Praze                                  1-0            St Just

Rosudgeon Reserves          0-3           Redruth United Reserves

DIVISION 2

Chacewater                        4-1         Falmouth United

Constantine Reserves        P-P             Threemilestone Reserves

New Inn Titans FC Res         6-1       Storm FC 

11 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Praze 1-0 St Just

Great game to be a part of, chances at both ends. Both battled to the end, the winner came at the 93rd minute from Danny Ford. Persistence pays off and we condemn St Just to their first defeat of the season.

Div 1 wide open now!

Fair review of the game. Neither team having any clear cut chances until a defensive mistake from us at the death, although we did miss a first half penalty. Felt we deserved at the very least a draw, but Praze battled well and took their chance when they got it. Jason Roberts superb at CB for Praze.

See you down our place soon, hopefully I would’ve learnt to down a pint by then!

Div 2

Chacewater 4  Falmouth United 1  h/t 2-1

Chacewater moved up to second place in the league after beating league leaders Falmouth in an entertaining match played on a heavy pitch.Referee Ken Keemer handled the game well.

First half goals from Sam Dargue which was equalised from Falmouth before Owen Dunstan gave Chacewater an interval lead.A Mark Bell penalty was saved by the visiting keeper.

A Matt Davis penalty extended the lead before Man of the Match Sam Dargue placed his shot into the far corner of the net from just inside the penalty area.

Chacewater 4-1 Falmouth united

chacewater thoughly deserves the win, men against boys sorta springs to mind but thats always going to be the way with Falmouth united. Played in pretty good spirits, ref was questionable to say the least and most people in the ground would agree judging by the comments around the pitch. 

good luck to chacewater for rest season, going to be good battle between them and threemilestone 👍

1 hour ago, The Tinner said:

Fair review of the game. Neither team having any clear cut chances until a defensive mistake from us at the death, although we did miss a first half penalty. Felt we deserved at the very least a draw, but Praze battled well and took their chance when they got it. Jason Roberts superb at CB for Praze.

See you down our place soon, hopefully I would’ve learnt to down a pint by then!

Jason and I were definitely the busier of the centre backs on the pitch 🤣 draw was probably a fair result. Footballs great on some days, and sh** in others..

New Inn Titans Reserves 6, Storm 1

A bit of a change from my usual games. I thought I'd take a look at West Cornwall's bottom side and found that Storm, bottom of Trelawney 2, were away to the mid-table Titans at Illogan park, quite near to me. My women's team had played some games there around 40 years ago and I hadn't been back since. I was appalled at the state of the pitch. There wasn't a white line to be seen! Not a day to be a linesman! As dogs are free to run all over the park, Lord knows what there might have been out there. I don't know how much they pay for that pitch, but they have grounds for a rebate, I would think!

I wondered if Storm would have a full side, bearing in mind their discouraging record this season, also that sides from higher levels have folded through lack of players; yet there they were, with I think 4 subs and a linesman and one or two others including their manager (I assume). Bit disconcerting to see the Storm No 2 smoking during the warm-up!

The ref was appalled by the pitch and got both teams, subs and officials together to explain that he had every right to call the game off, but that as everyone was there and wanted to play, he would carry on as long as they didn't moan.

Storm held out until the 23rd minute, mainly due to the poor standard of finishing at this level. They might even had gone ahead if the lad with the chance had actually known what to do and ben able to do it. On 30, Storm's William Faulkes-like 'keeper made a truly great save at his top left corner, one of those very rare moments of top quality brilliance you get in even games in this division. On 39 it was 2 - 0, a low shot across the 'keeper from the right wing. So 2 - 0 at half time and in the ist minute of the 2nd half Storm missed a chance that was harder to miss than to score from. 3 - 0 on 50 following an immense diagonal pass from left back to right wing - glorious ball - but on 55 the Titan's 'keeper might have been sent off, coming out of his area to take out the surging Storm forward. The ref gave him a yellow, explaining that thee were some other defenders around the incident, so no red. It was 4 - 0 on 59, the 'keeper unlucky having parried the 1st shot; then I was privileged to witness a rare Storm goal for 4 - 1 on 67. Titans had 10 men around this point, I think due to their having more injuries than subs. Their No 9 scored a centre-forward goal on 82, shooting wide of the 'keeper instead of either straight at him or way wide, and it was 6 - 1 on 88 as 2 knackered teams willed full-time to arrive!

