Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

EAST 

Morwenstow              P-P          Bude Town

WEST 

Illogan RBL                1-0               Wendron United Reserves

Mullion                       1-0            Helston Athletic Reserves

Falmouth Tn Res      2-5          Penryn Athletic

Perranwell                  P-P        St Day

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Beats me how there’s no ref for this one! 

Well it is an afternoon kick off so perhaps not to all tastes. Also referees, contrary to belief, do have families. I note one afternoon game and the referee faces a round trip of over 50 miles, so will leave home about noon and be home about 6pm.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, willy7 said:

Perranwell didn't want a earlier KO.☹️

It had been scheduled for 2.30 and the boys had made their arrangements to suit, unfortunately last minute change on Boxing Day was never going to work for everyone, never mind, we can go and watch the Kellaway Christmas cracker! But the ref situation is worrying, unfortunately looks like the way of things for the future....................

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Andys said:

It had been scheduled for 2.30 and the boys had made their arrangements to suit, unfortunately last minute change on Boxing Day was never going to work for everyone, never mind, we can go and watch the Kellaway Christmas cracker! But the ref situation is worrying, unfortunately looks like the way of things for the future....................

I do believe St Day were offered 2.30 pm on the 28 th but they declined ...As their players also had made arrangements..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andys said:

It had been scheduled for 2.30 and the boys had made their arrangements to suit, unfortunately last minute change on Boxing Day was never going to work for everyone, never mind, we can go and watch the Kellaway Christmas cracker! But the ref situation is worrying, unfortunately looks like the way of things for the future....................

It was scheduled for 2-30 because Perranwell didn't want an early KO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All relevant parties were approached and consulted with, several weeks ago in an attempt to alter the kick off to 11am, in order to accommodate numerous people. 

It hasn't happened and we don't have an official as a result. See you down at perranwell on a Tuesday night in April, instead. 

Merry Christmas 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mowenstow v Bude off due to the pitch.  Plan B of reversing the fixture also failed as Bude's pitch is also unfit.

On 24/12/2019 at 16:40, Dave Deacon said:

Beats me how there’s no ref for this one! 

As pretty much always Dave there's a back story but I won't,  with the greatest of respect, be discussing it on here.  It's being dealt with and we move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rob Hosking said:

All relevant parties were approached and consulted with, several weeks ago in an attempt to alter the kick off to 11am, in order to accommodate numerous people. 

It hasn't happened and we don't have an official as a result. See you down at perranwell on a Tuesday night in April, instead. 

Merry Christmas 

Our Secretary emailed me Monday night (23rd Dec) about possible change to 11am k.o. Previous Saturday Perran players had confirmed availability for 2.30, so a request so late just before Christmas was never going to be achievable with family commitments made. Not sure where info came from re approach “several weeks ago” about a change of k.o. time Rob, but first I heard about it was Monday 23rd.

Too late now that’s for sure, as you say, look forward to a Spring Tuesday evening game.

Happy New Year

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Andys said:

Our Secretary emailed me Monday night (23rd Dec) about possible change to 11am k.o. Previous Saturday Perran players had confirmed availability for 2.30, so a request so late just before Christmas was never going to be achievable with family commitments made. Not sure where info came from re approach “several weeks ago” about a change of k.o. time Rob, but first I heard about it was Monday 23rd.

Too late now that’s for sure, as you say, look forward to a Spring Tuesday evening game.

Happy New Year

 

Mr Kemp I believe in early December said that Perranwell could only play if it was agreed to be a 2-30 KO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to catch the 2nd half of the Town v Penryn game. Town's chances ruined by double sending off early in the half.

Pretty embarrassing antics from Mr Pope in the Penryn dug-out. I'd doubt Older or the other Penryn officials would have enjoyed that. Not setting a good example to the young fans or players. Not sure what was said or done to cause a reaction like that. For an ambitious young manager, he will have to reign that sort of behaviour in if he wants a job with a bigger club!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Managed to catch the 2nd half of the Town v Penryn game. Town's chances ruined by double sending off early in the half.

