Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Saturday 4th January 2020

Results for

Saturday 4th January 2020

Hayle Reserves p-p Marazion

Ruan Minor (Gavin Perraton 3, Jack Green, Chris Ensink, Sam McWilliams) 6-0 St Agnes Reserves

Att - 40

St Day Reserves 1-0 (Matt Wysocki) Penryn Athletic Reserves

Att - ???

Wendron United Thirds 0-2 Helston Athletic Thirds (Louis Bell, Olly Christmas)

Att - 22

League Cup (2pm)

Perranporth Reserves (Chris Wood 2, Paul Robertson 2) 4-6 Rosudgeon (Tom Rowe 2, Ben Fletcher, Jordan Burr, Joe McMullen, Jonty Wheatly)

Att - 30

14 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Just been told hayle vs marazion is off due to marazion not being able to raise a side. Fixture rearranged for a later date and hayle not given the points? 

Not sure whether you're Hayle connected or not, but if you are I can understand you wanting the points for the title race, however wouldn't it be better as a player to have the game to play later?

I think playing the game would be top of hayle players list seen as though there is so few games left. 

Apparently a new rule is in place that you can just cancel a game now and get it replayed. 47 players registered for Marazion but can’t get 11 together today. 

34 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not sure whether you're Hayle connected or not, but if you are I can understand you wanting the points for the title race, however wouldn't it be better as a player to have the game to play later?

Well if they played there own players rather than leaving them on the bench in games they would have 11 on a Saturday and why should it be replayed  ?? I only had 10/11 players today and wanted to play many times last season I played with 9/10/11 players poor excuse really but that’s football !!!

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I didn’t think in today’s world of officialdom that it is possible to get “new” rules in place that quick!

Surely must have been passed at last summer’s AGM?

Rules for one rules for other’s shambles of a league !!

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

Players just can’t be bothered! Saw they were playing top of the league and chickened out!

Your words not mine lol but to be replayed is a farse I’m going to use that sicknesses bug one for sure in the future Dave think everyone will be jumping on that bandwagon 😂 

I'm pretty sure that the Combo league set all of their walkovers as postponed until it's discussed at their next committee meeting?

SCOR and League rules state that teams giving less than seven days notice forfeit the game (they give the committee the power to do so) so I would imagine that Hayle will be awarded the points at a later date? 

Don’t think any rule was passed that you can cancel a game think that’s rubbish if you can’t raise a side you get fined docked points and other team is awarded points always been that way so cant see league commitee going against that when it’s dealt with at the meeting 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

So how come John other leagues automatically award points for walkovers - eg Wadebridge Reserves today ?

If a team can't raise a side, it's black and white what the charge and outcome is. There's then the case of having consistency.

When the reasoning is simply that a team can not raise a side, the Trelawny League will charge the club, apply the points deduction (if it's their second+ offence), award the game to the opposition and issue a financial penalty. As with FA rule, the offending Club havs seven days to appeal that charge. If they do appeal and are successful, if it's been agreed that the sanctions issued against them need changing, that's what happens.

This is a regular conversation on here I believe as the Combo League do things a little differently in the sense their walkovers have to go through the Committee first before any action is taken - which technically isn't incorrect. It's up to them and the other league's the process they take so long as it complies with ruling.

It's hard to see their process as the rules on their Full Time and CTB's combo website are out of date.

40 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

So how come John other leagues automatically award points for walkovers - eg Wadebridge Reserves today ?

No points have yet been awarded for the Millbrook v Wadebridge game today Dave.  As I'm confined to bed with the lurgy the charge letter hasn't even been sent yet.  It should be showing as postponed on Full-Time and will be, as always, until the clubs responce is received.

18 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

No points have yet been awarded for the Millbrook v Wadebridge game today Dave.  As I'm confined to bed with the lurgy the charge letter hasn't even been sent yet.  It should be showing as postponed on Full-Time and will be, as always, until the clubs responce is received.

But whatever it won’t be a case of waiting until the next committee meeting! 

21 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

But whatever it won’t be a case of waiting until the next committee meeting! 

Not normally Dave no.  Standard routine of letter out, 7 days to respond (the vast majority do within a day or two)  then penalty applied.  Any mitigation may delay the process but everything's normally done and dusted within two or three days and often quicker than that.

39 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Not normally Dave no.  Standard routine of letter out, 7 days to respond (the vast majority do within a day or two)  then penalty applied.  Any mitigation may delay the process but everything's normally done and dusted within two or three days and often quicker than that.

In all disciplinary charges, the clubs have to be given the right to reply to it before any punishment is decided. In addition, all fines have to be listed as maximum amounts in the Fines Tariff. Advice from the FA is that each case must be treated on it's own merits, thus giving the committee the ability to assess any mitigating circumstances which may be present. The Combo Committee don't feel that decision should rest on just one person's shoulders, hence decisions are made at a committee meeting.

Went to watch pendeen vs Wadebridge in the cup today and got to admit the best team lost today pretty much like last week's visit to pendeen lol could and should of been over by half time for the deen 2nd half more even and Wadebridge missed a pen as wally fell over on his li e and saved it extra time was even both sides had a couple of chances and then won on pens all in all a decent game and unlucky pendeen