Illogan RBL Reserves            P-P              Probus

Newlyn Lions                            P-P              Mawnan

Newlyn Non-Athletico           2-10             Lanner

Threemilestone                       P-P            Stithians

CHAMPIONSHIP

Gwinear Churchtown            P-P              Constantine

Ludgvan Reserves                  P-P                Four Lanes

Mawnan Reserves                P-P               Frogpool & Cusgarne

St Ives Mariners                     P-P             West Cornwall Football Club

DIVISION 1

Falmouth DC                            P-P                Perranwell Reserves

Frogpool & Cusgarne Res       P-P             Praze

St Day Thirds                            P-P             Holman Sports Club Reserves

St Erme                                      H/W              Troon AFC Reserves

St Just                                         3-1               Penzance Reserves

Wendron United Fourths          P-P                Redruth United Reserves

DIVISION 2

Chacewater                              P-P                New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Four Lanes Reserves             P-P              Probus Reserves

St Buryan                                   P-P               Tregony FC

Stithians Reserves                 p-p                Threemilestone Reserves

RUSSELL HALL CUP

Constantine Reserves          Aban                Storm FC (Pitch worsening)

Games off so far .

Holmans.  V.  Troon

Illogan Res   V  Probus

Falmouth DC. V.  Perranwell Res 

Gwinear.  V.  Constantine

Threemilestone  v   Stithians

St Ives Mariners.  V.  West Cornwall

Fourlanes Res v  Probus Res

Stithians Res v Threemilestone Res

Newlyn Lions. V  Mawnan 

Ludgvan Res. V.  Fourlanes 

Mawnan Res v  Frogpool 

St Day 3rds. V. Holmans Res 

Chacewater  v  New Inn Titans Res 

Wendron 4ths  v  Redruth United Res 

Frogpool Res v  Praze

St Erme. V.  Troon Res  ....(conceded by Troon )

Only games left on

Newlyn N A v Lanner  on Astro pitch

St Just  v  Penzance Res 

St Buryan  v  Tregony 

Constantine Res  v  Storm 

1 hour ago, Pegs said:

I thought ‘trusty old Blaythorne’ would have survived. Doesn’t look good for many others IF Holmans is rained off(?)

😂 trusty old Blaythorne was up to the ankles in mud after the last couple of weeks and with a Boxing Day Fixture due on it we thought we would give it a week off

St Day 3rds v Holman 2nds OFF - Too much dust from the rock hard pitch

Was a strange one. Unfortunate to get that big deluge before kick off. Little bit of standing water in goal mouth and mud through the middle. Having got 65 minutes played it’s a shame it couldn’t get done. Football has changed I guess. Mud is no longer an option. Not the refs fault I guess. They do what they are instructed to do. As one of our lads said, maybe 35 mins each way could’ve been offered. Pitch ruined now for a few weeks, ref to pay for and kit wash to pay for. No wonder people don’t always try and get games on in the rain anymore 

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

TRELAWNY LEAGUE

PREMIERSHIP        

Holman Sports Club               P-P            Troon AFC

Illogan RBL Reserves            P-P              Probus

Newlyn Lions                            P-P              Mawnan

Newlyn Non-Athletico           v                Lanner

Threemilestone                       P-P            Stithians

CHAMPIONSHIP

Gwinear Churchtown            P-P              Constantine

Ludgvan Reserves                  P-P                Four Lanes

Mawnan Reserves                P-P               Frogpool & Cusgarne

St Ives Mariners                     P-P             West Cornwall Football Club

DIVISION 1

Falmouth DC                            P-P                Perranwell Reserves

Frogpool & Cusgarne Res       P-P             Praze

St Day Thirds                            P-P             Holman Sports Club Reserves

St Erme                                      H/W              Troon AFC Reserves

St Just                                          v                Penzance Reserves

Wendron United Fourths   v                Redruth United Reserves

DIVISION 2

Chacewater                              P-P                New Inn Titans FC Reserves

Four Lanes Reserves             P-P              Probus Reserves

St Buryan                                   v                Tregony FC

Stithians Reserves                 p-p                Threemilestone Reserves

RUSSELL HALL CUP

Constantine Reserves          v                Storm FC

I can’t understand why the Trelawny league have not worked with local resources to secure the use of local 3G pitches. 
if games were scheduled effectively then most of these fixtures could have been played. 