Pretty embarrassing antics from Mr Pope in the Penryn dug-out. I'd doubt Older or the other Penryn officials would have enjoyed that. Not setting a good example to the young fans or players. Not sure what was said or done to cause a reaction like that. For an ambitious young manager, he will have to reign that sort of behaviour in if he wants a job with a bigger club!

I dunno; have you seen the behaviour of some managers in the higher league's? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Managed to catch the 2nd half of the Town v Penryn game. Town's chances ruined by double sending off early in the half.

Pretty embarrassing antics from Mr Pope in the Penryn dug-out. I'd doubt Older or the other Penryn officials would have enjoyed that. Not setting a good example to the young fans or players. Not sure what was said or done to cause a reaction like that. For an ambitious young manager, he will have to reign that sort of behaviour in if he wants a job with a bigger club!

🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Mr Kemp I believe in early December said that Perranwell could only play if it was agreed to be a 2-30 KO.

It’s been a 2.30 kick off since the fixtures were announced in the summer. As such, players with families have made their arrangements around this kick off time. That’s all there is to it. Unfortunately at late notice we were notified of no ref being available. Shame as we were looking forward to the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑🔴🌑

????

Yes, his reaction to the 4th goal was a trifle OTT.

Falmouth Town Res 2, Penryn Athletic 5.

Nip and tuck 1st half, though Penryn were playing the better football. Over as a contest on the hour with a double sending-off for Town. Bit of a rash challenge on Jack Rapsey who had to come off with an ankle injury. Worth the yellow card, but the culprit had already been booked. Now, I don't know which of the earlier incidents earned him his first yellow, but if it was THE first yellow of the game then he looks hard done by because I and those around me didn't even think it was a foul, never mind a yellow. Mind, we were about 100yds further away from the incident than the ref tbf. The other red was a straight one for Lewis Ellis who I can only guess must have talked his way off, thus leaving 9 rather than 10 on the pitch for Town. Only one possible outcome after that.

0 - 1, (14), typical Leivers header. 1 - 1 (22), Town's No 16. 1 - 2 (74), identity not known. 1 - 3 (78), ???. Then, just as I turned to my neighbour and said "for us neutrals it would be good if Falmouth scored", they had a free kick, right channel, 30-ish yards out, which was wind-assisted into Penryn's net (80)! Then I think it was Shaw who beat three or four defenders to score for 2 - 4, the 'keeper unlucky with his half-save (85) at which Popey ran from the away dugout at the end away from the clubhouse almost as far as the home technical area, on the pitch and repeatedly screaming "YES!" at max volume. 2 - 5, (88), a direct FK, ???.

Pitch heavy but perfectly playable; Ref okay but too heavy on the loud pedal on his whistle; only £1 entrance in this league, tea £1, good value entertainment for the neutral or Penryn supporter. About 50 spectators at kick-off but likely over 100 by midway through the second half as I suppose people drifted in from other games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

????

Yes, his reaction to the 4th goal was a trifle OTT.

Falmouth Town Res 2, Penryn Athletic 5.

Nip and tuck 1st half, though Penryn were playing the better football. Over as a contest on the hour with a double sending-off for Town. Bit of a rash challenge on Jack Rapsey who had to come off with an ankle injury. Worth the yellow card, but the culprit had already been booked. Now, I don't know which of the earlier incidents earned him his first yellow, but if it was THE first yellow of the game then he looks hard done by because I and those around me didn't even think it was a foul, never mind a yellow. Mind, we were about 100yds further away from the incident than the ref tbf. The other red was a straight one for Lewis Ellis who I can only guess must have talked his way off, thus leaving 9 rather than 10 on the pitch for Town. Only one possible outcome after that.

