St Blazey                     0-1           St Austell 

Sticker                         0-1           St Dennis 

Wadebridge Town     P-P                Camelford

12:00 

Godolphin Atlantic     0-6            Newquay

Mousehole                  4-0               Penzance 

13:00 

Wendron United        0-3               Falmouth Town

No football for me I am sad to say. The Mrs has other plans for me :(. But good luck to all teams, especially the mighty Falmouth Town FC playing at Wendron. Gonna miss my fellow F-Troopers but there should be a great turn out. The game marks the first ever "Kevin Williamson Memorial Shield" in memory of Kevin who sadly passed away last year. There will be a collection at the match for the Cornwall Air Ambulance who fought to save Kevins life that sad day. 

Here's to a great Boxing day of football and a very Merry Christmas to you all.

That's a fair comment Hetty. But I get a pretty long lead to be fair. She's got things arranged for Boxing day so it's a case of playing the game lol. I could have made it at the original kick off time of 11am, but once that was moved to 1:pm or 1:30pm I was stumped. So for me it's Dobwalls away in the Cornwall Senior Cup. Roll on. Have a good one pal.

4 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

That's a fair comment Hetty. But I get a pretty long lead to be fair. She's got things arranged for Boxing day so it's a case of playing the game lol. I could have made it at the original kick off time of 11am, but once that was moved to 1:pm or 1:30pm I was stumped. So for me it's Dobwalls away in the Cornwall Senior Cup. Roll on. Have a good one pal.

Think of all the points you're going to score...you'll be allowed out until next Xmas...lol

We all have to score points sometime.

Blazey to beat Snozzle!!

st Austell missing lots of defenders and lost the lad turner up top who had pace to burn.

rumours that SnoZzle offering big bucks for ‘guest’ defenders!!  

Blazey to beat Snozzle!!

st Austell missing lots of defenders and lost the lad turner up top who had pace to burn.

57 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Blazey to beat Snozzle!!

Blazey to beat Snozzle!!

Awful stutter there swl veteran..... 

😘

Not the best of games quality football wise, Perryman always dangerous with his pace for SA and should of scored in the 1st half when clean through . Made up for it 1st minute of the 2nd half when a slip by SB centre half gifted him a one on one with SB goalkeeper who just failed to save it. Good Crowd 250ish, played on a tricky pitch. SB weakened by the half time withdrawal of Jack Alexander up front not quite good enough to grab the equaliser. 

Good attendance of 366 for the match between Helston and Porthleven, however pretty horrible conditions ruined any chance of a good match for the spectators!

Helston will be pleased to have obviously kept their winning league run going after conceding a first half goal when defender Damon Mulready got the last touch on a Dan Richardson free-kick. The free-kick was harmless enough until Damon outstretched leg diverted the ball and it trickled over the goal line to give the Fishermen the lead which they held onto going into half-time.

They remained in front until the 56th minute when defender Dan Harrison side footed home from close range to level the game after Port failed to clear a corner. If there was any doubt before that, this was the signal for the three points to be staying at Kellaway Park.

Goldy got on the score sheet putting the Blues ahead in the 68th minute and he made doubly sure of maximum points for Helston with his second in the 76th minute making it 3-1 and no way back for Porthleven, who on the day didn't really offer too much as a test for the Helston stand-in keeper Kieran Daughtery.

With 87 minutes on the clock Billy Tucker slotted home from the penalty spot to wrap the game up 4-1 to Helston, but in all reality for the neutral it was a fairly drab Boxing Day local derby.

Man of the Match for Helston awarded to Olly Brokenshire.

37 minutes ago, Iand said:

Not the best of games quality football wise, Perryman always dangerous with his pace for SA and should of scored in the 1st half when clean through . Made up for it 1st minute of the 2nd half when a slip by SB centre half gifted him a one on one with SB goalkeeper who just failed to save it. Good Crowd 250ish, played on a tricky pitch. SB weakened by the half time withdrawal of Jack Alexander up front not quite good enough to grab the equaliser. 

Sums that game up perfectly. St Blazey with half chances late on but that one mistake cost them a point. Good crowd and a packed clubhouse made it a good day for the club despite the result. 

Next up is our Senior cup match against St Cleer on Jan 4th. 

