DIVISION 2

Constantine Reserves         P-P              Four Lanes Reserves

Lizard Argyle Reserves        7-2              Stithians Reserves

Probus Reserves                  0-5          Chacewater

St Ives Town FC Reserves   4-1           Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Storm FC                                1-2          Falmouth United

Threemilestone Reserves      H/W        New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Holmans 1-4 Praze

Holmans gave us a good game, but unfortunately not enough to change the direction of the game. It was played in good spirits, but the pitch probably didn’t help some of the late challenges both sides committed. 

Thanks again to John Reid who reffed us for the second week running.

Top of the table clash in Division 1 at Penlee Park

Penzance Reserves 5-2 St Erme.

Att - 38

The result was in doubt until Pz got their 5th in injury time. Great game to watch, both keepers made fantastic saves. 3 penalties, one of them missed, a red card but nothing rough or nasty all game, just 100% commitment from both sets of players. Local football at it's best. Thank you to Eric Sleeman for reffing the game. Hope you enjoyed it as much as us spectators. 

Looks like all the main title contenders won today so the pressure is still on for the promotion places. It's a seven horse race.

23 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Top of the table clash in Division 1 at Penlee Park

Penzance Reserves 5-2 St Erme.

Att - 38

The result was in doubt until Pz got their 5th in injury time. Great game to watch, both keepers made fantastic saves. 3 penalties, one of them missed, a red card but nothing rough or nasty all game, just 100% commitment from both sets of players. Local football at it's best. Thank you to Eric Sleeman for reffing the game. Hope you enjoyed it as much as us spectators. 

Looks like all the main title contenders won today so the pressure is still on for the promotion places. It's a seven horse race.

Well you were winning 4-2 in injury time so how 🤔

Trelawny Premier.

Threemilestone 10, Newlyn Non Athletico 3. 

Threemilestone went in front after just 4 minutes through Joel Snape and doubled the score 5 minutes later, a lad called Nathan had an easy tap in after N.N.A's keeper spilt a shot from Sam Vage. Callum Sidwell made it 3-0 two minutes before the break with a fine strike from outside the box. 

Into the 2nd half and the goals continued to fly in, Chris Brown scored the 4th after 52 minutes, Chris Shackley scored his 1st on 57 and a minute later Sidwell scored again to make it 6-0.

Joel Snape scored the stones 7th and 8th goals to make it a hat trick for himself. Then Non Athletics number 15 scored two goals in a ten minute spell where Threemilestone were very sloppy in defence. Shackley made it 9-2 in the 78th minute and then Newlyn scrambled in another 1 in the 85th, possibly the number 15 again with his third although a couple others were sliding in at the same time. Chris Shackley finished the scoring in the last minute with his hat trick and the Stone's 10th. The game was well reffed by Ken Keemer 

Att 18. 

16 hours ago, fudge said:

Mariners 3 gwinear 2.greg stephens 2 darren ball with the goals.

Well done fudgey and the mariners. Beat us fair and square. You took full advantage of my lads thinking we’d won before we even got out the changing room  A credit to yourself and your battling performance. We let ourselves down massively after last weeks performance and I’ve made sure they see it the same way as I did today. Dazza Ball still as quality as I remember when he was at hayle when I was years ago. Good luck for the season chaps and enjoy your deserved win 👍🏼👍🏼

14 hours ago, DRichards said:

Well done fudgey and the mariners. Beat us fair and square. You took full advantage of my lads thinking we’d won before we even got out the changing room  A credit to yourself and your battling performance. We let ourselves down massively after last weeks performance and I’ve made sure they see it the same way as I did today. Dazza Ball still as quality as I remember when he was at hayle when I was years ago. Good luck for the season chaps and enjoy your deserved win 👍🏼👍🏼

thanks danny mate,very honest report and much appriciated,Was a very hard fought win in the end,Credit to your boys for making it really hard and a battle like you said in the 2nd half,All the best for the rest of the season.As for darren hes soo good the bloke just goes and goes absulute hero !!!