The weather is clearly an issue and has been for some years now so why not either start the season 3 weeks early or finish a few weeks late. 

Alternatively we all work together with the FA to create a central hub for development near Truro. Creating 3G pitches which all teams could use if the weather affects the ability to play which would ensure the longevity of football in Cornwall. 

8 minutes ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

I can’t understand why the Trelawny league have not worked with local resources to secure the use of local 3G pitches. 
if games were scheduled effectively then most of these fixtures could have been played. 

The weather is clearly an issue and has been for some years now so why not either start the season 3 weeks early or finish a few weeks late. 

Alternatively we all work together with the FA to create a central hub for development near Truro. Creating 3G pitches which all teams could use if the weather affects the ability to play which would ensure the longevity of football in Cornwall. 

Mounts Bay 3G was played on today... It was waterlogged! The sheer amount of water we have seen over the past few weeks is mad. It's no wonder games aren't being played.

With that in mind, in the Trelawny League catchment area, there are very few 3gs:

Falmouth School (used by Camborne School of Mines)

Penryn College

Hayle 

Mounts Bay

Penwith College

Truro College

Clubs book these facilities to use when there is availability e.g Newlyn Non-Athletico for today's game. Unfortunately, they are not cheap to book and so to book them on a regular basis is unviable. These facilities must be upgraded every ten years - that comes at a cost... A high cost. These facilities have to have a decent turnover - they get that from usage. 

As a league, we don't have the funds available to pay for these facilities. Also, with only those few facilities above, they would have only saved a couple of games if they were all available - we have ask our teams to consider early kick offs this season to ensure that they can get referees... Not one game has kicked off early because of various reasons.

There's alot more to it than first appears (I've looked into it). However, if clubs want to play on 3g's, they need to be proactive and book them accordingly.

1 hour ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

I get that Dave but we need to find a solution. 
we would happily play early, personally I had no idea this was an option. 

Always has been an option mate - disseminated to all in attendance at the AGM, via our Social Media accounts and by various emails from myself and the Fixtures Secretary to all our Club Secretaries.

Whilst I understand your notion regarding 3G's, unfortunately they are in high demand but with minimal availability which really doesn't help things. The only things we can do as a league (which the Fixture Sec has tried to do) is get as many games in before the "wet months" reach us - which they now have. 

Unfortunately we can't control the weather but have tried doing everything within our [limited] power to try and get these games played.

There were very, very few games played today and those that were played, were touch and go or abandoned.

With the talk on 3G's, Cornwall FA are currently working with Cornwall Council to try and look at 3G availability and to get more of them in the County. As I'm sure you can imagine, progress is slow 

19 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

A more radical solution would be to move the football season to more summer based! Never happen I know because dictated by higher above but far cheaper suggestion! 🤔

Some teams could of surely played the day after just to get the game out the way..every Saturday game I've had postponed  one of my kids have played the day after.. a odd game on a Sunday  surely wouldn't do to much harm..

9 hours ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

There are only 12-14 sides in each league anyway so even with all these games cancelled there’s always gunna be time to replay them by the end of the season so it doesn’t really matter. It’s the lowest standard of football at the end of the day, there’s not gunna be millions of quid invested into it to produce new 3g pitches is there; so we at gwinear can make sure our fixture against Constantine is played mid December 😂😂

16 hours ago, Penranwell 2team manager said:

Problem is who can fund the £300,000-£500,000 per 3G pitch. The new ones are fantastic, with very little to do every week (lines remain clear, and obviously doesn’t need cutting) but every 5-10 years need to be properly maintained and pass grade inspections. 

38 minutes ago, Robin Tucker said:

Problem is who can fund the £300,000-£500,000 per 3G pitch. The new ones are fantastic, with very little to do every week (lines remain clear, and obviously doesn’t need cutting) but every 5-10 years need to be properly maintained and pass grade inspections. 

No, no, plenty of maintenance to do on 3G pitches, probably 10 hours plus per week and annual cleaning, chemical control, sanitation and so on.

If you want to see a badly maintained one just go to Penryn school!