Watched the towns local derby today Godolphin vs Newquay a 1 sided match Newquay dominated the match from start to finish and the G couldnt handle the constant pressure and Jack Bray Evans scored 2 in the 1st half the 2nd a free kick which i thought G goalie Ethan Fern should of sves it went right between his hands and into the goal .It was 2-0 at half time and not long into the 2nd half Jack Bray completed his hat trick Newquay continued to dominate with the whole team performing brilliant dominating the midfield with the 2 players on another day being my men of the match Ross Fallens ,and Aaran Dilley, where brilliant but my mom has got to go to Jack Bray Evans he is a magician with the ball like i have said many times in the past he should be playing in a higher league hes that good he should be playing for Truro hes some player . Newquay had class players on the bench and 1 of them Callum Mc Conie and i maybe wrong but i think he also got a hat trick his 2 nd goal was brilliant rounding the G goalie and putting the ball in the net . This was a fine display by a great Newquay tongue in cheek ex Godolphin but they where good and the G tried but Dan Peters in the Newquay goal wont have  easier game i think he had 1 save to make .Godolphin are really struggling at the moment but the good people of the G will get them  sorted and rebuild for next year They where poor today but Newquay gave them a chance MOM FOR NEWQUAY THE BRILLIANT JACK BRAY EVANS AND FOR THE G JAISAL BADOT .I thought the ref and assitants had a excellent game in awful conditions .Not a bad crowd in the awful weather didnt hear what the lucky draw was i was at the bottom in my usual place unser the tree my number was 267 .Well done Newquay brilliant display Must try harder G plenty of effort but thats about all

Millbrook 2-3 Torpoint 

Att: 225

Firstly a big well done to the Millbrook ground staff to get the game on.

It was a good old fashioned local derby with a missed penalty and a red card by the hosts.

Torpoint rode their luck at times and needed to come back from a very early goal from a Sam Morcom 30 yard screamer. Torpoint equalised almost instantly through Lewis Kershaw. On the 35th minute, Lewis Young scored from close range to put the visitors in the lead for the first time.

on the stoke of half time, Jake Foster equalised for the hosts to set up for interesting second half.

Both sides had chances including Tom Payne missing a penalty, which he sent flying over the cross bar. Then Jack Wood was sent off for a harsh second yellow card.

In the 71st minute Mike Lucas scored the winner after a Paul Heveran free kick was parried by the keeper for Lucas to shoot home the loose ball.    

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Good attendance of 366 for the match between Helston and Porthleven, however pretty horrible conditions ruined any chance of a good match for the spectators!

Helston will be pleased to have obviously kept their winning league run going after conceding a first half goal when defender Damon Mulready got the last touch on a Dan Richardson free-kick. The free-kick was harmless enough until Damon outstretched leg diverted the ball and it trickled over the goal line to give the Fishermen the lead which they held onto going into half-time.

They remained in front until the 56th minute when defender Dan Harrison side footed home from close range to level the game after Port failed to clear a corner. If there was any doubt before that, this was the signal for the three points to be staying at Kellaway Park.

Goldy got on the score sheet putting the Blues ahead in the 68th minute and he made doubly sure of maximum points for Helston with his second in the 76th minute making it 3-1 and no way back for Porthleven, who on the day didn't really offer too much as a test for the Helston stand-in keeper Kieran Daughtery.

With 87 minutes on the clock Billy Tucker slotted home from the penalty spot to wrap the game up 4-1 to Helston, but in all reality for the neutral it was a fairly drab Boxing Day local derby.

Man of the Match for Helston awarded to Olly Brokenshire.

Go on Dave, say something nice about Helston and more importantly Mr Massey. Porthleven were poor and looked overweight and slow(and I know all about both). A typical run-of the-mill own goal but after that they were directionless and sadly not even close to second to best. All that money pays for intelligent players who know how to deal with the conditions. Don't think Helston missed any of their exiles but life goes on

5 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Millbrook 2-3 Torpoint 

Att: 225

Firstly a big well done to the Millbrook ground staff to get the game on.

It was a good old fashioned local derby with a missed penalty and a red card by the hosts.

Torpoint rode their luck at times and needed to come back from a very early goal from a Sam Morcom 30 yard screamer. Torpoint equalised almost instantly through Lewis Kershaw. On the 35th minute, Lewis Young scored from close range to put the visitors in the lead for the first time.

on the stoke of half time, Jake Foster equalised for the hosts to set up for interesting second half.

Both sides had chances including Tom Payne missing a penalty, which he sent flying over the cross bar. Then Jack Wood was sent off for a harsh second yellow card.

In the 71st minute Mike Lucas scored the winner after a Paul Heveran free kick was parried by the keeper for Lucas to shoot home the loose ball.    

And a sin bin for a Torpoint player 5 minutes before half time. Thought the lady ref let a lot of hard tackles go which helped the flow of the game in difficult conditions

1 hour ago, David Bray said:

The St.Austell back four, must be the youngest ever to have played together in the 'local derby', average age, well lets' say 21 can't be much more.

Well played you lads.