4 hours ago, trh84 said:

Hi, we lost 1 - 2, but we were unlucky today and I don't think either of us would have complained if it finished 1 - 1, however, on to Buryan next week..... 

Wow! Well done and hard luck! I shall be keeping my eye on you! I went to Truro today because to be honest I thought you were in for a hiding! As Greavsie used to say, Football's a funny old game!

4 hours ago, Ron Manager said:

Trelawny Premier.

Threemilestone 10, Newlyn Non Athletico 3. 

That was me between the sticks today, spilling the ball for the 2nd home goal. Not my finest hour. I was sure I’d kept it to 9, not double figures. Dammit. Pick of the goals was Shackley’s second (the ninth apparently). He hit that well.

16 minutes ago, Mangle said:

That was me between the sticks today, spilling the ball for the 2nd home goal. Not my finest hour. I was sure I’d kept it to 9, not double figures. Dammit. Pick of the goals was Shackley’s second (the ninth apparently). He hit that well.

Sorry, if I knew it was you I would of said hello, I remember you from your gulval days I think? Did you play left or right back for them? 

Not much you could do about most of the goals today. 

10 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Sorry, if I knew it was you I would of said hello, I remember you from your gulval days I think? Did you play left or right back for them? 

Not much you could do about most of the goals today. 

Left back mainly. Used to win a few back then! I’m virtually deaf now, so unless I have my hearing aids in, I can’t hear anything! I was looking out for you, but didn’t see you (probably didn’t recognise you, although at my age, the eyesight is going too)!! Yes, I think I could have done better with 3 or 4, but not much I could about the rest.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

Think this is why they call it junior football as you all act like a bunch of junior school kids making stupid comments back and forth at one another 

😂😂😂😂😂 sorry Mr professional. We’ll all act in a professional manner mate ☺️

7 hours ago, Biasboy said:

Surely titans had ringers in?

I'm going to assume they had no players in if they couldn't raise a side. 

One of their players commented on our Facebook thread that they only had six players available. Both Titans teams usually have a decent number of substitutes at their games so one would hope this is a one off. 

It just goes to show how difficult teams are finding it to get players in.  I was only saying yesterday to a gentleman at my game how the guys watching these park games are getting younger - they should be kitting up and having a run around. 

We are in a very difficult period with regards to player participation and I can only see it getting worse.

8 hours ago, Biasboy said:

Surely titans had ringers in?

Had 3 out injured or ill .. 1 suspended .. 2 had family commitments .. 4 had to work .. love how people ask us to bring ringers in to get the game played only to get fined and lose points lol .. oh well hopefully will be in better shape for next week

16 hours ago, manutdfcok said:

Probus kept a clean sheet Chris.😚  

I will be more than happy if I'm playing in the second team next week mate, so I'm delighted the firsts won and got a clean sheet! 😜 The first team are unbeaten in the league since November.....but we've only played 3 games and we've won all 3 👍

1 minute ago, Chris Davey said:

I will be more than happy if I'm playing in the second team next week mate, so I'm delighted the firsts won and got a clean sheet! 😜 The first team are unbeaten in the league since November.....but we've only played 3 games and we've won all 3 👍

Only having a bit of banter mate. 😀. Nice to see a few Probus lads still playing for their village. 

Players are like sheep these days. No loyalty at all . 

Thanks for keeping it going.  Will you last as long as Paul though ?  😁

10 minutes ago, manutdfcok said:

Only having a bit of banter mate. 😀. Nice to see a few Probus lads still playing for their village. 

Players are like sheep these days. No loyalty at all . 

Thanks for keeping it going.  Will you last as long as Paul though ?  😁

Very unlikely I will be playing into my 60's mate....I will keep going as long as I can but the legs don't work as well as they used to 😂 

13 hours ago, Mangle said:

You can thank your full back for that... He dared me to shoot!