0 - 1, (14), typical Leivers header. 1 - 1 (22), Town's No 16. 1 - 2 (74), identity not known. 1 - 3 (78), ???. Then, just as I turned to my neighbour and said "for us neutrals it would be good if Falmouth scored", they had a free kick, right channel, 30-ish yards out, which was wind-assisted into Penryn's net (80)! Then I think it was Shaw who beat three or four defenders to score for 2 - 4, the 'keeper unlucky with his half-save (85) at which Popey ran from the away dugout at the end away from the clubhouse almost as far as the home technical area, on the pitch and repeatedly screaming "YES!" at max volume. 2 - 5, (88), a direct FK, ???.

Pitch heavy but perfectly playable; Ref okay but too heavy on the loud pedal on his whistle; only £1 entrance in this league, tea £1, good value entertainment for the neutral or Penryn supporter. About 50 spectators at kick-off but likely over 100 by midway through the second half as I suppose people drifted in from other games.

Tom how many Boxing Day pints have you had because you’ve just said it was worth the yellow card but also that you thought it wasn’t a foul?

Good game at Bickland felt Penryn would’ve won the game despite the cards. After a difficult few weeks I’m sure Mr Pope will be happy with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willy7 said:

Mr Kemp I believe in early December said that Perranwell could only play if it was agreed to be a 2-30 KO.

I believe that the game was agreed to be played at 2.30 pm but the referee who was going to officiate said on the 23 rd that he couldn’t do it ... no ref available so game postponed.... Not sure what the clubs secretary could do about that .... Willy 7 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andys said:

Our Secretary emailed me Monday night (23rd Dec) about possible change to 11am k.o. Previous Saturday Perran players had confirmed availability for 2.30, so a request so late just before Christmas was never going to be achievable with family commitments made. Not sure where info came from re approach “several weeks ago” about a change of k.o. time Rob, but first I heard about it was Monday 23rd.

Too late now that’s for sure, as you say, look forward to a Spring Tuesday evening game.

Happy New Year

 

That's a shame, Andy and I'm unsure why you were personally notified so late. We had a reply from your club early in December and we informed everybody on December 13th of your wishes to decline the change of kick off. Not sure what the delay was internally at perranwell, but that's none of my business. 

All the best for 2020. See you in April. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rob Hosking said:

That's a shame, Andy and I'm unsure why you were personally notified so late. We had a reply from your club early in December and we informed everybody on December 13th of your wishes to decline the change of kick off. Not sure what the delay was internally at perranwell, but that's none of my business. 

All the best for 2020. See you in April. 

Tongue in cheek comment I think 🤔 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Tom how many Boxing Day pints have you had because you’ve just said it was worth the yellow card but also that you thought it wasn’t a foul?

Good game at Bickland felt Penryn would’ve won the game despite the cards. After a difficult few weeks I’m sure Mr Pope will be happy with that. 

First sending off can’t complain 2 worthy yellows. But the straight red for lewis ellis spoilt the game. 1-1 lukey boy see you end of the season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

Tom how many Boxing Day pints have you had because you’ve just said it was worth the yellow card but also that you thought it wasn’t a foul?

Good game at Bickland felt Penryn would’ve won the game despite the cards. After a difficult few weeks I’m sure Mr Pope will be happy with that. 

The foul that injured Rapsey was worth a yellow. He'd already had a yellow but I don't know what for. If his other card was the FIRST yellow of the game, then I and those by me didn't think it was even a foul. Isn't that what I said?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ronniemay.6 said:

First sending off can’t complain 2 worthy yellows. But the straight red for lewis ellis spoilt the game. 1-1 lukey boy see you end of the season

Agreed first sending off warranted, possibly even a straight red for the tackle. Second one was dlso warranted as player shouted foul language. Apart from this this was an end to end game and 2 players decided they cannot control themselves. Congratulations to the Falmouth groundsman and helpers for getting the pitch fit but it was a slippy surface after the rain this morning.

7 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

The foul that injured Rapsey was worth a yellow. He'd already had a yellow but I don't know what for. If his other card was the FIRST yellow of the game, then I and those by me didn't think it was even a foul. Isn't that what I said?

