Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron United v Falmouth Town (First ever League encounter)

1pm. KO at  Underlane  S.W.Peninsula League (Premier West)--=-Also playing for the Kevin Williamson Memorial Shield

WENDRON UNITED v FALMOUTH TOWN    10th. v 6th.

Today will be the first ever League meeting (at first team level) between the two clubs--The (noisy) F Troop coach has lefr Bickland Park 11-30am

Previous cup ties.

2016/17  WCP Cup(1)  Wendron United  2(2) Mike O'Neill 2---Falmouth Town 1 (1) Rob Wearne   Att.108

2008/09 CS Cup(3)  Falmouth Town  4(1) Bryn Wheeler,Bobby Bryant,STeve Kellow,Sam Hunter--Wendron United  2 (1) Matt Roberts,Justin Searlle.  Att.90

44 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

It was pretty bleak up there, Older,  but second half quite a few of the F-Troop went behind the goal that Town were attacking. Braver souls than me! Gotta feel sorfor the Wendron groundsman.  Would have broken your heart,  Older.

Only thing that can break my heart is my dogs, certainly not a football pitch! 🐶🐶

2 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

I arrived late and got diverted to park in a field opposite. had to get pushed up the field to get in it and only just rolled down out of it! Had to go car wash after! 

From what I am told, the car wash would have been more exciting than the game!

Don’t know what you are all moaning about. That was a nice day going by what we normally get at Wendron. 
Thanks to all those who supported the event and raised funds for a more than worthy cause. 
In terms of the football, the main difference was that Falmouth were ruthless and took full advantage of any opportunity, where as we were guilty of not doing so.