I didn't expect to see any flowing football and I wasn't let down; the players might have lacked technical and tactical nous but their enthusiasm couldn't be faulted. These lads probably pay match subs for the privilege to play, no pampered Piran or Pen West lads here! And to think, in the FA's published levels, there are several levels (up country) lower than Trelawney 2. Goodness knows what THEIR games are like! Storm deserve massive credit for the way their club appears to be on a sound footing. I hope they get a point or two some time soon.

'Course, free to watch and no tea hut (took a flask), so at least value for money!

27 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

Chacewater 4-1 Falmouth united

chacewater thoughly deserves the win, men against boys sorta springs to mind but thats always going to be the way with Falmouth united. Played in pretty good spirits, ref was questionable to say the least and most people in the ground would agree judging by the comments around the pitch. 

good luck to chacewater for rest season, going to be good battle between them and threemilestone 👍

I watched about half hour of the first half. During that time there was loads of questions about decisions but I thought Ken got them all spot on. The free kick that was given for the 2nd goal was a clear fouls by the Falmouth player. The only questionable one I thought was how the first goal I think it was wasn’t given offside as he looked a couple of yards off. 

It’s nice to know that foul and abusive language is still tolerated though. “Shut up you f***ing bellend” was a personal favourite insult. 

Pitch could do with a cut though Nige!!

37 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

New Inn Titans Reserves 6, Storm 1

A bit of a change from my usual games. I thought I'd take a look at West Cornwall's bottom side and found that Storm, bottom of Trelawney 2, were away to the mid-table Titans at Illogan park, quite near to me. My women's team had played some games there around 40 years ago and I hadn't been back since. I was appalled at the state of the pitch. There wasn't a white line to be seen! Not a day to be a linesman! As dogs are free to run all over the park, Lord knows what there might have been out there. I don't know how much they pay for that pitch, but they have grounds for a rebate, I would think!

I wondered if Storm would have a full side, bearing in mind their discouraging record this season, also that sides from higher levels have folded through lack of players; yet there they were, with I think 4 subs and a linesman and one or two others including their manager (I assume). Bit disconcerting to see the Storm No 2 smoking during the warm-up!

The ref was appalled by the pitch and got both teams, subs and officials together to explain that he had every right to call the game off, but that as everyone was there and wanted to play, he would carry on as long as they didn't moan.

Storm held out until the 23rd minute, mainly due to the poor standard of finishing at this level. They might even had gone ahead if the lad with the chance had actually known what to do and ben able to do it. On 30, Storm's William Faulkes-like 'keeper made a truly great save at his top left corner, one of those very rare moments of top quality brilliance you get in even games in this division. On 39 it was 2 - 0, a low shot across the 'keeper from the right wing. So 2 - 0 at half time and in the ist minute of the 2nd half Storm missed a chance that was harder to miss than to score from. 3 - 0 on 50 following an immense diagonal pass from left back to right wing - glorious ball - but on 55 the Titan's 'keeper might have been sent off, coming out of his area to take out the surging Storm forward. The ref gave him a yellow, explaining that thee were some other defenders around the incident, so no red. It was 4 - 0 on 59, the 'keeper unlucky having parried the 1st shot; then I was privileged to witness a rare Storm goal for 4 - 1 on 67. Titans had 10 men around this point, I think due to their having more injuries than subs. Their No 9 scored a centre-forward goal on 82, shooting wide of the 'keeper instead of either straight at him or way wide, and it was 6 - 1 on 88 as 2 knackered teams willed full-time to arrive!

I didn't expect to see any flowing football and I wasn't let down; the players might have lacked technical and tactical nous but their enthusiasm couldn't be faulted. These lads probably pay match subs for the privilege to play, no pampered Piran or Pen West lads here! And to think, in the FA's published levels, there are several levels (up country) lower than Trelawney 2. Goodness knows what THEIR games are like! Storm deserve massive credit for the way their club appears to be on a sound footing. I hope they get a point or two some time soon.

'Course, free to watch and no tea hut (took a flask), so at least value for money!