3 of the 4 defenders played for the 2nds last season with the exception being jase Rodgers, great effort from the young lads, and Jordan Dingle taking the armband for the first time as skipper 

On 26/12/2019 at 14:33, 100%cornish said:

Watched the towns local derby today Godolphin vs Newquay a 1 sided match Newquay dominated the match from start to finish and the G couldnt handle the constant pressure and Jack Bray Evans scored 2 in the 1st half the 2nd a free kick which i thought G goalie Ethan Fern should of sves it went right between his hands and into the goal .It was 2-0 at half time and not long into the 2nd half Jack Bray completed his hat trick Newquay continued to dominate with the whole team performing brilliant dominating the midfield with the 2 players on another day being my men of the match Ross Fallens ,and Aaran Dilley, where brilliant but my mom has got to go to Jack Bray Evans he is a magician with the ball like i have said many times in the past he should be playing in a higher league hes that good he should be playing for Truro hes some player . Newquay had class players on the bench and 1 of them Callum Mc Conie and i maybe wrong but i think he also got a hat trick his 2 nd goal was brilliant rounding the G goalie and putting the ball in the net . This was a fine display by a great Newquay tongue in cheek ex Godolphin but they where good and the G tried but Dan Peters in the Newquay goal wont have  easier game i think he had 1 save to make .Godolphin are really struggling at the moment but the good people of the G will get them  sorted and rebuild for next year They where poor today but Newquay gave them a chance MOM FOR NEWQUAY THE BRILLIANT JACK BRAY EVANS AND FOR THE G JAISAL BADOT .I thought the ref and assitants had a excellent game in awful conditions .Not a bad crowd in the awful weather didnt hear what the lucky draw was i was at the bottom in my usual place unser the tree my number was 267 .Well done Newquay brilliant display Must try harder G plenty of effort but thats about all

What was the attendance for this game? I was there and i would put a rough guess at 200-250. Horrible weather meant a few sneaked off early once the result was beyond doubt. 

1 hour ago, Ron Manager said:

What was the attendance for this game? I was there and i would put a rough guess at 200-250. Horrible weather meant a few sneaked off early once the result was beyond doubt. 

The result was always beyond doubt before a ball was kicked. 

On 26/12/2019 at 13:40, Iand said:

Interesting to hear St.Austell supporters views on this game, as I thought they were the far superior side, looked comfortable throughout & if St Austell had their shooting boots on it could of been 4/5? Town missing a few players & slightly disjointed, a very very young back four also. But result never in doubt & Blazey getting 'Off' with a One nil from where I was ... 

7 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I wouldn't say that, anything can happen in a local derby. Look how hard it is to predict super six results. Although for me the G tried to match Newquay for football skills instead of soaking up  pressure and hitting Newquay with the long ball missing out midfield. Not pretty but sometimes effective. 

I agree with you for a change Leeds the G where on to a hammering to nothing before the match started the quality of the players Newquay had was so much superior than what the G had but the players they did have tried there hardest but never looked like scoring against a well organised Newquay side .Even the players Newquay had on the bench where good players and 1 Callum McConie came off the bench to score a hat trick .Playing the long ball to a G forward wouldnt of worked because there was no one with any pace up front .I Was told the attendance was 205  but i didnt think there was that many but it was hard to tell in that awful weather .

On 26/12/2019 at 19:44, le boss said:

Go on Dave, say something nice about Helston and more importantly Mr Massey. Porthleven were poor and looked overweight and slow(and I know all about both). A typical run-of the-mill own goal but after that they were directionless and sadly not even close to second to best. All that money pays for intelligent players who know how to deal with the conditions. Don't think Helston missed any of their exiles but life goes on

You could be correct the new set up might not of missed the exiles (I am sure the club house does) however it's pretty sad that the place fell silent every time Helston scored that means either Porthleven had a large following or the locals are not happy with the exiles replacements. All that money may pay for intelligent players but that doesn't pay the bills

45 minutes ago, Smiler said:

You could be correct the new set up might not of missed the exiles (I am sure the club house does) however it's pretty sad that the place fell silent every time Helston scored that means either Porthleven had a large following or the locals are not happy with the exiles replacements. All that money may pay for intelligent players but that doesn't pay the bills

Not sure it fell silent - not where I was stood anyway. As for the club missing the exiles money - they remained at the club after the game - which is great to see. And don't worry about the bills, the diligent committee and chairman is looking after things very well i'm sure. Nice touch at Porthleven to call their clubhouse 'Out of the Blue' though - must make all those exiles feel right at home 🤣

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Interesting to hear St.Austell supporters views on this game, as I thought they were the far superior side, looked comfortable throughout & if St Austell had their shooting boots on it could of been 4/5? Town missing a few players & slightly disjointed, a very very young back four also. But result never in doubt & Blazey getting 'Off' with a One nil from where I was ... 