Just to clarify Tom the first caution of the game was to the Penryn skipper I recall and was imo for stopping a promising attack. The first Falmouth caution was the second of the match and was a late challenge on the half way line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Old 1950 said:

Agreed first sending off warranted, possibly even a straight red for the tackle. Second one was dlso warranted as player shouted foul language. Apart from this this was an end to end game and 2 players decided they cannot control themselves. Congratulations to the Falmouth groundsman and helpers for getting the pitch fit but it was a slippy surface after the rain this morning.

Just to clarify Tom the first caution of the game was to the Penryn skipper I recall and was imo for stopping a promising attack. The first Falmouth caution was the second of the match and was a late challenge on the half way line.

I'd best cut back on the Betty Stoggs, then! And, yes, I should have complimented the groundsman, too. Perfectly playable surface but a lot of repair needed now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about Jacks injury , nobody wants to see a lad get hurt . We all get excited when our team wins or scores but today Popey was an absolute joke and embarrassing for his club , it was only a few weeks ago when we beat Penryn in the cup and a Mr Pope couldn’t even come in the bar to have a drink , needs to grow up , let’s hope it doesn’t come to bite him in the ass in April 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, United51 said:

Sorry to hear about Jacks injury , nobody wants to see a lad get hurt . We all get excited when our team wins or scores but today Popey was an absolute joke and embarrassing for his club , it was only a few weeks ago when we beat Penryn in the cup and a Mr Pope couldn’t even come in the bar to have a drink , needs to grow up , let’s hope it doesn’t come to bite him in the ass in April 🤞

mate, if you want to talk about embarrassments, lets talk about the boy Jack in your dugout. When you beat us at our place in the cup, he celebrated in my face... and yesterday during the game he was constantly throwing insults my way for the whole game, i had to chase him down just to get a handshake after the game, making gestures about the size of my nose, calling me the same this as BigBadBarry did until he deleted his comment. lets be clear...my nose is a biggun, but you should be embarrassed to have him as a part of your club! so yeah, i may have celebrated slightly over the top, but my advice to you would be if you cant take it, dont give it!! 

Luckily Rappo jnr has no break in his leg, hopefully he will be back playing again sooner rather than later! Up The RYN 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

mate, if you want to talk about embarrassments, lets talk about the boy Jack in your dugout. When you beat us at our place in the cup, he celebrated in my face... and yesterday during the game he was constantly throwing insults my way for the whole game, i had to chase him down just to get a handshake after the game, making gestures about the size of my nose

The chap is there to fill water bottles up & do the admin. Also, if I had a forehead that big I probably wouldn’t throw insults about like he was yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Perfectly playable! 

The game was dictated by the pitch with many many mis-hit passes.

But an enjoyable win for the rynners over the old enemy 💥

 

I was talking in terms of the pitches I used to play on 50 or so years ago. Snow, frost, mud - oh, and at the start of the season lovely grass. All perfectly okay to play on - then! Town's pitch was soft and wet - what do the kids want these days, season-long bowling greens? Happy New Year, Older. Tea some time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

I believe that the game was agreed to be played at 2.30 pm but the referee who was going to officiate said on the 23 rd that he couldn’t do it ... no ref available so game postponed.... Not sure what the clubs secretary could do about that .... Willy 7 🙄

Yes Ron it was agreed to be played at that time and it was a shame the ref couldn't do that time at late notice. Just saying that members of each club discussed a earlier KO which I believe it was easier for a ref to be found but The Well wanted and PM KO due to player's unavailable which is fine but this was talked about a couple of week's ago. Doesn't really matter now, just a shame there was no game over Xmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

mate, if you want to talk about embarrassments, lets talk about the boy Jack in your dugout. When you beat us at our place in the cup, he celebrated in my face... and yesterday during the game he was constantly throwing insults my way for the whole game, i had to chase him down just to get a handshake after the game, making gestures about the size of my nose, calling me the same this as BigBadBarry did until he deleted his comment. lets be clear...my nose is a biggun, but you should be embarrassed to have him as a part of your club! so yeah, i may have celebrated slightly over the top, but my advice to you would be if you cant take it, dont give it!! 