We (Storm) came away a bit disappointed tbh, I woke to the news that 2 of our players were ill, meaning I had to go in goal rather than manage properly, and also call upon some of of our previous players to bolster the squad for today's game, we did create a fair few chances today which is more than we have in recent games but were wasteful, so positives to be taken. Good bunch of lads over at Titans though and the game was played in good spirits, on to next week

15 hours ago, trh84 said:

We (Storm) came away a bit disappointed tbh, I woke to the news that 2 of our players were ill, meaning I had to go in goal rather than manage properly, and also call upon some of of our previous players to bolster the squad for today's game, we did create a fair few chances today which is more than we have in recent games but were wasteful, so positives to be taken. Good bunch of lads over at Titans though and the game was played in good spirits, on to next week

Well, trh84 (bit enigmatic, that!), I take my hat off to you, doing such an apparently good job of keeping Trelawney's bottom side going in such good style. How do you motivate your squad for games like next Saturday at home to the Div 2 leaders? Can't be a prospect you relish - or perhaps you do? Aim to score a goal against them?  Anyway, best of luck on the day! I'm sort of tempted, but only a bit: as my primary Club to support is Carharrack, after their awful, torrid time last season I'm a bit wary of potentially very one-sided games! (You must have been a bit disappointed by the Illogan Park pitch - surely you don't usually play on unmarked pitches?)

5 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Well, trh84 (bit enigmatic, that!), I take my hat off to you, doing such an apparently good job of keeping Trelawney's bottom side going in such good style. How do you motivate your squad for games like next Saturday at home to the Div 2 leaders? Can't be a prospect you relish - or perhaps you do? Aim to score a goal against them?  Anyway, best of luck on the day! I'm sort of tempted, but only a bit: as my primary Club to support is Carharrack, after their awful, torrid time last season I'm a bit wary of potentially very one-sided games! (You must have been a bit disappointed by the Illogan Park pitch - surely you don't usually play on unmarked pitches?)

We have worked hard to build a squad of players over the last 2 seasons, who are committed and understand what we are hoping and trying to achieve, and we rarely turn up to a game with less than 15 players.  We are building and developing every game and we know there is no quick fix, we certainly wouldn't ever take the easy way out and fold the club no matter how much of a headache running it can cause. 

The awful run we are on is now, if anything, only driving the players to try and break it and come away with the win (at some point), its almost gone beyond the point of being a negative feature.  We have been guilty of showing teams too much respect in all honesty and thats something we need to work on, we were awful in the reverse fixture against Falmouth, so our aim is to make sure we play better than that, and come off the pitch proud of our performance regardless of the score.  It should certainly be a different prospect in terms of the way it is played on grass rather than on a 4g pitch.

The playing surface itself yesterday wasn't too bad compared to some, which was a surprise after the recent weather, but no you are correct there is at least an inkling of lines usually unlike yesterday. 

Gwin 1-1 Titans

Great result for the boys yesterday considering the amount of players we had missing. The lads fought and battled for each other and was really good to watch. 
Titans took the lead through a penalty which there were no arguments about. We equalized through a long range effort from Ash Mellows. 

Second half was just a massive battle. Got heated a couple times but you can’t expect anything less in a game like that. 

They hit the post and we had a couple decent chances that we couldn’t put away. 

A draw is a fair result. 

Very well refereed by the man in the middle, would like to have him every week  

Mom Tommy Richards. 

5 hours ago, DRichards said:

Gwin 1-1 Titans

Great result for the boys yesterday considering the amount of players we had missing. The lads fought and battled for each other and was really good to watch. 
Titans took the lead through a penalty which there were no arguments about. We equalized through a long range effort from Ash Mellows. 

Second half was just a massive battle. Got heated a couple times but you can’t expect anything less in a game like that. 

They hit the post and we had a couple decent chances that we couldn’t put away. 

A draw is a fair result. 

Very well refereed by the man in the middle, would like to have him every week  

Mom Tommy Richards. 

Congrats on using lower case again. Proud day. However is there ever a game where you aren’t missing loads of players?? 
😉

On 28/12/2019 at 20:13, trh84 said:

This is what I wrote in our Penzance Reserves programme back in November when Storm visited us for a cup match.

"Storm, who play on the pitch behind Roskear Church, Tuckinghill, Camborne are having a tough time of it these last couple of seasons. Last year they finished bottom of Division 3, losing all 24 of their games and so far this season have lost 7 from 7 and prop up Division 2. But give them credit, they get a team out for every single game. It would be quite easy to say on a cold January with the wind blowing and rain lashing down, forget it, we can’t be bothered to turn out, but they do. Well done to them for that. "

It still holds true.

And whilst we mentioning Storm - manager Tony Howard also appeared on the RAPPO & DEACS FRIDAY FIX PODCAST back in August - here's the link to the episode and Tony's interview is about just over 14 minutes into the programme:-

https://anchor.fm/cornishsoccer/episodes/RAPPO--DEACS--Series-2--Episode-5-Friday--August-30-2019-e55eoo