Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Goldeneye

Xmas Schedule

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Here we go again! Klopp is moaning about having to play 2 matches in 3 days! I'm sure everyone looking and posting on this site would play 3 games in 3 days for the massive money they're payed!! Button it Klopp!!

He's lucky he gets the extra day's rest between. Wolves playing Man City and Liverpool with 43 hours between the end of one game and start of next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How very dare, the two of you, poor (not literally) premiership players. How are you supposed to party properly when you’re expected to play football day after day with hardly time for a sunshine break in between?

I think you’re both really mean, you have no idea how stressful it can be, getting up in the morning and having to face a days luxury travel, followed by up to a hundred minutes running round in front of a load of screaming morons, and then after all that they expect you to win!

Come on Golden/Oldie have some respect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what they get paid has anything to do with it!

Klopp has said what every other manager thinks but doesn’t have the balls to say. 

It’s great for us who want to watch on tv, but for travelling fans who watch the games it’s ridiculous just after Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Not sure what they get paid has anything to do with it!

Klopp has said what every other manager thinks but doesn’t have the balls to say. 

It’s great for us who want to watch on tv, but for travelling fans who watch the games it’s ridiculous just after Christmas. 

Other managers have mentioned it aswell. In the premiership the players could club together and pay for the away coaches. I'm sure they could do this without having to sell their Lamborghinis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players we watch week in week out (weather permitting) , hold full time jobs some working 50-60 hours to make ends meet, chances are they are Dads too, go training 2/3 times a week and play at least once a week. Do you hear them complaining of too many games, I haven't. These guys along with the officials are what real football is about. I assume a fair percentage of contributors on here are past it in playing terms, but would we love to be still chasing our tails to play a game  you bet we would. Full time pro's don't know they are born

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Other managers have mentioned it aswell. In the premiership the players could club together and pay for the away coaches. I'm sure they could do this without having to sell their Lamborghinis!

Take the money away from it though. If you could be paid £100k a week for anything let alone football you’d do it

its the fact that these are proper athletes that have had a sport turn into an entertainment business (not on their watch mind) and then expected to deliver at 100% twice in 3 days. I understand where’s he’s coming from 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Take the money away from it though. If you could be paid £100k a week for anything let alone football you’d do it

its the fact that these are proper athletes that have had a sport turn into an entertainment business (not on their watch mind) and then expected to deliver at 100% twice in 3 days. I understand where’s he’s coming from 

If you dont give 100% in the real world you get sacked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Take the money away from it though. If you could be paid £100k a week for anything let alone football you’d do it

its the fact that these are proper athletes that have had a sport turn into an entertainment business (not on their watch mind) and then expected to deliver at 100% twice in 3 days. I understand where’s he’s coming from 

Most workers are expected to give their all for 5 days a week 48 weeks each year!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Most workers are expected to give their all for 5 days a week 48 weeks each year!!

That’s what they do isn’t it??  For our entertainment 

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

If you dont give 100% in the real world you get sacked!

Rubbish! Not everyone gives 100% every day at work! When you worked did you have ciggie breaks??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just a fan said:

The players we watch week in week out (weather permitting) , hold full time jobs some working 50-60 hours to make ends meet, chances are they are Dads too, go training 2/3 times a week and play at least once a week. Do you hear them complaining of too many games, I haven't. These guys along with the officials are what real football is about. I assume a fair percentage of contributors on here are past it in playing terms, but would we love to be still chasing our tails to play a game  you bet we would.

You forgot to mention though that regrettably there's an element of "real football" footballers who faced with "too many games" will just pull out as can't be bothered! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

You forgot to mention though that regrettably there's an element of "real football" footballers who faced with "too many games" will just pull out as can't be bothered! 

Fair point Dave, remember when I was young, occasionally the other half would put her foot down and I would be unavailable. Though for me it wasn't football that I missed but usually Cricket. She got the hump with Saturday, Sunday all day and midweek too. Your active sporting life is so short you need to make the most of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

I believe someone said, "it's tough at the top". If Klopp wants Liverpool to be the best, they've got to put the work in. Simple as. There's no point in moaning about it. 

Spot on! I just get fed up with top footballers moaning about playing 2 games in 3 days, when many earn more in one year than I earn in a lifetime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Here we go again! Klopp is moaning about having to play 2 matches in 3 days! I'm sure everyone looking and posting on this site would play 3 games in 3 days for the massive money they're payed!! Button it Klopp!!

Can Klopp read? EVERYONE has two games in three days over the festive period.

Having said that, Crystal Palace and Spurs have got two in two days, but I don't see Mourinho or Roy kicking off! 😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Can Klopp read? EVERYONE has two games in three days over the festive period.

Having said that, Crystal Palace and Spurs have got two in two days, but I don't see Mourinho or Roy kicking off! 😶

He’s saying about it for everyone. Wolves play tonight then against Liverpool on Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...