😂 Take off those Blazey hating glasses Leeds. 😂😂💚🖤

15 hours ago, Paul said:

😂 Take off those Blazey hating glasses Leeds. 😂😂💚🖤

🤣🤣

Like I said Paul, interesting to hear what St.Austell officials/supporters would say as if it was a draw, as I would of have St.Austell on points very comfortable indeed .. think Chippy in goal smoked a fag at one point he wasn't that busy between the sticks 

On 28/12/2019 at 10:57, leedsunited said:

Amazed at the reports of the game I must have been at a different one, St Austell kept the ball for fun and should have been 3 nil up at half time, Chapman didnt have a single shot to save until the 91st Minute, i then read that St Austell were "hanging on" , deary me.  

2 hours ago, Onlooker said:

Amazed at the reports of the game I must have been at a different one, St Austell kept the ball for fun and should have been 3 nil up at half time, Chapman didnt have a single shot to save until the 91st Minute, i then read that St Austell were "hanging on" , deary me.  

2 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

I see the Blazey management have said they’re proud of the performance, they lost at home to a St Austell res team that we’re missing their back four and had just lost leading goalscorer Turner to Mousehole...🤣  comfortably won in the end as well 🤣

Thank you guys that's two reports as to how I saw it also .  But let the people on here keep sugar coating everything & keep putting me down as they don't like to hear the truth. Fools the lot of them ... 🤣🤫

The Blazey management have a extremely healthy budget . Believe me. To finish under mid table 😉

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Thank you guys that's two reports as to how I saw it also .  But let the people on here keep sugar coating everything & keep putting me down as they don't like to hear the truth. Fools the lot of them ... 🤣🤫

The Blazey management have a extremely healthy budget . Believe me. To finish under mid table 😉

Blazey have a decent wage budget for a very average side with average players, for me imo Newquay and St Austell are two of the top clubs in regards to running a club correctly. Every player at Newquay has come through the youth system bar 1/2 and have a real togetherness on what I believe a very low budget and with Snozzle yes in previous years there’s been big money there but it got proven success, now they’re bringing younger, local players through with a few experienced heads, when the money dries up at Blazey etc those Plymouth players etc will all go, happens every year in Cornish football.

7 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

I see the Blazey management have said they’re proud of the performance, they lost at home to a St Austell res team that we’re missing their back four and had just lost leading goalscorer Turner to Mousehole...🤣  comfortably won in the end as well 🤣

Blazey missing half of there normal back 4, missing there captain , missing there top goal scorer in the 2nd half due to heavy challenge from one of the St Austell reserve defenders but no excuses made from the Blazey management. St Austell only danger came from the pace of Perryman who got lucky when the Blazey reserve defender badly slipped leaving Peeryman a clear run on goal. 

46 minutes ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Blazey have a decent wage budget for a very average side with average players, for me imo Newquay and St Austell are two of the top clubs in regards to running a club correctly. Every player at Newquay has come through the youth system bar 1/2 and have a real togetherness on what I believe a very low budget and with Snozzle yes in previous years there’s been big money there but it got proven success, now they’re bringing younger, local players through with a few experienced heads, when the money dries up at Blazey etc those Plymouth players etc will all go, happens every year in Cornish football.

But the players that are coming from Plymouth aren't very good hence their league positioning? 

Godolphin were the club from promoting within & having all local lads, I personally don't think you can be successful with all local lads but Blazey have one I believe? I am pleased others to witnessed the same game as I on Boxing day, only ever to be one winner, & Snozzle were extremely comfortable throughout. 

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

But the players that are coming from Plymouth aren't very good hence their league positioning? 

Godolphin were the club from promoting within & having all local lads, I personally don't think you can be successful with all local lads but Blazey have one I believe? I am pleased others to witnessed the same game as I on Boxing day, only ever to be one winner, & Snozzle were extremely comfortable throughout. 

All godolphins players who are now at Newquay came through the Newquay youth system. Yes although it is good to have there derby games back, it won’t be sustainable unless clubs structure themselves right long term eg giving youth and reserve team players a chance and not throwing money about unless it’s at an ex pro or a player that wants to be there and will contribute. Ok so apparently both teams had many players out however imo St Austell were very comfortable and Blazey never threatened

Never threatened? Had two efforts miss the post by an inch with the keeper beaten in the final 15 minutes. It wasnt a match with lots of chances. Not a great game either. Just one of those things. The last time we faced St Austell we conceded 5 goals home and away. So progress at least. Rome wasnt built in a day. 

19 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

All godolphins players who are now at Newquay came through the Newquay youth system. Yes although it is good to have there derby games back, it won’t be sustainable unless clubs structure themselves right long term eg giving youth and reserve team players a chance and not throwing money about unless it’s at an ex pro or a player that wants to be there and will contribute. Ok so apparently both teams had many players out however imo St Austell were very comfortable and Blazey never threatened

Wouldn't call a 0-1 win very comfortable.