6 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Thanks for your comments Uwdi. The F-Troop/FBB have reunited after many years of neglecting our local club. Not all I might add, as some stayed loyal throughout those decades. The football, the music, reuniting old teenage friendships and making new ones. That's what we are about. We are not perfect and make the odd mistake but everywhere we've gone so far this season, we've got behind our team and made friends with our hosts. We can't make big numbers every away game but as long as there is a presence to cheer the team on, that's good. Once again, thanks for your positive comments Uwdi, really appreciated. UTT....

Here you go Jeff. 

Luv them flags...

IMG_20200105_152347.jpg

Cheers Uwdi, it was strange yesterday. There was only room for some of us under that little covered stand yesterday, so quite a few of the lads/lasses decided to stay at the outside bar/barbeque which we all appreciated.  In the 2nd half we had F-Troop behind both goals. That's not normal but we all managed to still chant in harmony lol. 

As for the game, it was not easy for the players, a very soft surface which soon cut up. I just think Towns creativity was better and we finished 3 of our chances. 

Its a busy month ahead and to kick it off with a good away win in our defence of the Cornwall Senior Cup is just what we wanted and needed.

Cheers again...

PS The attendance yesterday was 175. Decent crowd.

FISHERMAN'S DEFENCE ALL AT SEA

Porthleven 0  - 3 Launceston

Took this match in as Mrs Winters has always wanted to visit Porthlevens Church on the Pier.

Warm welcome and what seemed good facilities, unfortunately the football was not as good.

With both sides struggling for recent form expected a much closer contest, however Porthleven's defending was woeful at times. Their Management and Player discipline also poor. 

Overall well officiated with the best team taking the honours come the final whistle.

On 05/01/2020 at 17:53, Leroy said:

Took this match in as Mrs Winters has always wanted to visit Porthlevens Church on the Pier.

Warm welcome and what seemed good facilities, unfortunately the football was not as good.

With both sides struggling for recent form expected a much closer contest, however Porthleven's defending was woeful at times. Their Management and Player discipline also poor. 

Overall well officiated with the best team taking the honours come the final whistle.

Have to agree, we expected a tougher game but were delighted with a much needed 3 points. facilities always good at gala park. The away side are looking to appoint a manager within the coming week, club are trying to talk Mr Cooper into coming back and also a former callington manager. 

11 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Senior Cup Draw, usually at the end of this week or early next week.

Because there is no longer a player registration specifically for County Cups, CCFA have to check with respective Leagues that all players listed on the teamsheets are eligible. Hence, it always takes a few days for the details to be checked. Clubs are already aware of the dates of all rounds, so there really is no urgency for the draw to be made.

54 minutes ago, John Mead said:

Because there is no longer a player registration specifically for County Cups, CCFA have to check with respective Leagues that all players listed on the teamsheets are eligible. Hence, it always takes a few days for the details to be checked. Clubs are already aware of the dates of all rounds, so there really is no urgency for the draw to be made.

Apart from the fact the draws are quite fun and people like to know who they are up against next. 

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

It has always baffled me why the County doesn't use Full Time for their County Cups. Easy format to use and teamsheet checks take moments. 

On 05/01/2020 at 17:53, Leroy said:

So did your wife have a game of snooker in the 'church'? Its the local mens Institute. ITS NOT A CHURCH!

16 hours ago, Andy Holman said:

Have to agree, we expected a tougher game but were delighted with a much needed 3 points. facilities always good at gala park. The away side are looking to appoint a manager within the coming week, club are trying to talk Mr Cooper into coming back and also a former callington manager. 

Just a suggestion, it may be worth contacting Graham Kirkup???

• 1 month later...
On 07/01/2020 at 11:21, footienut said:

So did your wife have a game of snooker in the 'church'? Its the local mens Institute. ITS NOT A CHURCH!

Are you sure it's not a church ? I notice today there is Facebook Group named 'Porthleven Pier Church'