15 minutes ago, Footballlover442 said:

Dose anyone know why brannel school 3g is never used for games? Great pitch but I've never heard of it being used for Saturday football

Not wide enough I’ve been told before. Doesn't meet the size requirement; however I’m definitely sure I’ve played on a narrower pitch at Gwinear!

4 hours ago, Titus Bramble said:

Not wide enough I’ve been told before. Doesn't meet the size requirement; however I’m definitely sure I’ve played on a narrower pitch at Gwinear!

It's not wide enough as @Titus Bramble says, but surely it's the same for both teams?! Unfortunately when the pitch was set-up originally the FA regulations/laws don't appear to have been taken into consideration which is a real shame. I suppose cost was the main consideration.

It would be nice to create a 3G for the figure quoted, find and buy the land, get the planning, construct to FA minimum now  (100 x64 metres) with at least 3 metre run off all round. Properly fenced and preferably with floodlights to maximise use .You are looking at the thick end of £900,000. As for maintenance  forget the old dream of nil or low it can be just as time consuming as a grass pitch although you can forget seed and fertiliser. I spend as much on fuel as I do on the grass. As said previously depending on use it can take up to 10 hours a week. Given good maintenance a well laid pitch can last between 15 and 20 years,however the average is 10 to 12. Then replacing the carpet will set you back about £200,000.Then there is the matter of FA approval  to use the pitch for competitions £1500, Deep clean once a year £750 and so it goes on.

.  One of the major problems over the years has been lack of investment in quality grass pitch maintenance in both training for grounds persons and equipment to do the job. This is showing a slow change but only at level 7 and above, we have just had a grant from the FSIF to buy new machinery, however the cost of training courses remains prohibitive for most clubs at lower level. Clubs seem happy to pay out large sums on players but reluctant to allow a few bob for the essentials for looking after their pitches.What  grounds persons achieve every week has to be commended on  a limited budget and time constraints. A wedge of the £3,000,000 from the Stadium for Cornwall grant from the County Council would be useful. So next time you feel the urge offer up a prayer for all us souls on our tractors ,with our forks ,or just moaning about the rain Thanks

2 hours ago, Ieuan Gregory said:

It would be nice to create a 3G for the figure quoted, find and buy the land, get the planning, construct to FA minimum now  (100 x64 metres) with at least 3 metre run off all round. Properly fenced and preferably with floodlights to maximise use .You are looking at the thick end of £900,000. As for maintenance  forget the old dream of nil or low it can be just as time consuming as a grass pitch although you can forget seed and fertiliser. I spend as much on fuel as I do on the grass. As said previously depending on use it can take up to 10 hours a week. Given good maintenance a well laid pitch can last between 15 and 20 years,however the average is 10 to 12. Then replacing the carpet will set you back about £200,000.Then there is the matter of FA approval  to use the pitch for competitions £1500, Deep clean once a year £750 and so it goes on.

.  One of the major problems over the years has been lack of investment in quality grass pitch maintenance in both training for grounds persons and equipment to do the job. This is showing a slow change but only at level 7 and above, we have just had a grant from the FSIF to buy new machinery, however the cost of training courses remains prohibitive for most clubs at lower level. Clubs seem happy to pay out large sums on players but reluctant to allow a few bob for the essentials for looking after their pitches.What  grounds persons achieve every week has to be commended on  a limited budget and time constraints. A wedge of the £3,000,000 from the Stadium for Cornwall grant from the County Council would be useful. So next time you feel the urge offer up a prayer for all us souls on our tractors ,with our forks ,or just moaning about the rain Thanks

One man and his dog (fork) is the norm for all clubs I would think.

On 21/12/2019 at 17:57, The Tinner said:

St Just 3-1 Penzance (HT 2-0)

Tough conditions for both teams, with the pitch taking a battering. However good to get a game on!

Wot, no CTB match report ! Did those glorious, unconquerable mini-Magpies got worthwhile opposition?

Not bad for a village team, as we say at Forest Green Rovers. Once for sorrow, twice for joy !

I expect St Just was a bit windy, Maybe it was even raining a bit. Never mind, eh ? Only a game.

Merry Xmas to the Merry Band from Penlee Park.