Luckily Rappo jnr has no break in his leg, hopefully he will be back playing again sooner rather than later! Up The RYN 

Very please to hear young Jack i not suffering a truly bad injury, any injury is unfortunate, but Rappo continue you break over the border! My comment to all the off the pitch comments are detracting from the efforts put in on the field. The groundsman did a sterling job, the Chairman arranged for Kev Knowles to inspect the pitch before Kev had to leave for his game. The referee arrived by 1pm and go soaked through w2alking the pitch, not once but twice. Spoke to officials of the clubs but as the pitch was only wet decided it could be played. Yes it was soft, yes mistakes were made but were there any more than usual. There was niggles initially and the regeree caution the Penryn skipper for stopping a promising attack, correct. Then the Falmouth player committed a late tackle on the half way line, correctly cautioned. The game settled and 22 players turned on a great performance on a tricky surface. The second half started as the first ended with end to end endeavour. Until a couple of niggles in front of the home bench and culminating in with the challange on Jack, a quick yellow (which I di not see) followed by red. Freom my distant view could have been a straight red. Enter Falmouth 11 who made a comment about the red to the ref and advised to chill, but what dioes he do shouts foul language probably at the opposition manager. So down to 9 but Falmouth fought on and the game went end to end

So guys from this old man well done to both teams as this visitor was impressed by the performance on the pitch by both teams playing and the officials, the club assistants both were fair and involved and made a good team with the referee. If there was misbehaviour on the side lines please do not let it affect the efforts of the players. I believe the League Secretary was in the stand so I am sure he will report any matters necessary.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Morph said:

The chap is there to fill water bottles up & do the admin. Also, if I had a forehead that big I probably wouldn’t throw insults about like he was yesterday.

Forehead? Think you’ll find it’s more of a fivehead. 
Why are people having a go at him for celebrating a win? There’s a video of the Falmouth first team management running half the length of the pitch and sliding on their knees to celebrate an equaliser. I’m guessing that’s different somehow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Pegs said:

Why are people having a go at him for celebrating a win? There’s a video of the Falmouth first team management running half the length of the pitch and sliding on their knees to celebrate an equaliser.

That’s a very valid point. Goals at all levels should be celebrated 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the Mullion Helston game, typical boxing day game in what seems to be regular wind and rain at Clifden pk. Heavy pitch but perfectly playable. We had the wind 1st half and were guilty of over playing not really testing Neil in goal for Mullion likewise Mullion didn't really test me. Alot of mis hit passes and mistakes in possession pretty drab and no shots on target.

2nd half and almost immediately Mullion scored we lost the ball and were out of position as I think Rob played a through ball to Ben Casley who finished first time not giving me time to set. From then on I felt we dominated possession Mullion although had the best chance to go 2 up Rob Carey had a 1v1 saved and the follow up from I think Jack Casley also saved. Last 20 we were camped in mullions half but only a good block from Neil from Freddie Williams to show for it, they defended deep and to be honest comfortably saw out the remaining time to claim the win and double over us and continue there good run, think the league is breaking in to two halves with a decent gap now between us in 9th and illogan in 8th. In the whole nice to still be involved in a boxing day game and the social after, lovely to see many friends and team mates from my debut combo game, Mullion v Truro a 1-0 win back in 1996!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/12/2019 at 18:56, The Town Man said:

Managed to catch the 2nd half of the Town v Penryn game. Town's chances ruined by double sending off early in the half.

Pretty embarrassing antics from Mr Pope in the Penryn dug-out. I'd doubt Older or the other Penryn officials would have enjoyed that. Not setting a good example to the young fans or players. Not sure what was said or done to cause a reaction like that. For an ambitious young manager, he will have to reign that sort of behaviour in if he wants a job with a bigger club!

No change there then

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...